|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
- Argothian Elder + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wirewood Lodge
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Choose a color. Add to your mana pool an amount of mana of that color equal to your devotion to that color. (Your devotion to a color is the number of mana symbols of that color in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Discussion
13 hours ago
I've playtested your deck against a couple of mine, which I think are generally fairly close on the casual-hardcode scale. Here are my random thoughts and suggestions.
- Sapseep Forest - Entering tapped isn't worth the upside.
- Mogg Hollows - Only getting coloured mana every other turn seems bad.
- 1x Forest, 1x Mountain to make place for...
- Karplusan Forest and Mossfire Valley - Two untapped mana-fixing lands.
- Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll - Both of these have requirements that should be easy to meet in your deck. They're really bad with X spells, but you have a lot of other useful targets.
- Clip Wings for Silklash Spider, a lot slower and more expensive, but reusable.
- Gruul Keyrune for Gruul Signet A 3/2 trample is really small in EDH, so I'd go for the lower mana cost if I were you.
- Lightning Bolt for Ulvenwald Tracker Basically Doom Blade on a stick with the huge guys you will be keeping around. Also fun with Thornbite Staff, which is also incredible ramp with Rosheen if you can arrange some other way to have creatures die. Volcanic Fallout would be an example.
More general suggestions:
- Might of Old Krosa One-off buffs aren't that great when you have three opponents you need to get down from 40 life. It's certainly not reliable as removal, either.
- Increasing Savagery Your many X-creatures turn mana into power and toughness. No need to have a separate card that does the same.
- Solidarity of Heroes Very powerful at the right time, but it's a one-off effect that requires some setup.
- Feral Incarnation - Three 3/3 beasts isn't worth the mana, and you don't have enough token generation to make it "free".
- Skarrg Guildmage - There are better trample-givers, like Nylea, God of the Hunt.
- Genesis In this type of deck with low-count high-value creatures I'd try to sneak this in, but it depends on how graveyard-hatey your meta is.
- Asceticism Again, high-value creatures that respond poorly to single-target removal. Keep your hydras safe!
- Death's Presence Even if your hydras die you get to keep most of their value.
- In the Web of War, Fires of Yavimaya or Xenagos, God of Revels - Haste on large creatures is huge, you can swing and kill someone without them getting the time to set up defence.
- Gyre Sage - Makes each hydra larger than the previous one, which makes him larger, which makes the next hydra larger... :o
- Elemental Bond - Card draw when you play creatures keeps the creatures coming.
- Soul of the Harvest - As above.
- Aggravated Assault - The plan is to make lots of mana and huge creatures. Letting them work double shifts the next turn might secure a kill (or two).
Slightly out of budget suggestions:
- Selvala, Heart of the Wilds - She seems perfect for the deck. Huge creatures, huge mana, extra cards.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - In decks with two colours or less, this makes a lot of mana.
To make room for this I'd personally cut all the treefolk. They're better in mono-green.
It depends on your meta, but I'd also cut all planeswalkers except maybe Xenagos. They just tend to die so quickly in EDH. Xenagos generally at least pays for himself, though.
You could also consider multi-mana dorks, like Bloom Tender, Fyndhorn Elder, Greenweaver Druid, Nantuko Elder, Priest of Titania, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Whisperer of the Wilds, Wirewood Channeler, Karametra's Acolyte and dubiously Frontier Siege.
I hope you can take at least something from this.
22 hours ago
23 hours ago
You don't really need Black Market, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Tendrils of Agony, Darksteel Plate, Extraplanar Lens, the Swiftfoot Boots, then probably one Swamp and Shadowborn Apostle. That's eight, should help you to not be super overflowing with a ton of mana and not enough cards to play. The cards Ad Nauseam and Necropotence may also be good additions to help you draw more, if you so like
1 day ago
Thanks lagotripha, glad you like the deck! I've been building mono(ish) black decks almost exclusively for about the past year. Profane Command with Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is sooo awesome in decks that run heavier on the devotion theme. It's one of the most underrated command cards for sure. Unfortunately neither can effectively fit in this shell, but I am a fan. Certainly depending on your local meta there are a couple slots you could substitute cards for. In my experience, the draw filtering with Grim Flayer is usually enough, but Phyrexian Arena is almost always a welcomed sight. Whip of Erebos can go a long way in this deck. If you're not whipping back Garys or Obliterators, just spamming Bloodghast attacks every turn can be really powerful and put you back in the game if you're behind.
1 day ago
I would consider adding Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx you have a lot of devotion as well as very high costing cards. It would help get you rolling faster.
1 day ago
Love tribal spirits decks. I have one too but it's with Karador. I've always wanted to find a use for Sekki though. Since you have Eidolon of Blossoms in the deck I would consider replacing your artifact mana ramp with enchantment mana ramp to do the same thing but get more enchantments and green pips for Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Vernal Bloom, Mana Reflection, and Zendikar Resurgent are excellent options.
If you're interested in more tribal spirits goodness check out Ghosts of the Perilous Void
2 days ago
I would second the comments that have already been made for creatures to remove. I would also suggest adding a bunch more enchantments in to give you a more stable and resilient board presence; that's why I have so many enchantress decks, because they are the permanent type that sticks around the longest. You can play ones that will ramp you a lot and help you replay Ruric after he keeps getting killed or even just the first time. Also, add in lifelink equipment so you gain a good buffer from Ruric and cancel his ability out for you. They give the added bonus of making his mandatory swing an upside. Lastly, play Dolmen Gate and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx.
2 days ago
First of all, a commander deck must have exactly 100 cards (including your commander), and you have 106
I suggest you remove some lands, as that takes up almost 50% of your deck
Now, if I were to build a Mazirek deck, I would definitely go with a heavy token strategy, as tokens are relatively easy to produce (especially in Golgari), expendable, and given enough time and resources, can easily win you the game.
So, with that in mind, I suggest you remove these:
-1 Sedge Scorpion, Typhoid Rats, Tormented Soul, Pharika's Chosen, Blisterpod, Black Cat, Elderscale Wurm, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Ghoultree, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Dark Betrayal, Traveler's Amulet, Kheru Dreadmaw, Hunter's Ambush, Commencement of Festivities, Pulse of Murasa, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Bonds of Mortality, Karametra's Acolyte, Baloth Null
And possibly replace some of them with some of these:
Mycoloth, Ashnod's Altar, Grave Pact, Viscera Seer, Avenger of Zendikar, Yahenni, Undying Partisan, Animation Module, Hardened Scales, Mind Slash, Orochi Hatchery, It That Betrays, Creakwood Liege, Vulturous Zombie, Catacomb Sifter, Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder, Falkenrath Noble, Blood Artist, Necrogenesis, Deathreap Ritual, Attrition, Perilous Forays, Korozda Guildmage, Reaper of the Wilds, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Abhorrent Overlord, Grim Haruspex, Yavimaya Elder, Golgari Germination
That's all I can think of off of the top of my head