Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have "When this permanent enters the battlefield, destroy target artifact or enchantment."
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Harmonic Sliver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Harmonic Sliver Discussion
3 weeks ago
And to answer your questions about the difference between Channeler and Harmonic Sliver, with Sliver the creature has to be cast and then resolve. It has to enter the battlefield to trigger its ability rather than just being paid for.
4 weeks ago
I'd do Firewake Sliver over Blur Sliver, gives you a little more functionality, and the extra colors aren't too much of a drawback in a sliver deck. Helps get that extra bit of damage through on occasion when you just need a little more reach, especially because everyone usually forgets the sac ability.
Harmonic Sliver can be pretty useful as well, though I'm not sure what I'd pull for it. Plays nice with Darksteel Ingot since it's not a 'may' ability, lets you target the ingot instead of any of your other value artifacts/enchantments.
Bring to Light can also be a pretty good pick, lets you tutor out Queen for just 5 mana, though you'll need the right setup to get full use out of it.
1 month ago
I won a few tournaments with a similar deck, but it was more control oriented. I'm not posting my complete build online, but here's a few ideas :
Universal Automaton allows so many recursive interaction with Emry, Lurker of the Loch. I opted for other slivers, such as Mindlash Sliver, Necrotic Sliver and Harmonic Sliver. Scroll of Avacyn and Scroll of Griselbrand suddenly become very cost efficient and the 2nd one can create good locks with instant speed discard (hello Teferi, Time Raveler).
Even Lurrus in the main deck can be a good option if you play that way. And you know what? You could have a complete 15 card sideboard swap for both kind of plays, either aggro or control :)
1 month ago
Mortlocke That might be something more efficient. I'll decktest that too! But I'm still thinking about Carpet of Flowers as a better ramp somehow: you can drop it at turn one, at at least one player on your pod will play blue.. Competitive decks without blue are a minority: I guess one of them will fetch a dual or a shockland with "island" printed on it. And even if there's 1 island otb, it will be of a color of your choice, on each of your turns. IDK if I still want to spend 3 mana for a single land card: I can then play a mana rock at 3 cmc like Coalition Relic or a more cheap Darksteel Ingot, which is ind. and can save us from our own Harmonic Sliver.
2 months ago
I suggest adding another card. Currently you have 99 cards total in this deck, and commander decks are required to have 100. As for cards within the deck, here are some for each category:
Some other cool cards are Scroll of Fate, which lets you cheat out huge creatures by manifesting them and then blinking them Triad of Fates, and Strionic Resonator which basically works like an inferior Panharmonicon.
There you go, you were looking for suggestions, so here are some you could consider. My big thing though is just to make sure you get that extra card in the deck. I hope you found this helpful.
3 months ago
I really dig the Changeling Dragon theme. I've seen this deck, it was fun to watch, and it's neat to see the insides. Do your 1 and 2-drop changelings make a difference? How well have the planeswalkers worked out?
Cards to consider (14): Kindred Dominance, Heirloom Blade, Omnath, Locus of Rage, Blood Tribute, Forerunner of the Legion, Metallic Mimic, Dregscape Sliver, Harmonic Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, and Kindred Discovery. Also with over 40 creatures having more effects that trigger with creatures entering the battle field seem useful: Aura Shards, Cathars' Crusade, Guardian Project, Soul of the Harvest, and Chulane, Teller of Tales.
I don't personally like creatures that reduce costs. I'd rather play a mana dork, or rock. How often do you empty your hand? Would wheel spells be useful? I personally like Lifecrafter's Bestiary. You currently have 16 shapeshifters (w/o Crib Swap, Shields of Velis Vel). I don't know how much you want to play with that number, but I wonder how good some of the cards are (Changeling Outcast, Fire-Belly Changeling, Impostor of the Sixth Pride, Mothdust Changeling, Woodland Changeling).
3 months ago
Fun deck - I like my slivers chunky! Some quick thoughts/suggestions:
- What's your win-con if someone has something like a Crawlspace or Norn's Annex out? Ashnod's Altar + Sliver Queen already gives you infinite ETBs and LTBs, maybe add Impact Tremors/Bastion of Remembrance/etc as an alternative win-con :)
- It might be worth adding Phyrexian Altar alongside your Ashnod's Altar
- Anointed Procession gives you twice as many slivers to work with, meaning the ETB/LTB works with Phyrexian Altar as well as Ashnod's Altar - as well as many other cards
- Be very careful with Harmonic Sliver and infinite slivers - it's not a 'may'! It's fine if you stack your triggers so all of your slivers destroy the same artifact/enchantment, otherwise you might be forced to destroy your own stuff. (Alternatively, you could go super-mean and add a copy of Enchanted Evening alongside Harmonic Sliver to destroy all of your opponents permanents...)
- If you decide that you'd rather go down the non-infinite route, Vanquisher's Banner is a great card to make sure you're always drawing more gas! Cycling lands would also help that draw issue.
- Speaking of - the new triome cycle that is coming up in Ikoria (e.g Indatha Triome) will fit very nicely in your deck! They've also got all of the land types so can be fetched by more types of fetchland - not that you've got those in the deck :)
- Mind if I ask why Hive Stirrings is in the deck?
- FYI Quicksilver Amulet does the same as Belbe's Portal in this deck - though it costs more mana after the first activation :) Since you have Sliver Queen as your preferred 5-drop, it might be worth swapping the artifacts so that you have a 4-drop 'instant summoner' instead of a 5-drop. It also gives you plays even if you're stuck on 4 lands.
- I'm glad you haven't added Cathars' Crusade! It's a very powerful card for this type of deck, but I'll be the first to tell you that it's incredibly painful trying to keep track of all the +1/+1 counters.
You mentioned being unsure about the number of lands/mana rocks - most people operate on a '40 lands minus (number of rocks)/3' basis. Since you've got 7 forms of mana (I'm not counting Gilded Lotus since the top of your curve is 5 mana) this means 38 lands is probably about right. I've got a Narset deck with 36 lands, but that has 14 mana rocks! (Speaking of, Coalition Relic is a really great mana rock, especially when you need different colours of mana.)
(If you're really wanting to optimise your mana base, then it's worth thinking when you're likely to play certain cards. [T1->land, T2->land+rock] means that you'll have 4 mana to play with on T3 instead of the usual 3. If you have loads of 2CMC rocks then that means you'll probably want to have more 4CMC spells instead of 3CMC spells - but I don't think that level of mana optimisation is something you need to worry about in this deck or in casual EDH!)
I notice that you've not got any land-ramp in the deck even though you have green available. I'd really encourage you to add some cards like Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, since they also act like card draw as well as ramp, and mean you're much more likely to hit your 5 lands on T5. Also, people are much less likely to steal or destroy your lands than your artifacts, and using land-based ramp means you're in a much better situation to catch back up if someone Cyclonic Rifts the battlefield.
Hope that's given you some food for thought. Let me know if you want me to clarify any of the above!
4 months ago
Doesn’t need them? I’m running Harmonic Sliver as targeted enchantment/ artifact removal and it can be bounced with chulane to be used again.