|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , perrin515 , tragic_slip , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , Roadhog , Dr_Jay , MonoRedBomb.Com , xAmphion , LTmiller , ibraJG84 , Lucretian , TheRealPeaches , Poptartz95|
|Want (15)||, CrimsonKing , pskinn01 , xpsychovampx , MindAblaze , twospires , Spinalripper , Auriel , Andre_Whales , jtaddeo , , rakdos24 , brokendwarf , Vasbear1 , sonnet666|
Sylvan Library Discussion
2 days ago
Should probably add at a minimum 5 more lands, preferably 7.
Some other cool Rashmi stuff:
Krosan Grip>Nature's Claim?
Fetchlands can help reset the top of your deck with card like Oracle and Courser of Kruphix
3 days ago
Hey there, solid deck!
you maybe want to take a look at Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar. His ability lets you dig very deep and essentially you get the best of the top 3 if you draw a card. Aswell his cmc is very suitable for animar, as you can cast him for when animar got some counters.
3 days ago
woluc Sure! 1 Phantom Nishoba - for Felidar Sovereign (High cost for what it did, liked the separate win condition of Felidar, plus other good effects) 1 Oreskos Explorer -for Adorned Pouncer (Already a good amount of ramp, dont care for it too much)1 Temur Sabertooth -for Regal Caracal (Regal Caracal duh. :P )1 Rout -for Steelshaper's Gift 1 Nissa's Pilgrimage -for Enlightened Tutor (Enlightened tutor to hunt down sylvan library or descendants' path, both amazing enchantments)1 Condemn -for Swords to Plowshares (Pure upgrade, if not budget go with Path to Exile)1 Dreamstone Hedron -for Scythe of the Wretched (Hedron Archive does close to the same for cheaper, Scythe of the Wretched has an effect I like, but feel free to pick any equipment you like, if not budget, maybe one of the swords?)1 Curse of Vitality -for Descendants' Path (Curse of Vitality-hell no. Descendants' path with only 1 creature type is great. If top card is any creature in your deck- its free)1 Taj-Nar Swordsmith -for Leonin Abunas (I already add more ways to find equipment, so instead why not give my equipment hex proof :/)1 Zendikar Resurgent -for Sylvan Library (Zendikar Resurgent if more expensive than Mirari's Wake for close to the same effect, would rather have Sylvan Library for draw, and when combine with Abundance it allows you to draw 3 without paying life.) If I missed any, let me know, also I'm not done yet, I may make some more changes (Thinking of dropping Skull Clamp for Whispersilk Cloak or Godsend)
5 days ago
I like Sylvan Library main but Im not sure what I would cut. I think I'll put Spell Snare in the board but again unsure on what to take out. My board in general is a bit confusing for me because my meta is a bit inbred and I tried to make this more for a general legacy meta. Definitely would like some help with that as well. anyway thanks for your input!
5 days ago
What I would cut:
- Grasslands, Secluded Steppe, Selesnya Guildgate, Tranquil Expanse, Tranquil Thicket, Grove of the Guardian: I would replace these with 2 of each basic, Gavony Township and either Command Beacon or Mikokoro, Center of the Sea for long-term value and added speed to the deck with less tapped lands.
Sandwurm Convergence: costs too much for what it provides.
Argentum Armor: Seems slow to me. I take your deck to be an aggressive one.
God-Pharaoh's Gift: another card that is good, but is very situational for its cost.
Beastmaster Ascension: seems slow and with a creature count that take to build up, it seems more like a win-more card.
Hour of Promise: only three targets make it seems worth the invest (Cavern of Souls, Westvale Abbey Flip and Path of Ancestry) plus you are running 0 deserts, so you only ever get the 1st part of the card.
Faith's Reward: I would suggest keeping your instants that you wish to respond to an action under 3 CMC. It makes it a lot easier on your deck when comes to being able to play your offensive cards and have mana open for a response to an opponent.
Sylvan Library: one of the best green draw cards in the game. I feel it is worth every penny.
Nature's Claim: Cheap removal that allows you to be very flexible with your turn.
Ghostly Prison: if your truly worried about defending your turf, this is a great deterrent.
Hope all of this help, good luck in your matches in the future! +1
5 days ago
2 Forked Bolt is really weird also I like the Sylvan Library main board but that's just my list also I would cut the one probe and a Spell Pierce for 2 Spell Snare given that it hits a lot of annoying cards in the Death and Taxes match up plus it hits Pyromancers and Goyfs given that there are a lot of them running around right now
1 week ago
Hey! Thanks for your input.
This is actually a French Duel Commander deck, and with 20 life most of those cards aren't as good in my opinion:
- Tireless Tracker is a very good card that I played for a while, but in a super-aggro meta it's removed very easily and does nothing before dying because you don't want to spend your mana on using your Clue tokens.
- I love Sylvan Library with 30 life, but with 20 life you almost never want to draw the extra cards, and the card doesn't accelerate your real strategy enough.
- Lotus Cobra as well stayed for a long time in this deck, and makes for very explosive turns, but it's a 2 CMC with 1 toughness, and it barely ever stayed long enough on the battlefield to work well.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip is too slow as well, for 3 mana I expect at least the land to enter the battlefield right away. Reaching seven lands with it in play is hard too because she dies easily, and even then her planeswalker's abilities are underwhelming if you can't reach her ultimate (and with 20 life the game is over before).
- Oracle of Mul Daya also dies too easily for it's cost. The card advantage is sweet but does not win you the game, since you are supposed to win the turn you reach 6 mana on board.
- Crucible of Worlds really shines in some situations, but those are not frequent enough to justify it in my opinion. I prefer playing Ramunap Excavator even if it dies to more removal, because at least I can tutor for it when the situation is good for it's effect.
I did not play with Carpet of Flowers nor Choke, but with the last ban list update of French Duel Commander, blue is not played enough to warrant them.
Hall of Gemstone doesn't serve me that much, but it's fun to play in multiplayer games.
All these cards are really powerful and may become a consideration if the meta slows down or blue becomes relevant again, but for now I prefer playing cards that offer an immediate advantage.
1 week ago
Hey, nice description and mini primer, +1.
Not playing any card draw is interesting adding Tireless Tracker and Sylvan Library wouldn't hurt your overall strategy too much. Tracker can be pretty busted with all the extra lands that are entering play. Other suggestions of cards that interact with lands are Lotus Cobra, Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip, Oracle of Mul Daya and Crucible of Worlds.