|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool for each enchantment you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||the.beanpole , CampbellStev , angesoir , Azdranax , Dr_Jay , LaKU , Justinaut|
|Want (6)||sonnet666 , TheBl0b , golgarigirl , xpsychovampx , KevinLS , Mousemke|
Serra's Sanctum Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hey all, I'm looking to trade into a Transmute Artifact($96 market). I have a Serra's Sanctum($60 market) or a revised Plateau($75 market) plus filler from my binder. Both cards were purchased from cardkingdom and rated VG, photos/receipts are available.
4 weeks ago
Razulghul Once again i'm not trying to disrespect or speak for other people on this subject of course this is my opinion and we both know there is a divided on this topic. Of course i may of stated cards like the power 9 just as example above. i believe the power 9 should never be reprinted again. period. That is of course do to there power and like you said the protection of these investments. Like i stated above to Boza his list i saw many cards that i think should be reprinted. There are some cards though that i believe should be reprinted because I dont think the investment impact will be that drastic. Of course to buy my Serra's Sanctum I did have to save up. I understand the struggle of buying these cards. I understand the sweat to get these. Maybe not as much as people who buy Mox Diamond. I hope we can end this discussion on a friendly note knowing that we both have a passion for this amazing game.
1 month ago
but as far as colorless activated simic enchantments, i dont think they exist, most draw enchantments cost colored mana or are just free draw like Sylvan Library
but simics strongest asset is creatures rather than enchantments, since it cant run stuff like Serra's Sanctum or Necropotence, so enchantments isnt really going to get you very far outside of kruphix himself
1 month ago
Had another good playtest session, playing in 3 and 4 man pods. I managed to win one of the games with a huge Debt to the Deathless while I had Exquisite Blood in play. The other game I lost was largely due to my opponents doubling up on me. Even by teaming up, they struggled to kill me due to the incredible level of control afforded by having Squirrels Nest tokens to sac to Ashnod's Altar with Dictate of Erebos in play.
I was able to dig through my deck pretty quickly with between one and three Enchantress + Abundance in play. I found the deck to be resilient to board wipes, and also fairly powerful in terms of the variety of removal at my disposal.
The only awkward moments were when I was trying to hit a token generator but couldn't find one, also a few moments when I really wanted Serra's Sanctum to be in play but didn' have it. Considering Crop Rotation and Bitterblossom.
One issue I have noted is that I feel like I could use some sort of life-gain. I often use life as a resource in addition to taking a lot of hits from creature aggro I can get below half my starting life quite fast. Perhaps Authority of the Consuls?
1 month ago
Hey there, so I added Volrath's Stronghold to my binder to see if I could get a Serra's Sanctum out of a trade. So it's not available but I do have a Brimaz, King of Oreskos and Soul's Attendant I could trade from your want list. Would Magus of the Moon and Dovin Baan be a workable trade?
1 month ago
2 months ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.