|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Ouphe
Activated abilities of artifacts can't be activated.
Collector Ouphe Discussion
1 day ago
Oh, I more or less know what I am going to cut, don't worry about that. I was just expanding on your original comment's mention of how I utilize stax pieces to slow the game down. Tangle Wire is incredibly relevant in cEDH metas and it breaks parity with itself. Collector Ouphe as proven to be ridiculously strong, so a Null Rod furthers then cause. Ohran Frostfang it performs quite well since I set up on other people's turns and attack on my own, so far it's drawn about 4-5 cards the games it makes it out.
Oakhame Adversary : He has been a 2 drop (sometimes 1 drop) in more than 70% of my games. The way the deck is built is so drawing is the most important factor. The more we dig, the closer we are to winning.
Genesis Hydra : He's an outlet and how we currently win. The day I remove Thousand-Year Elixir will be the day I revisit the hydra. As it stands, it's been my win-con since it's been added and it's how the deck closes 100% of the time. We don't use Genesis Hydra on a whim, we are either hosing our mana EOT for a good permanent OR closing.
5 days ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
5 days ago
I mean, I'm surprised no one mentioned any cantrips yet... Ponder and Preordain are pretty easily two of the best cards in EDH (there's a reason they're banned in Modern), so I think you should stick them in there. multimedia's suggestion of a Flash line is a good plan, and adding the cantrips can help you find it (or whatever combo). Since you're not running fetchlands, I don't think Brainstorm is a good idea. If you do run things like Polluted Delta , it gets REALLY good.
I would also like to point out that, being as creature heavy as you are, you may have trouble with boardwipes. I think you should consider backup cards, like Living Death or Heroic Intervention , since they'll let you survive if you get hit with a Toxic Deluge or Supreme Verdict .
I like that you're running Deathrite Shaman and Birds of Paradise , but you should run some other dorks as well. Arbor Elf is good, especially with duals like your Overgrown Tomb . I'm also a big fan of Elves of Deep Shadow or the classical-era Fyndhorn Elves / Llanowar Elves / Elvish Mystic . Running dorks gets your general down that much faster, meaning your deck overall becomes exponentially more powerful.
If you run the dorks, you can cut cards like Chromatic Lantern in order to make Collector Ouphe viable. Collector Ouphe is a brutal card, especially since you can find it off of your Green Sun's Zenith .
You're running a lot of basics for a tri-color deck without Back to Basics or Blood Moon . There're some cards you may want to look into, like Mana Confluence , City of Brass , Reflecting Pool ... These'll smooth out your mana nicely.
Efficient counterspells can help protect your general and slow down your opponents. I suggest considering some of the following: Spell Snare , Spell Pierce , Delay , Dispel , Swan Song , Veil of Summer , Narset's Reversal or even Mental Misstep , depending upon your meta.
6 days ago
Hey! So I have a few suggestions. Feel free to ignore any/all of them:
Cantrips are your friend in combo decks. Preordain and Ponder are the gold-standard here, since they dig pretty deep for one mana. You're including Brainstorm is good, but I'm not sure it's good enough without non-mana intensive shuffle effects (i.e. some form of fetch lands) to make sure you don't accidentally lock yourself with two cards you don't want on top. While cards like Prismatic Vista and Scalding Tarn can be expensive, depending on your meta something like Terramorphic Expanse or Evolving Wilds might be good enough. Flood Plain and Bad River are also worth considering. Other cantrips ( Opt , Sleight of Hand , Serum Visions ...) are ok but should be considered secondary to Preordain and friends.
Grafdigger's Cage is currently one of the best hosers in EDH, and it does not stop Urza's ability (since Urza's ability exiles the card before casting it, you never cast spells directly from your library). I think it's better than Darksteel Relic , since it still taps for mana and can be a turn one play while having a direct effect on the board state. Tormod's Crypt is a similar card you may want to consider. I think Relic of Progenitus is better than Phyrexian Furnace , especially since you're not running Snapcaster Mage .
Everflowing Chalice seems like a good rock. I've never been a fan of Mox Tantalite , since taking several turns to hit the board is a major drawback. Everflowing Chalice is a slightly worse Mind Stone , but you can cast it for zero when Urza is on the field and have a build-your-own Mox Sapphire .
Retract and/or Hurkyl's Recall can act as pseudo- Paradoxical Outcome s for the purposes of rebuilding mana or building storm-count for Temporal Fissure . They're admittedly not as good, but since you're already running Paradoxical Outcome you may want a redundant card for that effect.
You may want to revisit your counter-suite. Consider substituting more efficient cards for Dissolve and/or Exclude , since three mana is a lot to pay for a counterspell. Things like Spell Snare , Dispel , Spell Pierce , Swan Song , Pact of Negation and/or Delay are all good ways to protect your combo without using too much mana.
I think Mystic Remora is probably better than Rhystic Study . First, it comes down faster (T1 or T2), which means it catches your opponents' rocks when they're casting them in the first few turns. Second, four mana is a lot less payable than one, so you're more likely to draw even in experienced metas. Finally, your strategy is typically going to be a combo strategy -- so you don't need a PERMANENT shield, just one that will last long enough to protect you until you go off with Urza.
Cyclonic Rift is the best board wipe in blue. It's $20 nowadays, but if you can afford one you should definitely run it.
Dig Through Time is an excellent card, as is Treasure Cruise (though I don't like cruise as much as dig in combo decks like this, since it sees fewer cards). Running one of them seems like a good idea.
Chain of Vapor is REALLY good. If you can cast it and bounce an opposing stax piece ( Cursed Totem , Collector Ouphe , Damping Sphere ), it rarely gets reflected. And even if it is, you're likely to just be able to recast whatever they bounce on your board. More importantly, you can use it to bounce a bunch of your low-cost artifacts to both net mana and build storm. So... yea.
2 weeks ago
Yeah your list is great as-is. But if it were up to me I would cut these:
- Domri, Chaos Bringer - this domri doesn't seem that impactful. He's either an expensive mana dork or a bad draw spell.
- Craterhoof Behemoth - craterhoof costs 8. sure you could get him out with mana from radha, but he's not too exciting post-combat haha.
- Electrodominance - this isn't bad here at all, but I think it could be replaced with something more impactful.
- Ruric Thar, the Unbowed - you have more noncreature spells than creature spells.
- Mirri's Guile - great card, but doesn't provide gas. I think mass draw like Keeper of Fables would be better.
- Sylvan Library - similar to Mirri's Guile, I think there are better and less risky options.
- Nature's Claim - not bad at all, but since you can generate a lot of mana I think you can afford to play bigger removal spells like Storm the Citadel .
- Comet Storm - makes sense here, however if you're generating enough mana for this to completely wipe out your opps' creatures or eliminate someone, then you're likely already winning anyway. Instead you can just force blocks by boosting all your dudes (e.g. Thunderfoot Baloth ) and have the same effect as Comet Storm, except it's every turn rather than just once.
- Veil of Summer - I'm not so sure this card translates that well to EDH. It depends on your meta I suppose, but Veil doesn't stop things like Rift or Damnation which I believe are more common than targetted removal in / decks. If your meta slings a lot of counterspells I could see this being worth it, if not I think it is too situational. You also have plenty of counter-hate besides Veil.
- Collector Ouphe - while you don't run a lot of artifacts, this guy does turn off your boots and rocks which could slow you down. it might be better to just blow up trouble artifacts (e.g. Artifact Mutation )
- Blood Moon - This is strong but I don't think you need to resort to resource denial to win. You could instead play something that advances your game plan like Champion of Lambholt .
- Insurrection - This card wins games but if you ask me it's a pretty uninteresting way to win haha. Any red deck could run this and snag wins out of nowhere with it. Not saying you're wrong for running it, just that I personally would pick something more distinctive.
- Tooth and Nail - similar to Insurrection. You can grab Hellkite Charger and Savage Ventmaw which is kinda neat, but some might complain that this as a one-card-combo. Depends on your meta I suppose.
- Defense of the Heart - same as above.
2 weeks ago
My first suggestion is you include the big three xerox spells: Ponder , Preordain and Brainstorm . They may not look like much, but superior card-selection for one blue is hard to argue with. I run them in every blue deck, though I think you'll need more shuffle effects to make Brainstorm good. Though I don't recommend them, you can also consider second-class cantrips like Serum Visions , Sleight of Hand and Opt .
My second suggestion is that you include the one-mana mana-dorks. I see you have Elvish Mystic , but running Birds of Paradise and Arbor Elf can be very helpful too. Utopia Sprawl works really well with Arbor Elf .
I think some of the two-mana ramp spells could be improved; I've never been a fan of Rampant Growth . Consider Nature's Lore (or its $100 cousin, Three Visits ) and/or Farseek . These can get non-basics, like your Breeding Pool , and Nature's Lore etbs untapped.
Evolution Sage is a card that MAY be good, but I'm not sure. Not having an immediate board-impact is a major downer, but its ability may be good enough to make it worth including. Playtesting can help.
Windfall is an excellent card-draw spell if you're down on cards. I suggest running Narset, Parter of Veils to act as a stax piece that is particularly abusive with Windfall . (Note that if you do end up with proliferate effects, you can proliferate her and get extra activations.) Other good card-draw spells include Fact or Fiction , Concentrate , Tezzeret's Gambit , Harmonize ...
Mystic Remora is a GREAT card. I personally think it's better than Rhystic Study , but I'm sure that'll raise a lot of hell (I also think Griselbrand should be unbanned, so I'm used to getting yelled at).
Wirewood Symbiote is a card you may want to consider. It words well with cards like your Reclamation Sage and can protect your guys from getting Toxic Deluge -d, and can buy you more triggers with your mana elf etbs for your general.
Depending on how many creatures you tend to have out, Slate of Ancestry could be a powerhouse. If you don't want to use that, running something like Collector Ouphe to fetch off Green Sun's Zenith can raise your decks chances against storm and the like significantly.
Opposition is a card I've been seeing more and more in powerful EDH decks these days. If you pair it with tokens and Seedborn Muse , Opposition can win the game on the spot. Adding something like Winter Orb to the mix can yield even more fun.
You can get more 'at the beginning of combat' triggers by having more combat steps. Consider extra-turn spells, like Temporal Trespass , Temporal Manipulation , Expropriate , Karn's Temporal Sundering , Nexus of Fate ...
Finally, counter magic is a good thing. Idk what the budget for the deck is, but the best counters are Force of Will and Mana Drain . More affordable cards that are still REALLY good are Spell Snare , Arcane Denial , Negate , Fuel for the Cause and the like. Counter-counters (I call them 'second-order counters,' since it makes me feel smart) are also good. Veil of Summer is the best right now, but Autumn's Veil and Dispel are also really good.
Right. That's all I got. Good luck!
4 weeks ago
Nice, though there are some cards I would swap out. No Hulk combo? You don't have that many sac outlets
Cabal Therapist ? is this actually good?
Body Snatcher is so good
Containment Priest ? do you not go against creature combos? also you have a severe lack of tutors cards like Protean Hulk or Recruiter of the Guard , why not also have Stony Silence . Runic Armasaur is a bit weak for 3 mana. most of these suggestions are just shots in the dark...I don't know your meta.
4 weeks ago
Really like what you got here.
These are just suggestions, I do realize most people (understandably so) don't like spending tons of money on mtg.
Collector Ouphe is purely a side-board card. Emry and Urza decks are strong and anything that can stop them from gaining infinite mana is a blessing.
Seasoned Pyromancer is just to draw cards and get extra creatures in play when you are in a tight spot.
Magmatic Sinkhole acts like fatal push/path to exile in your deck due to all of the fetches. Also works well with Pyromancer. Sadly only works on creatures that have 5 or less toughness and no form of protection.
Wrenn and Six is expensive.... However, the card advantage it generates is unbelievably good. Even if you switch some lands out for the cycling lands like Lonely Sandbar , Tranquil Thicket and Forgotten Cave you will be able to beat your opponent just with shear card advantage. Sadly, as I mentioned Wrenn and Six is pricey.... This would be a consideration rather than a must include.
Overall I really like your deck.
No data for this card yet.