|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Choose a color. Add to your mana pool an amount of mana of that color equal to your devotion to that color. (Your devotion to a color is the number of mana symbols of that color in the mana costs of permanents you control.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx Discussion
3 days ago
I have also made a mono-blue devotion deck and I found your take on it quite interesting. I have Kira, Great Glass-Spinner in the main deck. Have you thought about including Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx? I don't see the importance of including phantasmal images. Is it for copying Master of Waves? What about tutors for Walking Ballista such as Trinket Mage? Running 4 Spreading Seas mainboard is a must for me. Have you tried it? Personally, I would cut like spell pierce for something like Voidmage Prodigy as it synergizes with other cards in the deck and gives 2 devotion on top of that.
4 days ago
4 days ago
I have lots of different pieces of advice, choose any or none of my recommendations. These are just my thoughts on the deck.
Love the themes here, but don't be afraid to include red staples. Would take a look at some more dumb red staples like Vandalblast, Ruby Medallion, Lightning Bolt, Reverberate, Reiterate, Guttersnipe, Jaya's Immolating Inferno, Rampaging Ferocidon, Reforge the Soul, Blasphemous Act, Fireball, Blood Moon
Though I like the pheonix theme, your planeswalkers scream "play instants/ Sorceries". I would include less Pheonixes and include more board wipes (to protect the walkers) and red cantrips (for single target removal and damage to the face). I would replace a few lands with staple mana rocks. I see what you're doing with caged sun, but I promise you will still find enough mountains even if you get rid of a few. You don't have to entirely scrap the theme, and still add some really good spells. (I personally would've made the deck more non creature based.)
If you'd like to be MORE creature based, you should look at Sarkhan walkers and some dragons instead of Jaya and some pheonixes.
Speaking on mana base: to be a little more competitive I would replace some of your weaker spells with a couple more mana-producing cards. You would like to start any game with 3 mana-producing cards in your hand, and on average you are getting 2.8 which can be low in some cases and mana screw you more often. (Mana screw is always way worse than mana flood in EDH.) Personally I would add two more mana-producing cards, and take out two non-mana-producing cards. Look at Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and decide whether or not your devotion to red calls for it.
Throwing in things like Rampaging Ferocidon and Blood Moon will counter some decks and give your opponents' more things to worry about. Excellent decks are decks with multiple threats/win cons.
6 days ago
6 days ago
Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx would be a good land card to add since this is a mono color deck and the card allows quick mana in exchange for tapping two lands with nykthos
1 week ago
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Serra Ascendant in a Vampire deck? Seems a little bit weird. Conspiracy maybe... I also recommend to find a place for Blade of the Bloodchief. Not sure about Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - I use it in monocolored decks only (just like Vampire Nocturnus - this guy is great in mono B Vampires but he is much less effective in Mardu builds). What do you think about Maze of Ith? Or Vesuva? Seems a little bit more interesting. I also see Sorin Markov in your maybeboard. You added Eldrazi Monument so token generators are much more preferable. Sorin, Lord of Innistrad or Sorin, Solemn Visitor for example. And yes, don't forget about Anointed Procession if you want to get tons of tokens. I also recommend to think about board wipes: Wrath of God, Day of Judgment, Damnation, Languish etc. Even Obliterate. Why not? Eerie Interlude + Obliterate and a very big surprise is guaranteed :)
1 week ago
Deck update :
I've removed Garruk, Primal Hunter and Hornet Queen beceause they seemed too slow when I've had them in my opening hand. Also removed pet card Fog (I have a long history with this card starting with my first ever deck, wich was a modern mono green...) and finaly revived.
These cards have been replace by Rampant Growth, Wood Elves, a Forest and Sylvan Scrying to help me fetch Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. I'm currently trying to figure out a balance between drawing, ramping and finding my wincons.
1 week ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!