|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature is a 0/1 Insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.
Darksteel Mutation Discussion
2 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
1 week ago
Please link your cards using double brackets, like so:
Darksteel Mutation only changes the values which it specifically modifies. It does not modify the mana cost of the creature (so, if you enchant a creature, the 0/1 Insect will also have a mana cost of ). As such, the creature will still have the same influence on Devotion as it did pre-enchantment.
2 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
Add: Rest in Peace , Torpor Orb , Authority of the Consuls , Blind Obedience , Darksteel Mutation , Eldrazi Monument , Akroma's Memorial , Whip of Erebos , Hanna, Ship's Navigator , Leyline of the Void , Phyrexian Revoker , Spyglass, Grafdigger's Cage , Damping Sphere , Ashiok, Dream Render .
1 month ago
It would still be unblockable and have hexproof. An enchantment, spell, aura, or other effect only removes abilities from a creature if it specifically states the creature "loses all abilities" or "all other abilities."
Compare Octopus Umbra to Darksteel Mutation . Both overwrite the Power/Toughness of the creature and confer a new ability (the attack trigger for Octopus; Indestructible for Darksteel). However, Darksteel specifically states that the creature "loses all other abilities".
1 month ago
I'm thinking of removing Brainstorm , Leafcrown Dryad , Whispersilk Cloak , Sigil of the Empty Throne , Clever Impersonator , Rampant Growth , Explosive Vegetation , Growth Spiral , Long-Term Plans , Hubris , Enlightened Tutor , Nylea's Colossus and Finest Hour .
For Song of the Dryads , Kenrith's Transformation , Metamorphic Alteration , All That Glitters , Ethereal Armor , Argothian Enchantress , Arcane Signet , Darksteel Mutation , Frogify , Kasmina's Transmutation , Skyshroud Claim , Duelist's Heritage and Farseek
2 months ago
So now I'm going to organize this post is from different types of cards and alternatives and/or strictly better cards that have the same Converted mana cost!
Let's start with enchantments! It seems like your all over the place, which is fine, but you have aura enchantments and land enchantments. which seems a little weird to me! Normally you want to either go a route for your deck, and this seems unorganized, so let us fix that! Serra Aviary is a bad card, cause it also gives opponents fliers +1/+1, we don't want this. So id suggest either going with some like Citadel Siege cause sure, it won't buff all creatures, and it'll give a boost to one creature you want per turn, or it can be used defensively which is always a plus! I'd also suggest going Dictate of Heliod cause it gives an extra +1/+1 for one extra mana, AND IT HAS FLASH! For cards that are better for the 4 cmc are Light from Within , Force of Virtue , Marshal's Anthem .
For protection cards or cards that accumulate value, instead of Angelic Renewal and Angelic Accord , cards which can be good, but you don't have a whole lof of life gain or recursion to run these two! So I'd suggest cards like Sigil of the New Dawn , Kindred Boon , Privileged Position and Asceticism are 100% more effective in protecting your creatures or giving good value.
Now that we got enchantments out of the way! lets work on these instants! I love some of these instants, Absorb is a fun card that I'm 100% gonna get, same with Archmage's Charm ! Disdainful Stroke , Essence Scatter (and the like), Commencement of Festivities and Guardian Angel are all weaker versions of cards like Mana Drain and Counterspell which I'd upgrade with. I'd also suggest getting some artifact/enchantment removal such as Krosan Grip one of the best in this as it has split second, another card I highly recommend is Bant Charm one of the most versatile instant printed in these colors. some other instants i enjoy and have seen good results with are Teferi's Protection , Plasm Capture / Mana Drain , Render Silent , Arcane Denial , Dawn Charm and Heroic Intervention . Those are just some of my recommendations! I may have some more but You'd really need to let me know what direction you want to go!!
For sorceries, you're in gosh darn green! WHERE ARE THE RAMP SPELLS?!!??!!? Add Farseek , and since we have big fatty CMC angels, Recross the Paths puts in some work! Kodama's Reach and Explosive Vegetation are better than cards like Rampant Growth because 1) it gives card advantage (2 lands for 1 card) and 2) gives us more mana to work with during the late game! (this is when angel decks typically win). other ramp spells I use are Cultivate and Traverse the Outlands .
I've noticed this deck does not have a SINGLE BOARD WIPE, as big as our angels are for the CMC, we won't be able to cast them until later, board wipes are essential to have especially since you aren't running any pillow forts kind of cards, I HIGHLY recommend adding some, cards that I've always had in my white decks are Austere Command , Rout , Supreme Verdict , Cleansing Nova , Descend upon the Sinful , Planar Cleansing and Mass Calcify . Some other sources that are more focused with tribal is Harsh Mercy sure each player gets to pick a creature type, but that typically is one creature for them, and of course we'll pick angels, so we get the upper-hand in this!
We need some card draw, and this is important as I don't see any in this deck and that is a HUGE mistake. Think about adding cards like Rishkar's Expertise , Praetor's Counsel , Blue Sun's Zenith , Sphinx's Revelation , Finale of Revelation just to name a few that come to mind.
For Lands, these look just.....fine albeit slow, but not quite optimized. I totally understand how people on a budget don't run cards like Misty Rainforest and the like. But as a 3 color deck, I suggest adding in cards like Temple of Enlightenment and Temple of Plenty at least you'll get value from them coming in tapped. Other cards I'd suggest are Krosan Verge , Prairie Stream , Flooded Grove , Wooded Bastion , Seaside Citadel , Path of Ancestry , Forbidden Orchard (cause what is a 1/1 to our angels? PFFT) other lands that give some utility in a pinch are: Scattered Groves and Irrigated Farmland ! other good cards are Glacial Fortress (and it's kin), Hinterland Harbor and Temple Garden !
For Artifacts, I see the signets, I don't typically run the
and X signets just cause I like my land ramp better and won't get destroyed with target removal or artifact/enchantment wipes. but as a 3 color deck, you 100% NEED
basically makes all your mana problems go away, just tap lands for whatever color you need! If you're trying to go for some voltronish cards, I'd suggest going like
, which basically secures that you keep whatever creature you want alive for the rest of the game (unless they exile it with a spell somehow).
is also a good card as people won't want to block because it exiles shit, which is GREAT, let me tell you how many times people didn't block because they wanted to keep their creature(s).
For tribal support cards, there is a very small pool to chose from, So you might want to grab a Vanquisher's Banner , Herald's Horn , Urza's Incubator , Door of Destinies , Coat of Arms , Stoneforge Masterwork and Cryptic Gateway are some cards to look at!
Ok, lets finally get this creature situation fixed! first of, YOU'RE AN ANGEL DECK WITHOUT ITS PRIME GURL!?! WHERE IS MY Avacyn, Angel of Hope ?!?!?!??!!?!?!? I'm disappointed!!!! But for real, add her.
Other cards considering should be Metallic Mimic (if you're going for a 1/1 counter theme.) Solemn Simulacrum should go in here, he's just too good not to have here! Rhonas the Indomitable is a great mana sink, and if you really need to give trample to your creatures, Nylea, God of the Hunt is also a good alternative. Resplendent Angel is a great 3 cmc angel, don't underestimate this gurl! Sephara, Sky's Blade is also a great (shittier) version of our gurl Avacyn, Angel of Hope but still a good effect none-the-less! Iridescent Angel , for a 7 mana angel, I was hesitant at running her in my jenara deck, but has proved to be SO GOSHDARN STRONG! Can literally take ANY damage from ANYTHING (don't mention the Eldrazi to this gurl) but it has soaked up a lot of damage over my games. Archangel of Tithes is a great 4 cmc angel that gives taxes for attacking and defending! great include! Angel of Invention a fabulous card, especially if you have something that gives +1/+1 counters, say a Bow of Nylea , is a great addition to our squad! Angel of Serenity is a good card here as well! great recursion for this deck! since we're in bant, Stoic Angel is also a good include! Akroma, Angel of Wrath can't go wrong with an 8/8 creature with so many keywords and protection(s)!
Also, there is ONE card that is SO GOSHDARN UNDERRATED AND NEVER PLAYED and has literally been the BIGGEST beater I've EVER seen is non-other than Selfless Squire . THIS GURL...Where are my words for this card. It's a fog effect but you get a MASSIVE creature that has to be answered or your opponent die! I've had people swing at me for 20+ damage, not worried because of Selfless Squire and she becomes a huge creature, give her trample and/or indestructible, good game! This gurl is so badass she can oftentimes beat an ELDRAZI TITAN 1v1 (in terms of power/toughness). Best and most fun card I'VE EVER PLAYED IN A CREATURE! 50/10 would recommend!
3 months ago
SideBae: thanks for the suggestions!
Arbor Elf is a definite once I get a copy, the synergies are obvious (hence Kiora's Follower too). I hadn't really considered normal mana dorks, figuring that the primary mana boost of this deck will be through enchanting lands and then using Estrid's +2. Bloom Tender and Noble Hierarch are both too expensive for me to consider.
I'm not going to add shuffle effects because I want to minimise the number of times I need to shuffle 100-card decks... but I'll add the other cantrips onto the list of cards for me to acquire. Good shout.
Argothian Enchantress is another one where price is the issue, but unlike the expensive mana dorks mentioned above I do intend to acquire her at some point, as she is excellent.
This applies to all of your suggestions, but what would you suggest taking out for these?
I'm hesitant to add the delve cards into this deck, as there is a high proportion of permanents and not many instants/sorceries, so the graveyard fills very slowly.
I have mixed opinions about these cards [inefficient removal compared to lots of white removal, but they're enchantments], but I had Darksteel Mutation on hand hence its inclusion.
I'm going to avoid GSZ to avo id shuffling, but I agree that Stony Silence will be very powerful in this deck. Sol Ring is too good not to include, and The Chain Veil is very powerful with Estrid, but otherwise this deck can very happily avoid artifacts.
I'm not particularly trying to go down the creature aura route with this deck - obviously there are some in there, particularly at the moment when I am still retaining things from the pre-con in lieu of cards I don't have yet, but I don't think I want to get the quantity of creature auras to make Season of Growth worth it.
Very true, and I'm aware of the combo, but without tutors I don't think I'll add them - the separate parts aren't as useful on their own.
Thanks again though, I much appreciate the comments! Now to decide what to remove first...
Darksteel Mutation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
GWU (Bant): 0.55%