|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Authority of the Consuls
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control, you gain 1 life.
|Have (5)||, Daddy1ong1egs13 , , Vasbear1 , metalmagic|
|Want (10)||Nashiner , cedi77 , WryAssassin501 , Wulff , MetricCandy , madman-from-space , Guy_Sensei , Morningstar42 , CardCarrier , Zarathustra77|
Authority of the Consuls Discussion
3 days ago
I would try to add some more red cards personally to have a more even mana spread as you don't want to ever be locked out of any cards unless you want to only splash red (although red has lots of good cards such as seen below)
THE WITTLE - Purphoros, God of the Forge
5 days ago
What types of decks do you usually play against? Knowing that will help people give advice. For some general tips, I would cut all of the "standard" cards that you're playing right now because most all of them are too slow, not powerful enough for modern, or have better versions of the card available: 1 Dusk / Dawn , 2 Fumigate , 1 Ironwright's Cleansing , 2 Never / Return , 1 Decommission , 2 Gideon's Reproach . I would also cut the 4 Authority of the Consuls , but they could be reasonable depending on what you play against. In their place, you should play some of the Modern "Staples" as they'll help increase the competitivity of your deck (look up modern staples if you don't know what I'm talking about). In your colors, Path to Exile is the most important considering the current meta. 1-mana discard spells such as Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize are played in virtually every deck that plays black; they'll give you an edge against control and combo and are still very useful vs aggro and midrange. The downside of those staples is that they cost a lot of money. If that's a trouble for you, I can suggest some other cards that are at least semi-competitive, though again it would help to know what you play against.
If you really like gaining life, take a look at a Martyr Proc deck (example: Martyr Proc). Martyr of Sands can gain you huge amounts of life starting turn 2, and it works quite well with Squadron Hawk . It's easy enough to slot in a few Gideon of the Trials and Brisela/Bruna in place of some other cards, and it gains a heck ton more life than the deck you're playing now does.
Another way you could take the deck is a B Devotion deck to make use of Gray Merchant of Asphodel . That deck has cards like Vampire Nighthawk , Gifted Aetherborn (which you already have), and Gatekeeper of Malakir . It could make casting Gideons and Brisela/Bruna harder though.
5 days ago
1 week ago
Sadly Stax it's a very unfriendly way to play, but isn't mean that it's not viable to be used in a playgroup, if a Deck it's full focused to Stax it should be considered to a "change" in a group that it's focused into play fun and interactives matches, i don't think there's a "List of banned Stax Cards" but i know some cards that are not that oppresive and others that are very f* annoying cards like: Blind Obedience or Authority of the Consuls even for full creatures decks just slowthem down but not at the point to can't play the cards
But refeer to this list to analyze with your group: [LIST] EDH STAX Cards
1 week ago
Also include your commander when making a deck list I can only assume it is probably Gishath.
2 weeks ago
Mot much for me to add. Every card I thought xhould be in here already is.
A few minor quibbles though.
Maybe Open the Vaults ?
2 weeks ago
Greater Auramancy , Dictate of Erebos , Athreos, God of Passage , Erebos, God of the Dead , Authority of the Consuls , Polluted Bonds , Sphere of Safety , Aura of Silence , Lightmine Field , Solemn Simulacrum , Kambal, Consul of Allocation , Mindcrank , Aetherflux Reservoir
3 weeks ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
Authority of the Consuls occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%
W/B (Orzhov): 0.61%