|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Legendary Creature — Sliver
Sliver creatures you control have indestructible. (Damage and effects that say "destroy" don't destroy them.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||bradyofportdetroit , warcry02 , CoolBeansBrattah , xXThormentXx , FoamEagle , Njc12345 , Justinaut , Yawkcorb , Mousemke , , Riku580 , dplerner , zachi , mziter501 , a_murpheus , AcidZephyr , geazykagar , slemulv , Venser_the_Sojoner|
|Want (12)||Turtlelover73 , talonmcshay , Killer_Tofu , terrykyg , DeifiedExile , Tmanator , McHootz , jmunda , mlouden03 , Rexlcon , Omen124 , Novastinger|
Sliver Hivelord Discussion
2 days ago
The cards you reccommended are very useful and I will add them to my deck but:
Living Death isn't really good in this deck: it's supposed to protect your deck after a major wipe or attack, but because the chances of you getting Sliver Hivelord are fairly big with overlord, I don't really see the use of this card as a lot of removal against this deck will be exile.
Mana Echoes gives generic mana, which is not put to good use in a deck that needs more coloured mana than anything else.
Crib Swap will give my oppponents slivers, which will be buffed by my global slivers.
Thanks for all the other reccomendations, they will be out to good use!
1 week ago
Hmm...so this is a pet peeve of mine so take it worth a grain of salt but -always make your deck description as detailed as possible. As I'm looking at your deck and what you wrote here my only guess is that your game plan is to swing wide, and swing often. However, your deck doesn't seem to exactly have alot of focus to that end. You include some slivers with parasitic mechanics and/or (in my opinion) don't function well when there is only a "one of":
These Slivers are bad inclusions in an EDH deck because their abilities don't have much direct interaction with the other creatures in your deck. Additionally, when there is only one copy of them out on the battlefield their presence doesn't really make much of an impact - case in point Frenzy Sliver. With only one in play, your Slivers will only deal +1/+0 if they get through. That's it. If you had 4, that changes dramatically to +4/+0 - forcing the opponent to always block if possible. Can you honestly say that there is a situation where you would want to tutor for one of the previously mentioned creatures? Again, this is all my own opinion - but I would cut these Slivers for additional spells or permanents that could support you, but more on that later.
The inclusion of non-slivers is a bad choice given your commander. Overlord is designed to enable you to tutor for whatever answer you need. If that answer isn't a Sliver and is a creature - then what's the point of having Overlord as your commander? Speaking of lack of inclusions - why not have Amoeboid Changeling? It's a Sliver, and it interacts directly with Overlord's 2nd ability enabling you to steal enemy commanders. That's more of a control oriented play, but is a Overlord staple.
I'm starting to think that maybe you should swap out commanders for ether Sliver Hivelord or Sliver Legion. Your deck, as it is currently built seems to support a more aggro playstyle - which is completely viable within Slivers. Including the previously mentioned, I would cut the following cards:
- Reflex Sliver - This is an exceptionally horrible card. Never use this. Ever.
- Spitting Sliver - This is also an awful card.
- Hunter Sliver - This card is only relevant if you have both Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
- Belligerent Sliver - Menace is okay, but the more CMC efficient version is Two-Headed Sliver. Again in my opinion, this is only relevant with Striking/Bonescythe Sliver + Venom Sliver OR Sliver Legion on the board.
Now, what cards do I think you could use?:
- Aphetto Dredging - Another possible (and budget!) option for recursion.
- Shared Animosity - Feels like more of a "win more" card, but it's a one sided aggro Coat of Arms. Worth trying in my book
- Door of Destinies - In tribal, an absolute beast of a card. Definitely worth trying out.
- Herald's Horn - a cheaper Urza's Incubator that lets you Scry. A great include, but if you also have a Urza's Incubator, then why not both?
- Synapse Sliver - if you're going to be attacking alot, why not try and get some cards out of it?
- Blur Sliver - infinitely better than Reflex Sliver. Why would you not choose this over that?
- Magma Sliver - A Sliver that compliments a more aggressive play style. Great for getting past pesky Propagandas and Ghostly Prisons.
- Armageddon - this is only of use to you when you have a "Soft Lock" on the board in the form of Gemhide Sliver and say - Sliver Hivelord + Crystalline Sliver. Losing lands would be a minor setback for you - a major one for your opponents.
- Diabolic Tutor - it's a budget Demonic Tutor. What else can I say?
- Enlightened Tutor - a bit on the pricey side, but having more tutor options is never wrong.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon for a deck that likes to swing wide. Worth including if you can afford it.
- Horned Sliver - Trample. For a deck that wants to swing wide, sometimes you just need trample.
Sorry to write you a whole book lol, but those were my thoughts. Please let me know what you think and when your tournament is. I look forward to your response! Also, here's a +1 for you!
2 months ago
I don't think the problem you are having is with speed, it's with interaction. Not that ramp isn't important (it's extremely important, and maybe your deck needs some more of it too) but it doesn't feel like the real issue at hand.
Your deck is very heavy on the slow tribal cards and very light on answers to problems. No amount of ramp will make this sliver deck win faster than turn 3 Teferi combos, so instead you should think of ways to slow/shut down the opposing player's plans to combo off. I'm thinking effects like discard, counterspells, board wipes, spot removal, graveyard hate, Planeswalker hate, and artifact hate need some space instead of some of the less impactful tribal support cards. Things like Saheeli's Artistry, Bident of Thassa and Cryptic Gateway are fun but not that good vs. this sort of combo deck. If you can't get to the point of the game where those cards are relevant anyways, then cut them for something to help you get there so you can at least play the game. You have access to all 5 colors here, and there are many ways to stop combo decks in magic.
Also personally I like Sliver Hivelord better as a commander for slivers, as it combos so well with board wipes. Happy gathering :)
2 months ago
Yeah sure as well. One for my Sliver Overlord decklist would be very much appreciated.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 11 | 11 COMMENTS | 3754 VIEWS | IN 3 FOLDERS
It could even be something like a full image of Sliver Hivelord/ Avacyn Restored Cavern of Souls for the background if you can find one. But if that's not possible then I will leave it up to you to decide on some sort of scene that fits a place you could see there being Slivers.
Css coding I really have no experience with currently, but after seeing what some users have done with their decklists it might be something I will try out at some point.
3 months ago
- More land fetching abilities (like Cultivate, Kodama's Reach and Weathered Wayfarer);
- Prismatic Omen; as a redundancy for Chromatic Lantern;
- some additional card draw/filter abilities (like Phyrexian Arena, Rhystic Study, Sensei's Divining Top and Scroll Rack);
Also, I would recommend Descendants' Path to get Slivers on the battlefield for free.
3 months ago
In the same vein, Mirari's Wake really helps to ramp up, both your mana base and your creatures.
Herald's Horn lowers the cost of your Slivers and provides repeatable draw. Very useful.
Phyrexian Reclamation is a repeatable way to return cards from your graveyard.
Paradox Engine gives you essentially an unlimited combo with Sliver Overlord, letting you put all of the Slivers in your entire library into play if you've got Manaweft Sliver/Gemhide Sliver/Cryptolith Rite in play. Even if you don't have the combo pieces in play, it can provide a ton of value.
I too play a Sliver EDH deck, so these are some suggestions that I've learned from experience can be rather powerful.
5 months ago
Thank you for the feedback!! As for Galerider Sliver, I've went from 2 to 3 and back to 2. There are other answers to aggro decks with flyers, like Telekinetic Sliver, or attacking right back with Syphon Sliver out if Shifting Sliver or Sliver Hivelord is also alongside it. There's also two different tutors, plus Eladamri's Call to go dig for whatever sliver is needed. Your point remains valid though. If I do create a sideboard, I'll certainly add a couple Galeriders to it. :)
5 months ago
Totally get what you are saying about the Aether Vial and Collected Company, but just do not have the cards at the moment to make that work. The board wipe is there for a reason though...More of a contingency actually. If I am playing a deck that is also a creature heavy deck, providing I have the Sliver Hivelord out, they hopefully lose everything, I lose nothing. I also play a considerable amount of multiplayer, so comes in handy then as well. Thanks for commenting though DankStompy