|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
: Each player gains control of all creatures he or she owns.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (23)||Big-Foot , sneferie , Wiggins , tragic_slip , DrPopular , bustinchops , Rez09 , MrCrazzyc , Famicomania , mziter501 , Willis1994 , bakunet , Duct-Tape-Guardian , HR19 , The_Munchkin , hwagner , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rockleemyhero , MattN7498 , , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Vasbear1 , Justinaut|
|Want (7)||goodair , Ariumlegion , SpaghettiToastBook , dododestroyer , TheAlmostHero , golgarigirl , Va1mar|
Homeward Path Discussion
4 days ago
Most of the cards that I run in OH LORD JESUS IT'S A FIRE! | Neheb EDH have already been mentioned, but I thought I'd chime in anyway.
A red version of Phyrexian Arena does not exist :(
That said, Neheb has some pretty good options.
Sword of Fire and Ice is great because it will deal damage, draw a card, and protect Neheb from your own x spells. Everything you want!
Blah blah, Chandra, Torch of Defiance, blah blah
Commune with Lava is really great. You can use the cards for two whole turns so you can dump your mana into it, then next turn have a huge card advantage.
Prophetic Flamespeaker is also good. Attach the sword to him.
Also Grenzo, Havoc Raiser is sorta a card advantage? I've found him useful anyway.
4 days ago
It depends on how often you have cards in your hand. Avaricious Dragon gives you an extra card, but you need to discard your hand at end of turn. Chandra, Flamecaller's '0' ability makes you discard your hand, but you draw that many cards plus one, and Bedlam Reveler makes you discard your hand, but you draw 3. Combustible Gearhulk can let you draw cards, particularly if you play good politics.
Farsight Mask is another possibility. Lets you draw whenever an opponent damages you.
5 days ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping grounds, Cinder Glade, Game Trail, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Frontier Bivouac, Temple of Abandon, Temple of Epiphany, Temple of Mystery, Gruul Turf, Izzet Boilerworks, Simic Growth Chamber, Hinterland Harbor, Rootbound Crag, Kazandu Refuge, Rugged Highlands, Swiftwater Cliffs, Thornwood Falls, Shivan Reef, Yavimaya Coast, Gruul Guildgate, Highland Lake, Izzet Guildgate, Shivan Oasis, Simic Guildgate, Timber Gorge, Woodland Stream, Highland Weald, Arcane Lighthouse, Homeward Path, Kessig Wolf Run, Rogue's Passage, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Command Tower, Forbidden Orchard, Path of Ancestry, Lumbering Falls, Wandering Fumarole, Savage Ventmaw, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Xenagos, the Reveler
2 weeks ago
Oooh positive ones, I like that idea too!
The Low in Sodium
This player is characterized by being both a good sport when winning and when losing. Rarely, if ever, do they get salty. Common quotes:
- "Dang, that card is awesome!"
- "That was such a close match, I can't believe I actually won."
- "I really like your deck, I can definitely tell you put a lot of hard work into building it."
This player starts first with the goal of making sure everyone has fun in the multiplayer games, and knows how to balance the common goal of winning with the perfect level of power for the group. Common quotes of this player:
- "Tap my Homeward Path so that everyone gets their creatures back."
- "I'm not gonna hit you cause you're mana screwed."
- "I wanna see how your Avacyn, Guardian Angel deck plays out, so I'll play Fog to save you."
The Most Interesting Opponent in the World
This player doesn't always play, but when they do, they play such unique homebrews that you are just blown away by the talent they have in building their interesting decks. Some common quotes:
- "I really wanted to play with Lich, so I built this Selenia, Dark Angel deck so that I can play stuff like Repay in Kind and Reverse the Sands."
- "Have you heard of the Mesmeric Orb Basalt Monolith combo?"
- "At your end step, I am going to cast Kaervek's Spite to sacrifice my entire board, triggering Academy Rector to get Barren Glory."
The Deck Doctor
This player has a lot of experience building decks and playing in the format, so when they offer help, you know the deck is going to get much better. Some common quotes:
- "One of the nice things about playing white is that you get quite a few efficient spot removal cards for any type of permanent!"
- "I see you are playing Tooth and Nail, do you have Craterhoof Behemoth in the deck?"
- "If you are having trouble staying out of topdeck mode, here are some cards in your colors that you can use to keep your hand filled."
3 weeks ago
Upptckte att tappedout inte tillter svenska bokstver, men fuck it
Soul of the Harvest - bra card draw i creature heavy decks, duglig beater samtidigt
Reclamation Sage - removal on legs, sorcery speed men ger dig creature synergy
Wood Elves - ramp on legs, ger dig bde dual lands och untapped
Beast Within - bsta removalen i dina frger
Krosan Grip - vldigt bra removal, rddar dig frn kort som Aetherflux Reservoir och Nevinyrral's Disk, och kan inte bli counterspellad nr du vill f bort jobbiga kort som Omniscience, Waste Not, Bloodchief Ascension osv.
Fracturing Gust - tycker denna r vldigt underskattad removal, instant speed och incidental lifegain, fuck rocks
Heroic Intervention - rddar dig frn single target removal och vanliga board wipes, tillrckligt billig att ha mana redo frn midgame och framt
Harmonize - riktigt bra unconditional card draw, en sllsynthet i grnt och vitt
Amulet of Vigor - holy fuck vad den hr kan lta dig balla ur med din commander
Song of the Dryads - smre n Beast Within fr den r sorcery speed, bttre fr att den gr frbi indestructible och om man lgger den p en commander s kan man inte ta dem till command zone, kan kontra vissa taktiker ordentligt
Nissa, Vital Force - hon behver bara verleva en turn fr att f ivg en riktigt bra ulti samtidigt som man fr en 5/5 blocker, och mot boards dr hon inte kan verleva s kan man anvnda hennes -3 fr duglig recursion
Whitemane Lion - om du gillar att rampa med Greenbelt Rampager s finns den hr jkeln, och flash innebr att du kan gra det precis innan det blir din tur (t.ex. hlla uppe mana fr Beast Within men om inget farligt behvde removas s kan du rampa p instant speed), men utan din commander r det ett rtt s dtt kort om du inte har ngon annan hftig ETB creature p bordet som du kan returna och recasta
Solemn Simulacrum - vldigt bra att ha men lite trkig i en grn lek som inte bygger runt sacrifice/reanimation/artifacts
Elemental Bond - effektiv card draw nr man spelar med stora dudes
Temur Sabertooth - lter dig runka med extra ETBs och galen mngd ramp, men r vldigt irrelevant i situationer dr du behver ngot med mer impact
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist - duglig combat buff, duglig pillowfort
Tireless Tracker - att den blir strre r inte s relevant men det r riktigt bra landfall, dock att behva betala 2 fr card draw r lite meckigt men bra om du ofta knner att du fr slut p gas
Emeria Angel - landfall som kanske inte r helt smst, men inte srskilt impactful heller
Sylvan Reclamation - vldigt bra removal och basic landcycling kan rdda dliga starthnder, men cmc5 r rtt s dyrt
Oblation - ganska stor downside att ge motstndaren card draw, men jag gillar mjligheten att lgga det p en egen permanent som hller p att bli removad eller p en token fr lite emergency card draw
Momentous Fall - instant speed r det viktiga hr, kan lggas som svar p att ngon frsker remova en fet creature s fr du fet card draw istllet, eller bara lggas p sin tur nr man behver grva efter ett svar och olikt Rishkar's Expertise & co s kan man inte dda creaturen som svar p att du frsker dra kort, fr sacrifice r del av kostnaden (dock kan du counterspellas och d har du varken din creature eller kort)
Traverse the Outlands - relativt billig big ramp men krver board presence och din strsta creature kanske blir removad som svar
Hour of Revelation, Planar Cleansing och Akroma's Vengeance - jag gillar dessa board wipes vldigt mycket, extra mycket nr din commander kan ta smllen utan att bry sig, och nr din lek r creature heavy s pverkar dessa dig nstan lika mycket som en Wrath of God medan dina motstndare fr ta massiv skit
Primeval Bounty - inte srskilt bra fr 6 mana men mysig mngd token spam och lifegain om du gillar det
True Conviction - kostar mycket men lifeswingen man kan f r absurd
Evolutionary Leap - bra stt att uppgradera mana dorks och dylikt till pseudo-card draw, men r inte alls lika bra som riktig card draw
Temple of Plenty - helt okej dual land, scry ska inte underskattas men den kommer nd in tapped och gr inte att fetcha
Homeward Path, Scavenger Grounds, Ghost Quarter och Tectonic Edge - det r bra att ha svar pklistrat p lnder som kommer in untapped, men man vill inte ha fr mnga lnder som gr colorless (och som inte kan fetchas)
Blighted Woodland - en bttre/smre Myriad Landscape om du gillar effekten, denna kan man anvnda fr mana direkt men att det kostar totalt 5 fr att rampa med den r dyrt, speciellt nr du vill lgga din commander nr du har 5 mana
Emeria, The Sky Ruin - ett vldigt lngsamt och mysigt kort men som du kan f igng rtt s tidigt med din commander, du har dock ingen annan sacrifice/reanimation synergy s ibland har den inget att returna
Eventuellt fler basics - ven om din commander rampar och du har mycket annan ramp s mste man kunna behlla bra hnder och ha rd att lgga sina kort speciellt med en s hg average cmc, det r rekommenderat att sikta p 45 reliable mana sources (lnder + unconditional ramp som inte kostar 4+)
Oracle of Mul Daya - vldigt bra ramp/pseudo-card draw, simply put
Austere Command - en av de bsta board wipesen i spelet, flexibiliteten r absurd
Akroma's Memorial - en ordentlig soppa av combat buffs men kostar vldigt mycket mana fr ett kort som inte gr ngot i sig sjlvt och kommer vilja removas allt fr ofta
Mind's Eye - vldigt bra card draw nr man har mycket ramp
Sylvan Library - otroligt bra card selection och i ndsituationer kan man betala liv fr att gra det till otroligt bra card draw
Aura Shards - vldigt bra removal nr man r creature/token heavy, fuck alla mana rocks
Windswept Heath - fetch land som kan leta upp duals untapped, auto-include om man vill spendera pengar
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - big devotion big mana, din commander ger dig big mana but you can always go bigger
Arbor Elf, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Birds of Paradise, Elvish Mystic, Gyre Sage, Joraga Treespeaker, Llanowar Elves - helvete vad mnga mana dorks du har, det r snt som leder till att du sitter och topdeckar frn turn 7 och framt, vill du behlla ngon s r Birds of Paradise och Avacyn's Pilgrim spelbara fr de colorfixar
Angel of Invention - poopy beater, har inte riktigt ngot med din lek att gra
Archetype of Endurance - "sluta interagera med mig" fast frsvinner mot board wipes, cmc8 r alldeles fr mycket fr en sdan effekt
Aven Mindcensor - man behver mer reliable card draw fr att spela med hatebears
Phytotitan - en fjrt utan trample som eventuellt kommer flja med i en exile/tuck/bounce board wipe, gr alldeles fr lite fr 6 mana
Undergrowth Champion - lustig men bara bra som en blocker vilket du inte har srskild brist p
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard - alldeles fr lngsam om man inte abusar honom med haste/untap/proliferate
Noxious Revival - recursion till top of library r card disadvantage, ett kort som inte knns srskilt relevant i din lek
Pathbreaker Ibex - utan haste r han ganska tveksam, men man kan ocks gamblea p att motstndarna inte har removal s ballar han ur
Selvala, Explorer Returned - vldigt incosistent ramp och det r inte bra att ge motstndare card draw, men hon r kawaii
Subjugator Angel - en finisher fr aggro mot trga board states men hjlper inte mot pillowfort enchantments/lnder och riskerar att bara tvinga ut en Cyclonic Rift/Evacuation/Fog osv., beror p hur ofta du sjlv har knt att den har legat p handen och varit irrelevant
Trostani, Selesnya's Voice - enablar devotion och lifegain kan vara mysigt, men populate r sllan relevant och r bara en 2/5
Ulvenwald Observer - card draw r bra men folk kommer antagligen inte lgga vanliga board wipes med honom ute och du har inget eget stt att sacrifica, och han sjlv har inte trample
Boundless Realms - vldigt bra spell men kanske blir ett dtt kort lite fr ofta om du redan har rampat med din commander, beror p din uppfattning
Selesnya Signet - signets r bland de bsta rocksen men grnt ska inte behva artifact ramp, just signets kan dock lta en keepa hnder med bara vita/colorless lnder
Thought Vessel - samma argument som ovan, no maximum hand size r vldigt verskattat, ven om du ngon gng drar 15 kort s behver du nstan aldrig behlla mer n de 7 bsta, och i grnt kan du spela med recursion som gr discarden nnu mer irrelevant
Staff of Nin - borde cuttas nr du lgger in bttre card draw, den r vldigt lngsam
3 weeks ago
Homeward Path would give you some defense against your opponents using reanimation cards to take the creatures in your graveyard. It also lets you get back Humble Defector to deny your opponents a chance to draw cards off it.