|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition||Rare|
|Return to Ravnica||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return target nonland permanent you don't control to its owner's hand.
Overload (You may cast this spell for its overload cost. If you do, change its text by replacing all instances of "target" with "each.")
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (48)||perrin515 , redlegs_17 , tragic_slip , NOGzFTW , maR2307 , Roadhog , Venser_the_Sojoner , Lindough , asceveris , RubyStrings , ChrisH , Poptartz95 , saj0219 , Dr_Jay , hippienproud , HR19 , jrschnoebelen , jaustinhowald , philktoken8998 , Nemesis , MoJoMiXuP , plof , mentor6 , Gabeph , Auriel , Brandamn , awalloftext , MonoRedBomb.Com , thetechzombie , golgarigirl , MattN7498 , miracle , Xikitten123 , ibraJG84 , ironax , kpral , davir , Justinaut , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , NostalgicAce , failurechild88 , robbnoble , switchkill65 , Big-Foot , abby315 , bakeraj4 , LTmiller , DruneGrey|
|Want (10)||Ariumlegion , pskinn01 , essex0619 , xpsychovampx , samuelianstorm , Fergernuggets , Jose_Arrogantio , LegendDeer , georgehades , Galdelonian|
Cyclonic Rift Discussion
1 day ago
I'm currently looking for upgrades for the Wizards precon deck, so this might help you.
- Panharmonicon only works if you have Inalla, Archmage Ritualist in battlefield, so it might provide only limited use.
- Mirror Gallery makes some of the precon legendary wizards playable, so you might want to look into that.
- Fatespinner might be an useful cheap wizard, though it doesn't provide any utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist, but it can be used for other wizard triggers.
- Dualcaster Mage Is pretty good card, which allows you to make 2 copies of an instant/sorcerry.
- Ashnod's Altar and Bloodline Necromancer makes infinite mana combo, so you might want to look into some good mana syncs, like Devil's Play.
- Vedalken Orrery and Leyline of Anticipation are pretty good, since it makes all your wizards instant speed and allows you to use bounce utility as counters.
- Cyclonic Rift and Vandalblast are some good board clear cards.
- Disciple of Bolas gives good utility with Inalla, Archmage Ritualist.
- Rite of Replication gives good utility with all ETB cards.
- Faerie Harbinger allows you to fish out Puppeteer Clique and Inspired Sprite, even better if you get Mistbind Clique.
- Trophy Mage allows you to fish out two artifacts, which might help you with mana fixing.
- Pit Keeper can give you 2 creatures from your graveyard.
- Aven Fogbringer can help you fight with players that have good ramp.
- Vedalken AEthermage worth it just for the wizardcycling.
- Gem of Becoming is always good choice for grixis deck.
3 days ago
One big problem with pillow fort: it's permanent based and when the permanents or even certain single permanents are gone, everything is ruined. Cyclonic Rift, Hurkyl's Recall or Rebuild are really bad for example.
In mardu you have not much to prevent your fort from being blown up as a whole and you can't do much about combo wins either (Ad Nauseam for example), so you should probably put some proactive control elements in the deck. Ethersworn Canonist, Trinisphere, Sphere of Resistance, Chains of Mephistopheles or Spirit of the Labyrinth...Smokestack and Tangle Wire would also do some nasty things
3 days ago
Hmm. Seems like a good base for an Atraxa Superfriends.
But you'd need more removal (not only creature), ramp and draw.
Ramp : Astral Cornucopia and Everflowing Chalice are all-stars in ramp (as said before), since they go up as the game goes on with Atraxa. Cultivate and Kodama's Reach helps out with color-fixing, but since you're not running basics... Farseek, Sylvan Scrying and Nature's Lore are better.
If you're not on a budget, Doubling Season.
Now, if you want advice on what to remove for those cards.
Enchantments : 7 cards.
1x Citadel Siege1x Dictate of Karametra1x Oath of Ajani1x Oath of Gideon1x Oath of Liliana1x Sandwurm Convergence1x Spreading Plague
Sorceries : 4 cards. (Trying to accelerate the deck by removing some 7+ CMC cards)
1x Deploy the Gatewatch1x Hallowed Burial1x Praetor's Counsel1x Primal Surge
Planeswalkers : 1 card.
1x Kiora, Master of the Depths (too creature-centric)
Creatures : 1 card.
1x Isperia, Supreme Judge (comes too late in the game)
You can switch as you like. Hope this advice can help!
1 week ago
Kindred Discovery decks you, full-stop. Unless you have lab maniac you lose instantly. I'd have to run tutors and such to make it worthwhile.
1 week ago
With the right cards Kindred Discovery could be amazing but it's either a win more or die kind of card. Have you had to deal with cards like worship? Ran into that last night when I was playing my locust deck. My only puts were Cyclonic Rift and Throne of the God-Pharaoh
1 week ago
Your deck seems specifically tuned to your meta so I am not sure how much my suggestions will help, but here are some things that you might consider.
Personally I feel that Rhystic Study is superior to Mystic Remora. You avoid cumulative upkeep cost, which for a controlling deck such as this seems important, and Rhystic Study triggers off all spells your opponents cast, not just non-creature spells.
I am not sure about your meta, but including Glacial Chasm to help stall until you assemble combo pieces is an option.
Lastly, I'd suggest a board wipe or two. I think Cyclonic Rift would be great here.
1 week ago
Thanks! As a broke college student myself, I try to help other people who don't have much money still be able to enjoy this game. Plus I always felt like the entire point of Commander was to have every game be a different experience and keep things fun, which staples kinda ruin for me. After the third Cyclonic Rift in one game, it really starts to get old.
Anyway, glad you like it
1 week ago
VexenX, thanks for checking out the deck. Yeah, draining is the usual win con in the end. It does this slowly by out-valuing opponents by stealing their dead creatures. I'm considering Dreamborn Muse. She looks like a great mill engine. I'm less sure about Undead Alchemist. I rarely attack with my creatures so I'm not sure that I'd get a lot of value with him.
Sikening, thanks for trying out the deck :) Two of the cards you mentioned are banned in my playgroup: Cyclonic Rift and Consecrated Sphinx. I'd play with them if they weren't banned though. I had previously tried Grave Pact and the other edict effects. They were ok but I found I'm not running enough sac outlets to make them activate consistently. I found targeted removal or boardwipes to be more useful in here. If you love them though, they certainly on theme with the control direction of the deck.
Notion Thief, Necropotence, and Rhystic Study are all great cards that I use in different decks. I just wanted to run different card advanatage effects in here and find milling to be a very effect pseudo card draw that fuels the Scarab God.
I personally wouldn't do Nightveil Specter since it's an attack trigger. I find I rarely attack with my creatures. That's why I like Gonti. Similar effect but triggers at ETB.