|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters Edition (MED)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Winds of Change
Each player shuffles the cards from his or her hand into his or her library, then draws that many cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||DrLitebur , angesoir , damo_rox , KillDatBUG , Mousemke , brokendwarf , kpral , cklise , dplerner , lorddarkstar , Azdranax , Nemesis , sirbar , The_Dragonmaster|
|Want (4)||snackeater , firemind12 , Ariumlegion , Kravian|
Winds of Change Discussion
8 hours ago
You probably don't need so many wincons in your deck it is probably better to put in other artifacts like Pentad Prism Basalt Monolith Ancestral Statue Mycosynth Wellspring Quicksmith Genius Despotic Scepter Windfall Wheel of Fortune Winds of Change Simian Spirit Guide
You might have to put in something like Lightning Greaves just seeing as playing your commander means you win...
You might even be in the position to actually lower land count but it is up to you. I was also planning to basically make the same exact deck.
2 days ago
multimedia no worries! Thank you so so much for the help!
I checked out your elf deck, awesome coding! And is that Quenya from Lord of the Rings I see? Respect!
I was wondering if you'd be okay if I posted your comments and my following response on my deck page; I like to have everything in one place and the comments don't delete there as they do on the wall. let me know!
Now, to respond to all the suggestions! Again thank you for the advice!
First off I'd like to mention that I'm not a huge fan of most X-spells, and I wanted to stray away from them somewhat because I know that's what many people are going to to with F&S. I understand the value of X-spells with F&S is huge here, but they kinda need a ton of mana pumped into them, and I don't think Boros can consistently do that. In situations where I can't get Neheb, the Eternal to stick they become less effective, even if X = 10 and I gain 100+ life, it doesn't seem worth it to me because now I've just pissed off the other 3-5 players and will probably be crippled by the clapback. Second, I'm trying to focus on Sunforger and my combos a lot more, as I think that is what will make my deck stand out when all is said and done. So Combo/sunforger first, value/x-spells second. I don't want to strip stuff away from my Sunforger for more X-spells because I feel like I'll want Sunforger goodness more. So there's some thoughts that will hopefully explain my choices and why I will or won't take some of your suggestion :)
- Doubling Cube: I think you over value this somewhat. To make it produce 4 or more mana(making it better than just any mana rock), I already need 10 mana out. So that's a while before I feel it really benifits me. I'll test it though!
Earthquake, Rolling Earthquake: I think I covered these well enough. Again I want to emphasize that I just don't want them personally, and I know that X-spells are a great way to go with this commander. Will definitely keep them in the back of my head :)
Breath of Darigaaz, Hour of Devastation, Price of Progress, Acidic Soil: these are all great damage options, and I'll be testing them out along with all the ones I got in there now, like Flame Rift, Flamebreak, Fiery Confluence, etc. Time will tell which ones are the best.
Gamble: I'm gonna be straight up with you, I hate Gamble. I've used it and It's awful.
- Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Wild Guess: All good draw options. I'll consider!
- Survival Cache: I really like this one, but the fact that it can't be Sunforged was holding it back over options like Ritual of Rejuvenation and Reviving Dose. Yeah I see the rebound but that's just my philosophy getting in the way of good cards lol.
Winds of Change: I don't consider this card draw, but rather card selection. I find wheels usually help my opponents more anyway.
Mark of Asylum: Yeah this is a good one that I should find room for.
- Furnace of Rath: Out due to aggro meta :(
Hopefully all that makes some sense.
Again I definitely see the reasoning for all of the suggestions. Just not the direction I want to go :)
- Expedition Map needed to grab Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains.
- Book of Rass mid/late game draw that's a good mana sink more Neheb and a huge lifegain payoff. Also part of my beloved janky combo :)
- Basilisk Collar figured I'd be nice to snipe some big creatures, but I suppose if I'm dealing enough damage in the first place that's not needed. Probable cut.
- Swiftfoot Boots I kinda need the protection. there won't be many creatures out wth me wiping the coard so much so my creatures will be big targets.
- Strionic Resonator Can probably be cut, your right.
Painter's Servant I want my janky value! :D
- Thalia's Lancers gets Neheb or Gisela
- Stonehewer Giant gets sunforger, can also be a sweet combat trick with enough mana; two to find sunforger and two more to use sunforger to cast a life saving spell. Still, he costs a lot so maybe he'll be cut.
- Brass Squire probably cut, but is really good with sunforger.
- Imperial Recruiter gets Treasonous Ogre, Weathered Wayfarer and Painter's Servant
- Weathered Wayfarer gets Inventors' Fair and Mistveil Plains. not sure if you've ever played Boros but this kind of stuff is necessary, trust me.
- Fire Servant probable cut. I agree.
Generator Servant But he's so goooood. Turn 4 hasty F&S. Total pet card.
Teferi's Protection - essential part of my sunforger package. Way too good to now use.
- Tithe - can get Mistveil Plains and helps me hit those land drops. This is usually the first Sunforger target just to get the M-Plains.
- Open the Armory gets sunforger. I need all the consistency I can get.
Again thank you so so so much for the advice! Let me know if I can post it on the deck.
I don't want you to think I don't appreciate all the help and suggestions, I really do! It's just that this time around I have a different vision for my deck that a lot of these can't fit into. Thanks again friend!
2 days ago
Hey Suns_Champion, I didn't forget about you, you asked for my help :) Playtesting outside of TappedOut and writing about the new Dominaria spoilers at Radiant Elves has taken up the majority of my time for Magic.
Your Super Smash Boros | Firesong & Sunspeaker EDH deck looks great, lots of good cards and interactions. Aetherflux Reservoir is a nice secondary strategy that doesn't completely need Firesong to be a win condition, but becomes much better with Firesong.
Some suggestions to consider:
- Doubling Cube: double all red, white and colorless mana in your mana pool, great with X damage burn spells.
- Thran Dynamo: combines very well with Cube, an excellent source of colorless mana the turn it ETB.
- Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players
- Rolling Earthquake: win condition, X damage to all creatures and players, From the Vault: Annihilation version
- Breath of Darigaaz: 4 damage to all creatures and players for four mana kicked, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Hour of Devastation: 5 damage to all creatures and Planeswalkers, doesn't kill 6 toughness Firesong
- Price of Progress: lots of damage to each player for two mana
- Acidic Soil: lots of damage to each player for three mana
- Gamble: unconditional tutor
- Faithless Looting: early game draw
- Tormenting Voice: early game draw
- Wild Guess: early game draw
- Survival Cache: draw that's good with all the life gain from Firesong
- Winds of Change: can draw a lot of cards for only one mana
- Reiterate: crazy spell with Cube and other ramp because of buyback, double an X damage burn spell
- Mark of Asylum: protect your creatures from your own burn spells especially Firesong
- Furnace of Rath: double the damage by burn spells, makes X damage to each creature and each player burn spells ridiculous, major life gain
Doubling Cube can double all white, red and colorless mana to cast huge X damage spells which can be amazing with Firesong. Cube is the card that can give you the ability to cast Firesong or Reservoir and other burn spells all in the same turn. In fact with Cube, Firesong and Earthquake you can go off doing a ton of damage to all players and gaining a lot of life the turn you play Firesong.
I suggest adding more X damage to all creatures and all players burn spells. I think the power you're looking for with Firesong is in these spells because they can massively hurt all your opponents and not you because of lifelink. These Earthquakes don't target which is huge for the mana cost because you're damaging all creature and players at the same time not just one. Comet Storm is one of these, but it's one of the higher mana cost options. I suggest adding more because these spells give you the most bang for the mana.
Reiterate and Cube is a great combination because you will have mana to buyback Reiterate which is really good with large burn spells and a main strategy of wanting to cast instants and sorceries.
Gamble is an amazing tutor in Commander because the graveyard is very much a resource in this format. I suggest adding more cheap draw.
Mark of Asylum is busted with Firesong you can be less afraid to cast any burn spell that damages all creatures because the spell will not do damage to Firesong, but it will do damage to every other creature you don't control gaining you a ton of life.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Expedition Map
- Book of Rass
- Basilisk Collar
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Strionic Resonator
- Hedron's Archive
- Painter's Servant
- Thalia's Lancers
- Stonehewer Giant
- Brass Squire
- Imperial Recruiter
- Weathered Wayfarer
- Fire Servant
- Generator Servant
- Teferi's Protection
- Open the Armory
I'm suggesting to add quite a few more burn spells that can damage all creatures therefore it makes sense to cut a large amount of creatures because they will consistently die to these spells. I think these burn spells are much more powerful with Firesong than these creatures are.
Good luck with your deck.
3 days ago
Apologies for the delay, I had to write this twice.One time mana sources make a lot of sense since you do need 11 mana to play your commander and equip all in the same turn.Basalt Monolith, Grim Monolith, Lion's Eye Diamond, Mana Vault, Pyretic Ritual, Desperate Ritual, Seething Song, Lotus Bloom, Lotus Petal, Treasonous Ogre, Vessel of Volatility, Simian Spirit Guide
EquipmentHammer of Nazahn, Helm of the Host, Lightning Greaves all good but how do you feel about Sword of Feast and Famine + Aggravated Assault backup strategy? Sword of the Animist is a good equipment for this strategy as well but depending on the table may not be fast enough.
Love the counter package, no Dualcaster Mage?Fork, Burnout, Pyroblast, Red Elemental Blast, Reverberate, Ricochet Trap, Glorious End, and of course Possibility Storm. Not a big fan of Veilstone Amulet in cedh but the makeup of your local meta will make or break this card. Active Volcano is probably too much.
Maybe too many colorless lands? I think you could cut one land overall but I understand you want to hit each land drop. Ancient Tomb, Buried Ruin, Cavern of Souls, City of Traitors, Command Beacon, Crystal Vein, Dwarven Ruins, Gemstone Caverns, 25xMountain, Sandstone Needle, Scorched Ruins, Sequestered Stash
Kuldotha Forgemaster is a good way to tutor the equipment into play.
Sphere of Resistance is a fantastic protection card but can make it easier for others to combo if you leave it out.
4 days ago
As far as winning quickly goes, I would focus on some more Windfall effects such as Wheel of Fortune, Wheel of Fate, and Winds of Change. Just a few of these with your commander is enough to dig for your key combo pieces while inflicting mass damage. Finally a card that will serve as a win condition for this deck would be Mizzix's Mastery which will allow you to recast your graveyard.
1 week ago
I absolutely love Breya, so when I saw this in the banner I thought I'd stop by.
Point of reference for my Breya list: Breya's Party Pants
All advice I provide will be from the perspective of the above deck. My playgroup is exceptionally cutthroat- IE, if you can't combo off on turns 4-5 or prevent someone from comboing on those turns then you may as well not bother, etc.. Admitting, my deck is all-in on three very specific combos, but I think at least one of them would push this deck to new heights.
You run Wheel of Fortune, but not Notion Thief. I definitely think you need to squeeze Notion Thief into the deck. Lots of competitive decks run cards that draw lots per turn, from Mystic Remora to Windfall and the like, and Notion Thief not only shuts those down, but turns them into pure, blissful card advantage for you. You could easily replace Thopter Spy Network with the Thief and enjoy superb card advantage.
Examples of how good Notion Thief is:
I had a game a few weeks ago where I Entombed Notion Thief t1, and then untapped on turn 2 to cast Reanimate on him and Winds of Change after. Everyone shuffled their hands into their libraries, and I drew 22-24 cards. I then proceeded to win that same turn by playing Mox Diamond and Mana Crypt into Frantic Search, discarding Worldgorger Dragon and Snapcaster, which untapped my 2 lands and let me play Dance of the Dead to bring Worldgorger back and generate infinite mana (I believe I had Gemstone Mine on field). After making 1 septillion of each color, I reanimated Snapcaster instead and then cast and sacrificed Breya repeatedly to Bolt everyone to death.
Even without going all in on that kind of thing like I have, t3-t4 Notion Thief into t4-t5 Wheel of Fortune is still stupid good. Everyone gets Mind Twisted but you and you draw a huge number of cards in one turn, which means it's really, really hard for your opponents to break up your combos as they'll have nothing in hand.
I would recommend dropping Sphinx's Revelation for Windfall, and maybe one of the Daretti Walkers for Winds of Change, since they're powerfully disruptive, dig you to plenty of new cards, and when combined with Notion Thief would give you some of the greatest card advantage you can get in a 2 card combo in Commander.
Beyond that, I do love the look of the deck. I adore Rube-Goldberg Commander decks. That's what I did with my Ghave deck lol (which, you're probably not interested, but it's here: Ghave: Baby Makin' and Alimony).
2 weeks ago
Dude your list is almost Tier 1... though I can suggest a few cards...besides lands cause that's pretty obvious
Winds of Change Mind Stone Negate more bounce spells is really it. I guess more hate cards like Faerie Macabre. If you want to go so far you can even play some light stax pieces like Winter Orb though I doubt it will do much...
Its probably best for you to just race your opponents for the win...fast mana is just better than the hate cards available. Other than that all you really have left is graveyard hate...and cards like Planar Void are really bad for you.
2 weeks ago
Some other wheels you could consider adding: Reforge the Soul, Winds of Change, Wheel of Fortune, and Collective Defiance. Library of Leng will allow you to bypass the pesky discard effect many wheels have.
Teferi's Puzzle Box is another wheel effect, and will trigger a significant amount of damage per turn.
Thought Vessel provides both ramp and an unlimited hand size. Venser's Journal is another card to consider (though, I never find myself using it in my Nekusar deck, and probably should drop the thing--it comes out a bit too late and provides too little utility).