|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (42)||Ashy , REV666 , switchkill65 , Antiat , voidruby , frederiklw , EdenGardenz , bakunet , Pelli , killstars , , Dr_Jay , Epidilius , MattN7498 , mziter501 , Va1mar , miracle , Cazaz0816 , Wolfebladeelite , saj0219 , Myllyes314 , Esquire_ , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , Oloro_Magic , twistedmage , ninjaclevs13 , CampbellStev , sonnet666 , PTsmitty , Bluboltar , ironax , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Riku580 , karnwithpants , webdokkeren , Mortiferus_Rosa , Slowbro23 , Bezter , mazrimtaim , Famicomania , joshw335|
|Want (30)||Henryen , ApatheticHero , Approximos , BringerOfStorms , Nerukad , Eratosthenes , wonka747 , bobfreak1234 , november11 , bassgdae , nocipher , kovellen , leakypen , esporia , jtwood , Elementalism , Garrigan , oswrick , jimc1664 , brchapp , jsdk70 , Sigma0444 , FNG , RoninH3RO , MirrorMountain , Lythia , MrFeronius , ExultantCultist94 , ColdFire , rayzoredge|
Phyrexian Reclamation Discussion
15 hours ago
Hey Zerraphon, nice you liking the idea! Well you want the protection pieces i got in there. I am playing in a meta where removal is not the focus of a lot of decks but there are some nasty things that from time to time fly around. It helps a lot having Avacyn, Angel of Hope and her little sister Deathless Angel around. Same goes for Teferi's Protection which you can also replace, if it is not in your budget, think Boros Charm is a nice addition. The black pieces i got in this deck are mostly supportive and you don't really need black. Most of your draw can be done from blue anyways and recursion is decent in white. Make sure you got Bruna, the Fading Light in there, i replaced her with Phyrexian Reclamation cause it is just cheaper. The only thing you lose from not having black is some decent removal in form of [Utter End] and potentially Merciless Eviction (did put that into my licia deck thats why it is not in this deck). The other way you profit from red. I think you should really put stuff in that gives Haste ( Fires of Yavimaya Dragon Tempest ) and so on. Doublestrike should also be a higher priority if you have red. Think if you build around KT you need to try out how the ramp and draw from the commander plays out. This deck is build around ramping early, thats why there are 13 pieces, but also tuned to not heavily have to rely on your ramp spells. If you get to 4-5 Lands you are mostly good to go and the deck functions. It is a slower mid range control deck and red should probably accelerate this a little bit, cause you can give your creatures haste. I think thats why you probably dont need that much protection spells, cause you can prepare your turns in your hand because of haste. This deck has to protect the board state over several turns, cause of the +1/+1 counter theme that is the shell for the Angel Tribal. I just suggest you to find a shell for your ladies and awesome Angels and go from there. Doublestrike beatdown would be one thing to consider. After that, play test a lot. It takes a lot of time to refine how many cards you need for your strategy and how many you can devote to other stuff. Would also suggest to think about a second win condition that doesn't resolve around combat damage. I took in the Debt to the Deathless that allows me to close out games that otherwise are unwinable. I think you got a lot of stuff in red like Chandra's Ignition and so on. Have fun building! If you have any questions towards which Angels to include (cause i know it is hard to cut them) just ask!
1 day ago
If you want to ramp up your ability to control the board cards like Meekstone do the trick
Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim is another sac option
3 days ago
Out : Vampiric Rites In: Contamination Why: First of all, Stax gameplay is my favourite playstyle! With all of the tokens its no problem to sac 1 at the start of my upkeep and Contamination is a wincon in this deck! I have enough mono black vampires in this deck to bring my foes down. The best time to drop Contamination on the board is when Edgar Markov is on the battlefield to pump up my vamps and make it a swift dead for my beloved friends around the table.
I think im close to the final version of my deck, I could use some sac lands to give it the final touch it needs but those are expensive but will be introduced soon..
Thanks for reading ! If u like my deck please upvote !
5 days ago
Definitely Add Show
Possibly Add Show
- Forge of Heroes
- Preyseizer Dragon
- Hound of Griselbrand
- Ion Storm
- Curse of Stalked Prey
- Cyclonic Rift
- Mark of Mutiny
- Sower of Temptation
- Conquering Manticore
- Dragonlord Silumgar
- Aura Thief
- Puca's Mischief
- Infernal Tribute
- Claws of Gix
- Viscera Seer
- Ogre Slumlord
- Open the Graves
- Pawn of Ulamog
- Sifter of Skulls
- Falkenrath Noble
- Power Conduit
- Palace Familiar
- Surveilling Sprite
- Ogre Battledriver
5 days ago
Sadly, Shalai, Voice of Plenty does not go into a Mardu deck as her activated ability with gives her green color identity.
With the casting costs of your creatures, I'd find a way to fit Thran Dynamo in, you could use a couple more pieces of ramp anyway and this seems like the first to include.
I like the inclusion of Liliana's Contract as card draw/alt win condition.
I've wanted to play Elbrus, the Binding Blade Flip in a deck but haven't had the right home for it. [Maybe I'll find space in my Zurgo Helmsmasher deck]. Stoneforge Mystic would help get that puppy into play for cheaper [well, cheaper mana anyway] or Stonehewer Giant , which doesn't carry the pricetag and can equip the blade as a surprise during combat.
Overall I like where you are with the deck. Kind of makes me wish I could find a Kaalia so I could build a version.
5 days ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
1 week ago
burferking Thanks for the feedback! I def need to add some more GY hate. I think Phyrexian Reclamation is a good addition. My concern with the recursion pieces was having the deck go too many directions. Finally, I don't have the budget right now to tutors but those are always a good addition!
1 week ago
I suggest you add some graveyard hate in case your opponents have a way to recur back their cards (Living Death, Scrap Mastery, Sun Titan, etc.), like Crook of Condemnation, Relic of Progenitus, Nihil Spellbomb or Leyline of the Void (if you have the $$$). You already have Bojuka Bog, so nice choice :). I love the Whip of Erebos and Phyrexian Reclamation to get back my own creatures and some instants or sorceries put them back directly (one-time only though): Cauldron Dance, Torrent of Souls, Rise from the Grave. Beacon of Unrest is very nice and versatile. If you have the budget, Sheoldred, Whispering One is very effective and Goryo's Vengeance can be useful. Shallow Grave, Animate Dead and Necromancy are other options too. For mass-reanimation, use Rise of the Dark Realms, Liliana Vess or Liliana, Death Wielder. If you like the discard theme, pretty much all specters have an ability related to that, but of course they aren't of the tribes you want with your commander. Also, if you play black, I think tutors are a must, because they are the best in the game since only Beseech the Queen reveals the tutored card in black (well, I think so). So Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Mastermind's Acquisition, Dark Petition, Diabolic Revelation, Increasing Ambition and the good old budget Diabolic Tutor are among options.