|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool for each enchantment you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||the.beanpole , angesoir , nathanrcfell , releasethedogs , Swamy , lorddarkstar , CampbellStev , , rockleemyhero , LaKU , Justinaut|
|Want (24)||bigkahuna360 , CryAll , Mousemke , RedZebra , sonnet666 , http404error , KingMathoro , TheBl0b , jeffffff , adb_slayer , swarlelion , itheoryz , Wiggins , chucklebot , Nemorov88 , neotox , fireborne1986 , Jblade , xpsychovampx , morethanmediocrity , meecht , KevinLS , epic-jargon , brutusq13|
Serra's Sanctum Discussion
4 days ago
Speaking of reserved list didn't realize Serra's Sanctum jumped to $120... glad I bought mine a while ago for $30!
2 weeks ago
Selling some stuff out of my collection, everything should be marked below TCG low as of today. Shipping is $0.50 in PWE at buyer's risk or $3 for tracking and insurance. If you are interested in multiple cards, if it's over $50 I will give a discount. Thanks for looking!
- Gaea's CradleNM - $430
- Gaea's Cradle*NM korean - $475
- Noble Hierarch NM japanese- $95
- Living PlaneLP italian - $118
- DazeNM - $75
- ExplorationNM - $19
- 2 Leovold, Emissary of TrestNM - $35 each
- Hazezon Tamar NM- italian - $145
- Serra's SanctumLP- - $90
- Grim MonolithNM $112
- Dream HallsLP - $18
- Valakut, the Molten PinnacleNM - $18
- Godo, Bandit WarlordNM - $26
- Captain SisayLP german - $21
- Atraxa, Praetors' VoiceNM - $18
- Nekusar, the MindrazerNM - $3
- Debtors' KnellLP - $6
- Phyrexian DevourerLP - $6
- Nicol Bolas, PlaneswalkerLP - $4.50
- Tolaria WestNM - $9
- Chancellor of the AnnexLP - $4
- Hero of BladeholdNM $5
- FlusterstormNM $11
- Show and Tell NM $11
- Aether VialNM $27
- Goblin GuideNM $17
- Back to BasicsLP - $50
- Daybreak CoronetLP - $8
- Yisan, the Wanderer BardNM foil - $7.50
- Kaalia of the VastNM - $16
- Cast DownNM - $2.50
- Hellkite OverlordNM - $7
- Ancient ZigguratLP - $9
2 weeks ago
digbickmcgee: People play Magic for a variety of reasons; I think WBG is a fellow Vorthos. Personally, I'm here for knights, thallids, and magical horses; for the powerful sense of old-fashioned civilization that Magic can often convey (nonbasic lands, Trading Post, Castle, Knighthood, Worship, etc.); and for the few musketeers we've gotten so far -- along with the magical pre-8th-Edition frame and the beautiful look of Mirage block. I'm not going to hold it against anyone for having strong aesthetic preferences of their own, especially not ones that seem to have a little in common with mine.
WBG: Look at the Enchantress deck archetype; also look at tokens and Storm, if you're a little flexible on violence. (The classic finisher for the High Tide variant of Storm decks is Brain Freeze, which is probably not up your alley. Tokens tend to involve fighting with knights, soldiers, and pegasi, under the command of figures like Sidar Kondo of Jamuraa, Radiant, Archangel, and the occasional real-world general like Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon"; I'm perfectly comfortable with this sort of semi-storybook violence, though it sounds like you might not be.)
Try winning the game by generating infinite mana and decking your opponent. Stroke of Genius is the traditional finisher for this, or, again, Brain Freeze in High Tide.
Nacre Talisman, Malachite Talisman, Staff of Domination, Sword of the Paruns, Argothian Elder, Priest of Titania, and Freed from the Real are in-color cards that it's very easy to build infinite-mana engines around. High-mana-output lands are the natural complement for most of these; look at Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Selesnya Sanctuary, Azorius Chancery, and Simic Growth Chamber. (Tolarian Academy, Gaea's Cradle, and Serra's Sanctum -- in order from strongest to weakest -- are the best infinite-mana-engine lands in the game, but they have prices to match. If using any of them nonetheless, look into Stormfront Riders and the Ice Age Talismans.)
Also, there's some white removal I think you could put up with: Swords to Plowshares, Path of Peace (look up the original art), Settle the Wreckage, Pacifism, Cessation. Look into the Circles and Runes of Protection, too.
1 month ago
If the Cradle is there, Serra's Sanctum has to be listed as well
1 month ago
1 month ago
I am also jumping on the JLK Deck Bandwagon and making a derivative Shadowborn Apostle EDH Deck. These are what I am currently looking for for that deck, as well as other decks I have.
I also have a Liliana of the Veil I’d be willing to put towards, or make a trade involving certain cards.
I also can look at binders for stuff I missed. A massive list of potential wants follows, but is in no way everything I want.
BOLD = Regular or Foil, but Foil greatly preferred
Main Project/Top Wants:
2x Phyrexian Altar
2x Athreos, God of Passage
Razaketh, the Foulblooded
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled
Enlightened Tutor (Original Art Preferred)
2x Cabal Stronghold
Westvale Abbey Flip
Demon of Dark Schemes
Harvester of Souls
Phyrexian Arena Original Art preferred but any will be considered
Profane Procession Flip
For other Decks:
Newly Updated Binder Not entirely everything I have, but a lot of highlights.
2 months ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
2 months ago
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I received another offer for my Serra's Sanctum that I've chosen to accept. I'd love to trade in the future, though!