|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms (V12)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Cumulative upkeep-Pay 2 life. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
When Glacial Chasm enters the battlefield, sacrifice a land.
Creatures you control can't attack.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||davir , CastleSiege , CampbellStev , abby315 , ironax , Lucretian , Joblaska , silvereh , dplerner , Wolfebladeelite , Gabeph , saj0219 , Archegos , miracle , Skydra2 , releasethedogs , The_Munchkin , rockleemyhero , jkempic , mziter501|
|Want (4)||MouseyWolf , twospires , VoidCaster113 , Kiortio|
Glacial Chasm Discussion
19 hours ago
Thank you for the comment SirSh4ggy i will change the describtion. Entomb is insane in this deck but unfortunately its banned. For cards like jesters cap we have Riftsweeper riftsweeper + Elvish Spirit Guide is also used to make infinite green instant speed wich ill add to the discription later. About expedition map. I played it for the longest time but cut it Just recently for speed. A '3' mana land tutor just seemed kind of expensive for me. While it is i want to put it back in mainly to grab Cavern of Souls to make gitrog uncounterable or a turn 2 Glacial Chasm VS mono Red and other aggo seems dumb.
About other combos. The deck mainly involves Dakmor Salvage and we are in huge trouble of it gets exiled somehow. Out main gameplan at that point is beating the opponent to death with the Giant frog untill we het dakmor back from exile. However our combo is really resilient to 1 use graveyard hate cards since they cant really exile dakmor and stop the combo when we are going off. The only other combo i consider putting in is the Dark Depths + Thespian's Stage combo since it only costs us 1 spell slot since depths cant produce mana. I dont feel like a 20/20 flying indestructible quite gets the job done but i havent tested against midrange and control decks jet. Help nobody plays duel commander in Holland. Anyhow these are my thought. Ill change the describtion soon.
1 week ago
Move Nezahal, Primal Tide to Draw. The draw makes him good more than anything... Like another Sphinx.
Glacial Chasm Count it as a land and take a land out. Downsides: Requires Muldrotha in play; Pricey Fog that requires players to run MLD or recurring land removal to answer; Probably not fun/healthy. Idk... I would play it competively, but you might regret having it in casuals.
Yavimaya Elder I bet you the is going to be annoying and he's 5 mana to run. Muldrotha is going to be under a lot of pressure to get things out when she's alive so he's by himself, really, and blue has good draw... so more baubles imo.
World Shaper If the gimmick isn't fun, out with him.
Ramunap Excavator I think Muldrotha covers both of these and only good if you hit the dinosaur or oracle.
- Perpetual Timepiece > Dreamborn Muse > Frantic Search. I would pick one. Probably the one that is worth and easy to cast with Muldrotha.
- Sultai Charm Versatile, but also conditional. I think we just wheel/loot into the removal we need.
So... we have enough cards that are good when Muldrotha is in play. Lets pretend she's dead (indefinitely)...
- Compulsive Research "Draw 2"
- Dark Bargain "Draw 2, lose 2 life"
- Birthing Pod < Sidisi, Undead Vizier < Final Parting cut two of these. Pod needs you to be creature based and to be built around... I think it interferes too much with the plan and is better with Elves and tokens. The latter two are close. Both want Muldrotha in play, but I think fetching Mimeoplasm or Ooze (or Dark Depths/Hexmage!) with Parting is stronger and less conditional. I love Sidisi though ;(
- Swan Song and/or Pact of Negation Negation is better if you have lots of counterspells or have to storm. If someone can tap your lands, gg. Sub in Voidmage Prodigy (same thing but reusable).
- Vedalken Orrery I don't think its worth when it doesn't interact with Muldrotha. You're running ramp and, again, not a lot of counterspells so you can just leave the mana open and spend it elsewhere instead of dumping into Orrery.
Also consider subbing more enchantment removal just to even the slots.
1 week ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
1 week ago
@Last_Laugh - Eternal Witness seems like a waste if my commander is out. I know it's good in here but not sure if it's better than what I already have in here. What would you remove for it, and how would you primarily use it?
@carpecanum - I keep putting Elephant Grass in and then removing it for other stuff. I just feel like I'd rather cast a different enchantment from my grave since I can only cast 1 per turn. It also doesn't slow down my opponents very much since they usually just pay the and smash face. Glacial Chasm is a great card but since I don't want to keep sac'ing a land each turn I play it, I would just pay the upkeep and that's not something I want to do in this deck. I also am more of an offensive player so it doesn't quite fit my style.
@bradtheimpaler13 - I bought a Kiora, the Crashing Wave for this deck because I thought it was the other one and so I took it outand put the other Kiora in but taking a second look, drawing a card and playing an extra land 2 times for mana doesn't suck so I'll giver her another chance. Thanks!
Don't forget to +1 if you like the deck! I appreciate all your comments and suggestions! Keep 'em coming!
1 week ago
Lotus Vale. And I would at least look at anything with a cumulative upkeep that would normally not be worth playing but if you never have to pay upkeep...
2 weeks ago
VETJasper I love Glacial Chasm, it's a great card just not for this deck. Health is a precious commodity and I try to save mine for card advantage through Sylvan Library. Constant Mists is on the table though, I got a Ramunap Excavator to combo with it just figuring out what to trade out to make it all work. ecmmyers,Bow of Nylea will be finding a home in here, ive just been lazy about it because currently this deck easily tramples over the other decks in my playgroup, but I like making things easier on myself.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
lol I read your post on Advertise your commander too fast it seems, all I read was Primal Surge
Buried Alive also seems like a must.
Sorry for the mix up :)