|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Future Sight (FUT)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Counter target spell. If the spell is countered this way, remove it from the game with three time counters on it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. (At the beginning of its owner's upkeep, remove a counter from that card. When the last is removed, the player plays it without paying its mana cost. If it's a creature, it has haste.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
13 hours ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
2 weeks ago
em ni gr zz y, there's a whole section on the mana base... But basically, if you want to use the WGD combo then you lands that don't ETB tapped and don't hurt you when you tap for colors. The duals kinda go with the WGD.
Bazaar, on the other hand, is pretty marginal. I like it, but it's one of the weaker cards in the deck. Feel free to replace with any other good spell you want to use. Like, Angel's Grace, if you want to continue on with the last comment, or more interaction. Maybe Delay.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for the suggestions on my Atraxa list. Wanted to return the favor.
I love Big Blue. It's cool to see a Teferi list that goes all-in on that theme rather than abusing the untap effect with all the Stax cards (which, I'll admit, is what I did). Also love seeing Dismiss Into Dream. One of my favorite cards that seems to rarely find a home.
A couple options you might consider:
- With the number of available mana rocks, Paradox Engine is probably really strong here. At worst, it'll let you leave mana open after casting one of your big creatures to hold up counters or other effects. It can also let you get more value out of Endbringer and it gives all of your creatures pseudo-vigilance.
- It's a bit pricey, but if Gilded Lotus is in your budget, it's makes it a lot easier to chain colored spells with Paradox Engine. Worst case, just throwing in a Commander's Sphere might not be a bad option (it only taps for 1, but at least it can cantrip, and it's colored mana).
- Since you have a lot of bounce effects Capsize might be a good option. Sadly, it's a nonbo with Dismiss into Dream, but with a bunch of mana rocks, it can just win the game on the spot with Paradox Engine.
- Another possible buyback card is Whispers of the Muse. While it's 6 mana to draw a card, the fact that it's instant speed makes it really flexible, and it can draw your whole deck with Paradox Engine.
- Any buyback card that you can go infinite on with Paradox Engine also just wins the game immediately with Endbringer as well.
- Other options for bounce are Time Elemental and Temporal Adept. They also both synergize nicely with Dismiss into Dream for repeatable removal.
- Psychic Rebuttal and Delay both seem pretty situational. You might consider just Counterspell or things like Swan Song or Arcane Denial for low-cost counters.
Some possible cuts:
- Hedron Matrix seems marginal. It's a big P/T boost, but if you're throwing it on something that can be chumped anyway, it doesn't do a lot. If you really want equipment, something like Loxodon Warhammer to give your big guys trample and gain all the life or maybe Blade of Selves to really smash the table. But you probably have enough control and beef that equipment is just not doing much for you.
- Ghostform getting 2 creatures through once may not be enough. If you're looking for evasion, maybe Thassa, God of the Sea is an option? Also helps filter your deck, although she'd almost never be a creature in this deck. It may be correct to just lean on the Rogue's Passage.
- Skittering Invasion seems like it's not likely to do much very often. If you have the mana to cast it, you had at least 6 mana to cast Teferi, at which point you probably just want to cast something big.
- Salvage Drone is a really small effect, even for 1 mana.
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
What do you think about adding these four cards:
I played the deck today. The Dualcaster Mage+ Rite of Replication + Inalla's trigger seems slow to get to eight mana. Mana Vault and Mox Diamond speed us up and fuel Paradox Engine. Mystic Remora seems better than Merchant of Secrets. I am still at 26 wizards.
1 month ago
1 month ago
While I definitely like Jhoira and all the shenanigans and mana-cheating she can allow, I'm not quite sure I see a theme for the deck as a whole. Is it a spell deck that tries to suspend multiple spells at a time for a Storm-like explosive turn later on? An engine for cheating out the Eldrazi titans? I think you need to define and narrow your focus a little.
-1 Oblivion Sower I just feel like there's no support for his ability here as it is, and you have no other processors, so he just seems like a vanilla fatty with a mill clause.
-1 Twisted Image & -1 Pyroblast These just seem to be serving the purpose of less efficient removal spells or incredibly conditional counters. It's all up to your meta/playgroup, but I think you already have better options.
-1 Sphinx's Tutelage I haven't played with this card, but I don't really see a reason for you to include a mill card in here.
Clockspinning, Fury Charm, Rift Elemental, Timecrafting, Delay All these cards would let you mess around with both your own suspended cards and other's, allowing you to craft the perfectly timed turn.
Firemind's Foresight Lets you search for the perfect instant-speed options, AT INSTANT SPEED!
Hope this helps, and good luck!