|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Heroes vs. Monsters (DDL)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Uncommon|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Uncommon|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Uncommon|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Uncommon|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Uncommon|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Return target card from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (15)||ZombieFood , Roadhog , Kvothe1115 , Qolorful , TheRealPeaches , Joblaska , admizell , Mortiferus_Rosa , rikertchu , scare983 , No1HanSolo , mziter501 , MoJoMiXuP , mycheze , jhTheMan99|
|Want (33)||kovellen , MADMatt7777 , buildingadeck , marsp44 , B0effe , 1337_Nerd , DanielSharum , XVicarious , hmhlund , esono , RoninH3RO , Supremespeed , mango_channel , sleepy104 , MementoMuffin , Funi1234 , Liquicitizen , sne , kvfd1719 , ryuzaki32667 , karanak40k , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , CastleSiege , Flaktastick , obitus , Syram , Victorp99 , Kupinoodle , TonyD , TheFanatic , AgentCrazyDiamond , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , diestoremoval|
1 day ago
Hi, this is a pretty cool list to work with. I believe that you want to splash blue to use the new enchantress. The cuts I would suggest is:
2 days ago
Xantid is in there to battle fogs, Cyclonic Rift, and counters. But yeah. They could play it in response to the trigger, just none of my friends have figured that out yet. Lol, but it might be a good choice for crop rotation.
Runic Armasaur is one of those I'm testing and I think I'm gonna cut it. One whole night of playing and I didn't get one card from it.
Regrowth I'm keeping because I'm trying to keep a lot of recursion as my permanents are always major targets for removal, but I'm considering dropping Mimic Vat, I haven't been using it much lately and I think one of your suggestions will work towards my game plan better at this point.
2 days ago
For potential cuts, your deck seems tuned (to your meta anyways). Potential cuts are as follows from most likely to cut to least likely...
Xantid Swarm - Replacing utility for card draw. Couldnt they just play their spell before you attack? Unless it's specifically a counterspell you're worried about, I don't understand his place in the deck. Anti-blue and helps against fiers? If you hate blue, keep it. Otherwise, I think it's better to improve your deck rather than potentially must up 1 of the 5 colors in specific situation.
Runic Armasaur- Replacing continous card draw for bust card draw. Rather than relying upon your opponents for card draw, why not just add a card that you know will give you a bunch of cards now rather than one that might give you incremental advantage (assuming he lives). Test him out I suppose and see how he plays.
Regrowth - Replacing recursion for card draw. Recursion is always nice. Depends on the amount of grave hate in the meta (there is a fair amount in mine).
I agree with most of what you said above, and I did forget about staff. That being said, I still think that rude awakening can do some serious work. I say it's at least worth testing it out
1 week ago
Also I would highly recommend Greater Auramancy if your budget allows. An extra shroud effect is fantastic. You'll probably also need some form of protection and recursion cos trust me, the table would for sure destroy some of your important enchantments during the game. Bane of Progress and Reclamation Sage is common in my pod. Regrowth is a good and cheap card after its reprinting. How about boardwipes? I think you need at least one or two to keep the board from going out of control to overrun you. Propaganda effects can't stop them from killing you later in the game and if they remove it you're basically screwed.
3 weeks ago
This seems fun. Here are some thoughts that perhaps didn't hurt:
- Maybe try Privileged Position as another protection card. The fact that it gives all of your other permanents hexproof means that you can tick up your planeswalkers in (relative) peace.
- With Battlebond, there's now Arena Rector that gives you bonus planeswalker tutoring when it dies (which shouldn't be too hard to do).
- Land-wise, I would very highly recommend some more multiple mana lands. In EDH, Ancient Tomb and Temple of the False God are quite common for acceleration, and you don't have a lot of color intensive mana requirements. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth can help a bit with fixing, and City of Brass is the classic make-all-colors land.
- Regrowth is also a good recovery card. Maybe also Commit, Day's Undoing, or, my favorite, Time Spiral are good to reset your hand if you run low on gas.
4 weeks ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
4 weeks ago
Hi, came here from FB.
Hmmm. I don't see the forest for the trees, so to speak: what is the Purpose of this deck? Is it to assemble Basalt Monolith/Rings of Brighthearth combo, and sink the mana into Thrasios? A well-worn path, but not a bad one ;)
In terms of single-card changes: I'd run Mana Confluence over one of your lands (probably Cinder Glade). You're missing Vampiric Tutor, and I'd absolutely run Beast Within before I ran Chaos Warp (unless there's a LOT of indestructible stuff running around in your meta). I'd run Coalition Relic over Commander's Sphere (6-drops on T4 are AWESOME), Toxic Deluge over Damnation, Regrowth over Volcanic Vision, and a Mana Crypt over... most about anything TBH. If you have the money, Mana Drain is a strictly better Counterspell - though I'd probably cut Arcane Denial instead. I'm not confident in hitting the mana cost for Cruel Ultimatum, and I feel that slot could be better used by something else. Finally, I'd look into getting more draw and tutors in the deck, because I feel you'll run out of cards quickly.
Hope this helps!
1 month ago
You're kinda light on Ramp and card draw. I tend to want something like 6-9 pieces ramp and 4-7 pieces card draw. Kodama's Reach, Cultivate and all on the on color signets I'd recommend for ramp. And Treasure Cruise; Fact or Fiction, and it's cousin Sphinx of Uthuun; and Read the Bones I would consider for card advantage. Maybe something like Regrowth too.
I feel like Rise from the Grave and Rakshasa's Disdain are subpar versions of better cards. Like why not run Counterspell or Logic Knot or Delay or Disallow or... you get the idea. Yawgmoth's Vile Offering could be a spicy edition to this deck over rise. I'll also agree with the comment above and say Diabolic Servitude is great.
Seasons Past could be really really good but it depends on your meta. The deck indicates that you probably want one but if you have a faster meta, probably pass on it.
If it were me, I'd probably cut Grimoire of the Dead (Very slow), Ghoultree (Not really synergistic), Sultai Ascendancy, (It's not a great card advantage engine or graveyard filler), Boneyard Wurm, (Chumped all day long) Altar of the Brood, (My guess would be you'll never win by milling your opponents out), Witchbane Orb, (I doubt it's gonna come up, all that often), and Rise and distain as I mentioned above.
Cool deck. Hopefully any of that was useful.