|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Event Deck (MD1)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Arabian Nights (ARN)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
City of Brass
Whenever City of Brass becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you.
: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||Supremespeed , Xikitten123 , gildan_bladeborn , Sparky41 , angesoir , miracle , mziter501 , dplerner , ZombieFood , xXThormentXx , Paradise_Collectibles , Nemesis , frederiklw , jaustinhowald , ibraJG84 , ironax , Lucretian , wackozacko , Azdranax , jamesesdad , kpral , Mousemke , Wolfebladeelite , Daeyel|
|Want (7)||Fullmetalmage , vishnarg , SketchyScribbler , abby315 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Chandelier , KillDatBUG|
City of Brass Discussion
on Oloro Stuff
3 days ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.
4 days ago
Adorned Pouncer is awesome, doubles the equipment power bonuses, can output some massive damage, double triggers like Bloodforged Battle-Axe, and he has build in recursion as a 4/4 double strike! Skyhunter Skirmisher to a lesser degree is good too.
Swords to Plowshares can be good control, or a nice lifegain if you need it (especially with a pumped up cat), cool with Felidar Sovereign. Path to Exile can be a good control, or a land fetch if your struggling with mana issues. Condemn is good, but it only gets attackers, often, the most dangerous creatures you want to remove don't attack.
Brimaz, King of Oreskos is nice for making tokens (on attack and block), but not a necessity.
Lot's of ETB-Tapped lands in this build, can work on upgrading them ($$$ SUCKS), you can look at my deck for land ideas, but in general it's the most expensive component in building these decks.
Sacred Cat is a nice CMC1 () 4/4 (eminence) Lifelink, with recursive 4/4 (eminence) Lifeline
Temur Sabertooth has some infinite ETB interactions, but none that are that great.
You could pair down your artifacts/equipments and add more tutoring to consistently get the same "excellent" rated artifacts game after game, like Enlightened Tutor, Open the Armory, Stoneforge Mystic, Stonehewer Giant, Etc. Instead of Behemoth Sledge tutor a Loxodon Warhammer instead kind of deal.
These lands are just too slow Arctic Flats. If your having a mana issue, maybe try Birds of Paradise or putting some conditional check dual lands, or cheap pain lands like City of Brass / Mana Confluence for the time being.
Could use the same strategy on creatures, instead of a High CMC Nacatl War-Pride, Eladamri's Call a Nazahn, Revered Bladesmith and get a free Hammer of Nazahn and have all your equipments auto-equip for the same CMC.
It's a good deck, I think your on track, I would include Triumph of the Hordes as an alternate to damage win-con (against other infinite life decks anyway, or when you need to fast kill a Grixis or something fast).
1 week ago
Yess that will works :)
The rest is to upgrade land section. Shocklands is a must. You dont want most of your land ETB tapped all the time, it will leave you far behind than your opponents.
Dual lands from BFZ is fine but inconsistant, your basic lands is quite low. And why dont you bring Farseek, Skyshroud Claim, Tempt with Discovery or Krosan Verge(the worst) maybe ? it will help you search and fix color by finding your duallands.
City of Brass Forbidden Orchard Reflecting Pool is a key to 5 color deck, they dont ETB tapped and fix colors. You dont want to have Cinder Glade or Canopy Vista on your first turn and cannot drop your Birds of Paradise
1 week ago
I have yet to update the description of this deck more clear so for no this is how I win turn one. I play an Island or a card like City of Brass then play either Chrome Mox, Lotus Petal, or Mox Diamond and anthor card etheir Sol Ring, Mana Crypt and Mana Vault then useing your two mana of any color from your first set of cards choose for both, then play Power Artifact and then play Grim Monolith, or Mana Vault useing your mana from Sol Ring or Mana Crypt then set your infinte combo in motion and if you have one of the kill cards like Exsanguinate in hand play it and win. Or I can use the other combo which is much les likely to happen. Play Eladamri's Vineyard or one of your other mana tapers Mana Crypt, etc... then play Arbor Elf and Utopia Sprawl then ramp even higher by exlieing Elvish Spirit Guide from your hand. then play Sol Ring and/or useing your mana from Mana Crypt play Freed from the Real on Arbor Elf then play Lightning Greaves or Concordant Crossroads then start your combo and play one of your kill cards like Exsanguinate and win. these are a few of the winning combos and most have more interchangeable parts to them. If you have any questions, suggestions, Criticisms, and/or commplements feel free to comment:)
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Your base ideas look quite goog. I think the Gemhide Slivers a not good. You are a aggro deck with a curve that ends about 2. Gemhide Sliver is for mana fixing and ramp which you don't need. I would suggest Heart Sliver for more aggro or Striking Sliver. 4 Crystalline Sliver should be the goal. Shroud is just strong. Phantasmal Image can copy all your Slivers and is with a cost of 2 perfect for your curve.For the mana base I would suggest Rainbowlands; Gemstone Mine, Mana Confluence and City of Brass should fix your base quite well.