|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions||Mythic Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever a nonartifact permanent enters the battlefield under your control, you may return another permanent you control that shares a permanent type with it to its owner's hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Cloudstone Curio Discussion
9 hours ago
I see Karametra being great at pumping out a lot of little dudes instead of big dudes, looks like you're trying to mimic Xenagos play.
I would consider :
- Rude Awakening
- Bow of Nylea
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Fierce Empath
- Craterhoof Behemoth
- Ondu Giant
And remove :
- Steel Hellkite (nonbo)
- Wurmcoil Engine (nonbo)
- Serra Avatar (not really a lifegain deck)
- Soul's Majesty
- Momentous Fall
- Rishkar's Expertise
- Genesis Wave (nonbo)
Non-Budget Adds :
1 day ago
I like Krark-Clan Ironworks but I don't think I have enough artifacts to take advantage.
Yawgmoth's Will exiles everything that hits the yard after it is cast. All the combos in my current list utilize the graveyard. I could circumvent that a bit if I added Cloudstone Curio. I don't think it is good enough in this build.
2 days ago
Once you have Paradox Engine and several mana rocks out, Cloudstone Curio and a couple cheap creatures can get you infinite mana. Alternatively, Erratic Portal and one cheap creature along with the engine and rocks.
3 days ago
Even before reading the comments I was thinking ANIMARRR! By far my favorite commander. Been rocking the elemental for over four years now and it never gets old.
Yes you can do combo things with him via Cloudstone Curio or Ancestral Statue... but you don't have to. I just love dropping Animar, Soul of Elements turns 2 or 3, then use Shrieking Drake, Dream Stalker, or Man-o'-War to build up +1/+1 counters, then drop heat turns 4+
I would suggest with an aggro deck not dumping your whole hand onto the field as fast as possible. You're opening up yourself to a boardwipe gone bad. Been there, done that
I also built a Doran, the Siege Tower deck for my fiance, and it's fun fosho. I went heavy on the boardwipes and control aspect, but even as a midrange deck it can outpace a lot of other aggro decks.
The other deck I built her is Aurelia, the Warleader. is hard; with minimal options for ramp and card advantage. Aurelia is super fun though. She's still very relevant even after she costs 10+ mana to play
Another aggro deck I have is Omnath, Locus of Rage. He takes advantage of something you're already doing in edh: ramping!
Have fun and good luck!
1 week ago
1 week ago
Since you're already running the Cobolds, may i suggest Cloudstone Curio. Pretty nice little combo with perhaps Purphoros. And generally for getting extra value out of otherwise one shot ETB effects
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
2 weeks ago
Cloudstone Curio is a fun consideration. with some great ETB shenanigans possible.
Tireless Tracker if you want somewhere to dump mana to draw cards
And a personal favorite of mine from a great cycle of cards: Words of Wilding is a place to dump some mana, avoid over drawing and get some bodies as well very fun card.