When Ground Seal enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Cards in graveyards can't be the targets of spells or abilities.
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Ground Seal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Ground Seal Discussion
1 month ago
BubbRubb4Real: Ground Seal shouldn’t be a huge problem for this deck, since both Kroxa and Underworld Breach still function with it out. Leyline of the Void is trickier, though, and Rest in Peace is even worse. The issue I've had with Mire in Misery is that it requires them to only control one enchantment, it's pretty useless with two enchantments out. Another potential option is Pharika's Libation. But Chaos Warp is my current go-to spot removal for enchantments, and I'd almost rather run another tutor for it instead.
1 month ago
Daedalus19876 That makes sense. After some play testing with it I found that the damage is off the charts if we have Syr Conrad on the field as we’re generating a ton of treasures.
So in my latest play session with my play group this deck got destroyed by both Ground Seal and Leyline of the Void which is bound to happen. But I was thinking of adding in Mire in Misery . It seems like we have enough board wipes and pin point removal in order to get us to a board state where playing Mire in Misery would force players to have to sac an enchantment. Plus if we were in dire need of it it seems like it would be easily recur-able with Underworld Breach.
2 months ago
Ah, tokens! Initiate the throng, then fulminate as such.
I have many suggestions.
Now, typically I am an advocate for running fewer lands in decks, however, this deck has an excruciatingly low amount of card draw. Either make way for lands or add a half-dozen cantrips.
You have many anthems, some of which are quite lacking in my opinion. Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw, Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon", Selesnya Guildmage, Oakhame Ranger, Ahn-Crop Champion, Cultivator of Blades, Valor in Akros, Spear of Heliod, and Dragon Throne of Tarkir are all quite mana-hungry and little impact. They depend on a board state to work, and without one they verge on useless. I would like to call out Call for Unity in particular as being incredibly slow and capricious.
Avoid Fate is interesting, but it doesn't do a lot. Many of the cards in here are restrictive depending on board state, thus I would cut this.
For what I would include, Rootborn Defenses defends the board, Druids' Repository adds far too much mana, Aura Shards and Aura Mutation shatter and batter, Hour of Reckoning kills many things, Increasing Devotion allows for rebounding eftsoons wrath, Master of the Wild Hunt is one I particularly enjoy, Sprout Swarm is difficult to interact with, Sigarda, Heron's Grace has early and late-game potential, and Devout Invocation creates tokens abound. Triumph of the Hordes can just wipe out an entire table.
This deck has almost no card draw. Mentor of the Meek, Skullclamp, and Huatli, Radiant Champion can draw many, many cards. When you get to it, Sylvan Library is fantastic. Harmonize, Slate of Ancestry, Shamanic Revelation, Collective Unconscious are ways to refill in preparation of a board wipe.
Beast Whisperer is just good value.
I would recommend far more ramp. Llanowar Elves, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, and/or Birds of Paradise. Incredibly quick if you get them out turn one, and oft set you far ahead enough that it doesn't matter when you get wrathed.
That shall be all from me. If you so wish, I have two swarm decks that you could reference for honing your build, each of which have tested well for the years I have had them.
May fortune betide you, and the tokens your enemies. Farewell!
3 months ago
Cut Autumn's Veil for Heroic Intervention ? Not sure how relevant the counterclause is, as they can just counter autums veil itself. While I understand baiting counters is important, I think sacrificing that piece of redundancy (as previously mentioned, you already have some ways of dealing with blue). Heroic intervention functions to stop spot removal through hexproof similar to autum, but not just black/blue cards, it also provides indestructible which helps acts as an anti-boardwipe.
Ground Seal - Idk the meta, but could be worth running. It does replace itself which is nice
7 months ago
Glad you like the deck, I always have a blast playing Tuvasa. It's been pretty infamous in my circles due to it's resiliency. To answer a couple of your questions:
- Teferi's Protection is a great card, however most of the time I am tied for mana and having the difference in one CMC does make a large difference in my meta. My Tuvasa is often prone to be getting exiled and having 3 mana up is difficult as usually the turn after casting Tuvasa you are already playing another spell to make use of her. Other than that you can run both or just Teferi's Protection, it's up to you!
- Academy Rector is a trap in this deck, in order for you to make use of rector you need a kill switch. There isn't much spells that I run that destroys target creature or board wipes, I tend to usually draw into my enchantments or my tutors that gets me my enchantments and I run low CMC enchantments so rector is unnecessary for this style of play. If you are going to cheat out the bigger enchantments like say for example Omniscience or Decree of Silence than go for it, I would also include Flash as a way for instant speed kill.
- Verduran Enchantress has been cut out because I do have enough card draw, honestly it's been hard to cut out cards. I been tempted to down even to 33 lands to add in another low drop card like Ground Seal. I'm an advocate to tune your deck to your own style, if you need more card draw go add it in and test it out!
- Sigil of the Empty Throne is a fun card and can get out of hand, it can be a secondary line of winning, however I built this as a "voltron enchantress storm" type of deck and I just want to one shot people. I used to run it, but at 5 cmc it was too high when I had nothing else in my hand.
- Enchanted Evening is a great game ending card, but as I said with Sigil, I wanted to do a voltron storm style deck. You can definitely try it out as it is a huge bomb that can definitely OHKO someone not ready, but I just prefer the cost of my cards to be low for this type of deck.
Hope that answers your question and feel free to +1 upvote Tuvasa!
7 months ago
I had tested Silent Gravestone in one of the very earliest versions of the deck, and frankly found it to be kinda meh. IMO, Surgical Extraction just isn't really worth a dedicated sideboard slot, plus the trigger from Golgari Thug is often quite useful (e.g., getting a Satyr Wayfinder back when we need gas or a Land drop, and getting a Hogaak back when our opp has a Grafdigger's Cage ). The cantrip of Ground Seal is nice though, so I'll keep it in mind if Surgical becomes more of a threat.
7 months ago
9 months ago
Umbra Mystic , Treefolk Umbra , Hyena Umbra , Eland Umbra and Open the Vaults are cards that need to be included in this deck. Arcanum Wings should also be of consideration. Ground Seal may also be of use to you.