|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt by target attacking creature this turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||Vasbear1 , gildan_bladeborn , MagnaAura , CampbellStev , miracle|
|Want (7)||Mrbiscuit22 , TheAlmostHero , mlouden03 , Turtlelover73 , fireborne1986 , Qolorful , rakdos24|
Kor Haven Discussion
1 month ago
General recommendations: Cradle of Vitality, Serra Avatar, Sunscorch Regent, Archangel of Thune, Austere Command, Ranger of Eos, Gift of Estates, Miren, the Moaning Well, Return to Dust, Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant, Sunbond, Resplendent Mentor, Comeuppance, Gilded Lotus, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Phyrexian Processor
Maybe Atalya, Samite Master as the commander if yours doesn't feel good.
Graveyard control Rest in Peace, Ashes of the Abhorrent
Azor's Gateway for the infinite mana you don't need lol
2 months ago
2 months ago
These are my suggestions on what cards to cut. Feel free to agree or disagree:
Most artifacts in the deck are not worth tutoring/reproducing. In the case of Tezzeret, your mana rocks should be on the field to cast him, not the other way around. The ship's navigator is slow and is better replaced by high greater utility graveyard effects such as Regrowth. You will never win with Mechanized Production and there are both better copy effects out there and no need to use them in this deck. Norn's Annex, Contagion Engine and Contagion Clasp are the only reasonable target in the deck. Mana rocks are better off having more variants of the same thing then this card, Tangle Wire will screw you over, and it doesn't interact with Darksteel Reactor.
Debtors' Knell - This is a 7 costing card. The objective of the deck is to cheat out a biggy by T3,4,5. At this turn, you should either be hard casting the creature or refreshing your hand for another reanimate combo.Noxious Revival - EDH is a slower format and therefore rewards higher impact effects. This card gives you one card after one turn. In contrast, you could be running a more impactful card like Seasons Past. It can give you 10 cards for cost 5.Time Warp - Taking extra turns is cool, but it doesn't fit with the playstyle of your deck. You don't ramp hard enough to gain benefit from its effect and it has negative synergies with cards such as Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur. At worst it is Explore and at best Atraxa, Praetors' Voice gets to proliferate twice.
2 months ago
Here's a bunch of budget stuff I don't see mentioned
Cultivator's Caravan - Taps for Comes in untapped Draw a card
Prowler's Helm - Unblockable
Semblance Anvil - Mana Fix
Oketra's Monument - Mana Fix
Inspiring Statuary - Mana Fix
Relic Seeker - Tutor
Ogre's Cleaver - Damage
Inventors' Fair - Tutor
Mass Calcify - Removal
Karoo - Land
Ring of Evos Isle - Hexproof, costs mana but its more budget hexproof
3 months ago
Looks like a good start. I'll do my best to suggest older cards but most of the cards from portal 3 kingdoms where liu is from are either bad or super expensive due to its very limited print run in english. Here are a few initial thoughts:
I think the weak spot of the deck right now is card draw. EDH games tend to go on a lot longer than other formats. This means that you will soon run out gas in hand and be reliant on topdecks. White unfortunately has the weakest card draw/section of the 5 colors so your options are a bit limited. Mentor of the Meek is borderline as to if you should run it since with that card you want a lot of 2 or less power creatures. In terms of artifacts, The Immortal Sun, Staff of Nin and Mind's Eye can help. It has the potential to backfire really hard but if you are wanting older cards you could try Pursuit of Knowledge but it's really bad if they destroy it after you've skeipped a couple draw steps.
If you wanted to boost your commander, the cards he mentions are Guan Yu, Sainted Warrior and Zhang Fei, Fierce Warrior. If you don't have either in play, guan has better stats and is arguably a better commander than liu as he's more consistent.Thalia's Lancers can help liu find his missing buddies as well as several other cards in the deck. (worth noting it doesnt just find creatures so it could also find the imortal sun or a land like Eiganjo Castle or Kor Haven if needed.
Right now i think a lot of your games will be won off of smacking them a few times with yor commander and dealing lethal (21) commander damage. This archetype is called voltron. If you're planning on going down this route, Inquisitor's Flail, Fireshrieker, Strata Scythe and Battle Mastery among many others can help speed up the clock. If you go for this route, i'd recomend adding more mana accelerants to the deck to get liu out before turn 5
I'd also probably cut lifelink, i don't think it does enough for you here without much in the way of life gain synergy. Archagel of thune likewise isn't super synergistic but atleast she both gains life and rewards you for doing so on the same card.
3 months ago
I've got everything except:
on Oloro Stuff
3 months ago
- Chalice of Life Flip: Isn't the worst card in Oloro, but isn't all that reliable either.
- Darksteel Plate: I've seen you play this card a bunch of times, and most of the time it just sits there, all menacingly. Problem is - your deck doesn't plan to use creatures often, so the plate also won't be used either.
- Dreamstone Hedron: Ramp is great, but expensive ones that produce colorless mana can be iffy since they're often easy targets right after you play them. Gilded Lotus can at least let you cast counterspells after you tap all your lands to play it.
- Orzhov Keyrune: This one is just personal preference from me. I don't like 3 mana artifact ramp most of the time. (Chromatic Lantern and Darksteel Ingot are much better) It's up to you if you wanna take it out or not.
- Sun Droplet: This card is very slow and you could easily replace it with something better.
- Subversion: It may seem like a decent drain effect, but it's not that great since it's 5 mana and makes you wait til your next upkeep before it does anything.
- Thought Reflection: Decent card, but 7 mana is pretty costly. Up to you if you wanna keep it.
- Celestial Force: It's nice to instantly gain life each upkeep, but 8 mana for basically just a vanilla creature otherwise isn't really good.
- Pontiff of Blight: Extort is nice for your deck, but your deck doesn't have many creatures to take advantage of the pontiff. Up to you if you wanna keep this guy if you wanna add more creatures.
- Skirge Familiar: I think this card would be a lot better if your deck was more combo focused.
- Azorius Chancery: These types of lands will flat out screw you over if they get destroyed or Blood Mooned.
Cards you definitely should add (won't cost you a whole lot):
- Crested Sunmare: Easily synergizes with Oloro and provides very solid creatures for defensive/offensive plays.
- Aetherflux Reservoir: The win condition you've been looking for. It's a pretty funny card honestly, but works very well with Oloro once you get him going.
- Alhammarret's Archive: Simply synergizes well with Oloro.
- Felidar Sovereign: Not sure how the others would feel about alternative win conditions, but if everyone' okay with it, this guy can most likely win you some games.
- Karlov of the Ghost Council: An awesome card. Can help control the board or becomes a big body to swing with.
- Delay, Counterspell, Swan Song, Negate: Good, cheap counterspells you should at least be running.
- Sphinx's Revelation: Put that ramping to good use.
- Anguished Unmaking, Cyclonic Rift: Must-have control instants.
- Supreme Verdict, Merciless Eviction, Fumigate: Excellent board wipes to go with Oloro.
- Clever Impersonator: This guy's incredibly flexible and can be useful in just about any situation.
- Mana Confluence: Almost exactly another copy of City of Brass.
- Temple of Enlightenment, Temple of Silence, Temple of Deceit: These will make your mana base a tad bit more consistent while helping you a bit with your next draw as well.
- Diabolic Tutor/Dark Petition/more tutors: Your deck would be more consistent if it had more tutors.
- Brainstorm: Generally a good blue card to manipulate your deck/hand a bit at an instant.
Suggestions (Some are costly, but very worth it for Oloro):
- Grave Titan: Just a powerhouse in general. Just like Crested Sunmare, Grave Titan will give you excellent battlefield presence.
- Whip of Erebos: If you do add more creatures like Grave Titan, this card can be very good for your life gain strategy.
- Sun Titan: One of my favorites. Can grab back some useful stuff, even land.
- Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant, Suture Priest, Auriok Champion: The soul sisters. You shouldn't include all of them at once though. Just keep them in mind since they're good against creature-heavy decks.
- Consecrated Sphinx: Costly, but worth.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation: Punishes spell-slinging decks, and generally nice if he sticks around.
- Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim: She can be good if you can keep your life total high enough.
- Sanguine Sacrament: Pretty nice for the deck's game plan at instant speed.
- Demonic Tutor: Arguably the best tutor you can find, but the price tag will probably turn you away. But... Greatness, at any cost.. Right?
- Enlightened Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor: Excellent tutors, but expensive (although Mystical Tutor is only around $5; not a whole lot compared to Vampiric Tutor).- Austere Command: Another one of my favorites. Very flexible, and doesn't cost a whole lot either.
- Torment of Hailfire: This card will probably make everyone hate you, but it's a fantastic card nonetheless.
- Leyline of Anticipation: One of the best blue enchantments in my opinion. Allows you to intimidate everyone just by playing a land on your turn.
- Crawlspace: Good against creature-heavy decks.
- Talisman of Dominance, Talisman of Progress, Fellwar Stone: Some decent and cheap mana rocks if you want more ramp.
- Decree of Pain: A good tempo swing in your favor if there are a ton of creatures in play. Kinda costly to play though.
- Hallowed Fountain, Godless Shrine, Watery Grave: Shock lands. Excellent at increasing consistency with mana bases. They're even better with the Fetch lands. All of these lands are very costly though.
- Flooded Plains, Marsh Flats, Polluted Delta: Example Fetch lands you could use.
- Ponder, Preordain: Cheap cantrips for a little more consistency.
- Maze of Ith, Kor Haven: Decent control lands.
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers: Generates a ton of mana if you get them together.
- Expedition Map: Can help getting the above lands or any land you need.
- Crypt Ghast: Synergizes very well with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, but is overall decent for your deck.
That's all I can think of for now. I can post more for you if I think of anything else.