At the beginning of your draw step, you may draw two additional cards. If you do, choose two cards in your hand drawn this turn. For each of those cards, pay 4 life or put the card on top of your library.
|Want (4)||Klaesje , Trollzarro , saltyseabastard , metalmagic|
Printings View all
|Commander Collection: Green (CC1)||Rare|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
|Masters Edition (MED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Sylvan Library Discussion
1 week ago
At first glance here are some recommendations I have that would fit right in: Avenger of Zendikar, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Dockside Extortionist, Parcelbeast, Purphoros, God of the Forge, Risen Reef, Tireless Tracker, Sakashima the Impostor, Spark Double, Wayward Swordtooth, Burgeoning, Sylvan Library, Valakut Exploration, Finale of Devastation, Finale of Revelation, Farseek, Nature's Lore, Amulet of Vigor, Ketria Triome, Raugrin Triome, Oboro, Palace in the Clouds a few bounce lands such as Gruul Turf, Selesnya Sanctuary, Simic Growth Chamber. I also would agree with and multimedia. Fetch lands and shock lands are crucial to have in this build, as well as having the tutors that have been recommended.
I feel like you are very light on draw, so a lot of my recommendations point to that. Mutate Parcelbeast on Scute Swarm with Risen Reef in play = insane draw. Play more land cards are always great to have in landfall decks. I didn’t suggest this, but you could add a sub theme of flicker effects to abuse Omnath, Locus of Creation landfall triggers. Clone cards that can copy Omnath and ignore legendary rule to use as a triggered ability doubler can have overwhelming results.
If I can provide anymore assistance, feel free to let me know. Good luck with your brew!
1 week ago
Thanks for the extensive comment! Yeah, the Sylvan Library is a card that I had in another deck, but didn't really need it there, so I'll try it out with Omnath :) I do have Simic Ascendancy but it's in my Pir/Toothy deck where it works a little better than in here, I think. Risen Reef looks awesome. Definitely going to pick that one up. It's just too bad the fetchlands are so expensive. Stupid Modern format ;) Anyway, thanks again!
2 weeks ago
Hey, good budget version of Omnath. Nice Sylvan Library :)
For around $25 you could make several budget improvements. Some budget staples in Commander for four colors to consider adding:
- Sol Ring: at TCGPlayer it's less than $3.
- Command Tower: it's less than $1.
- Arcane Signet: it's less than $3.
- Exotic Orchard
- Canopy Vista: it's less than $2.
- Cinder Glade: it's less than $1.
- Prairie Stream: it's less than $1.
Some budget cards for landfall to consider adding:
- Zendikar's Roil: repeatable 2/2 Elementals.
- Felidar Retreat: repeatable counters on all creatures you control including Omnath or repeatable 2/2 Cats.
- Risen Reef: can put a land onto the battlefield tapped or any other card into your hand and has good repeatable interaction with Elementals especially Zendikar's Roil and Omnath, Locus of Rage.
- Harrow: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield untapped.
- Springbloom Druid: search for and put two basic lands onto the battlefield tapped.
- Llanowar Scout: can play any land from your hand.
- Knight of the Reliquary: repeatable land tutor to search for any land and put it onto the battlefield.
- Growth Spiral
- Simic Growth Chamber
- Gruul Turf
- Selesnya Sanctuary
- Izzet Boilerworks
Land ramp that puts two lands onto the battlefield at the same time to trigger Omnath twice is helpful. Chamber, Turf, Sanctuary and Boilerworks are called Bounce lands and they can give you more chances to have lands in your hand to play to trigger landfall. They can also bounce themselves back to your hand which gives you at least one land drop each turn for landfall.
Omnath can benefit from some mana sinks to be able to consistently use the four mana he makes:
- Kessig Wolf Run: it's less than $1, repeatable trample and pump Omnath's power.
- Gavony Township: it's less than $1, repeatable counters for all creatures you control.
- Rogue's Passage: make Omnath unblockable to do Commander damage.
- Simic Ascendancy: repeatable counters and can be a win condition with counters only needing 20. Has very good interaction with Felidar Retreat and Gavony Township since these put a counter on each creature you control meaning each creature counts as putting one counter on Ascendancy.
- Wargate: Mystery Booster version is less than $2. Tutor for any permanent card and put it onto the battlefield.
If you're interested in these suggestions I offer more advice about cards to cut. Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Inkmoth is right though, prismatic is better and your meta is less intense than his given your Avg CMC.
2 weeks ago
- Sylvan Library: after reading and rereading Valakut Exploration again and again I am just solidly convinced that in this deck that Valakut Exploration is just better in every way except cost and fixing for mana to play it in early game.
- Avenger of Zendikar: After much thought I just think Scute Swarm just plays a lot better due to it's lower CMC and greater value over time.
- Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip: As a value engine it's underwhelming. It plays to the theme but you're only really upticking Nissa for the +1 on a vulnerable body (planeswalkers usually don't last very long in any multiplayer game).
- Valakut Exploration: Just a better Sylvan Library in this deck, I completely misread this at first thinking that the ability to play was tied to the enchantment being on the battlefield but even if this gets removed you can still play things exiled with it. All around a good card (also sweet art).
- Scute Swarm: The ability to effectively double its number with every landfall is a very enticing prospect. Less explosive than Avenger of Zendikar and you will have to time landfalls to get around summoning sickness (also sweet art).
- Bala Ged Recovery Flip: Graveyard recursion/land, I really want to give this a try as second Eternal Witness that also doubles as a land, not fetchable and can't be tutored with Traverse the Ulvenwald so I don't expect a massive performance bump, but redundancy of such a key effect is always welcome.
- Ancient Tomb: Early game mana, you don't take damage while a Glacial Chasm is out, all in all just a way to get going.
Umming and Erring
- Valakut Awakening Flip: Instant speed hand refresh. Would be much better as a discard effect. Not sure if this is worth it or what it would replace.
- Cragcrown Pathway Flip: When I looked over the land base I just think that since these cards don't have a basic land type, that they're not that good. They're not fetchable and don't add anything new to the deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle: I've wanted to add this back into the deck since Dryad of the Ilysian Grove was printed. It adds the ability to bolt and could be an effective utility land, however there's the issue of figuring out which utility land would be cut to fit it in.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for dropping by! sorry have been preoccupied. Always good to see fellow Zaxara players! Here are my thoughts on some of the cards:
Parallel Lives and Primal Vigor: I love these cards! But I think they fit better on big hydra beatdown type decks. (which are fun in their own!) Because my deck is more so focused on 1 card to finish someone off, the tokens and counters are more of a bonus. Doubling Season is the only one I made an exception for. But definitely these cards could fit in Zaxara.
Thanks for the tips!
2 weeks ago
Well, you seem to have cats covered. Some generic value pieces like Chrome Mox, Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, Smothering Tithe and Sylvan Library will up the power a good bit. Some more interaction cannot hurt either Nature's Claim, Beast Within and Generous Gift are all solid includes.
2 weeks ago
Man! I love this commander and this reminds me of one of my older versions. Cards that may interest you would be Capture of Jingzhou - the virus has made the market so volatile I'm hoping this gets a reprint in commander ledgends. Nature's Will was a house back when I played it; either it ate a counter or allowed us to soft lock opponents and cast our turns spells. Noxious Revival has also allowed me to pull of some dumb plays and can sometimes be a blow out. Personal Tutor can add in some redundancy but definitely needs a reprint. Lastly, Sylvan Library, Mystic Remora, and Kenrith's Transformation have all proven to be heavy hitters :)