Creature — Cat
: You may return another target creature you control to its owner's hand. If you do, Temur Sabertooth gains indestructible until end of turn.
|Want (2)||ephemeralAubade , tjkoivunen|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Temur Sabertooth occurrence in decks from the last year
Temur Sabertooth Discussion
1 week ago
So to clarify my first answer - your opponent gets to decide, but they can decide between Otrimi, the Ever-Playful and Temur Sabertooth. They will likely choose the worse of the two, so you will most likely end up with a 4/3 cat shapeshifter.
1 week ago
If my opponent has Otrimi, the Ever-Playful mutated on top of Temur Sabertooth and I cast Duplicant targeting otrimi, which card is used to determine the power and toughness of duplicant. Duplicant says the last creature exiled with it, but as far as I can tell both cards are exiled together as one card, then become two separate cards when they land in the exile zone.
1 week ago
you need more interactions. and draw. Beast Whisperer, Phyrexian Rebirth, Smothering Tithe, Rhystic Study, Simic Ascendancy, Phyrexian Arena, Empowered Autogenerator, Cleansing Nova, Krosan Grip, Evolution Sage, Forgotten Ancient, Kodama's Reach, and Farseek, Herald of Secret Streams, and Fathom Mage need to go in. maybe Rampant Growth. maybe Pyramid of the Pantheon or Chromatic Orrery this speeds and mana fixes you. draws you cards, helps speed the game up for you. gives you some artifact and enchantment destruction. because you will need it. add in Peregrine Drake and Temur Sabertooth for infinite colored mana? take out Tezzeret's Gambit, Chord of Calling, Howl from Beyond.
2 weeks ago
Ok, that clears up the pond much more, thank you.
In that case, some strictly good copy/clone targets include:
- Biovisionary: Simply giggily. No explanation necessary.
- Sphinx Ambassador: Being able to straight up steal creatures from your opponents' libraries for guessing a random creature is fun!
- Woodland Bellower & Fierce Empath: They grab each other, and can grab other creatures! Great for a more "toolbox" utility to your deck!
- Temur Sabertooth & Kogla, the Titan Ape: Stuck with a clone that is just not good enough? Well, these two beasties can reset those etb's!
- Deadeye Navigator & Peregrine Drake: Yes, of course, they combo. yay. However separately, they can be quite useful. Being able to reset Clone targets is always useful to have in the pocket. With the P Drake, you can net mana depending on the clone being used!
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder: She isn't the most mana effective way of drawing cards per se, but the value you can get off of her ETB is just bonkers.
- Frilled Mystic, Mystic Snake, & Venser, Shaper Savant: Beyond being just some nice control on a creature body, Venser can get around those sticky "Cannot be countered" spells!
- Bane of Progress & Reclamation Sage: Simply lovely Enchantment and artifact removal!
- Meteor Golem: need to blow up anything? Golem boi can handle that. (Insert Staples button here)
Let me know if any of these help at all!
2 weeks ago
I don't play Pioneer whatsoever,
but assuming that it's in between Modern and Standard in terms of power level, I assume most games will be over by turn 5. Assuming.
I looked at the deck and you will not be able to win at that rate, primarily because even the key combos using Animist's Awakening requires mana to do, because it costs a green and puts a maximum of one mana out per one mana in. I looked and saw that Nyxbloom Ancient is legal in Pioneer. I think the only way you could viably make this work in a combo sense is if you were to first get Nyxbloom Ancient out and then start using Animist's Awakening and draw spells like Opt to get more and actually combo to win.
As an all-out combo win-con deck, I unfortunately do not think it is possible to storm for a win in this format with these cards.
It is possible you could make a control variant, however, major changes would be necessary.
The closest thing to what you are trying to accomplish that I know (or at least think) does work is combos using Auspicious Starrix and Temur Sabertooth in order to mutate the Starrix, get lands off the top, (you would be playing a lot of lands), and then bounce mutating creatures back with the sabertooth to do it again.
Best of Luck.
2 weeks ago
All combos start by generating infinite mana, this can be achieved in a number of ways:
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + Great Oak Guardian + Temur Sabertooth;
Staff of Domination + Priest of Titania, Karametra's Acolyte, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds;
Umbral Mantle + Priest of Titania, Karametra's Acolyte, Selvala, Heart of the Wilds;
With infinite mana you can go up the chain of Yisan activation to find the win-con you need:
Temur Sabertooth + Thought-Knot Seer - force opponent to draw;
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds + Great Oak Guardian + Temur Sabertooth - Infinite ETB;
Craterhoof Behemoth + Temur Sabertooth - Infinite ETB;
3 weeks ago
As a personal advocate for green storm, firstly, I congratulate and praise you for your loyalty. Secondly, as far as combo is concerned, let me donate some knowedelge from the same sages who taught me the ways of the wilds:
To begin, as you listed in your first comment, Temur Sabertooth is a fantastic green bounce effect that also allows you to protect itself, which is always nice. For another good body with bounce effects, maybe try Kogla, the Titan Ape!
Then, I would like to list Yeva, Nature's Herald as she is just fantastic. Just read her. Very noice.
For an outlet, I'd recommend the classic Walking Ballista.
I know, there are a ton of artifacts that are doing the work, and not neccessarily the green creatures, but I figured I'd still list some good combos! Hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
I suppose Temur Sabertooth cuts out the whole middleman, needing only the mana dork, untapper, and East Tree to go inifinte. So that'll be an option too.