|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Darksteel Mutation Discussion
5 days ago
I think you could upgrade Pacifism, Doom Blade, Ultimate Price and Lightning Bolt into Darksteel Mutation, Snuff Out, Murderous Cut and Swords to Plowshares.
As for acceleration, Generator Servant seems like great fit. I don't understand why you are running Darksteel Citadel though. I can't see any useful synergies in your list. A couple of your tapped lands could make room for Dragonskull Summit, Sulfurous Springs, Caves of Koilos, Isolated Chapel, Clifftop Retreat or other untapped dual lands.
Hellkite Tyrant is another great dragon, i highly recommend it.
6 days ago
Good deck. I like some of the ideas you have in this deck but I feel that some cards are too weak and you are missing some really good cards. Here are the weak cards:
Darksteel Mutation, this is a 1-for-1 creature removal card that works fine in a 60 card deck when you're dueling. Not so good in a multi-player game.
Pacifism, same as above
Suppression Bonds, same as above and high mana cost.
Vow of Duty, yes it pumps a creature that then can't attack you, but there are better options.
Vow of Flight, same as above
Vow of Lightning, same as above
Glaring Spotlight, if you aren't running spot removal, not sure what this is for.
Cards you might consider:
Bronze Bombshell, hits for 7 damage and you can bring it back with Hanna.
Varchild's War-Riders, Tokens for everyone!
Thought Lash, exile stuff before it hit's play.
Puca's Mischief, another card to move things around the table.
Taniwha, to phase out lands.
Psychic Vortex, is a maybe, could be fun.
Avaricious Dragon, getting rid of hand options.
Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer, to keep creatures from attacking you.
I hope that these recommendations at least give you some new ideas. Let me know what you think. As always, temper these suggestions with your budget and your collection.
1 week ago
Glowing Anemone can be an absolute pain when blinked multiple times, Darksteel Mutation can get around an opponents hexproof or shroud creature if blinked, Tsabo's Web draws and hates on utility lands. While it is above your $2 limit, I strongly suggest making an exception for Savor the Moment, an extra turn for whose downside Isn't even a downside for this deck. Others that i like are Kor Hookmaster, Jace's Mindseeker, Riftwing Cloudskate, and Clone.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
There is literally no "invulnerable" creature. Indestructible? Exile it. Hexproof? Boardwipe. Both? Toxic deluge/final judgment. You can make it a pain in the ass to remove, but not invulnerable. Even Progenitus gets screwed over by Sudden Spoiling+Darksteel Mutation
2 weeks ago
I actually strongly prefer Song of the Dryads over Darksteel Mutation. Both cards will cause their targets to survive most standard board-wipes, like Wrath of God - The song because the target isn't a creature anymore, and the mutation because the creature is indestructible.
Some other boardwipes, though, the Mutation will die to while the Song will stick around for:
- Black Sun's Zenith (extra popular now that Hapatra is a thing)
- Toxic Deluge, any other -1/-1 effect.
- Final Judgment, any other exile effect.
- Terminus, any other tuck effect.
- Evacuation, any other bounc effect.
- Barter in Blood, any other sacrifice effect.
Generally, I think a 0/1 indestructible creature is a lot more vulnerable than a non-indestructible forest in EDH games. Enough so that the extra mana cost for the Song and the ramp side effect are totally worth it.
2 weeks ago
With regards to T1:
General Tazri - main wincon is FC to bring out two Allies that either Mill or Drain you.
Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge - Storm that is relatively lower to the ground, and will storm out via Aetherflux, which can be easily dropped down T1.
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - FC again, with Purphoros or Blood Artist.
Teferi, Temporal Archmage - Granted, this is probably the only viable T1 deck in theory, but by T2-T3 its prison should already be under way before Gaddock even drops, and even then you've the entirety of mono blue counterspells against you, ensuring he would never get cast.
Thrasios, Triton Hero - Labman win, wihtout the necessity of Dread Return. With the large array of infinite mana outlets provided by noncreature spells less than 4, Thrasios can draw its deck, cast Labman, and draw for the win.
Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder - similar to Jeleva, whereby its average CMC is significantly less than two, and the spells that are 4 or greater like Unmask are inconsequential and merely benefit from the Cascade into anything. Aetherflux may take a hit depending on board state, but even then it would run Chain of Vapor or anything you could think of that would be problematic for Gaddock.
My point is with all of these decks, none of them have a theoretical problem with Gaddock Teeg's ability.
Captain Sisay is where she is because her ability works outisde of specific locks; in contrast it's far more universally applicable, giving players the ability to dig for precisely what they want or situationally need.
2 weeks ago
- Tragic Slip (good against gods)
- Deathreap Ritual (good pull towards Golgari, good splash for Rakdos and Selesnya)
- Malicious Affliction (good black targeted removal)
- Morbid Curiosity (good in Artifacts and Golgari)
- Mirrorweave (seems like it could get pretty zany, also works as a functional wrath if you target a legendary creature)
- Slate of Ancestry (seems like a better option than Harmonize and the like for colors without CA)
- Thundermaw Hellkite (just busted)
- Hellkite Charger (lets speed up the game a bit)
- Illusionist's Gambit (a hilarious gotcha card in blue)
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar (this card makes the aggro deck in the pod much more threatening)
- Cavern Harpy
- Boros Charm
- Boartusk Liege
- Goblin Chieftain
- Goblin King
- Goblin Lackey
- Goblin Matron
- Goblin Piledriver
- Goblin Recruiter
- Goblin Warchief
- Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician
- Krenko, Mob Boss
- Skirk Fire Marshal
- Warren Instigator
Potential cuts (not removed, waiting your feedback):
- Sylvan Primordial (too much value I think)
- Sundering Titan (again, too much value)
- Nahiri, the Harbinger (she is good but doesnt support any archetypes)
- Merchant's Dockhand (very durdly. I actually hate this card, to be honest lol)
- Gruul Charm (doesnt do enough. There are better options to stop blocks)
- Merciless Eviction I think this is too good, actually. I dont want the build/reset dynamic unless you really pay a cost for it.
- Supreme Verdict (see: Merciless Eviction)
- Dovescape I think this will actually lead to too many board stalls. Not worth it.
- Reparations Doesnt do enough
- Darksteel Mutation (not necessary. We have enough good white removal)
- Limited Resources too mean.
- Tempt with Glory the tokens deck wants this, but I think it will only be better than a 6-mana put a +1/+1 on each creature you control when playing against gruul.
- Filigree Sages too little payoff for those stats
- Skill Borrower this card just sucks
- Shape Anew very bad. I love tinker, but nah.
- Black Sun's Zenith too good.
- Dread Return We said no reanimation
- Animate Dead
- Bonfire of the Damned too mean
- Starstorm too good I think. Rolling Thunder could be a good replacement?
- Tempt with Discovery I hope were playing with people smart enough not to fall for this trap
- Fang of the Pack (I think this card is not very good. I like that it has melee, but its not the best for a 6-drop)
Goblin Tribal just didnt seem viable unless you draft AND CAST Krenko. The deck leans too hard on one card and is too all-in for the multiplayer format. Sorry Goblins!
I left in the GU liege in case we want to do tap control in Simic, but I think we should move away from that archetype. I think I am more into ramp (Rashmi etc.) or cheating (Show and Tell effects). Maybe Simic is just good enough that we dont really need to plan too much for it. I dunno.
Still torn about Azorius. Do you think we have enough control in the format as-is? Can we do creature control with blinks? I want to move away from walls and wraths if possible, but I also want control (in whatever form we decide to do it) to be viable. Its important to me that there is room for control players to have plenty of fun drafting and playing, but its also important to keep the pace of the game. I think where we are now is a good mix of aggro/midrange slugfest plus control elements that cut them down and build CA over time.