: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Emergence Zone: You may cast spells this turn as though they had flash.
Printings View all
|War of the Spark (WAR)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Emergence Zone Discussion
4 days ago
I would add Living Death, since you have some options to put your whole board inclduing ayara into the graveyard already. Maybe add in the Land Emergence Zone as this really helps with all your big spells.
1 week ago
Never got a notification for this for some reason hmmmmm.. I might be a bit late but I'm definitely happy to help. :^)
Starting with your lands, they look pretty solid. This is SUPER nitpicky, but Path of Ancestry doesn't feel like a good fit here. This deck isn't exactly a tribal, and it only has 7 cards it can scry off of. It may give you any color you need, but the coming in tapped bit would make me steer clear. The decision is totally up to you though because it isn't necessarily a bad card, but just keep in mind I'm really finicky when it comes to mana coming in tapped lol. Alchemist's Refuge and Emergence Zone might be fun picks. Dropping 1000 1000/1000 Oozes or Wurms on your turn is certainly good, but even better would be your opponent's end step. >:^)
Your ramp might need a little more focusing between the auras, dorks, and rocks. I might recommend a few more rocks in Talisman of Curiosity and Talisman of Resilience, but I think auras are going to be your focus considering your untap synergies, so more cards like Wild Growth, Wolfwillow Haven, Overgrowth, and Verdant Haven would make for nice additions. That being said, I think the dorks should probably come out, along with maybe your more expensive auras Dawn's Reflection and Market Festival. Ramp cards that in my opinion definitely need to come out are Heartbeat of Spring and Dictate of Karametra purely because of their symmetry. Group hug effects like these are super dangerous, and I really don't think you need them in order to pull off your strat. That being said, I think you should cut Tidal Barracuda for similar reasons. Giving people flash is risky, even if they can't cast stuff on your turn.
Card draw suggestions I would make for now would be to consider targeted X draw spells like Blue Sun's Zenith and Stroke of Genius instead of Mind Spring, as they can also be used with infinite mana to deck your opponents. Brainstorm is almost always a good addition. I also think cutting Gadwick, the Wizened wouldn't be a bad move. He's difficult to cast outside of having infinite blue mana and he doesn't really have the best synergy with the rest of your deck.
For your removal I would suggest perhaps adding in some lower CMC options like Pongify or Rapid Hybridization as nice cheap spot removal. Dismember or Tragic Slip are also nice black options that get around indestructible. Any removal will do, really, and so it's again all up to you. I just like these a lot.
I'll leave it at that for now, and when you've made changes we can figure out what else needs to be added/cut. :^)
2 weeks ago
GreenGuy47 I just brought the deck back from retirement! I had converted it into a Selvala cEDH , but i hardly played it, and Omntah was my general and the deck has always been fun. I definitely like Monstrous Onslaught because creature board wipes in green are so hard to come by! Three Visits, yeah, I don't really feel like dropping 100+ on something I can't even get foil lol. I run so many dorks to get Omnath out turn 2 so I keep the ramp spells limited, but idk, that might change depending on how play testing goes this time around. I was considering Helix Pinnacle as a wincon I could flash in with Emergence Zone or Vedalken Orrery, or just have it out early game because people don't want to waste a removal spell on it in the early goings. I've had Nissa, Who Shakes the World on my radar since bringing the deck back....i like mana doublers :D I will definitely be testing out different stuff as I get this deck back up to snuff, thanks for the all suggestions and reminders of good green stuff ^__^
1 month ago
precociousapprentice: I just hate how dead it is outside of that :/
Also, the Geier Reach line can also be done with Satyr untapping it. :)
1 month ago
Profet93: oh fuck, I knew I forgot to address something.
- Geier Reach Sanitarium: Dig in a pinch, hilariously showcased as such on last night's stream for that purpose. Removes Thousand-Year Elixir/Emergence Zone from our hand when we need them in the graveyard. Last but not least, if Shaman of Forgotten Ways is exiled we have 0 ways of killing the table at instant speed, which this we can Mill the table and use Noxious Revival loops to reset the graveyard. When executing this combo we can set up a Veil and Allosaurus to further prevent interruptions, everything else can be re-looped at instant speed to reapply combo in the scenario of interaction. We loop this effect with Voyaging Satyr or looping Crop Rotation, Eternal Witness, and Noxious Revival.
As for the Nylea's Intervention I'm still on the fence about that one as I definitely prefer paying 2 mana rather than three. I'll get back to you on that one.
Quite thrilled we got a bolt land, that you guys can assume is going right in as it doesn't take up a slot and a 7 Mana hail mary is better than a land in a pinch. (Turntimber Symbiosis)
1 month ago
Wow what a cool looking Primer. Solid deck, you did an absolutely great job! I'm a big Elf tribal fan, because Elves where my first deck ever.
Cool cards that I personally enjoyed playing:
- Vivien, Monsters' Advocate = best green planeswalker atm! Cut Yeva and a Forest for Vivien and one/two of the following lands:
- Emergence Zone / Winding Canyons = instead of some Forests
- Sylvan Messenger / Collected Company / Lead the Stampede = much needed carddraw
- Survival of the Fittest / Birthing Pod / Yisan, the Wanderer Bard = best green Tutor-engines
- Ohran Frostfang / Runic Armasaur = really solid carddraw (/Rishkar's Expertise / Return of the Wildspeaker)
- Bane of Progress / Lignify / Song of the Dryads = very good green removal
- Isolated Watchtower / Terrain Generator / Path of Ancestry = cool lands you should consider instead of forests
- Aether Vial + enough draw can snowball really fast
- Cloudstone Curio = an insane combo piece/enabler, especially with: Aluren or Concordant Crossroads
This deck looks already pretty strong, if you want to play on a cEDH table, you just should do some small adjustments:
- Allosaurus Shepherd / Destiny Spinner = instead of the Herald
- Null Rod + Collector Ouphe!!
- Mana Crypt!!
- Chrome Mox / Mox Diamond
- Gemstone Caverns / Ancient Tomb
- Damping Sphere / Thorn of Amethyst = to stop storm decks and slow down other decks
- Sylvan Scrying = to tutor for Cradle or Cavern
- Carpet of Flowers/Wild Growth/Utopia Sprawl
I played elves in almost every format and cool combo from modern was: Cloudstone Curio + Heritage Druid + Nettle Sentinel = infinite mana or with something like Elvish Visionary or Beast Whisperer you can also draw your entire deck if you want
1 month ago
Very good looking deck. I love Nethroi, Apex of Death and wish I could use it in my Arcades version of the deck. I always recommend Smothering Tithe and Heliod's Intervention in any decks that have white. Eerie Ultimatum can win games with flash enablers like Emergence Zone
2 months ago
I really like the land suggestions. I feel Emergence Zone just has added synergy with Titania, Protector of Argoth as well as only being one colorless to activate. I haven't found it to be much of an issue.
I have tested with Avenger of Zendikar and personally think it is does not synergize well. The draw potential is there, but I haven't found much problems with draw.
I like Survival of the Fittest a lot. I built around it mostly due to budget restraints, but it will most likely be the cherry for this deck.
Thank for you the suggestions for things I overlooked. Nice meeting a fellow Azusa player.