: Add to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ancient Tomb Discussion
2 days ago
4 days ago
I play (white) Stax in Legacy and there's no real way around having 4 Chalice and Trinisphere in the deck. Maybe 3 Trinisphere, because its effect is not cummulative (Chalice can be cast for different X if you get more than one) but you need to have them and you want to play them on turn 1 if possible. You can do very much with the rest of the deck, playing almost creatureless or going for a rather aggressive strategy, but some parts are absolutely necessary.
That would be for you:
- 4x Ancient Tomb
- 4x Metalworker (plus at least one Staff of Domination for the combo)
- 4x Chalice of the Void
- 3-4 Trinisphere
It may seem to reduce the fun a bit, when you can't make every "cool" creature work but trust me, there's nothing more fun than a turn 1 trinisphere...
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle can be cut i think. Think over the games you've played, when was the last time you wanted to draw 7 lands, and how often do you need to deal 3 damage to something that you keep a CIPT land in your combo/aggro deck? Another mountain could do well
Goblin Wardriver is this strong enough?
Goblin Gardener not strong enough?
Lightning Crafter this card is another infininte combo with Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker. have kiki in play, another goblin and a sac outlet. play lightning crafter, champion the random goblin, then have kiki copy the crafter.the token champions kiki, taps to do 3, then you sac the token. Kiki comes back into play untapped and ready to do it again.The cool part about the combo is that you can search it all from Goblin Recruiter.
Breath of Fury is a cool card i've had success with when i had my Krenko deck up and running. you need at least one opponent to have no blockers, a mass haste outlet, one goblin and krenko on the field. enchant the random goblin with Breath of Fury, attack the player with no creatures with just that creature. when it connects and triggers, tap krenko to make 2 tokens, sac the creature with the enchantment and attach to one of the new tokens. repeat until you have a large enough army to kill each player.
Brightstone Ritual could led to explosive turns
also I'm not conviced on Extraplanar Lens, you're not a big mana deck so strip mine'ing a land to get more mana dosen't seem worth it.
Gamble might be something to look into as well. Just be aware that it's a gamble!
Mogg Infestation is interesting, what are you mostly doing with this? Targeting youself with Purphoros, God of the Forge out? Targeting an oppopent with Goblin Sharpshooter out? another 2 card combo you can't tutor for?
2 weeks ago
I like your deck. +1 from me. I recommend Grasp of Fate (better in multiplayer).
Feel free to check out my deck Captain my Captain, Lead us to Victory!
2 weeks ago
This is a good start and you have the foundation of a strong Krenko deck here. There's some changes we could make though.
Aside from adding a lot of fast mana (Chrome Mox, Mox Diamond, Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Lotus Petal) I think some improvements could be made to your creature suite. Sensation Gorger is a bit of a trap. With only 20 goblins, he typically doesn't get to do anything reliably. Voracious Dragon is win-more, and Goblin King is not needed. Zealous Conscripts should be a Lightning Crafter, which also goes infinite with Kiki and one of your plentiful sac outlets and can be tutored for.
I found Thousand-Year Elixir and Illusionist's Bracers underwhelming. They can make lots of goblins, but you don't actually need very many to start going off. I cut these from my list a long time ago and have not missed them.
Hammer of Purphoros being an artifact is a bad thing; it's easier to remove. Replace with Fervor. I'd cut Impact Tremors and Boggart Shenanigans. They just don't do enough unless you're actually going off. Aggravated Assault and Breath of Fury are win-more in a Krenko list; I'd drop those as well. Throw in a Dragon Fodder. Mizzium Mortars is... well, not a good thing in a deck that's trying to go wide with tiny creatures.
I am personally not a fan of Goblin War Strike and similar effects. These at most kill one opponent and can be very clunky. They don't do anything until you have enough goblins to actually kill people.
I replaced Reforge the Soul with Godo, Bandit Warlord, which has been amazing.
Notable cards that are missing: Chandra, Torch of Defiance, Sensei's Divining Top, Inventors' Fair, Rummaging Goblin (draw and a goblin), Treasonous Ogre, Goblin Bushwhacker, Beetleback Chief (combo piece with Kiki!), Goblin Ringleader (makes Recruiter a million times better), Sparksmith (removal), Ancient Tomb, Cavern of Souls, Crystal Vein, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Hanweir Battlements, Mind Stone and Gamble. All of those cards are fantastic and will improve your deck. Please let me know if you're not clear on why.
3 weeks ago
Owwwwww.... I failed to read/remember the "instead" part... my bad!
Another thing I recalled: Reconsider putting Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. I ran a mono-black casual deck that uses all four Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Lake of the Dead and Ancient Tomb. It fixes Ancient Tomb as a swamp for Cabal Coffers and eventual fodder for Lake of the Dead and fixes Cabal Coffers itself: when you have a 3 land draw with a Cabal Coffers, you pray the Gods for another Swamp to come so I won't manascrew myself. A turn 3 Cabal Coffers you won't cast Yehenni unless you have that Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (mana rocks aside).
PS: Ancient Tomb
PSS: I also ran City of Traitors but those are quite pricey now