|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sylvan Library Discussion
7 hours ago
Thanks! Those are all good lands, but right now I'm aiming for Godless Shrine, Breeding Pool, Bloodstained Mire, Wooded Foothills, and the rest of the check lands. I had the fetches and shocks for a bit and had very few mana troubles, but I had to trade them to get Legacy cards.
1 day ago
+1 for Hazezon Tamar any day!
1 day ago
Satyr Enchanter is the new M19 enchantress, and it is really a good choice, I recommend it! +1 on the list, below I will give you some random suggestions!
Journey to Nowhere, Grasp of Fate, Seal Away, Banishing Light, Oblivion Ring, Detention Sphere, Stasis Snare, or Cast Out all ahve ups and downs, but are great at removing a hatepiece while going off, or any real threat on the field!
Cloudstone Curio - Cast an enchantment, bounce another, cycle between two cheap enchantments to draw a ton of cards, great card!
Words of Wind - Cast an enchantment, pay 1, cast trigger to draw off an enchantress, bounce another enchantment, rinse and repeat to bounce every permanent your opponents control, down to their lands!
Excited for the 23rd? A new Commander 2018 Bant Enchantment deck will be spoiled then! a new commander that synergizes with enchantments and doesn't cost 300 dollars like Angus Mackenzie? I hope so!
2 days ago
HobbyGamer007 Thank you for your time and effort, i'll go through every card now.
- Woolly Razorback: I know, I usually had it in here as another Plan B if Arcades gets too much hate but it's proven itself worthless and it will be exchanged.
- Counter: I know they are not the best and I'll replace them with some of you suggestions maybe, also probably Cyclonic Rift and Stifle
- Cultivate will be replaced with Farseek and i can't part with my japanese Skyshroud Claim i pulled in a Battlebond booster while I was in Tokyo. I know it's not the fastest but I also like Lands more than mana dorks because creatures die a lot faster in ouf group.
- Nature's Claim is a great card and it will replace Disenchant
- Don't underestimate Shield Wall and Steadfastness (the other mentioned cards are way worse). Normally I have 5-6 defender on the battlefield with an avg. toughness of 5, that's 25/30 strenght + one of the instants its 35-45 strenght which is normally enough to kill an opponent. Those cards often gave me the 1-2 extra damage I needed to kill.
- Disallow I like it because it gives versatility, but could be replaced with Stifle
- Dispel is very narrow and wasn't very usefull, could also be replaced
- Reality Shift is nice, probably switch Pongify for it
- Dorks: as I said, I don't really like dorks, maybe Noble Hierarch and/or Birds of Paradise will find a slot some day
- Signets are great to get the commander faster, depending on where I want to go with it
- Muddle the Mixture I don't really have any crucial 3 cmc cards in the deck yet
- Mystical Tutor great and could search Tower Defense for example but I don't think it is mach needed yet
- Sylvan Library and Mirri's Guile are very nice I look if I can get my hands one one, but without lifegain I prefer Mirri's Guile
For the lands, they are very good and I mentioned a lot of them under the "Fast Mana Base" tab. But I initially tried to keep the deck on a budget also because I think a lot of people following the deck will do. Nonetheless I increasingly wish for cards like Strip Mine in my deck. So I'll probably add one or two in the future. Also I'd probably add Adarkar Wastes and Brushland.
Thank you again for your suggestions and I'm happy that you took the time to comment on my deck to show me good improvements for my existing cards!
3 days ago
@SynergyBuild: Considering how efficiently this deck runs in my competitive meta and I have won with this deck every single time I brought it to my local store's competition, I find it ridiculous someone would have to purchase those expensive cards to fix their and base. I have ran into no issues. The deck is designed to be a Gitrog deck with its land base making it far more fun and interesting than pulling these multi card combos. I will not be changing the tag simply because as far as this deck and what I can assume is going to be the competitive meta of most local gaming stores, this is very competitive.
I have enough win cons in the deck. I appreciate your suggestions and some will be duly noted but anything that isn't a creature is less likely to be ran purely for that reason. Deathrite Shaman does not work at all in this deck or my meta. All those mana dorks make for dead draw 75% of the time as I tend to get this deck running with only three or four mana at any given time. Sylvan Library is a good call but a lot of that slow draw doesn't work for this deck. It runs heavily on ETB effects. Also I may be missing something but all those combos you mentioned don't look like actual win conditions based on how you explained them. I don't want to run that many cards that are only good for very specific combos (I already feel I have too many of those).
tldr; this is a fun deck that runs very smoothly in the typical paper Magic competitive format I feel most local gaming store level competitions would be at. It has not lost since its conception 6+ months ago. It is not a netdeck cEDH deck, cause its actually fun.
3 days ago
Sure thing. Sorry that took a while:
- Woolly Razorback: too expensive, not good
- Hindering Light: not good
- Remove Soul: not good
- Render Silent: too expensive, hard to cast
- Rewind: you don't wanna leave 4 mana open
- Chromatic Lantern: fixes all your mana, so it will be destroyed right away
- Cultivate: not good
- Skyshroud Claim: too late
- Condemn: not good
- Disenchant: claim is better
- Shield Wall: calculate mana cost/toughness boost. a 2 toughness per mana boost is good, anything wose should just stick or do something(like Call to Glory or Glorious Anthem, and even these are kind of bad.)
- Steadfastness: see shield wall
- Disallow: trickbind is better imho
- Pongify: leaves a 3/3
- Mana Leak: can be useless
- Dispel : very narrow for a deck like yours. I'd prefer Autumn's Veil or Heroic Intervention. adding the latter.
- Reality Shift: exile is awesome
- Noble Hierarch: mana dorks
- Elvish Mystic
- Llanowar Elves
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Arbor Elf
- Birds of Paradise
- Wild Growth
- Selesnya Signet: mana rocks
- Azorius Signet
- Simic Signet
- Mystical Tutor: finds everything
- Nature's Claim
- Echoing Truth
- Muddle the Mixture: finds a lot of really crucial cards and doubles down as an emergency counter
- Sylvan Library: too good not to run, even without paying life, fetches make this great. maybe also consider Mirri's Guile
Mana base(33 is enough at this average cmc):
- Tropical Island
- Arid Mesa
- Flooded Strand
- Marsh Flats
- Misty Rainforest
- Polluted Delta
- Scalding Tarn
- Verdant Catacombs
- Windswept Heath
- Wooded Foothills
- Horizon Canopy
- Reflecting Pool
- Adarkar Wastes
- Yavimaya Coast
- Ancient Tomb
- Nimbus Maze
- Strip Mine: Maze of Ith so you always wanna have one of these four sooner or later during a game.
- Ghost Quarter
- Tectonic Edge
- 3 Forest
- 3 Plains
- 4 Island
That's what I'd do and then playtest it and go tweaking. Hope that helps and also that it wasn't too brutal. For real tweaking please add a list of decks you play against or how a normal game looks like(amount of combo decks, creature decks, control decks per game). You do run lot's of creature spot removal, but I let that in, since you might need it.
3 days ago
Mind If I ask why you don't have a well-tuned landbase (Bayou, all of the fetchlands, Ancient Tomb, Gemstone Caverns), or the best win-conditions (Hermit Druid/Necrotic Ooze), yet have posted this list under the "competitive" tag?
I would really appreciate either dropping the "competitive" tag (to prevent from being a misleading interpretation of competitive EDH) or adding the following:
The fully optimized landbase with Ancient Tomb, Gemstone Caverns, Bayou, all of the useful fetchlands (not just Verdant Catacombs), City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Llanowar Wastes, Gemstone Mine, Tarnished Citadel, etc.
Better Win-Conditions, like Hermit Druid into Bloodghast, Dregscape Zombie into Dread Return a Necrotic Ooze, use Wall of Roots and Blighted Bat to give it haste then use Devoted Druid and Channeler Initiate to make infinite mana and kill with Walking Ballista. A secondary win condition would be using Survival of the Fittest to fetch and discard a Protean Hulk, fetching Apprentice Necromancer, use it to recur and sacrifice the hulk to fetch a Hermit Druid, Deathrite Shaman and Mogis's Marauder. Give haste to the shaman and druid, tap the shaman for to activate the druid and win.
6 days ago
Hi! Came here from FB.
This is very good for a budget deck! You definitely get a +1 from me :)
Some minor suggestions, however: If you want a cheap power boost, there's very little better than O-Naginata. Unless your meta is VERY heavy on artifact destruction, I'd rather have Coalition Relic or Chromatic Lantern over Darksteel Ingot. I do feel you need more sources of draw; Heartwood Storyteller, Sylvan Library, and the new Runic Armasaur can help you keep up with more card-advantage-heavy decks. Heroic Intervention is a great way to protect against board wipes. Beast Within is something I'd run over Chaos Warp, personally. For cuts, I'd recommend against Bounty of the Luxa (takes too long to do anything substantive) and Runechanter's Pike (I don't feel you have enough instants/sorceries to justify it).
Hope this helps! :)