|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Premium Deck Series: Slivers (PDS)||Uncommon|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sliver
All Slivers have shroud. (They can't be the targets of spells or abilities.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Crystalline Sliver Discussion
1 week ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
1 month ago
Did someone say SLIVERS?! OOOOH I always love to look at and provide suggestions for a Sliver deck. Is there anything specific you wanted help on? As a suggestion, creating a detailed deck description helps the reader as they can get a better feel for the deck and the wincons you intended to build in the deck.
So, the commander you have chosen is one of the two options for a distinctly Aggro wincon. Therefore, I infer you want some card suggestions that will help further that potential wincon along. Here are some thoughts off the top of my head:
Lands: Maybe consider the Mirage Fetchlands because just like the proper fetches, they also interact with the other typed lands in your deck. But besides that, I think that you have a very good landbase for your deck.
Creatures: Swap in Magma Sliver for Constricting Sliver or Diffusion Sliver: So, Magma contributes quite heavily to your deck's aggressive game play style. Sure, Crystalline Sliver may cause issues here with Magma's ability, but you have options to temporarily remove it from play. Constricting Sliver is not a very well balanced/optimized creature in general- let alone sliver. Six for a 3/3 with a temporary Stasis Snare attached to it is just not worth it. Diffusion Sliver is actually pretty good, but only when you have multiple copies of said sliver. EDH just simply isn't it's format - if an opponent wanted to, they could easily afford the paltry extra mana to target one of your broodlings. It's a waste of a slot.
1 month ago
Added "My Experience with this Deck:" category
28/09/2017 - Vanquisher's Banner added for possible deck Improvements
2 months ago
I have a sliver deck as well & will make a few suggestions if i may? Crystalline Sliver is by far the best sliver ever printed, imo, but he is not legal in Modern- & the next best thing is Diffusion Sliver! Diffusion Sliver &/or Opaline Sliver are crucial to playing slivers, since targeted removal is a sliver-deck's greatest enemy.. & unlike many sliver-abilities, their abilities actually stack, so with 2 Diffusion Slivers in play, a Path to Exile or Fatal Push or Lightning Bolt would cost FIVE mana just to take out one of your slivers.. I see you have 2 Diffusion Sliver, but since he is so important to keep your engine going, i personally prefer to run 3 of them (they are not aggressive enough to run 4x though, imo). Sentinel Sliver is amazing, & i would recommend 2x in every sliver deck! You can even attack, then use tapping abilities during 2nd Main Phase, effectively giving you a 2nd turn in comparison to running without him. Megantic Sliver is a total game-changer, and i have found 2x Megantic to be very very good. I run 4x Manaweft to be able to cast him, though, plus 1x Gemhide Sliver. Groundshaker Sliver is pretty bad.. I think Battering Sliver is actually better, but he is pretty bad too, imo.. I would cut them in fvor of Megantic Sliver. For a mana-base, 4x Sliver Hive is worth every penny, and 4 Ancient Ziggurat is nearly the same thing for about $1 (that is if you cut some of the sorceries, which i would personally cut all of them in favor of more slivers!). I think Spinneret Sliver is pretty terrible when you could be running Galerider Sliver as a 1-drop with a better ability. Predatory Sliver should be a 4-of, as should Sinew Sliver, which i am surprised to not see here. With 4x Venom Sliver, i would definitely recommend running at least 2x each of Striking Sliver & Bonescythe Sliver!! Another good card to run with the deathtouch is Quilled Sliver, though i wouldn't run more than 1-2 since his targets are limited to attacking/blocking creatures. Blur Sliver is ok, but i have found that cutting him is better- by the time you cast him, you should have other slivers in play, and every single sliver gives its ability to every other sliver, with or without the haste. I would rather give the slivers already in play more abilities instead of giving the cards yet to be played the ability to do the SAME THING as all the other slivers one turn earlier . Since it doesn't help with Predatory/Sinew's ability, i would cut Hardened Scales in favor of something like Collected Company. Harmonic Sliver is a must-have sideboard card, and i run 1x in my mainboard as well. Remember that Virulent Sliver has POISONOUS 1, not Infect- what this means is that your pump spells don't add any additional poison counters to your opponent; each sliver will only give them one poison counter when it connects (unless the pump is from Double Strike! More reason to play Bonescythe Sliver! That would double the poison counters as well). Anyways, sorry for the rant, but hopefully I've given you some ideas! I love slivers!! A couple more fun slivers as 1-ofs are Pulmonic Sliver and Telekinetic Sliver.. so many awesome abilities! Check out my Slivershod deck! My nephew played my Sliver deck against me with my Zombie deck and ended up swinging at me with 150+ damage at once, with Flying, Deathtouch, Double Strike, Lifelink, Indestructible, & a Diffusion Sliver!! That just shows how insanely out of hand they can get if they go un-checked. Good luck!
2 months ago
Thanks for the lengthy comment + feedback GMD_1090, I appreciated the advice! Here's my stream of consciousness thoughts on the suggestions...
Opaline Sliver is decent, but it's card draw effect is conditional on my slivers being targeted. Sure it's a handy deterrent, but it kind of goes against what I want to be doing with the deck (e.g. getting Crystalline Sliver out). Dormant Sliver comes into play when I'm ready to assemble the pieces and draw my deck FTW. He's an awesome combo piece and the defender factor is irrelevant because he'll be sac'd or bounced when the time is right (see the 'shenanigans' portion of the deck description for more detail there).
Animar, Soul of Elements is an amazing card and general, but seems unnecessary. The minor cost reduction is nice, but my avg. CMC is already pretty low and my ramp options are working out as is. He'd just be a beater with no evasion that doesn't synergize with the rest of the deck. Even though she's off theme, Bloom Tender is a great mana dork. If I had one kicking around, I'd consider slapping it in here.
I used to run Thorncaster Sliver in here but ended up removing him in favour of combo sliver options. In my experience he wasn't that effective and if Sliver Queen is out, odds are I'm going to be combo'ing without the need for the thorn plings.
I also used to run Magma Sliver and although he looks great on paper, in practice he wasn't so powerful and I could never make good use of him. Firewake Sliver's secondary ability is irrelevant - he's in here for redundancy as another haste enabler.
I like your idea of Dictate of Erebos! I hadn't thought of that card in this deck...Interesting.
I've been playing the deck for years and have the strategies pinned down. Over time it's evolved from a 'go wide' aggro sliver horde to more of a combo oriented deck. Beyond the amazing synergy of the sliver tribe, the thing I like most is the sheer variety in the deck - lots & lots of evil ways to take out your opponents. I still enjoy fine tuning it and I definitely appreciate the opportunity to talk about different deck ideas/philosophies so thanks for that!
2 months ago
First of all, I am happy that there are some players out there willingly making a Sliver EDH deck. This warms my heart!
I'm seeing a few cards in here that I question, and want either a good explanation for, or a replacement. THese are:
Basal Sliver this card seems good. But I would argue against that. Since is not any mana that you can reliably spend on spells. Other than activating your commander's abilities. HOWEVER, it could combo off if you added a card such as Parallel Lives, Anointed Procession, Doubling Season or Primal Vigor. With which you can get an infinite amount of 1/1 slivers using Sliver Queen's spawning ability. Megantic Sliver could be a replacement.
The land base is quite a mess. But I guess it is what takes the hard on when it comes to budgeting decks. A 5 coloured edh deck is not easily or cheapily fixed. But I would suggest adding more of the tri-lands or some other random cheap duos.
All Is Dust is quite an odd addition. I would probably run an additional creature rather than this, since this is quite the explosive decktype. Coat of Arms, Door of Destinies or Obelisk of Urd fits better with the theme.
Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claim does not really fit in with your budget manabase, since they can't grab any multicoloured lands other than stomping grounds. Search for Tomorrow or Sakura-Tribe Elder would be strictly better.
Mana Echoes is pretty neat. Please update me with how well it works out.
other cards I would consider adding:Sliver Legion a bit pricy, but SO good.
Harsh Mercy pretty nice piece of board wipe.
Patriarch's Bidding It's just too good not to.
Descendants' Path a free bonus sliver per turn? Sign me in.
Steely Resolve another Crystalline Sliver. Less mana intensive than Asceticism
Good luck with the deck!
3 months ago
Using Mirror Entity to try and mitigate direct damage? That's not what I was trying to say. Sure, that's one use, but it'd be more for dealing damage than anything else. Also, it's not meant to be a replacement for Crystalline Sliver. It's meant to compliment it. Allow me to explain - with Crystalline in play, you won't be able to use Magma Sliver's ability. Why? because none of your slivers will be legitimate targets for you (or anyone else). Mirror Entity's ability is non-targeting (just like Wrath of God or your Toxic Deluge), ergo you can use it's ability with Crystalline Sliver in play. Additionally, it affects base power and toughness that means that all your slivers still receive their +1/+1 bonuses on top of that.
Including both Magma and Crystalline in the same deck can create some awkward moments, as you may not be able to capitalize on Magma's ability when you'd need/want to.
3 months ago
LVL_666 ty 4 passing by! It would be usefull against direct damage. But with Crystalline Sliver u dont need that. Only u ll ve problems with Toxic Deluge and for a similar efect u can add Magma Sliver in fact I prefer this last one.