Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Choose a color. Add to your mana pool an amount of mana of that color equal to your devotion to that color. (Your devotion to a color is the number of mana symbols of that color in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$3.0||$5.57||$27.85||$30.99||0.51 TIX||0.68 TIX|
|Have (29)||lampitosgames , deatn1342 , KiBMagic , CastleSiege , gildan_bladeborn , Regigigas23 , kmcree , jwe94 , Spinalripper , BBBr0ny , HavokX , greenkingwashere , dexxter7 , benjibot789 , GabeCubed , LiveForChaos , Rellevation , Pedodactyl , Dark_Shadow , Surferdunks , TheRedMage , YungNixon , TroyMicheal , xzavierx , superburke , ThomasonBowwow , Runlue , agGravity , Mazzuno|
|Want (11)||Grantley91 , Arashisenko , Regigigas23 , riley1001000 , Tee_Yum , ozzar , failurechild88 , TheRealPeaches , philktoken8998 , LordOrgasmus , kapteenik|
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Discussion
1 day ago
1 day ago
For added instant graveyard control, I highly suggest throwing in Dimir Doppelganger. Oh, that's an eldrazi that hit your graveyard? It's exiled now and I have a copy of it.
Honestly, I'd consider swapping out your commander for Lazav, Dimir Mastermind... While Phenax is good at milling, you'll need cards with high defense and enough devotion to get him going himself. Lazav had hexproof which adds to his protection, and he can become a copy of anything that hits an opponents graveyard. Perhaps like on of those eldrazis people here are complaining about? Haha. Though if you're adamant about keeping Phenax as your commander, then invest on a Grimgrin, Corpse-Born. Him plus Undead Alchemist's ability makes for a nasty combo.
Geth, Lord of the Vault would be great here. In a mill deck, not only do you want to put cards in graveyard, you want to be able to utilize them to further your board state and protect you from disruption. Plus he can steal a Sol Ring or Sensei's Divining Top from graveyard. Lol. Chainer, Dementia Master is another good one because he can also recur things from your own graveyard.
The land base could use a little work, mostly I'm seeing an absence of Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Depending on what the mana symbols are for this deck, you could consider a Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as well. Swap Dimir Guildgate with Dismal Backwater. Same thing, just get an extra life out of it. Crypt of Agadeem could be good, considering the high amount of creatures you have in this deck.
For board wipes, because you'll always need at least a few, Necromantic Selection and Life's Finale would be best for you here as they tie into the theme of the deck, and put fuel into you opponents graveyard for you.
Keening Stone is a decent alternative to milling, especially of the graveyard are pretty full. Anyways, I'll have more suggestions as time goes on. :) Good deck so far!
2 days ago
In answer to your question heavyb, he Basically is an alternate win condition, say if Ezuri, Renegade Leader has been removed from play. As this is elfish ramp you have a lot of possible mana and can usually ramp to about eleven on turn three or four, you can then play Joraga Warcaller with about five counters on him and swing with ramped creatures. He is a good backup but this can be defective when he is called with coco as you said. However he still acts as a another one drop elf and works as well as any when paired with Heritage Druid, Elvish Archdruid and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. So in Short it is better to have 2 or 1 of him if you are playing an elvish deck like this one.
2 days ago
Nice deck you made, lots of big beaters
Keep the deck indeed just blue and green, drop Chromatic Lantern
It's usually considered a good idea to have 4 cards of each. If you want more variety in your deck I would advise you to play Commander / EDH. It's very casual friendly and a lot of fun.
Thornwood Falls is less appealing then it looks. There are few situations where 1 life is going to save you, you're better off having an instant speed land.
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is a legendary land. This means you can only have 1 active in the field. Consider reducing it to two versions in the deck.
Ivy Lane Denizen is the only creature or spell that can give +1 counters to other creatures. You roll with only 1 version of that card, which makes Sage of Hours and Fathom Mage relatively useless. My advice is to drop the +1 counter theme and focus solely on ramp.
Drop Progenitus, yes the card is fucking awesome but you're very unlikely to cast it in an actual game.
Consider putting some more low mana cost creatures in to balance out your mana curve.
2 days ago
The way I see it, big Eldrazi are most effective in 2 types of lists: Ramp and Control. Ramp suffered huge losses from the rotation, including Courser of Kruphix and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. There are also no 1-drop mana dorks anymore, making the whole thing less viable. That leaves Control. Azorius and Dimir both are good control color schemes. It can be argued that Azorius is the more steadfast of the two with cards like Ojutai, while Dimir is a bit greedier but can use tutors and the like. Esper combines the best of both worlds, while giving you access to both Standard-printed fetchlands, as well as Prairie Stream and Sunken Hollow. My guess is the Esper Control will be very strong this expansion, and those are the lists that you'll see some copies of Ulamog and/or Winnower.
2 days ago
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Extra mana
Gray Merchant of Asphodel Big damage on a body, can be lots of lifegain in multiplayer games
Dregs of Sorrow Shoot down a bunch of dudes, draw a bunch of cards. It's pretty good.
2 days ago
Played against this at GP OKC (or something very similar). Ran Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as a way of generating a lot of mana for his spells, espcially since you're looking to put a bunch of Dictate of Kruphix into play. Would definitely recommend trying some out here. He also had a white splash for Geist of Saint Traft, which made for a difficult to kill threat that keeps clocking for 6 on each of your subsequent turns, especially if you have Gigadrowse main to deal with any untapped creatures.
Following the blue devotion route, I wonder if Leyline of Anticipation + some number of Day's Undoing wouldn't be worth testing. If you have Leyeline in play, you could EOT Serum Visions to set up a Temporal Mastery 'miracle'.
3 days ago
Actually it's basically a pillow deck. The main idea is to create your protection and get the Ensnaring Bridge out so your opponent can't attack you. And start throwing counters on Helix Pinnacle. Privileged Position is a good way to protect your protection. Iona, Shield of Emeria isn't hard to get out when you have Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. And she can shut your opponent down by herself pretty much. And Avacyn, Angel of Hope also provides your permanents with protection. And depending on how the game goes you can choose not to cast Ensnaring Bridge and just wreck with the Angels.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Prophet of Kruphix
- Gaea's Cradle + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Voyaging Satyr + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Aurelia's Fury + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Dictate of the Twin Gods + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Genesis Wave + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Consume Spirit + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Singing Bell Strike + Voyaging Satyr
- Master of Waves + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shorecrasher Elemental
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Transcendent Master
- Courser of Kruphix + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Polukranos, World Eater
- Arbor Colossus + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shipbreaker Kraken
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Genesis Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Hydra Broodmaster + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Voyaging Satyr
- Argothian Elder + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wirewood Lodge
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Palinchron
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Slate of Ancestry + Words of Wilding
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Singing Bell Strike
- Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Magus of the Candelabra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Temur Sabertooth + Voyaging Satyr
- Mutavault + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Seat of the Synod
- Cabal Coffers + Deserted Temple + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Arcanis the Omnipotent + Mind Over Matter + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Hydra Broodmaster + Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Elvish Mystic + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Voyaging Satyr
- Launch the Fleet + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Pack Rat
- Burning-Tree Emissary + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Bear Umbra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Demonfire + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Angel of Jubilation + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kiora's Follower + Kruphix, God of Horizons + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Khalni Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wooded Foothills
- Freed from the Real + Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Temur Sabertooth
- Khalni Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Omnath, Locus of Mana
- Inspiring Call + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Frontier Siege + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shadowborn Apostle
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Dragon Mantle + Triton Shorestalker
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Villainous Wealth
- Echo Mage + Mind Over Matter + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Rimewind Taskmage
- Mindcrank + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Leyline of Sanctity + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Staff of Domination
- Crater's Claws + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Weathered Wayfarer
- Blessing + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Hero of Leina Tower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Polukranos, World Eater
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Return to the Ranks
- Mastery of the Unseen + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Stillmoon Cavalier
- High Tide + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx