|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Seal of Primordium
Sacrifice Seal of Primordium: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Seal of Primordium Discussion
1 hour ago
Hey, several good cards here especially in the manabase. Consider expanding on the value you can get from Muldrotha?
Budget cards to consider adding:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolored Commander decks.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable no mana cost sources of draw in multiplayer Commander. Don't pay the upkeep cost on your turn and play it from your graveyard with Muldrotha to potentially draw cards during each of your opponents turns. Play it early game and it can give you a big advantage.
- Animate Dead : powerful reanimation enchantment that can target any creature in any graveyard including your opponents.
- Pernicious Deed : versatile repeatable nonland permanent board wipe because you have some control over what's destroyed. Pay five mana to destroy nonland 5 CMC or less cards which doesn't destroy Muldrotha.
- Commander's Sphere : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Mind Stone : ramp, sac it to draw a card.
- Coiling Oracle : two drop, mana efficient creature to get value with Muldrotha.
- Buried Alive : tutor for three different creatures and put them into your graveyard to then play them from your graveyard with Muldrotha.
- Vessel of Nascency : repeatable way to search top of library for certain cards, the cards you don't choose go to the graveyard which fuels Muldrotha.
- Wood Elves or Farhaven Elf : ramp, Wood can search for a dual land: Overgrown or Breeding. Farhaven can search for a basic land and both of these puts the land you searched for onto the battlefield.
- Seal of Primordium
Cards to consider cutting:
- Ipnu Rivulet
- Leechridden Swamp
- Quest for the Gravelord
- Font of Fertility
- Seal of Removal
- Unhallowed Pact
- Burnished Hart
- Golgari Cluestone
- Slum Reaper
1 week ago
Damping Sphere : storm, some tron decks, amulet titan, and finally, RU Phoenix
Scavenging Ooze :this is a hit all card for me its used in all burn aggro and mid-range deck match ups
3 weeks ago
I have a Seal of Cleansing on my board. My husband has a Seal of Primordium and a Thopter Spy Network on his board. I sacrifice my card to blow up His Thopter Spy Network . Can he sacrifice his seal to stop mine from resolving and save his enchantment?
1 month ago
Hi schnernv, sorry for the delay.
I really like this deck.
Smokestack usually go to 4 counters, cheap permanents are great.
My favorite play is Contamination , locks most of the people out of the game.
I'm testing some improvements:
1 month ago
There are ways to just put your creatures straight onto the board, like Aether Vial , Quicksilver Amulet , and Elvish Piper . Otherwise I second Reclamation Sage for a low-cost option. Also things like Thrashing Brontodon and Seal of Primordium can dissuade stax plays if they don't have an answer in hand. Sometimes that's all the time you need.
2 months ago
Is The muldrota wo loves the Animate Dead ... Muldrotha's ability makes it possible to use the Animate Dead even if you have it in the cemetery to reanimate any creature from any cemetery ... If the enemy destroy the Animate Dead , you'll cast it again from the graveyard ...
There are Muldrotha's "Signature Cards" as Seal of Primordium ; Mulldrifter ; Spore Frog ; Mystic Remora ; Animate Dead ... etc ... There are not many cards that can cast spells from the graveyard ...
2 months ago
So a lot of the appeal of Grudge is being able to remove two artifacts in a row, but the second cast is almost always a better cast than the first, mostly because of the cost reduction. Seal does this better by being able to offset the cost well before LMC ever comes out. Getting it down before a Blood Moon can be huge for pace, as you just sac it and go on with your business with all your mana up. It has been playtesting VERY well.
I may even up the count on Seal it is working so well. It feels like setting a trap while an opponent is watching, and still making them walk into it.
2 months ago
More ideas for your sideboard:
4x Leyline of Sanctity (it's a game winner against burn and it delays mill and black decks that play Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize ) Nature's Claim of Seal of Primordium against Ensnaring Bridge and the likes of that. Ofcourse you should add Rest in Peace especially in the current meta (Phoenix is heavily played and Dredge doesn't like RiP as well). Stony Silence is also good. Since you play a heavy creature based deck, you should prepare yourself for boardwipes like Damnation and Anger of the Gods . In that case you can surprise your opponent by playing Mana Tithe . They will never see that one coming ;)
Seal of Primordium occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
BUG (Sultai): 0.83%