|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Common|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Common|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Common|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Common|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield tapped.
When Bojuka Bog enters the battlefield, exile all cards from target player's graveyard.
: Gain .
|Have (4)||zach353 , , Mortiferus_Rosa , Regulus1010|
|Want (15)||insaino , brokendwarf , AzaraeltheEbonshard , analthunder , SubstantialBox , Kaslay , blork , Koalatoucher , RDB1989 , hendkyl , FlavorPolice , Mazzuno , kumakaori , theleach , Daddy1ong1egs13|
Bojuka Bog Discussion
2 days ago
Other people's recursion targets. It's not like Muldrotha is currently the most popular commander in the format. Do you also not play Bojuka Bog ?
Really dude. From your commedts on Rediit you're running Mairsil as a discard deck. You aren't qualified to be giving advice.
4 days ago
I would add cards that give you advantage through all the sacrificing and creature removal you have going on. Dark Prophecy would be my first add, and you might be able to pretty easily trade for a $3 Midnight Reaper , being from a currently printed set, and if Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are too pricey, Butcher of Malakir and Grim Haruspex could be good substitutes, especially since you have the means to reanimate him after a wrath. Black Market is a pretty unique effect, although Revel in Riches is a good win-con, if not as powerful on the mana-source side.
I would also look into adding Bojuka Bog . You might also want a little mill to speed things up, since you're light on win conditions. Dread Summons is a good late-game punch, while Ghoulcaller's Bell could be a good turn-1 play for a deck without a lot of early plays. It That Betrays could be a good win condition, too, if you're forcing sacrifices.
As for cuts, I don't think you have enough demons to consistently turn on Mark of the Oni . I would reconsider Ashes to Ashes , since you want reanimation targets, not to exile creatures. Mortuary Mire is a little weird, since you like to play things on the cheap from the yard, if anything, it's working backwards against what your deck wants to be doing. Wanderer's Twig and Traveler's Amulet . I feel like I'm missing something, but it makes no sense to me. Armillary Sphere , less so, but I would run Myriad Landscape and Isolated Watchtower first.
4 days ago
Eternal Witness , Green Sun's Zenith , and Chord of Calling definitely have a place here (and ignore those that say E-Wit is overrated: your commander gives you the necessary reanimation outlet to bring it back, and your deck should be well tuned to sacrifice it for value). I'd also strongly recommend Reclamation Sage for similar reasons: mana rocks and enchantments are really good in this format.
Board wipes would be nice here. It's not like you don't have reanimation.
Bojuka Bog also belongs here.
Things that don't spark joy:
- Dark Ritual : you're not a fast combo deck. It doesn't really belong.
- The Eldest Reborn : Any normal Edict is probably better, you've got a great reanimation package already, and there are better ways of forcing discard. It's kind of win-more.
- Golgari Findbroker : E-Wit is strictly better.
- Wall of Blossoms : There are better card draw permanents in Green.
5 days ago
Some cards to consider:
- Bojuka Bog : A must include in any black commander deck.
- Boneknitter : Utility, simple as that.
- Corpse Harvester : Out with the old, in with the new... and a swamp!
- Cryptbreaker : So much value in such a small package. Token generating, card draw, good in the early and late game... what is not to love about this card!
- Death Baron : A zombie lord with some extra punch Sure he doesn't get deathtouch himself, but all those 2/2 tokens that are now 3/3 deathtouch.
- Dread Summons : Ever seen those zombie movies with that big hoard that just keeps coming... that's this card. Gives you a bunch of tokens, and recursion bait for your commander.
- Endless Ranks of the Dead : Card title kind of says it all for this one. Obviously not the best in metas with wrath effects coming down every turn, but shines like a copper penny otherwise.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa : So take one creature, throw it under the bus, and get more...
- Grave Titan : Why this thing isn't a zombie I will never know. 6/6 for 6, deathtouch, and brings two friends with it AND when it attacks.
- Graveborn Muse : Card draw based on zombies, who is also a zombie!
- Infernal Caretaker : Mass recursion, either play them out, or discard them back for more effects.
- Liliana, Death's Majesty : Just an all around strong zombie planeswalker.
- Liliana's Mastery : Zombies + an anthem that won't be a big target for removal.
- Lord of the Undead : A low to the ground zombie lord with recursion on a stick.
- Noxious Ghoul : Sweeps out low toughness cards for things you're already doing. Just great value.
- Relentless Dead : A great early drop, and late game it serves as a sac target + recursion.
- Shepherd of Rot : Yes it hits you, but this can be such a major threat.
- Undead Warchief : Cheaper zombies, and bigger zombies. All in one convenient package.
- Awaken the Erstwhile : Disruption, plain and simple. Sure it hurts your hand too, but you are the one with all the zombie based anthems.
- Victim of Night : Doomblade 2.0, but hits black creatures.
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier : You'll have so many tokens kicking around to exploit that she's just a straight tutor, and if she ever hits the graveyard just use her again with Scarab God.
- Fleshbag Marauder : Hurts them a lot more than you, and enter the battlefield abilities are great with Scarab around.
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight : Solid 4/5 Menace for 4, got the extra 6 mana though and he brings friends who also have menace.
- Wonder : Flying zombies... yep, that's scary.
- Pull from Tomorrow : Nice draw on an instant with the added benefit to pitch something for Scarab to target.
- Price of Fame : Legendary killer + Surveil 2... love it.
- Sinister Sabotage : Counterspell + Surveil... love it too.
- Paradox Haze : You've got a couple effects that trigger on upkeep, why not double up?
- The deck currently seems to be going in two directions, you have a large zombie theme which I love, but you also have a minor mill theme which seems out of place.
- Advanced Stitchwing : Slow for what it gives, even on the bounce back it comes back tapped.
- Apprentice Necromancer : This is one I'm on the fence suggesting, it's a one use for one turn only.
- Grimgrin, Corpse-Born : This guy is beast, but he works best in a deck build around him.
- Lamplighter of Selhoff : Slow, for his effect.
- Merciless Eternal : He's not bad, just a lot better things to include in the 3 cost bracket.
- Phenax, God of Deception : Love this guy, really do, but he's out of place here because he's a mill guy who loves big butts.
- Relentless Skaabs : This guy does everything you don't want as he hurts your graveyard in order to even hit play.
- Servant of Tymaret : Slow with high cost. In order to make the best use of him you have to be attacking, and if the way isn't clear that means a 3 mana tax just for 1 life on each opponent.
- Spiteful Returned : Don't hate it, but better things out there.
- Stitchwing Skaab : Suffers from the same as Advanced Stitchwing.
- Undead Alchemist : This guy can go either way, but the way I look at him is generally people have more cards in their decks than life, so it's easier to take out their life.
- Vindictive Lich : This guy is fun, though for his cost there is a lot more out there.
- Exotic Orchard : Risky unless you know your playgroup always has one of your colors, otherwise it's just a colorless and a swamp or island would be just as good.
- Leechridden Swamp : Slows you down for a minor effect.
- Path of Ancestry : Phenax is the only other god creature, so even if you keep him in it's very slow for the benefit it probably will never get the chance to give.
- Coat of Arms : I love this card, I really do, but it's a calculated risk and I find zombies are usually too slow of it. Run up against a goblin or elf deck and this will do more for your opponent.
- Mindcrank : This is another I'm on the fence with as it pairs really well with Scarab.
- Vanquisher's Banner : Good card, though you're not casting all those tokens so you're only getting a bit of a benefit from it.
- Liliana Vess : Good card, out of place in this deck unless you are going heavier into the mill.
- Ob Nixilis Reignited : Just completely out of place for zombie tribal.
- Glimpse the Unthinkable : One of those mill cards, it suffers as a one of.
- Rise from the Grave : Expensive for effect.
- Ruthless Disposal : This isn't bad in this deck, but compared to Morbid Slip for example it lacks that added shine.
- Curse of Disturbance : So much politics, this is VERY meta dependent as to if players fall for the bait.
- Quest for the Gravelord : This can work out, but more often then not stuff isn't dying fast enough or it just gets pinged with early removal.
- Search for Azcanta Flip: More at home in a non-creature strategy.
- Torment of Scarabs : Most people can play around this with not too much fuss, and it gives all the choice to them. I'd prefer some targeted removal.
1 week ago
On the top of my head I would say : - Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger , always nice to have with Pathbreaker Ibex on the board. - Doomgape is also fun with Pathbreaker Ibex - Bojuka Bog instead of Golgari Rot Farm without hesitation - as an autoiclude Creakwood Liege - maybe Savra, Queen of the Golgari for more sac value
1 week ago
Hi guys, i'm an old school MtG player who got on MTGO for the first time 4 days ago. I've only played Mono Black in a casual format until now, so i'm not an expert.
I've chosen to play the Pauer format on MTGO and i've started with a UB Teachings... this is my Decklist:
INSTANT: 1x Dispel 1x Disfigure 1x Tragic Slip 4x Counterspell 1x Deprive 2x Essence Scatter 1x Doom Blade 1x Diabolic Edict 3x Think Twice 1x Soul Manipulation 3x Forbidden Alchemy 1x Mystical Teachings
I've got more losses than wins (probably mostly due to the fact the i'm new to this type of deck) but i'm wondering if you guys have some tips for maximize my chances to win consedering the actual meta in pauper.
I'm not playing in tournaments right now.
I'VE GOT A BUDGET OF 5 TIX TO SPEND FOR THE POWER UPS!
Thanks in advice!!
1 week ago
Deck looks sweet :D Not sure about Bojuka Bog , but it is cool that it can be tutored with Tolaria West ... has that interaction proved useful? What do you think of running one more Tolaria West instead?
Also reckon another Cryptic Command wouldn't hurt if you can find the space... it's just so good...
I'm currently running mono red end but i'd be keen to work towards something like this list, looks really fun
1 week ago
Which precon do you own? By knowing that people will he able to help better.
Like said above the mana base is the first thing to address, as it allows you play your cards. Remove most comes into play tapped lands that don't have a big upside. , Bojuka Bog (if you play black) is one to consider keeping/getting that comes into play tapped if you have an opponent who uses their graveyard. But lands are not the only thing to consider when talking about mana base. Artifact ramp, and other spells that put lands into play from library are good also. As well as creatures that produce mana, but these are mainly in green.
Also knowing how the judah deck operates will help also. Is it a tribal deck (a bunch of wizards), a good stuff deck (just good cards from each color), a combo deck ( does he just win on one turn by playing an infinite combo), or a storm deck (where he just keeps casting a bunch of spells in a row that wins the game). Each type requires different response cards to stop him.
Bojuka Bog occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.42%
All decks: 0.11%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.22%
U/B (Dimir): 2.06%
W/B (Orzhov): 1.04%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.82%
BRG (Jund): 2.22%
BGW (Abzan, Junk): 2.62%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.94%
BUG (Sultai): 1.14%
RBW (Mardu): 1.05%