|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Common|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have ": Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gemhide Sliver Discussion
3 weeks ago
I've been looking into slivers for fun now, and this deck looks like fun, but it almost seems like the mana base is being spread a bit too thin.
If you're deadset on slivers perhas look for some that can make slivers add mana? I think Gemhide Sliver could be a good choice, and maybe concentrate on Bant more than 4 colour
3 weeks ago
I'm assuming you're playing a casual format where just about every card is legal so I'll give you a broad list of options.
Incidentally, the first deck I made was a slivers tribal as well :)
- Ancient Ziggurat: Provides you any color of mana you need but on the condition that it's only spent for creatures.
- Sliver Hive: One of the two best lands for a sliver deck. You get any color you want without restrictions for a sliver deck. Late game, it provides functionality by allowing you to poop baby slivers out whenever needed.
- Cavern of Souls: The other best land and likely the best land in the game for tribal? Like the others, it provides you with every color AND makes your creatures uncounter-able. Extremely useful against blue deck matchups. Downside is that it's like 40$ a piece
- Unclaimed Territory: The cheaper brother of Cavern of Souls. Does everything it does for but doesn't give the "can't be countered clause." Worth considering since it's about 6% the cost of Cavern of Souls.
- Mutavault: Only provides colorless mana but can't turned into a creature at any time. Basically it can become a sliver whenever you need it, perhaps as a bait, blocker, or extra attacker.
- Gemhide Sliver / Manaweft Sliver: Excellent and perhaps critical if you're running several colors. Turns your slivers into mana dorks and allows you to speed up your game by providing more mana. Many sliver decks run 4x.
- Diffusion Sliver: If you're looking to modern-ize your deck then replace Crystalline Sliver with this. It's not that good comparatively but it's modern legal.
- Sinew Sliver, Predatory Sliver, Muscle Sliver: Your bread and butter of the deck. You're likely to run 8x of them if possible.
- Galerider Sliver: Literally a better version of Winged Sliver. It costs one mana less and does everything better. Replace Winged Sliver with this if you can.
- Venom Sliver: Gives all your slivers deathtouch, making them all deadly.
- Pulmonic Sliver: Gives all your slivers flying as well as the ability to "revive them" by putting them on top of your library upon death.
- Bonescythe Sliver: Gives all double strike. Easy way to secure your combat advantage and double your damage potential all in one go.
- Sentinel Sliver: Provdes vigilance to all your slivers. I love this card personally and run 2x.
- Sliver Queen, Sliver Hivelord, Sliver Legion, Sliver Overlord: Your sliver gods. All expensive but provide crazy utility. Queen makes more sliver. Hivelord gives your guys indestructibility. Legion provides stat buffs. Overlord allows you to search your library for any sliver you want.
- Collected Company: Luckily most slivers are 3 and below the CMC cost, usually making CoCo a 2-for-1 card. In essence, consider this an instant that reads "play this whenever you want to have 2 more slivers on the board." Can be used for surprise blockers / increasing your board presence. You may find that lowering the CMC to 3 and below maximize the value of this card.
- Aether Vial: Get 4x of this if you can. It's very costly but extremely useful. Allows you summon free creatures essentially at instant speed. This will be your turn 1 most of the time move if possible.
3 weeks ago
Some that I didn't see in the list but I run include Bear Umbra, Chief Engineer, City of Shadows, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Etherium Sculptor, Foundry Inspector, Gemhide Sliver, Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Gyre Sage, Herald's Horn, Hickory Woodlot, Hollow Trees, Kiora, Master of the Depths, Krark-Clan Ironworks, Legion's Landing Flip, Mage-Ring Network, Manaweft Sliver, Myriad Landscape, Nature's Will, Nissa, Vital Force, Nissa, Worldwaker, Patron of the Orochi, Rushwood Grove, Sand Silos, Saprazzan Cove, Saprazzan Skerry, Sword of Feast and Famine, Teferi, Temporal Archmage, Training Grounds, and Urza's Incubator.
1 month ago
This was done free-for-all. Fortunately, we were few enough in number that nobody was tripping over anybody, nor were did anybody seem to feel like they couldn't get to any box they wanted to. Two digging through one box at a time didn't seem problematic, but I could see three getting old real quick.
As for strategy for me, since I knew I would be building my daughter's deck, and I knew I wanted to keep it fairly simple, I was going through mostly green, looking for ramp and big dumb creatures, meanwhile figuring I could pull any slivers to the side for my own stuff. Unfortunately, I couldn't find some of the key slivers I knew I would need (specifically Gemhide Sliver and Virulent Sliver), but I did find a chunk of Thallids (Thallid, Thorn Thallid, and Thallid Devourer, along with Night Soil) from Fallen Empires, and ended up making a Saproling deck.
2 months ago
What do you think about Aggravated Assault?
Or it can help with the beatdown if you fall short.
2 months ago
Hey, LVL_666 My goal with the Sliver deck was to have a highly synergystic creature combo deck that wins by attacking with creatures for obscene, unblockable, sliver damage. This will be done by amassing a steady stream of creatures, stealing my opponents creatures, and playing enough mana ramp/fixing to ensure early access to my commander, Sliver Overlord. On my immediate buy list is Heart Sliver, Necrotic Sliver, and Gemhide Sliver. These are clearly keystones. Any advice or general knowledge you care to impart? I am here to learn!
3 months ago
Ahem. So lets break down your question here, and i'll get right to answering it as best as I can:
"Im looking at the possibility of building a Sliver EDH deck (please dont hate). I dont know exactly what would be good tech for the deck."
So, when building a Sliver EDH deck know this: You are going . You have no other choice as all legendary slivers are 5 color. This is relevant only because you have to figure out the most expensive part of your deck which will be your landbase. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Lets look at your tech options:
Sliver Overlord is currently the most popular Sliver Commander/General, also it is the control oriented Sliver commander. If you pilot him, you should include cards that capitalize on it's second ability (i.e. Amoeboid Changeling and/or Unnatural Selection). Additionally, you would use cards that slow down the game as you would play a more attrition based strategy. I actually run this Commander, but I chose to build a midrage deck- the more "traditional" magic deck. Overlord works well in midrange as well as control, but it all depends on what appeals to you - do you want to lock down the game while you steadily populate the battlefield or do you want to ramp up and have a more flexible build that can win through different strategies?
Sliver Queen is the General for those who desire a combo win strategy. When the beautiful and incredible queen was first introduced, she was quickly paired with Heartstone + Ashnod's Altar. Such a lovely infinite sliver combo it was. But now, you have even more options in the form of Mana Echoes, Training Grounds or Basal Sliver + Heart Sliver + Gemhide Sliver. You get the idea. The best part however, is that Queen is so dynamic and incredible that she has been used as a general for non-sliver builds like superfriends. But i'm getting off track here. Queen decks are definitely the most competitive builds when it comes to Sliver EDH due to her being a combo piece herself, and thanks to the command zone you will always have ready access to her. On top of that, she makes blockers for next to no mana. There's a good reason why she's on the reserved list.
Now, certainly last but definitely not least you have both Sliver Legion and Sliver Hivelord making up the aggro based strats for Sliver EDH. These Generals may be simple, but they are incredibly powerful. The strategy would be rather simple with these two, as you would run alot of cards that ramp up the damage like Shared Animosity, Rancor etc. Quick little plays that add up quickly over time. If you have Sliver Hivelord in play, you could run alot more mass destruction. Oh, and true fact here: I a player outright scooped when I played Sliver Hivelord + Crystalline Sliver. Since you're running 5 color, you'll have access to all instance of them! Even better, look at the synergy between Ghostflame Sliver + All Is Dust. The slivers thought of everything at some point.
So really, that's a high level generalization of what directions you can go in when it comes to building a Sliver EDH deck. Please, let me know if you have questions as I'm always happy talk about Slivers.
3 months ago
M4RK0G91, I realize I never actually responded to your other thought:
"Oh, i wanted to ask you one thing: i know this is a EDH build, but i wanted your opinion about the Tiny Leader format. If you would ever build a TL sliver deck, what colors you would choose?"
I uh...realize this is like...months late so sorry about that. So what's my opinion of the Tiny Leader format? Well, I don't have a TL deck, nor have I played the format BUT the idea I have of the format is alot constant quick and cheap plays that over time add up and create interesting combos and synergies. I can see why you would consider creating a Sliver deck for that format. The only problem is that you won't have any big "Haymakers" if you will. Being restricted to CMC 3 seems like a real big challenge.
So, what colors would I choose to build a TL deck? Hmm....well lets assume I want to build a TL Sliver deck. What would be the ideal commander for me? Animar, Soul of Elements is a strong contender in my book. His secondary ability at the very least helps you cast more Slivers. On top of that, his color identity gives you access to Gemhide Sliver + Heart Sliver, and Venom + Striking Sliver. Additionally, i'd drop in Muscle Sliver + Predatory Sliver. So if it wasn't evident from all the previous card choices and synergies I pointed out, i'd make an aggro deck. Maybe call it "Animar, Soul of the Hive" or something like that.
Yeah. Sorry about the super late response. Thanks again for commenting!