|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land — Island Swamp
(: Gain or .)
As Watery Grave enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Watery Grave enters the battlefield tapped.
|Have (6)||rockleemyhero , , CampbellStev , lizardwarrior , Pumpkinking913 , Mortiferus_Rosa|
|Want (24)||fabioacki , Jubilation , Milkey , mikegioia , thatgolgariguy , FateDecider , redsky87 , Podows , vigorelli , mrpants , Karmaturtle , personwhoplays , anutz404 , TheJoe743 , Ellana , LynxOnAcid , Poognaka , Vaerenth , piytuman , yewminyst81 , Noximeus , DemonicSatyr , Lander271 , Rasmus|
Watery Grave Discussion
3 days ago
Looks like a fun list but it might be tough playing your instants when you want because all your dual lands etb tapped. If you’re able to save up and invest in the deck, a play set of Watery Grave and Drowned Catacomb could really help you out. Also, I agree with the above post that a 1 or 2 or Tasigur at most is good and then making space for Gurkha angler would be better. Another problem, getting him out fast enough will be tough considering we don’t have a lot of fetch lands in pioneer.
2 weeks ago
- ok So i have a UW version I can share with you Trap Mill
- The UB version is probably better Here is what I would do: 4x Hedron Crab (fetchlands make it to good) and probably 4x Manic Scribe That is it for creatures other than maybe Snapcaster Mage (archeive trap has an alternitive cost so you may pay 0 mana to flash it back).
- 4x Archive Trap Glimpse the Unthinkable Visions of Beyond , 3x Surgical Extraction (Modern loves its graveyard) Fatal Push (every deck needs removal and this helps so much), 1x Crypt Incursion life is nice, and its graveyard hate at instant speed.
- Mesmeric Orb it is symmetric but things in your graveyard isnt the worst. Ensnaring Bridge stops people from attacking you which is amazing
- Search for Azcanta Flip also really helps and flips easy which lets you filter, dont run more than 2
- Field of Ruin helps you its also forced search!
- 6 fetchlands, 2 Watery Grave , 3x Shelldock Isle , 3 basics (more islands), 3x Darkslick Shores
- Other tempting adds: Mission Briefing Murderous Cut Collective Brutality
- I also like Scheming Symmetry
1 month ago
Trying to accommodate so many mechanics in a deck can be a hindrance. In my opinion, mill is pretty weak in multiplayer EDH because there are a ton of cards that can recover cards from the yard or just shuffle back in. On top of that, most mill cards only target one player. If I were you I would tune the deck to be mostly mill or take out most of the mill cards aside from maybe Undead Alchemist . If you want to go into mill, it is a go big or don't go at all kind of thing. If you want to go mill you should add cards like Mindcrank , Mind Funeral , Sire of Stagnation , Jace, Memory Adept , Nephalia Drownyard , Duskmantle, House of Shadow , and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur as well as cards that can copy spells on the stack as to target multiple players similar to Naru Meha, Master Wizard , Echo Mage , and Meletis Charlatan .
I'm also not a big fan of Doubling Cube in this deck as I don't see it being very useful most of the time. I think it could be replaced by a better mana rock or mana multiplier like Chromatic Lantern , Thran Dynamo , Caged Sun , Gauntlet of Power or just a different card all together if mana isn't usually an issue. The same goes for Fabricate . It is definitely a good card, but you do not have enough targets to justify running it to me. I would run Diabolic Tutor over it as it only costs 1 more mana and can tutor for anything. I don't see a lot of recursion to be running Entomb . If you are just trying to thin your deck then run Buried Alive , though, again, none of your creatures benefit from sitting in your graveyard and you only a couple of ways to get them back out.
The land base looks pretty solid. I would suggest you try to pick up a Watery Grave .
Not sure how you or your play group feel about infinite combos, but adding Triskelion to the deck along side the Mikaeus, the Unhallowed you have is infinite damage to everyone provided no one has a way to interrupt it.
If running all these mechanics are fun for you then keep it as is; I'm not trying to tell you how to have fun. My suggestion to you is that you try to focus your deck to do only a few things because when you run all these mechanics you spread yourself pretty thin and maybe you are trying to get a bunch of zombies and you draw something you don't need as it is for a different mechanic. Running multiple cards that do the same thing is very advantageous in EDH for consistency. An example is if you want to run Animate Dead , you should also run Dance of the Dead and Necromancy . They do the same thing and increase your chance of getting a card that has that effect.
If you want, you can check out my UB Zombie deck, Zombies for days. It creates and recycles zombies. It might give you some ideas. There are also a lot of other decks you can find on this site or can google and take inspiration from.
1 month ago
As an extreme budget player, I understand not having the money for Watery Grave , but if you can you should put those in. They are islands/swamps and you can shock yourself to keep them untapped.
I would recommend taking out Eye Collector and Blood for Bones (which don't seem to be doing much for you on paper) in exchange for either some 2-3 CMC high power creatures, or some more counterspells or even Revenge of Ravens for help against aggro/go-wide strats. And probably a fourth Lochmere Serpent , since your gameplan seems to revolve around him.
1 month ago
Alright. After looking through, I have a few ideas. 1. Instead of stealing other’s artifacts for 4+ mana, perhaps running things like Abrade , Artifact Possession , Copy Artifact , or Bedevil to either create copies of other’s artifacts, or destroy them with more options than what you currently have.
- Mana fixing Drowned Catacomb , Dragonskull Summit , Watery Grave , Command Tower , Arcane Signet , Grixis Obelisk, and Grixis Panorama would all help in your ability to cast Bolas on curve.
- Holding off the other players.
- Creatures. Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp , Wall of Stone , Norritt , Chainwhip Cyclops , and Vraska's Finisher are all bad cards. I suggest cards like Nicol Bolas, the Ravager Flip, Sheoldred, Whispering One , Notion Thief , Archfiend of Depravity , and Massacre Girl could be more beneficial than the current ones you have.
1 month ago
Ok, let's go THCue!
As far as lands go, I completely agree with you. One of my (very) long term plans is to replace all slow lands with more efficient duals. I guess it'll happen over time, otherwise I'll just put in some basics instead. My main concern is that "good" duals like Watery Grave , Morphic Pool etc. are very pricy and I don't think they'll go down any time soon.
- I have a Crawlspace in my binder, I might as well try it myself. I wanted to stray from pillowforting, but it's a bit of a necessity in deck's like these after all.
- Mask of Avacyn is good protection, but doesn't grant haste. Actually, only Swiftfoot Boots and Lightning Greaves do such double function and I'm happy with them, as of now.
- Mind Grind is very powerful, but needs a lot of mana to be useful, something I'm sometimes struggling to get to. I have it in the binder, I might try it again sometime.
- Ritual of Soot is a good selective wrath, but I feel like it might not impact the board enough to be really useful, at least in my meta.
- Regarding the fact of having tapped creatures, I must tell you that it's not a problem actually. When a creature is not affected by summoning sickness anymore, you can tap it for Phenax's ability. This doesn't mean that you have to do it right away. I usually keep the creature/s untapped for the whole rotation and tap them to mill only in response at my last opponent's end step (right before the start of my next turn). This means they stay untapped for the whole rotation!
1 month ago
Extended Update. I hope this helps And I love hearing what you think, if you hate the card let me know we are all here to brew and make it great right.
Barren Moor Tapped....
Lonely Sandbar Tapped...
Reliquary Tower Not really Needed..
Temple of Deceit Tapped but... not sold on it.. Might put it in again who knows only land on the list that I simi-like
Terramorphic Expanse Bleh I hate comes in Tapped...
Evolving Wilds Bleh I hate comes in Tapped...
Field of Ruin Land Removal Just in case!
Exotic Orchard Poor mans Commander
Prismatic Vista Why not and it's fast!
Crawlspace More Protection Our guys are going to be tapped alot we don't DMG we MILL
Mask of Avacyn More Protection
Mind Grind To good to toss away
Ritual of Soot Ours are mostly high costing
2 months ago
Nice idea, I love Dimir!
Watery Grave occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.19%
UB (Dimir): 3.02%
WUB (Esper): 1.74%
UBR (Grixis): 1.69%
BUG (Sultai): 1.92%
All decks: 0.58%
UB (Dimir): 51.83%
All decks: 0.35%
All decks: 0.89%