|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a card, put that card into your hand, then discard a card at random. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||perrin515 , asceveris , Poptartz95 , dplerner , mziter501 , BrenBrix , bigc137 , Willis1994 , zachi , DrLitebur , saj0219 , awalloftext , ironax , Justinaut|
|Want (6)||BlueMageBrandon , twospires , sonnet666 , SkipYourDrawStep , Duct-Tape-Guardian , MoJoMiXuP|
1 day ago
Also, Gamble is like another 1 mana tutor.
3 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
6 days ago
Most of the red flags came up with the mana base, including very slow rocks. Staff of Nin is too slow to be relevant in cEDH. Path to Exile is never played in cEDH. Besides this, I'm not too sure how to improve the creatures and other spells of the deck because this type of deck isn't seen in cEDH.
6 days ago
Quest for Pure Flame and Gamble are working out great from your recent changes. I've been on and off testing kindred charge , but I'm not really liking it. At best it performs as well as Siege-Gang Commander.
My list is currently a 100% match to yours and is running amazing, I've been so tempted to add in Pyroblast due to the amount of blue players I face though.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
I could have explained the Mistbind Clique's land lock combo better. I had to google and read the explanation several times. I still have trouble explaining how on the end step we sacrifice the token, play for the Inalla's trigger, champion Mistbind Clique and still get to keep the token until the next end step. Do we get to keep the token because we sacrificed it in response to the exile trigger going on the stack on the end step and thus once the new token is created the end step triggers have already passed? I know it works. I just want to be able to give the most correct explanation.
I cut Gamble for Grim Tutor. I may end up putting Gamble back into the deck. It needs to be played early or after we have drawn cards. I like to hold on to those tutors just in case things go poorly and I need either a boardwipe, counterspell or some other form of interaction to keep us in the game. It is good to get a draw engine early Rhystic Study, Mystic Remora, Necropotence or the second half to one of our combos.
4 weeks ago
Sundial of the Infinite + Feldon of the Third Path combo would be a great add for your creatures. As well as some more card draw like Faithless Looting and Tormenting Voice since with this deck you wont really need to worry about throwing creatures and artifacts into you graveyard. Also Gamble for the same reason really.
4 weeks ago
Mindcensor cushions the following:
Fetches (OG zend, Evo Wilds, Myriad Landscape
Zur decks(one of the top EDHREC commanders)
Funny with Path (think about it)
You should run Ghost Quarter too, which can become a strip mine with Birdman on the field.
He really gets better against more expensive decks, and, judging by your list, your meta has money (foil Wasteland? WTF?). I also thought of a few more things:
Artisan of Kozilek triggers on cast, so it's unconditional recursion that gets past Gryff and Orb. It's also a 10/9 annihilator 2 beater, which is pretty great by itself anyway.
A early game token fountain to put the pressure on is always nice to. Black has Bitterblossom which is pretty good, but for you I'd certainly recommend Master of the Wild Hunt. It's a relatively unknown card, but with a Sol Ring on T1 you can have 2/2's every turn from T2 onward, and the Hunter has built in instant speed removal. Sign yourself up.