|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms (V12)||Mythic Rare|
|Masters Edition II (ME2)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Cumulative upkeep-Pay 2 life. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
When Glacial Chasm enters the battlefield, sacrifice a land.
Creatures you control can't attack.
Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||davir , CastleSiege , abby315 , CampbellStev , cooknathan , ironax , Lucretian , Joblaska , silvereh , dplerner , Wolfebladeelite , Gabeph , Archegos , Skydra2 , releasethedogs , The_Munchkin , saj0219 , Randomdeath , rockleemyhero , jkempic , mziter501|
|Want (55)||Supremespeed , Yeashua , insanious , kovellen , pphhaazzee , MouseyWolf , MADMatt7777 , twospires , correcthorsebatterystaple , kungfurabbi , weirdo366 , BringerOfStorms , Xats , jumpercable , EcSamuel , Honey_Mead , mini_tb , Cetriel , filipaco , Oloro_Magic , CryAll , MementoMuffin , flyinglemu , snoopywashere , Lokotor , Kiortio , ostiarius , Erneyyy , TotalSundae , kvfd1719 , gruner , Kogan1911 , Georgez96 , Orbrunner , Wizidross , rerikson , kingness701 , nealcm , ivo2809 , Jspeed , chucklebot , EggsTerminate , THP88 , MakoNazarbayev , RobRiots , Taita , Legendofriver , macros , Undamagedbkpro , bryanmochi , Deiaros , Egag101 , RoninH3RO , Nickcaccese , incarnus|
Glacial Chasm Discussion
1 week ago
Wow, lots of tips Saljen. First of all: Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave some feedback! I think I’ve considered most of your mentions though and ended up not including them due to certain preferences. Lots of cards to respond to, so here goes:
- I used to run Hour of Promise and I like the card. However, I ended up cutting it when other land tutors were printed. I think it was Pir's Whim that has taken its place.
- Constant Mists I also used to run, but I found that I did not run enough cards that synergize with it. I would probably put it back if I ever change the list to be more graveyard-oriented (similar story for Sylvan Safekeeper), or if my meta starts playing more aggro. It is a card I really like though, so I would like to run it again.
- I’m aware of the Abundance Sylvan Library combo, but that situation will occur very rarely (especially as I run no ways to tutor for enchantments). So most of the time Abundance will see play on its own. And as a stand-alone card, I do not think it warrants a spot in the deck. Same story with Prismatic Omen, which only other synergy is it makes Dark Depths and Glacial Chasm tap for mana. These cards are great when they combo, but mediocre when they don’t imo. Gratuitous Violence only works when creatures deal damage, so I don’t see how that helps with valakut…
- Eternal Witness and Skullwinder are indeed great recursion cards! However, I run witness in so many decks already so I wanted to focus on lands in this list for my recursion cards for some variety. I prefer those recursion cards over witness and skullwinder.
- I never really read Realm Seekers well enough it seems :). Will reconsider that card!
- I’ve built this deck to make the lands shine! Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon turn the stars of my deck into mountains… I agree they are great cards for stalling opponents, but it goes against what I want to do with this deck. Also, I tend to steer away from cards that mess with my opponents' lands (already cut Jokulhaups for that reason). That’s also why I’m also not running Vorinclex.
- Yavimaya Hollow is useful, but not necessary in this list I think. I never really considered it for this deck however. So I will do that :)!
- I did not include Realms Uncharted in this list as I’m not focusing on graveyard synergy. But I never considered it in combination with Petrified Field, so maybe that will change things ^.^. However, I do really like the land tutors that are already in the deck.
- Wheel of Fortune is awesome. However, I only have one of them, and I put that one in a Daretti deck, where it is more valuable for the deck strategy. Here I can run other carddraw and not feel bad about it ;). I don’t think it makes a big enough difference here to warrant that price tag.
- T&N I am already considering in this deck, but haven’t decided on it yet :). Insurrection is nice, but does not have any synergy here with the strategy or themes (I do run it in another deck where I think it is more at home).
- I agree Decimate and Gleeful Sabotage are decent removal options, but I prefer the removal pieces I ended up selecting for this list.
- You did see I only run 5 mountains right? I don’t see how Boundless Realms is going to kill all opponents with Valakut unless I have valakut copied a bunch of times and if I have a bunch of other cards in play as well that I don’t run. I actually wrote quite extensively about why I do not run Boundless Realms in my description and I stand by those arguments.
Thanks a lot for dropping by. I will consider realms uncharted, petrified field, yavimaya hollow and realm seekers ;).
1 week ago
Hour of Promise can either grab the full Dark Depths combo, or it can grab Valakut + T-Stage, which gives you a lot of options. It can also pull out any other combination of helpful lands, like Glacial Chasm.
Constant Mists is a way to take advantage of your mass of lands, and can let you stay in the game far longer than you have any right to with this card.
Sylvan Library + Abundance is a pretty sweet little combo that lets you draw 3 cards per turn. Since Abundance "draw" triggers don't actually draw, but rather place the cards in your hand, as long as you trigger Abundance on all three Library triggers, you get to draw 3 cards. Both cards are obviously pretty good on their own too.
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is just a stupidly awesome power-house. Not only does he double your mana, but he shuts down your opponents plays for as long as he's in play.
Realm Seekers often comes down with 15+ +1/+1 counters and can single-handedly set up any land combo you want.
Magus of the Moon and Blood Moon are great for stalling out opponents. They have the side effect of turning off Valakut though. I run them in my R/G Borborygmos deck and they pay off more often than they mess you up.
Sylvan Safekeeper can help you keep your permanents safe while throwing lands in the yard for later use.
The main reason to run Boundless Realms is as a win-con once Valakut is in play. It can often give you enough bolts to take out all of your opponents.
2 weeks ago
This is the most creatures I’ve seen in one of her builds, and it’s glorious. Maybe her creature protection could use a bolster? Sylvan Safekeeper or Siren Stormtamer or Spellskite are low CMC, and can help keep Muldrotha out for much longer. If you felt the need, you could improve your creature selection with Survival of the Fittest,Fauna Shaman, or Evolutionary Leap. While we’re talking about creatures, you run 46 creatures and no Craterhoof Behemoth? Blasphemy.
2 weeks ago
Thank you for referring me to this great list! Does having 17 non-permanent spells ever clash with Muldrotha’s ability, in your experience running the deck? I really like the inclusion of Spellskite. Helps protect your General from being targeted while also being an artifact/creature. Spore Frog and Elephant Grass seem like they’d be good in your deck for stalling/Control purposes. Can’t say that without mentioning Glacial Chasm. Holds down a board for days. Finally, try Scapeshift out. It has swung games hugely in my favor, with the help of Tatyova, Benthic Druid and Titania, Protector of Argoth. Wonderful work, thanks again
3 weeks ago
Since politics is not your thing and you are open to options how about full on pillow fort?
It needs a secondary strategy to back it up but it makes you difficult to go after. My Divine Decree is a good example. I can't say that you want to copy the 'bleed' portion of the deck as that gets me targeted every game but the pillows allow me to keep having fun even when the whole table turns on me.
Get something like Ajani Steadfast's emblem active and combat becomes a laughing matter. Glacial Chasm just stops all the damage so even Fireball does nothing. Of course the ultimate pillow is Gideon of the Trials emblem...
Another option is to suggest your group does team games instead of free-for-all. with 4 players you can do 2 headed giant, 5 players you can do secret partners, and 6 players you can do emperor.
3 weeks ago
I've always been a fan of Solemnity in Stax and/or Pillow Fort decks with Glacial Chasm, because you will never have to put age counters on Chasm and never take damage again. You kinda get a similar thing going with Phyrexian Unlife, so just some things to consider.
3 weeks ago
I built this....A slightly less expensive version (cut like 2 lands)...I won with this the first time I played with it. Glacial Chasm...Thespian's Stage as a copy of Glacial Chasm when it got expensive.....This is wonderful. Just wonderful. I managed to flip like 85 lands from my library one at a time. My opponents nearly flipped their shit...Just wonderful. Thumbs up.
1 month ago
2 Gift Swap
each player chooses a permanent. the player to your left gains control of it. repeat for the player to your right. all mana paid for the abilities of the swapped cards may be paid with mana of any color