Great Oak Guardian
Creature — Treefolk
Flash (You may cast this spell at any time you could cast an instant.)
When Great Oak Guardian enters the battlefield, creatures target player controls get +2/+2 until end of turn. Untap them.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Great Oak Guardian Discussion
5 days ago
I would do the following:
Add Crop Rotation cut Sylvan Scrying
Add Nature's Claim cut Krosan Grip
General cuts: Skyshroud Elf, Zhur-Taa Druid, Lotus Petal, Xenagosthe Reveler
Then cut Strip Mine for basic Plains if supporting the Blood Moon package.
1 week ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
1 week ago
Hello Kyrezx, I'm actually in the process of making a primer for Yisan. But here's some wincons:
Temur Sabertooth + Wirewood Symbiote + CMC 1 Elf + Mana dork (Priest of Titania, Elvish Archdruid, Karametra's Acolyte or Selvala, Heart of the Wilds) that taps for 5 or more. This gives us infinite mana, and infinite untaps (from Wirewood Symbiote). This is the main combo that I try to assemble because all of the pieces are tutorable.
Big Mana dork + Staff of Domination or Umbral Mantle. Staff of Domination just allows us to win on the spot, while Umbral Mantle requires us to have an outlet. Keep in mind that Selvala goes infinite with Umbral Mantle, so if I draw Mantle, I try to tutor for her ASAP.
2 weeks ago
I am new to this site, but have played animar for a long time, and so this is mearly my opinion, but i would suggest cutting some mana dorks for some cheap blue creatures whose sole purpose is to put counters on animar: Dream Stalker, Man-o'-War and Shrieking Drake. These repeatedly put counters on animar by bouncing themselves to your hand immediatly. I would also recommend Peregrine Drake, not for combo, but for free land untapping. Lightning Greaves is also great as you play them, next turn play animar and instantly equip. I would also recommend utility lands such as Llanowar Reborn for instant counters. Also Gruul War Chant is better than Goblin War Drums, so run that instead. I will list off a few other suggestions, but I just like to run them personaly, so you choose: Mulldrifter, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds, Sylvan Library, Bane of Progress, Platinum Angel, Forgotten Ancient, Great Oak Guardian and Mystic Snake.
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
Nice deck. I have a few ideas based on my experience with combo elves in commander...my deck is more combo focused than this, it doesn't run any lords anymore for example. You called this deck combo elves, so i have suggestions to combo.
You can check out my elf deck, maybe it has more ideas for you:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 5 | 15 COMMENTS | 1899 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS