Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have ": Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Common|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Gemhide Sliver occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Gemhide Sliver Discussion
3 months ago
interaction would be:
1.tap Gemhide Sliver add one mana of any color
2.sac it fromBasal Sliver's ability get two black mana, thats now 3 floating
4.sac Manaweft Sliver now 5 floating mana
6.sac Gemhide Sliver
3 months ago
then of course add that in with Necrotic Sliver and you can wipe everyones board and you have the only board presence
and with all that bouncing and regenerating you can use Lavabelly Sliver to end it
3 months ago
ok, so I have had another look through here. Firstly, I got to note that I have read that you don't want to use many slivers in this deck (although I do love my hive), but I think there is a couple that could be really useful for you. Manaweft Sliver and Gemhide Sliver could turn all your changelings into birds of paradise, which is some pretty good mana fixin. Cloudshredder Sliver gives you a 2 for 1 on flying and haste as well. I guess you could also look at Crystalline Sliver to give your creatures shroud too. But enough of Slivers now.
You could look at Harsh Mercy which could be really good for you. As you are tribal, you can use this to your advantage and hopefully save most of your board, or if you have indestructible, then even better.
Gallia of the Endless Dance could be really useful, and could also give you some hand filtering if you are swinging in with several creatures a turn.
Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign could also be really fun. Again, you get some card advantage, and also reduce some colorless mana costs for some of your creature spells.
Captivating Vampire could also be pretty sweet too. you can start stealing your opponents stuff with this.
Whelming Wave could be good too. you will not be as effected by this as your opponents.
Hope this is all of use to you, and you will have to let me know how you get on with the deck. I have been thinking of making a changeling deck, but basing it on Reaper King. That ETB for scarecrows is just ridiculous.
Anyway, stay safe mate. cheers
4 months ago
The previously mentioned cycle is interesting, but not quite close to the ground enough for this decks' requirements. But what does have my attention (I definitely want to try this card out) is: It looks like it could potentially ramp this deck into overdrive if the right cards are out on the field to support it. In an ideal scenario i'd have Gemhide Sliver and Heart Sliver on the board to provide a decent source of mana. If I were to end up in a situation where I draw into nothing and discard my hand I could use Overlord's tutor ability to get a low cmc sliver to start the draw engine once again. Regardless, it looks like a fun card, and I enjoy Noah Bradley's art. I'm going to pick up a copy in foil when it becomes available - for the collectability at least.
4 months ago
CrimsonWings3689 - I maintain that Diffusion Sliver is not a good sliver in a Singleton format. If an opponent really needed to get rid of a Gemhide Sliver or something essential for you to combo off, then the extra is a paltry price to pay in addition to the for Swords to Plowshares, or the for Beast Within, or even the for Terminate. Alot of instant removal in EDH is fairly low cost to begin with. Sure, there's a chance that an opponent wouldn't be able to pay - but three? The odds aren't in your favor if you're relying solely on Diffusion.
The previously mentioned Sliver was designed for a format where you can have more than one in your deck. Paying an extra isn't so bad, but ? ? Not feasible. I think you're wasting a slot by including this Sliver - put in some interaction in it's place - Forbid, Arcane Denial, Unwind, Heroic Intervention, Teferi's Protection - something. You need a hard answer for a hard question - not a Hopefully or maybe they can't pay the . Including Unsettled Mariner is an okay step up - but the lack of consistency (how often are you going to get both on the field) and cost (are you seriously going to tutor for both?) to get each Sliver on the field just isn't worth it. The cost seriously outweighs the benefits. You're better off having some interaction in this slot.
4 months ago
In regards to sideboards - they don't exist in EDH. This is a singleton format where players bring their decks as they are. So...unless those are cards you are considering for the deck - ya gotta cut em. Now here are some suggestions on what you could put in the deck to help it run more consistently:
- Manaweft Sliver: Like Gemhide Sliver but better.
- Worldly Tutor/Congregation at Dawn: These are tutors that have synergy with your commander (who must already be in play). Tutor for the 1 (or 3 slivers that each have a CMC 1 less than the other} and place it on top of your library. When casting Congregation at Dawn you can stack 3 slivers each with 3 different CMCs and - voalá you have 2 more Slivers coming into play.
- Skyshroud Claim/Pir's Whim/Nature's Lore/Sliver Hive/City of Brass/Exotic Orchard/Reflecting Pool/Chromatic Lantern/: For a 5c deck you have woefully little ramp/manafixing.
- Path to Exile/Swords to Plowshares/Anguished Unmaking/Krosan Grip/Beast Within/Generous Gift/Counterspell/Swan Song/Mana Leak/Arcane Denial/Forbid: Your deck has very little interaction - making you just a passive victim when your opponents decide it's time to deal with you - or when your opponents are going off. You need to be able to act. Slivers aren't passive creatures, and neither should you be when piloting them.
HONORABLE MENTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL CUTS: I know I went over a bunch of cuts in my previous post, but here are some more suggestions -
- Assemble the Legion/Retreat to Emeria/Birthing Boughs: You don't need Sliver Queen to make more tokens in an efficient manner. Allow me to introduce you to Brood Sliver and Hive Stirrings. Why go throught the trouble of making a janky combo that creates soldier tokens/changelings in cheap Sliver costumes when you could just...make Slivers? You also have the added flavor of getting double the tokens per combat damage assignment step when you have both Brood Sliver and Bonescythe Sliver out on the battlefield. Worse yet - Legion, Emeria and Boughs have absolutely no synergy with your commander outright. you have to hope you have Hivestone on the battlefield. AND THEN even if you have alll of the parts and pieces on the board you have literally zero cards in your deck that are CMC 0 - as tokens have a CMC of 0 - creating a total non-bo that just allows you to only be able to shuffle your library. That's it.
4 months ago
A really good combo for slivers is a Thorncaster Sliver plus any deathtouch sliver so you can board wipe your opponent. It's just over 2 dollars but it can be worth it. You already have Manaweft Sliver but Gemhide Sliver does the same thing if you find you need more mana slivers.
5 months ago
id just use Gemhide Sliver or Manaweft Sliver for mana dorking/ramping instead of your land fetch and sac eldrazi and get them big fuckers out quick for the +1+1 ramping and maybe a couple Groundshaker Sliver if you need to keep it mono color. can treat it as a speedy agro deck that way. but thats only an opinion.