|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Counter target enchantment, instant or sorcery spell. Its controller creates a 2/2 blue Bird creature token with flying.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (42)||bradyofportdetroit , redlegs_17 , tragic_slip , Talistan , REV666 , Lindough , switchkill65 , IRNMN , xXThormentXx , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , Paradise_Collectibles , Neos272 , Jpegwun , ChainerDragon65 , , dplerner , MrCrazzyc , Famicomania , kaikaitanner , cryptoplasm , mziter501 , CampbellStev , VGJustice , mcstang1986 , Mousemke , bakeraj4 , LTmiller , gildan_bladeborn , meowCat1234 , Willis1994 , miracle , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Wolfebladeelite , Sparky41 , bakunet , mymanpotsandpans , Supremespeed , Vasbear1 , NobleSlay3r , MoJoMiXuP , Swamy|
|Want (8)||Pylioz , SpaghettiToastBook , Grantley91 , mafmatician , GoldGhost012 , TheBl0b , Nightdragon779 , mlouden03|
Swan Song Discussion
11 hours ago
I really like Annul. I was considering adding Swan Song already, but Annul just covers the bases a bit better. As for the Drake and Lightning Bolt, I think Im going to stick with Magma Jet and add Void Snare so that I can also hit things like Goyf. Thanks for the input!
11 hours ago
If you want help with a specific deck, it's usually a good idea to post a link to it. Especially if there's a potential that you have more than one of the same commander lists.
Commander / EDH*
Generally I found the easiest way to protect Yidris was to run a counterspell suite that you could cascade into with not much ill effect. Remand, Unsubstantiate, Mystic Confluence - basically counterspells that didn't just straight up counter stuff so you could use them on yourself if you needed to. And running a few cheap counters is not the end of the world. Swan Song is amazing.
benw on Mirko Vosh
2 days ago
Yes absolutely, the commander is not a top tier cEDH commander. My design idea was to take the core blue black cards that seem to be used in almost every competitive deck from my reading on tappedout of cEDH, and then from that core, build my mill deck. Other "competitive" aspects are things like, improving the mana accelaration - whilst in my "real" version of the deck I own mana rocks that cost less than 5, here I've included the best Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Chrome Mox etc.
I've put this deck on tappedout for people to view, comment on and help me improve, so if you have some recommendations I would love to hear it. This deck is not top tier, but I want it to be the best deck this commander could be, whilst still adhering to the mill abilities implicit in the commander.
I mention many cards in my last segment such as Aetherflux Reservoir that this deck is missing, but also other counter spells such as Swan Song might be something I've overlooked, as I said, any and all suggestions are welcome!
I will add an asterisk to my description, to highlight that this is "as competitive" as possible...within the confines of a Mirko Vosh mill deck.
6 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 week ago
Ooooo I like a LOT.
I have a few suggestions:
Hostage Taker is AMAZING when flickered, as you can keep strealing and playing Creatures, even Indestructible ones.
Deadeye Navigator would help you do this, and it's name is flavorful for Pirates.
Metallic Mimic would give you an excellent early play. It's costly to buy at the moment, but will drop in price when it rotates out. I like early plays in EDH that help to establish a strong board, as nothing much is going on for those Turns.
You have no Counter spells, when there are some VERY good ones that cost peanuts.
River's Rebuke is a nice card for interrupting one of your your Opponent's tempo, and putting you in the driving seat. Crush of Tentacles is also good, and suits the flavour. If you were going to use that card you might want some stuff in your deck that gives you no maximum hand size.
Tezzeret the Schemer looks like a Pirate, as far as I am concerned, and can help to Ramp. His Emblem would be fantastic in this deck, with all the Artifact generation you have.
That's all I have.
+1 from me for the Tribe.
Here's my standard version:
Ahoy, Me Hearties!
1 week ago
Pal00ka Hey! Thank you so much for your comments and suggestions!
Progenitor Mimic is there so every upkeep it can trigger Ezuri and activate ETB abilities that my enemies might have!
I've removed Planar Bridge, Kruphix, Orochi Hatchery, Majestic Myriarch and Loam Larva, they weren't helping me at all. Triskelion is a cheaper option to Walking Ballista (it's very expensive here in Brazil because standard! ugh, but one day I plan on getting it)
Overall thank you for your suggestions!
1 week ago
I love seeing another Talrand user. The deck looks pretty good. +1 from me. A few suggestions...
Capsize Win condition that is very useful, especially late game.
Memory Lapse goes well with isochron scepter and is a hard counter for 2
Your avg CMC seems a little bit high, so adding cheaper counter spells will allow you to counter something when it matters most.
Blatant Thievery is a great card for multiplayer
Temporal Manipulation and Time Warp are useful because you have talrand out, cast it, get a drake, do whatever, end the turn. Then have another turn to play a land (blue's way of ramping) and the drake you casted last turn with the extra turn can now attack.
Back to Basics and Overburden help slow your opponents down (Note: overburden won't trigger on your tokens so thats good). Moreover, you have too many creatures for a talrand deck. I can recommend some options of what to take out (creatures and others) if you like.
Speaking of creatures, while we don't want to have to many in the deck, some are worth their weight in gold such as Consecrated Sphinx, Snapcaster Mage (can be reused with Riptide Laboratory, which can also be used for talrand) and Torrential Gearhulk
Ramp. There are a lot of options, some of which you already have. One I like in particular is Sky Diamond because it allows Talrand to come out on turn 3.
I don't know your budget/meta/competitive level but if you want more ideas, feel free to look at my deck Tisk Tisk Talrand.