Land — Island Swamp
(: Add or to your mana pool.)
As Watery Grave enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Watery Grave enters the battlefield tapped.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Mousemke , ibraJG84 , jrschnoebelen , DevoidMage , ironax , thetechzombie , TheRealPeaches , NostalgicAce , perrin515 , Nemesis , warcry02 , tragic_slip , Hootiequack , Zomgasa , RubyStrings , ChrisH , Poptartz95 , rockleemyhero , KillDatBUG , tclaw12 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (26)||KB2187 , goodair , , CampbellStev , DHermos , bradyofportdetroit , Ashy , IsaacX28 , Tiddilywinkus , Kiortio , failurechild88 , Ariumlegion , pskinn01 , Venser_the_Sojoner , xpsychovampx , Spinalripper , BlueMageBrandon , saj0219 , acbooster , sirbar , accioali , miracle , knto , firemind12 , brokendwarf , Nightdragon779|
Watery Grave Discussion
1 day ago
Well, I counted nine targets for fetchlands:
But to be honest, I can only recall a couple of games in which all the fetchlands were used.
I also had a lot of games in which Chromatic Lantern was on the battlefield. So all the lands (including fetchlands) were helpful.
1 week ago
If we're upgrading the land package soon, here's what we gonna do. Firstly, shocklands will be important, but you can start with prioritizing red and black ones. Blood Crypt, Steam Vents, Sacred Foundry, Stomping Ground, Watery Grave, Godless Shrine, Overgrown Tomb... Then you can pick up Hallowed Fountain, Temple Garden, and Breeding Pool later. You'll also want to consider dropping the guildgates/Maze's End. From here, the Khans fetchlands will be worthy of inclusion: Wooded Foothills, Bloodstained Mire, Polluted Delta, Flooded Strand, and Windswept Heath. These are the cheaper fetchlands. Sidenote: Cascading Cataracts, Cavern of Souls... They're probably good inclusions. This will be a start for your mana base.
The transformation from Scion to Ur will also lessen the power of the following dragons: Dragon Mage, Dragon Tyrant, Nicol Bolas, Quicksilver Dragon, Scourge of Kher Ridges, Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon.
From here, you can try out Keiga, the Tide Star, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Thundermaw Hellkite, maybe Scourge of Valkas, Deathbringer Regent, Destructor Dragon, Dragonlord Silumgar, Glorybringer, Ojutai, Soul of Winter, Thunderbreak Regent... Those are just a start. Lots of potential there. Also, Crucible of Fire, Dragonspeaker Shaman, Dragonstorm lol, Dragonlord's Servant...
1 week ago
in Watery Grave
Silas still should be tested, but Reanimate is more interesting to test.
1 week ago
So you should focus on mill the opponent. Glimpse the Unthinkable Mind Funeral and Thought Scour are 4 ofs Jace, Memory Adept is ways too slow. Crypt Incursion should be a sideboard card also Damnation is questionable in maindeck, but if you want to go to midrange it is an option but i would play it as 2 of.
Also you could consider playing Breaking and other spells like Archive Trap and such to make it more consistent your main goal is to win because he has no cards in library you wont win with a majority of cards for control.
You could consider to splash in white if you got the money for the lands to play Path to Exile to have pretty good removal or to activate your archive trap, for that reason you should also consider to play some Ghost Quarter.
I hope its not too confusing and its quite clear why i made those suggestions. If not ask me. I hope it helps to make it more stable.
1 week ago
I suggest trading out Nature's Lore for Farseek, if you can cast either spell you've already got green and this lets you nab Watery Grave. Beacon of Unrest is a reusable Rise from the Grave. I wasn't aware you wanted clone effects but here are some good ones in your colors; Altered Ego, Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, Quicksilver Gargantuan, Sakashima the Impostor, Gigantoplasm, and Stunt Double.
1 week ago
Hey guys, I'm selling out of paper because I only play online. I'll provide free shipping in a toploader/PWE or tracked bubble mailer for orders over $40, or add $3.
All cards are from the set listed and are NM unless listed otherwise. These cards can also be found in my binder. Pics available upon request.
I will also be willing to lower the price further for buying whole playsets/multiple cards, so make an offer! Paypal only.
Anyways, here is what I have -
1x Boseiju, Who Shelters All - $14
4x Flooded Strand - $21.25ea
5x Flooded Strand - $12.25ea
4x Polluted Delta - $27ea
2x Polluted Delta - 15.75ea
5x Wooded Foothills $14.5ea
4x Windswept Heath $10.5ea
2x Marsh Flats $26.25ea
3x Hallowed Fountain $12ea
3x Watery Grave - $12ea
1x Steam Vents - $13
2x Steam Vents LP - 11.5ea
2x Temple Garden - $11ea
2x Sacred Foundry LP - $11.5ea
2x Overgrown Tomb $10.75ea
1x Blood Crypt - $10.75
1x Breeding Pool - $15
1x Godless Shrine $10.75
1x Stomping Ground - $14.25
4x Gemstone Mine - $5.75ea
4x Darkslick Shores $9.25ea
1x Mystic Gate - $16.5
1x Sunken Ruins - $13.75
1x Twilight Mire - $27.5
1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth - $12
4x Tectonic Edge - $4/playset
8x Serum Visions - $8/playset
4x Ancestral Vision - $46.5ea
4x Path to Exile - $7.5ea
4x Angel's Grace - $5.75ea
4x Preordain - $5/playset
4x Sleight of Hand - $6.5ea
4x Spell Snare - $6ea
4x Inquisition of Kozilek - $5.25ea
4x Fatal Push - $7.25ea
4x Lightning Bolt - $7.75/playset
1x Surgical Extraction - $17.5ea
3x Spoils of the Vault - $10/set
2x Slaughter Pact - $6ea
1x Slaughter Pact LP - $5
4x Stoneforge Mystic $13ea
4x Wall of Omens - $5/playset
4x Snapcaster Mage - $38ea
2x Rest in Peace - $6ea
2x Stony Silence - $5ea
1x Life from the Loam - $16
1x Spellskite - $14.75
4x Phyrexian Unlife 7/playset
4x Simian Spirit Guide - $6.5ea
2x Vendilion Clique - $24.5ea
1x Crucible of Worlds - $52
4x Supreme Verdict 4.75ea
4x Cryptic Command - $26.5ea
2x Jace, Architect of Thought - $4/set
1x Damnation - $30
1x Damnation LP - $28
1x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - $12.5
1x Huntmaster of the Fells - $8
2x Baneslayer Angel - $6ea
1x Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - $10.5
1x Tooth and Nail - $14.75
2 weeks ago
Hey, bro, whaddup?
Well, let's get this sorted out: your deck need some improvement. You're on the right track, and Modern has never ever been control-friendly as it is right now, even though we're living in a Death's Shadow spree. But the point of playing control is having fast answers to trouble, and your list seems a bit too slow. I don't know how is your budget for this deck, so, for every suggestion I'll bring along a budget option too.
- The most common decks in modern run at most 3 colors. If you wanna run 4 colors, you need a slightly better mana-base. Fetchlands like Flooded Strand and Windswept Heath, along with shocklands (Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain, Breeding Pool, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave and Overgrown Tomb are your colors) will bring you the manafixing you need. You gonna lose some life, but trust me, it's worth it. Budget: you might consider running some Botanical Sanctum, Blooming Marsh and Concealed Courtyard too. They were printed in Kaladesh, so they still a bit 'cheap'. Amonkhet brought a set of fetchable lands too, so you might run Irrigated Farmland, Fetid Pools or Scattered Groves with the Khans of Tarkir fetchlands and this may also work.
- Your removal spells are soooo expensive. I mean, you're running 3 copies of a 2-mana sorcery-speed removal. That's hardly ever useful. When I saw you were running Witch-Maw colors I was expecting some Abrupt Decay, Path to Exile and Fatal Push. These are some of the best removal spells of all time, and they're all available for . Nonetheless, they're also very good with Snapcaster Mage. And about Hero's Downfall, well... it's a cool card, but I wouldn't run 4 copies. Budget: Even for cheaper options we have awesome cards like Condemn, Vendetta, Murderous Cut, Victim of Night, Mortify and Putrefy. (Ok, these last two aren't sooo great, but at least they're instants and can handle some paralel trouble.)
- Your choices for counterspells are very connected to the fact you run a removal-heavy deck, so you don't really need to counter creature spells. That's ok. But Dissolve is a card that rarely ever saves a game due to its mana cost. It's double blue for some small advantage. I'd recommend going for Remand or even Logic Knot. If you reeeeally like blue stuff (like me), you might even try to fit Cryptic Command in, but I don't recommend it in a 4-color. Budget: Rune Snag, Mana Leak are very competitive options too.
- Finishers: Well, every deck needs to win some way. I really love AEtherling, this card is sooo awesome, but as I said on Jwillette72's deck Don't wake horror! (Sung like Don't Wake Daddy) once: he's far too slow for modern. By the time you drop him, you will (very likely) be nearly dead already and he won't save you. For a 6-drop I really like Elspeth, Sun's Champion. She is such a power-house. For similar reasons, I have my concerns about Desecration Demon. Sure, he's one of the fattest creatures you'll drop for 4 mana, but he is very susceptible to your opponents actions. I mean, if you're playing against someone with Lingering Souls on their deck, you're very likely to never attack with him. (by the way, you could use some of this card here too) Also, he is very easily handled by Path to Exile and Fatal Push. For a quick beatdown, I'd probaly go for Tasigur, the Golden Fang and/or Geist of Saint Traft. These are awesome finishers, and a little harder to deal with than the Demon and the Aether Guy. Budget: Gurmag Angler does the Tasigur job very good too. Blood Baron of Vizkopa is also a good option. Aaaand, four copies of Lingering Souls with Zealous Persecution can be a solid strategy too, trust me.
- I imagine you're trying to do a sort of boardlock with Blind Obedience, but Authority of the Consuls does exactly the same thing for even less mana. You lose the Exort ability, but if you keep paying this, you might end up tapped-out and that is not what a control deck wants. But keep the Detention Spheres, this card rules.
Anyhow, I really like your deck and support what you're scheming here. If you want more tips, feel free to ask.