|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Common|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Seal of Primordium
Sacrifice Seal of Primordium: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Seal of Primordium Discussion
2 days ago
But... now I'm reading the actual text on Grave Peril... there is a bit of a problem. Dunno if you've also spotted it. It kills your own Generator Servant. Replace with Executioner's Capsule, perhaps? In order to get more card types to GY, you could also consider Ghost Quarter, but your manabase is already pressed, so...
2 days ago
xyr0s First off- I want to say thank you for taking time to give me these great tips when you could (and likely should?) be spending your time more productively.
Second: Okay I really do like Traverse the Ulvenwaldin this deck- would you say that I keep a few Grisly Salvage? It sort of does the same thing but without delirium- plus it fills up my graveyard working toward delirium/delve for gurmag.
Again- thanks so much for your help!
1 week ago
1 week ago
As ToolmasterOfBrainerd said, it's going to be a REALLY tough match-up for you. I'm personally 70% (9-4 on matches) vs. various Sultai Control builds ... so the best plan may just be to hope you don't get matched up again :-)
At our heart, we're a tempo deck, using Land disruption to set our opponents back and early ramp to move us forward. So you'll want to prioritize ways to nerf our Land disruption and disrupt our early ramp for sure. Looking at your current 75 ...
- Collective Brutality, Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek are REALLY good against us. We tend to mulligan REALLY aggressively, especially in Game 1,in search of mana accelerants, and it's easy to turn our great 5 into a cruddy 4.
- Fatal Push on an Arbor Elf followed by Surgical Extraction is just brutal.
- Casting a Pithing Needle and naming Arbor Elf right after we cast one is brutal too (it's tough to cast a pre-emptive Needle though, since our deck has SO many flex slots).
- Ghost Quarter on a Forest + Utopia Sprawl is INSANELY good against us.
- Damnation is really rough on us. Especially if coupled with some hand disruption (since we'll normally hold at least one Creature back).
Beyond your current 75 ...
- Some Enchantment removal could be solid, for Utopia Sprawl and of course for Blood Moon. I like Seal of Primordium (since it works vs. Chalice of the Void when X=1), but there are a ton of solid options.
- Spreading Seas could be REALLY good here. It's great against us early (on a Forest + Utopia Sprawl) and decent late (if we don't have a Blood Moon out is can sometimes be challenging to get double-red). And it's also superb on yourself when we have Blood Moon out.
- Can your mana base afford to run 2x Forests? It's the first Basic I'd try to kill (to keep you off Goyf and Enchantment removal). I'm also going to do everything I can to keep you off BB (for Lili).
Post-board, we probably won't change much. Maybe 1-2x Relic of Progenitus if we saw or expect Goyf. Probably an Obstinate Baloth (if we've got one), for Lili. Watch out for Trinisphere though ... if we see a bunch of your big-mana spells (Kalitas, Tasigur, etc) they won't come in, but if Snap-Push created any issues for us in Game 1, expect Trin' (usually 3x) for sure.
Good luck, mate!
3 weeks ago
I like Blightcaster, it could be really usefull. Also, I don't have a lot of 4 drop (only my noble), so it would be appropriate to use it.
You're right about Seal of Primordium. I need it, at minimum in the sideboard.
3 weeks ago
Crippling Blight seems weak in a deck that isn't highly aggressive.
I also question the inclusion of Doom Blade/Murder. Not only could they be replaced with Seal of Doom, most problems they solve are solved just as easily by Lignify. Since you already have a lot of targeted removal (especially if you run Blightcaster), perhaps it would be better to diversify into your favorite variant of Diabolic Edict, Geth's Verdict, or Tyrant's Choice?
I don't think it's optimal but you could also consider running Despondency as a way to keep those Constellation triggers coming.
Overall seems like a lot of fun!
1 month ago
Having played with and against Bogles many times, I have some suggestions.
Cut Snake Umbra in favor of Spider Umbra, the umbras are critical to the early game, especially if you plan on playing Kor Spiritdancer. (Also, 3 cmc should be winning you the game, not drawing you cards in this type of deck)
Get a Dryad Arbor if you want to upgrade, as it serves as both an additional creature and land, and is tutorable if you decide to get fetches.
The sideboard needs tuning, Leyline of Sanctity is amazing at defeating things like this decks worst enemy, Thoughtseize, it also works against Lilli, and and many other fringe cards like Blessed Alliance, that can destroy most of this deck's gameplan. If you decide that is too much $$, good budget options to look into are Torpor Orb and Suppression Field. Also, Seal of Primordium is the best artifct disruption you can have, since you can play it and destroy something like a Chalice of the Void on one.
You need Stony Silence, decks like Tron are great at destroying this deck since cards like Oblivion Stone set you back to square one. Stony silence will also allow you to get past cards like Ratchet Bomb and Engineered Explosives and will slow down decks like Ad Nauseeum that you cant interact with.
You might ant to look into getting Temple Garden over Brushland, because since Bant Eldrazi took all the painlands and jumped the price, the shocks can actually be cheaper to buy and will be more beneficial for you in the long run.
These are my suggestions, feel free to take them as you please.
2 months ago
True, still Reclamation Sage < Qasali Pridemage - since it can only cause problems (IF resolves) after the angel is on the field.
That is a pretty big if considering that the deck is built to counter such threats - and Glorious End doesn't care for Boseiju, Who Shelters All or Cavern of Souls.
However removing stuff like Liliana of the Veil, or Seal of Primordium is a real trouble for U/R decks.
So i am just inquiring about stuff that could get me in real trouble like lilana, at 3 cmc cost - if its not a simple hate card, but something that warps the game if left on the field then i would like to hear about it even more.