|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
, Pay 2 life: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (13)||bakunet , Supremespeed , LPrats , pskinn01 , Tiddilywinkus , frederiklw , ironax , Joblaska , Riku580 , Azdranax , Doom_of_Valyria , sonnet666 ,|
|Want (6)||goodair , VampSlayer , Turtlelover73 , samuelianstorm , Desol4tion , Berilio|
Phyrexian Reclamation Discussion
10 hours ago
Tymna is on the "upgrade to it later list". I would love to have her and I hope she gets a much needed reprinted in the next Commander Anthology. Plus, I could run the deck with her and Ravos as a novelty. Hour of Revelation would be a good replacement for Akroma's Vengeance . I'll miss the idea cycling, but a cheap wipe is a cheap wipe. I think the swap of Keystone to Mindstone makes sense. I'll be trading fixing for speed, but I can Sol Ring into a Mindstone really quick. Out of curiosity, what should I bump for Attrition if I pop it in there? Always Watching ? Teshar is mostly there to put creatures back on the field, but I guess that works really well too. Any thoughts on Carnage Altar or Phyrexian Reclamation ? Are the cycling lands still alright to use?
20 hours ago
In regards to being weak against mill though, I don't fully agree. Your deck, being built around a commander that puts creatures in the graveyard, has ways of taking advantage of being milled. Cards like Phyrexian Reclamation, Animate Dead and Victimize are better against a mill opponent. Also, at least in my experience, mill decks will have a way to remove Kozilek, Butcher of Truth from your deck with a card like Jester's Cap or Bitter Ordeal once they see it.
This is all my opinion though so if you like playing Kozilek, Butcher of Truth I am totally fine with that, more power to you. :)
5 days ago
You can play less instants and sorceries and run a card like Primal Surge instead. In many game this can be an auto win card.
Also it doesn't seem like your deck does not have much protection, recursion, or evasion so a well timed board clear could spell out a loss. Some cheap recursion cards to think about are Living Death and Phyrexian Reclamation, a little recursion can go a long way.
Also I generally don't like to play with the vanilla slivers because I might as well play a sliver with an ability. That goes the same with the sorcery's that create vanilla slivers. I would also think about running double of the basic abilities you want like mana production, haste, flying, etc. this would help make the deck more consistent.
Commander 2017 has a lot of tribal synergy cards that you might want to think about trying, they are worth the look.
Then there are the obvious tips on making the land/mana base better so everything doesn't come in tapped (slowing down the deck).
I like adding enchantments or other mana rocks that can allow you to tap your lands, artifacts, and or creatures for mana of any color.
6 days ago
Just gonna leave some suggestions here:
Tutors- Demonic Tutor
Draw- Synapse Sliver
Recursion- Phyrexian Reclamation
1 week ago
Response to Last_Laugh
- Reconnaissance was not even on my radar! I can see the value in pulling creatures out of combat, and might look to add it in. Would you have any suggestions of what to cut in favor of it?
- Boros Charm was certainly a card I considered. I ended up going with Rootborn Defenses as I already had a copy of that and somehow don't have the Charm yet. Is it a good enough upgrade that I should replace Rootborn Defenses? Should I make a cut elsewhere?
- I looked at your List! The deck seems sweet. I was curious how Oathsworn Vampire has played for you? It was a card I was considering, but figured other 2 drops would be more impactful. Perhaps I am wrong?
Response to passascats
- Greed for Underworld Connections is something I will definitely consider. I figured one extra draw per turn was good enough, but honestly, you might be right that having that restriction may not be worth the extra 1 life per draw/one mana. I'd like to play a bit with this deck before making that cut, but for sure I'll switch it up at some point to see the difference.
- Same as above comments on Boros Charm
Response to kamelyan
- What kind of cut would you make for Phyrexian Reclamation I like the concept of bringing back Vampires in the late game, but I'm not sure this counts as draw(?).
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments!!!
1 week ago
1 week ago
But what if your combo piece(s) is already in the graveyard? I know you have Sheoldred, but what's the likelihood that the other players will allow her to stick around to retrieve your cards?
2 weeks ago
Lotus Petal can get your commander out on turn one.
Please check out mine:
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 43 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER