|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms (V12)||Mythic Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Vesuva enters the battlefield, you may choose a land in play. If you do, Vesuva enters the battlefield tapped as a copy of the chosen land.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (9)||CAPTAINxCOOKIES , TheRealPeaches , Forkbeard , Lucretian , warcry02 , asceveris , jrschnoebelen , mentor6 , mziter501|
|Want (10)||Turtlelover73 , essex0619 , twospires , Dadaman11 , KevinLS , BetaTest , Mousemke , firemind12 , Fullmetalmage , Va1mar|
4 days ago
Thanks for checking out my list!
- By running pretty much all of the non basic tutors (though I do want to swap out Realms Uncharted for an Hour of Promise so I'm not giving any choice to an opponent), grabbing Cradle isnt hard. From there mana isnt a huge issue unless wraths are a thing, which in my typically 1v1 meta isnt really. In multiplayer I could probably swap some of the artifact hate out (relying on the other 2 players to help on that front), to include some of the heavier hitting ramp spells.
- Kinda the same. Since my combos unfortunately need a lot of slots, I've had to cut somewhere. 37 lands is still plenty. Getting screwed doesnt not happen, but its not frequent. At least from my experience. Maybe variance will rear its head and I'll get my comeuppance with a long streak of being screwed.
- I do plan on getting a Taiga in the near-ish future, funds are a thing at the moment though. This is my actual paper list, one of the big reasons why I havent posted it to that tapped out tier list as an example to bump them up to tier 3. I understand the combo is janky and too slow for high end play, but from my experience the tier 4 description that starts with "weak" doesnt apply either. If cedh fast combo decks are defined as turns 3-5 wins, this deck is easily in the 5-7, sometimes 8 range. Thats not weak, its just not the strongest either. On the times I have done multiplayer the deck has done surprisingly well even at tier 2 tables (even before I got my cradle), but I also understand variance from meta to meta is a thing so I'm not aiming exceptionally high on that front. 3 feels right, but again this deck isnt technically fully optimized.
- Vesuva is in the side board, and I have used it. It does find a place in the deck, right now the Stage is doing a bang up job for me though.
- Yes, as explained in one of my sections the wilds and expanse are place holders for the big daddy fetches. Again, funds.
- Ghost Town... I see that as using Gruul Turf's slot as it bounces itself, even though you run both (you run more lands in general). But the turf generates more mana and its colored, so imo its better. I'd need to playtest to change my mind on that. Maze of Ith... my typically 1v1 meta is against another combo deck, Arcum. Arcum doesnt attack, so thats probably maybe board material and meta dependent. Homeward Path is nice though. Worth considering if I get into more multiplayer games against more control decks or that surprise blowout in red. Wasteland... I have Strip Mine, currently dont feel like I need the redundancy. I feel a lot of these may be meta considerations to be honest.
Looking at your list, your average cmc is much higher. That may be where your mana concerns for my deck come from. It may not seem like much, but the difference between 4.1 and 2.71 is absolutely monstrous; even at the 3.2 my deck once was at I felt it was way too slow, and even though Hour of Promise is better than Realms Uncharted part of me really loathes the idea of increasing my average cmc by even that small amount.
You also seem to have gone for a much stronger land destruction package, presumably to slow everyone else down so your average cmc isnt as big a hurdle. I've thought about going that route too, but decided to make the janky combo as good as it could be. I just dont have the space to do a land destruction/control package proper imo.
Again, thanks for stopping by!
4 days ago
Cool to see a completely different take on Mina and Denn. Inspiring to see a combo-oriented version!
There are a few things that I noticed when browsing your list. Perhaps there are some thoughts there that are helpful to you.
- You run quite a low amount of cards that fetch you multiple lands from the library. I wonder if you get enough lands consistently to get the deck started or make use of mina and denn's ability.
- Also, your land count seems quite low, especially for a land deck, and also considering 2 of your lands don't generate mana.
- I noticed that you run some 2-color producing lands (Fire-Lit thicket and grove), while you are only running 2 out of a possible 4 dual lands. That's 2 more potential mountains you miss for Valakut synergy. Vesuva can also be amazing with valakut, especially when you scapeshift while valakut is already in play.
- I would cut evolving wilds and terramorphic expanse for normal fetches, Blighted Woodland, or even Mountain Valley as that can also get duals.
- Other lands I hoped to find but were missing are: Ghost Town, Maze of Ith, Homeward Path, and Wasteland.
Have a look at my list if you are interested. Curious to hear your view on it!
1 week ago
Build drana right and you will have tons more mana than you know what to do with. Nirkana Revenant, Magus of the Coffers, Caged Sun, Crypt Ghast, Liliana of the Dark Realms, Gauntlet of Power, Extraplanar Lens, Doubling Cube, Black Market, Cabal Coffers, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Crypt of Agadeem, Vesuva. I think that is most of the big ones. You don't need all of these btw, I'm just listing options. Though I wouldn't build drana without Liliana of the Dark Realms. It is just too good to have both. On top of all that you are playing black and eldrazi die to Tragic Slips all the time. If that is looking too expensive there are plenty of cheaper options but those can also easily be the only expensive cards in the deck. Everything else could be really cheap and it will still be a good deck.
1 week ago
Colorless is a type of mana that has no color.
Therefore, Ancient Ziggurat, Exotic Orchard, Gemstone Mine, Glimmervoid, Lotus Vale, Mana Confluence (and Crumbling Vestige on the first turn) can't produce colorless mana.
Also, Vesuva enters the battlefield tapped, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth doesn't produce colorless mana either and if I were to be a nitpicker, Temple of the False God does not tap for 1 colorless (so it shouldn't be included, according to your destcription).
Anyway, thanks for the list! I found it very helpful.
2 weeks ago
Finally maybe Vesuva for the mana base.
Either way sweet build friend
2 weeks ago
Sephtis Yeah, I mean your dragons will kill most vamps anyway, maybe also dump thought vessel, not sure it has enough impact in a deck like this to take up a slot, and if you really need no max hand size you can fetch up the tower with promise.
Also maybe Icefall Regent over sunscorched.
3 weeks ago
I think I'll take out Decree of Pain for Austere Command. Makes a lot of sense to be able to choose what I wipe out since I like to keep a suffocating board state up. Thanks for the suggestion. For the same reason I think I'll try to make room for Merciless Eviction.
Vesuva is definitely worth considering as another land that can potentially tap for all my colors. I just don't like how it's a tap land that can also be weak in the early game.