|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Seal of Primordium
Sacrifice Seal of Primordium: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Seal of Primordium Discussion
3 weeks ago
True, still Reclamation Sage < Qasali Pridemage - since it can only cause problems (IF resolves) after the angel is on the field.
That is a pretty big if considering that the deck is built to counter such threats - and Glorious End doesn't care for Boseiju, Who Shelters All or Cavern of Souls.
However removing stuff like Liliana of the Veil, or Seal of Primordium is a real trouble for U/R decks.
So i am just inquiring about stuff that could get me in real trouble like lilana, at 3 cmc cost - if its not a simple hate card, but something that warps the game if left on the field then i would like to hear about it even more.
3 weeks ago
Pithing Needle name relic
Seal of Primordium only thing else i can think of
3 weeks ago
Thanks for the comment and upvote, OriginLeon!
As for your suggestions:
- While it's absolutely true that I don't have a lot of noncreature removal, I do have 3 Stony Silence in my sideboard, which is often enough to provide me with a significant advantage against artifact-based decks. I find that decks that rely on enchantments to win are few and far between, so I haven't found a need to add specific removal (such as Seal of Primordium) against them.
- Assault Formation is undeniably a good card with Courser of Kruphix and Nyx-Fleece Ram, but there's only 2 Coursers in my maindeck, and only 2 Rams in my sideboard, so I don't know how much that would actually accomplish. I might consider it as a 1-of, but I dunno.
- Bower Passage is another interesting card, but it feels a little win-more to me. I aim to win by swinging for 20+ power in the air all at once, and in the few situations in which I'd really need Bower Passage, I can usually just wait another turn. It would absolutely be worth considering if Lingering Souls becomes a major part of my meta, but right now, it's not.
As for your deck, it looks a lot like SaffronOlive's Zur-an deck; is that where you got the idea from? I'll be sure to take a closer look and give you some suggestions within the next few hours or so!
3 weeks ago
I see only two non-creature removal i wonder if that's enough. Maybe you could run 1 or two Seal of Primordium.
If you are using creatures like Courser of Kruphix and Nyx-Fleece Ram maybe Assault Formation could be nice too. Especially since you produce so much mana you could even pump all your angels and creatures late game for 3.
Don't know how common flyers are in you meta, but if they are, you could consider Bower Passage in the sideboard so your angels become ublockable.
I'm just finishing a build of a sub-themed enchantment deck myself, but that works a lot different than yours lol. Please check it out, give me your suggestions and thoughts and +1 if you like the idea: ??ZURS' Enchanted Woods ??!!
1 month ago
Welcome to Modern! Please take all these comments with healthy skepticism, as I have no idea what your meta is like nor your personal playstyle. :-)
First, I know you asked about sideboard, but I wanted to mention ...
- You might consider Cathedral of War. I'm not sure what the right number is, so I'd start testing at 4x and work down from there if you can't stand it.
- Vines of Vastwood is amazing, and I rec' running 4x (instead of a split with Blossoming Defense). Also, in case you're not aware: Because of the way the card is worded, it's actually better than hexproof ... you can use it on your opponent's creatures, to prevent them from targeting their own dudes with pump spells and various abilities (like Equip, Modular, and Crew).
- Though Groundswell is great is a 2-color deck (because of the Fetchlands), I personally think it's kind of meh in a Mono-G deck. If you haven't already done so, you might try testing 2x Groundswell and 2x Giant Growth and just see which you prefer. You could also try it with an extra land or two.
On sideboard, I try to always consider the following areas:
- Extra Protection: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider some extra Vines of Vastwood, Blossoming Defense, or Apostle's Blessing. Also, though it's not really protection, Shaper's Sanctuary is intriguing. Not sure what I think of it yet, but I'm looking forward to testing it once XLN is released and the price normalizes.
- Extra Evasion: Meta-dependent, but I try to always consider extra Trample and Unblockable (e.g., Apostle's Blessing) effects.
- Removal: 1x Dismember is great. If too pricey though, any Green fight card is solid. I like Nature's Way, personally.
- Gravehate: 2x sounds about right. I'm on Tormod's Crypt lately, because it's the only thing that's fast enough vs. Vengevine.
- Artifacthate: I'm not personally a fan of Nature's Claim in the side, but that's because there's a lot of Eldrazi Tron in my meta and they run 4x Chalice of the Void in the main ... and Chalice with X=1 will shut Infect down hard. I like Seal of Primordium but Deglamer/Unravel the Aether may be better depending on the meta.
- Extra land: If I find myself bringing in high-CMC cards from the sideboard, sometimes adding an extra land makes sense.
- Burnhate: If there's a bunch of Burn in your meta, you may want some disposable blockers and some lifegain. Spellskite (blocker + protection) and Kitchen Finks (blocker + lifegain) are amazing, but super-pricey. Maybe something like Wall of Roots, Steel Wall, or Wall of Tanglecord. I've no idea on the lifegain ... Nourish maybe? Or maybe Jaddi Offshoot (though I'm not sure it's worth it with 20 Lands).
1 month ago
capriom85 its about a dollar more on my end, Part the Waterveil is $1.5 which would put you about .5 up is you'd want me to throw anything else in: It not; there are some cheap cards I'm looking for (Acidic Slime Seal of Primordium Ulvenwald Hydra Soul of the Harvest
1 month ago
I am also building a very similar deck
SCORE: 2 | 897 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
It would be nice to have someone to brainstorm the deck with, so here are my two cents:
Flinging the Death's Shadow (or even including it in the deck) is a mistake.
Death's Shadow will not be bigger than 13/13, even if you have negative life total since the recent rules change
The problem is that once you play Madcap Experiment the game changes, the opponent wins on the spot if they are able to bounce, exile, or kill Platinum Angel so you have to hope they don't have more counters + relevant removal (like Path to Exile) than you have counters.
Remand is not a counterspell in this context, it only delays game loss a single turn.
Thoughtseize, like any other discard, is only good early game, late - mid game removal topdeck will slip by it and cause a game loss. (It gets worse the more cards the opponent draw, Dark Confidant can make it pretty much useless)
Pyretic Ritual's & Simian Spirit Guides are a recipe for disaster. Playing Madcap Experiment early, without counter back up is as bad as it gets.
In the end you have to decide. If you wan't to run a tempo list go with Platinum Emperion (maybe some Blood Moons), in rakdos, or izzet.
If you want to play Platinum Angel, you need to play control to do it effectively.
Of course it brings a whole bag of goodies with it Pact of Negation, Glorious End & Earthquake.
(It seems you don't realize the true potential of Glorious End it exiles the stack, meaning stuff like Supreme Verdict doesn't resolve, including abilities (so why Trickbind?), or when up against some crazy fast tunnel vision matchup like infect, it can be a Time Walk).
So in my experience Platinum Angel mandates a good counterspell package (preferrably hard counters), ways to prevent or deal with problematic permanents that can kill the angel once its on the field like:
Liliana of the Veil; Chandra, Torch of Defiance; Karn Liberated; Oblivion Stone
Against which Spell Pierce & Logic Knot do wonders.
Grafdigger's Cage and the combo of Aether Vial + Harbinger of the Tides/Flickerwisp
mandates some artifact removal
While Qasali Pridemage asks for creature removal
Abrade can play both role - but i have no plan for Seal of Primordium outside getting lucky by drawing one of my 3 Spell Pierces, however its not the most common hate.
The other bogey man of the deck is the draw-go control matchup since they can always win counter wars by having more removal + counterspells, than what this deck will ever be able to match (due having to devote spots for the angel and a way to put it in play).
The solution is to bait out some of the removal or counterspells then Extirpate it.
As an added benefit it also works on stuff that can be recurred from the grave like second casts of Ancient Grudge.
Blood Moon is good in this version too since it prevent stuff like Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle killing the angel, beside being a big hindrance to most deck in the format.
2 months ago
Font of Fertility
Genju of the Fields
Mark of Eviction
Seal of Removal
Vessel of Nascency
Wild Growth, Overgrowth, Fertile Ground, Gift of Paradise, Verdant Haven, Weirding Wood, Annex, Utopia Sprawl, Dawn's Reflection, Frontier Siege, Market Festival,
Font of Fortunes
Oath of Lieges
Seal of Cleansing and Seal of Primordium
Ancestral Mask, Auramancer's Guise,
Bounty of the Luxa
Collective Restraint, Dissipation Field,
Eidolon of Blossoms
Trial of Knowledge
Honden of Seeing Winds
Sigil of the Empty Throne
Fable of Wolf and Owl
Aura of Silence
Rest in Peace, Web of Inertia combo