Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Choose a color. Add to your mana pool an amount of mana of that color equal to your devotion to that color. (Your devotion to a color is the number of mana symbols of that color in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$4.43||$5.89||$29.45||$34.79||0.72 TIX||1.2 TIX|
|Have (32)||DrLitebur , Selcath , LiveForChaos , Dark_Shadow , kmcree , HavokX , agGravity , Xathrid845 , deatn1342 , StrugglePeter , GureiSeion , EnragedAtlas , gildan_bladeborn , Regigigas23 , Surferdunks , dexxter7 , jwe94 , TheLazyGrim , Rellevation , Runlue , benjibot789 , OpenFire , Malice_leche , Represser , CastleSiege , SeventhSin , HalcyonMTG , GriffinRider , Maplemonkey9494 , Mazzuno , WUBRG... , Liuv|
|Want (15)||mils , golgarigirl , Regigigas23 , TheRealPeaches , Grantley91 , LordOrgasmus , dspot4lyf , riley1001000 , failurechild88 , Silverf1sh , samk125 , dcarlson369 , machado.leonardo , obsydian , pedro.turco|
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Discussion
Busse on Xylophobia
8 hours ago
For starters: thanks to all of you who have commented and upvoted the deck. It is much appreciated!!!
Sometimes late but I deliver!:
- BLEATH, Asher18, llamaglama01: Hey there... no use of Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx because it's expensive... and I don't trust/like X cost spells... I always have mixed feelings when considering Hydras for this deck.
- doctorsmegma: Nice name, also... Rancor is not very useful here, considering almost everything has trample already. I might consider it in the future if I put Predator Ooze in the deck.
- simoHayha: I bought a couple of greaves, I'll test them, but the Canopy Cover can be used on the enemy to prevent a creature from being targeted (not the main use, but it's a possibility). Also yeah, haste is interesting, thus I'll playtest it. Thanks!
- RoarMaster, SwampHippie, howaboutno & HonoraryFugu Hi there, yes. The Avatar of the Resolute is not fully used here, but trample+reach in a 3/2 for GG is strictly better than Garruk's Companion. Maybe I'll throw in Increasing Savagery and Predator Ooze to use the avatar at full capacity. Predator Ooze is useful but does not give THAAAT much pressure compared to a turn 2 Leatherback Baloth. Got to test it.
- Dr.Necro: Check the link above! You got it!
- Mtg_king & tain: I'll test the Mistcutter Hydra but I don't like hydras for this deck at the moment. Thanks for passing by! Oh, and yes... it's not EXACTLY budget, but it doesn't cost 500 bucks... unlike half of the other decks in this site! hahahah
- jules11788: Gaea's Revenge is nice, I like that card a lot, but doesn't adjust that well to this build. Thanks anyway man! :)
- gruulmaster: Thanks for the love man! I'm happy you liked the deck. Spread the love.
- celestite4: I'll test Genesis Wave and Genesis Hydra once I get a couple of them cards! Thanks for commenting here!
Be sure to check the other decks in the cycle. One deck for each color! Spread the love.
Also claim your Onion Sacrifice if you haven't already! SMITE ONION
10 hours ago
Have you considered Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx as a 2-3 of? It requires literally no building around-- it rewards you for playing more creatures, and can build up to huge overflows of mana, especially late game. It turns a late Wolfbriar Elemental into a massive horde all by itself.
14 hours ago
@MogMan696 You have a couple options in my opinion. Drop a combination of all 3 Gudul Lurkers, 1 or 2 Foundry of the Consuls and/or 1 or 3 Monastery Sieges. Leaving 1 Monastery Siege in the mainboard is pretty pointless in my opinion, unless you want to put some in the sideboard.
I don't do it personally, but a second scourge of fleets could be useful if you want to hit it more consistently, in which case 3 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx are a must and Foundry of the Consuls should be taken out.
16 hours ago
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is actually a big part of this deck, and especially with Courser of Kruphix and Eidolon of Blossoms being able to abuse the legendary rule and double tap for devotion turns Doomwake Giant into a board wipe.
Collected Company I'm not sure on... deck was just built yesterday, and only playtested 3 times. Will need more data before I can accurately give an answer to its effectiveness.
Also I don't know about black/green enchantment hate... I'm usually a white deck player... this deck is my first soiree into the land of evil colors.
1 day ago
Are you planning on keeping this deck together? How has strength from the fallen played out?
to make it slightly more competitive or at least slightly faster mana ramp I'd add in 2x Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. While doing that I would also play a 4th Elvish Mystic and get rid of the 3rd Nylea, God of the Hunt.
Mantle of Webs could likely be useful simply because you've got no flying defense and you're trying to keep the enchantment theme.
1 day ago
It's in the Mono-White devotion deck right now, but that's rotating since Heliod, God of the Sun and Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx are leaving us. I don't see it being too strong, but I'd actually wait until the PT before speculating.
2 days ago
So...I'm a little confused. Is this meant to be standard? Because if so, your ramp rotates out when Omnath enters (as well as other cards in Main deck), and so do most of these suggestions (Obelisk of Urd, Hall of Triumph, Hornet Queen, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Boon Satyr). Your sideboard also doesn't make it.
As far as suggestions, I don't like Herald of the Pantheon here, and the best ramp post rotation (unless BFZ has as of yet unseen ramp) is probably Origin's Leaf Gilder or Honored Hierarch, or even Rattleclaw Mystic, even though you don't use blue mana. Shaman of Forgotten Ways probably won't work, since you are trying to amass land, not play creatures (outside of Omnath). I'd suggest Nissa's Renewal (BFZ), even at 6 mana if Omnath is out it gets 3 5/5's, maybe 3 2/2's also, plus 1 for land per turn, and 7 Life. At least a one of?
2 days ago
Mill does lose Temple of Epiphany, which is a huge loss. Maybe if there are enemy manlands in BFZ it can stick around. Otherwise I still see it as a niche deck that sits on the outskirts.
I could see control coming into view, but it would need a good white wrath. The new Gideon is great in a control shell, but he needs some help. Losing Dissolve is no joke, and the same thing with the Temples. Fetchlands + Tango Lands only gets so far.
And we've barely seen 10% of the set. Let's wait a little longer before baselessly speculating on what Standard is going to look like.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Prophet of Kruphix
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wren's Run Packmaster
- Elvish Mystic + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Voyaging Satyr
- Aurelia's Fury + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Transcendent Master
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Temur Sabertooth + Voyaging Satyr
- Cabal Coffers + Deserted Temple + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Dictate of the Twin Gods + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Genesis Wave + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Magus of the Candelabra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Consume Spirit + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Gaea's Cradle + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Master of Waves + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shorecrasher Elemental
- Inspiring Call + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Arbor Colossus + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shipbreaker Kraken
- Genesis Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Hydra Broodmaster + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Voyaging Satyr
- Mutavault + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Seat of the Synod
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Palinchron
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Slate of Ancestry + Words of Wilding
- Argothian Elder + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wirewood Lodge
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Singing Bell Strike
- Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Mindcrank + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kamahl, Fist of Krosa + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Staff of Domination
- Crater's Claws + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Arcanis the Omnipotent + Mind Over Matter + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Voyaging Satyr + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Hydra Broodmaster + Karametra's Acolyte + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Launch the Fleet + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Courser of Kruphix + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Polukranos, World Eater
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Pack Rat
- Bear Umbra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Demonfire + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Angel of Jubilation + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kiora's Follower + Kruphix, God of Horizons + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Khalni Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Wooded Foothills
- Blessing + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Freed from the Real + Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Khalni Hydra + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Omnath, Locus of Mana
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Singing Bell Strike + Voyaging Satyr
- Frontier Siege + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Xenagos, the Reveler
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Shadowborn Apostle
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Dragon Mantle + Triton Shorestalker
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Villainous Wealth
- Echo Mage + Mind Over Matter + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Rimewind Taskmage
- Burning-Tree Emissary + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Kiora's Follower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Leyline of Sanctity + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Weathered Wayfarer
- Hero of Leina Tower + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Polukranos, World Eater
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Return to the Ranks
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx + Stillmoon Cavalier
- High Tide + Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx