|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
(1)(Blue), Tap: Return target Wizard you control to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||tragic_slip , bakunet , Supremespeed , Vasbear1 , , Jauntu , Fineontheoutside , Florg , KillDatBUG , JohnBeaman , slemulv|
|Want (32)||plazma7 , ASCLEPIUS , DocMockingbird , cainanunes , Nemesis , Next_rim , GoldGhost012 , imwheelchairbound , sleepy104 , Bull_Kai , Ironraven , zaiorn , Donktor_Jcon , Feyd-Rautha , jamesesdad , Big-Foot , pphhaazzee , tientaarten1 , Achillesftw , Agent_of_Trostani , echospark , AgentCrazyDiamond , Ilusionist1213 , Jspeed , Juicy_Ions , orzhov_moskalski , Monduck , rmredman55 , lorddarkstar , DerektheRed , DudeMan1031 , DoctorMagic|
Riptide Laboratory Discussion
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looks good my friend! Always love a good Talrand deck. I have a few land suggestions for you that I find very useful: Soldevi Excavations - Always useful to be able to scry the top card away before your turn if you need to. Riptide Laboratory - Protection for you commander. Arcane Lighthouse - Remove opponents creatures protection allowing you to target them. Myriad Landscape - Little bit of ramp is always useful and this is perfect for mono-coloured decks.
I realise some of these cards may not be within your budget, however I thought I would suggest them anyway :)
Feel free to check out my deck Talrand and His Minions of Flying Doom if you would like any more ideas!
1 month ago
Despite being mana intensive and a nonbo with High Tide, perhaps Riptide Laboratory could be worth a slot? One could more readily use Naru for value and still buy her back when needed, potential for repeat use of other wizards, and doesn't eat a spell slot making it unobtrusive when not relevant.
Speaking of mana intensive, while i'm loath to suggest a card that might increase your average cmc, Capsize might still be worth considering for it's potential as a pseudo-outlet among its other uses.
2 months ago
Meine gestrigen Änderungen nach deinem ersten Kommentar waren:
Sphinx-Bone Wand finde ich zwar recht stark, aber halt auch echt teuer. Turn 7 und 8 spiel ich das Ding quasi ohne sofortigen Impact. Ich setz es mal ins Maybeboard und behalte es auf dem Schirm. Danke jedenfalls!
2 months ago
bwanabeast5, if Ith has Illusionist's Bracers equipped, you can use all the activated abilities of your creatures infinitely during combat if they attack. Mangara’s ability is weird because it exiles him as part of resolution instead of the cost. So you can infinitely tap him by holding priority after activating his ability each time and unwrapping him with Ith. Then you exile everyone’s permanents and if you have Riptide Laboratory out you can bounce him to your hand and he won’t even be exiled.
3 months ago
There's an idea to put Expedition Map instead of Thought Vessel. Since it appears a pretty nice cycle: Trinket Mage -> Expedition Map -> Academy Ruins -> Expedition Map -> Reliquary Tower -> Expedition Map -> Riptide Laboratory -> other usefull lands using the bundle of Academy Ruins and Expedition Map again. Also after draw Expedition Map I can use Riptide Laboratory to play Trinket Mage again to gain another trinket. Yes, it works at my kitchen.
3 months ago
As for lands that will help your collection you can invest in City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Ash Barrens, Boseiju, Who Shelters All, Cascade Bluffs, Maze of Ith, Myriad Landscape, Reflecting Pool, Riptide Laboratory, and Tarnished Citadel
4 months ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds