|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
Whenever a Sliver deals combat damage to a player, its controller may put a 1/1 colorless Sliver creature token into play.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||Thunderbeard , Royal_Windsor , ibraJG84 , xpsychovampx , zachi , Psycheretic , Mousemke , Spinalripper , GoldGhost012 , Riku580 , mziter501 , Mortiferus_Rosa , BlueMageBrandon , xXThormentXx|
Brood Sliver Discussion
1 week ago
Also, some important cards for your five color deck would be some five color lands like Unclaimed Territory/Cavern of Souls or Gemstone Mine/Tendo Ice Bridge/Aether Hub. That way you dont have to dilute your deck with Chromatic Lantern or Gift of Paradise and you can just run more creatures or all 4 Collected Company
ZeroKotaha on Sliver
2 weeks ago
Brood Sliver I would recommend removing because it is too slow for aggro. Dementia Sliver This card is a little more toward late game and if your aggro it wouldn't be the best include. Frenetic Sliver Can possibly removed if you feel like it, but can be kept in just for some fun. That was just a few things I saw I didn't have much time looking through all the cards.
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the feedback, multimedia! In fact, I had already made a couple of inclusions in the deck but forgot to update it prior to deckcycling it. The edits have now been made, and yes, I included Cryptolith Rite and also added Horned Sliver, having taken out a few other slivers. I will consider expanding lands too; despite having good ramp, I do often find myself stuck with 5-7 lands most of the game.
Another thing I want to maintain is a fully permanents deck, with Primal Surge being the only non-permanent, meaning guaranteed a complete deck vomit wincon. But yeah, I wish I had boardwipes. haha
Root Sliver and Brood Sliver used to be in the deck but got sided since they rarely proved relevant, the former mostly because my group relies more on wiping than counters, but yes, I was considering putting it back in.
I will also throw in the Tri lands instead of the vivids and playtest a bit. Thanks to the number of any-color lands, rocks, and mana fixing with Manaweft, Gemhide, and Cryptolith, I use a vivid counter about 40% of games, and both in a single land about 5%. Ultimately, shock/fetch/fix lands are better, yes, but I'm hesitant about dropping $10 per land. lol
Again, thank you very much for your feedback! If you have any followup comments, feel free to drop them!
3 weeks ago
Hey, I suggest cutting a few Slivers, 46 is a lot, for some staple Commander removal and creature tutors that help you to find the important Slivers: Gemhide, Heart, Crystalline and Hivelord before you get Overlord into play.
You could cut 12 or more of the less good Slivers and be fine since Overlord is a Silver tutor then you don't have to focus as much having a huge number of Silvers you can instead play the best Slivers because you can tutor for them.
Consider adding these cards:
- Worldly Tutor
- Eladamri's Call
- Cyclonic Rift
- Anguished Unmaking
- Swords to Plowshares
- Beast Within
- Supreme Verdict
- Distant Melody
- Cryptolith Rite
33 total lands is on the low side for a budget five color manabase. This amount of land would be fine with the Fetch land/Shock land interaction because this gives you plenty of mana fixing, but you're not playing these lands. I suggest 38 total lands, few more Basic lands and replacing the Vivid lands with Tri lands. Tri lands also ETB tapped, but once they untap they can be used for the rest of the game to make one color of three colors to choose from. Vivid lands only give you two turns of any color.
Less good Slivers to consider cutting:
- Belligerent Sliver
- Cautery Sliver
- Constricting Sliver
- Darkheart Sliver
- Hunter Sliver
- Psionic Sliver
- Quilled Sliver
- Sidewinder Sliver
- Spined Sliver
- Opaline Sliver
- Magma Sliver
- Talon Sliver
A couple of Slivers that have good abilities who I don't see here:
Patriarch's Bidding although not low budget is great to get back all Slivers from the graveyard reanimating them, putting them directly into play. Aphetto Dredging is another option to get back multiple Slivers from the graveyard and put them into your hand. Living Death is another strong card to reanimate Silvers.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Brood Sliver and Sliver Queen are both good options for token generation, especially since Heartstone and any haste sliver makes your sliver army grow fast when slivers make mana. Sliver Overlord and Amoeboid Changeling give another option: plunder their unblockables out from under their noses.
2 months ago
Harmonic Sliver to eliminate those pesky pillow forts and mana rocks
Fury Sliver to pound their faces into oblivion and double any triggers that you have upon damage
Toxin Sliver to discourage blockers
There's a lot of options in a sliver deck, good luck :)
on Sliver Rush
4 months ago
5 months ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)