|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
: Add to your mana pool.
, : You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||EdenGardenz , SamCre1993 , Tribor , ChrisH , ZombieFood , golgarigirl , pskinn01 , maR2307 , , GoldGhost012 , gildan_bladeborn , jhTheMan99|
|Want (2)||Turtlelover73 , brokendwarf|
Mosswort Bridge Discussion
5 days ago
Quietman988, thanks for your card suggestions. I've thrown in Mosswort Bridge. I agree it's easy to trigger in here. I've put Lurking Predators into my maybelist. I love that card. It works great in my Xenagos: Zookeeper God deck. I just need to figure out what I'd cut for it in here.
Thanks for your help :)
5 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
6 days ago
If you want more stories, I shall grant them to you.
After all, it's my new favorite EDH deck, so I've played it a few times and I can recall my last game quite well.
I was playing against three opponents, the same people as before, but with different decks this time. One was Arcanis the Omnipotent, one was Riku of Two Reflections and one was Omnath, Locus of Mana. I was prepared for the hate that would come towards me, especially from the mono blue deck - I automatically assume a ton of counterspells from those.
My starting hand was pretty decent - I didn't have many lands, but I had Sol Ring, so I felt okay. Arcanis had a pretty amazing ramp engine - he played Mana Crypt, Mana Vault and Everflowing Chalice with three counters on his turn 2, which made everyone worried. I played a Propaganda early, but my opponents' decks weren't exactly creature decks, so nobody really attacked anyone. Except for Omnath later on. Arcanis cast Day's Undoing pretty early, which I could counter with Insidious Will, but I decided not to - I was pretty stuck on lands.
The stuff I drew was pretty good, but in the meantime, Omnath became a threat as well. His commander was rapidly growing and he started bashing Arcanis. In fact, his Omnath grew so big it could probably kill Arcanis with the next attack. I cast Fervor, preparing for the Narset turn. I also drew Strionic Resonator thanks to Day's Undoing, so it was looking pretty great for me.
However, Omnath became extremely threatening all of a sudden. He killed Arcanis with a 13/13 Omnath. Arcanis flashed in Snapcaster Mage to chumpblock, but Omnath cast Berserk from Mosswort Bridge's Hideaway. Then he used all of his gathered mana in the postcombat main phase, ramping up even more, playing Brittle Effigy and Yeva, Nature's Herald, among a few other things.
Now that Arcanis was out of the game, I could safely cast Narset, since Riku was tapped out. I attacked Riku and the trigger revealed Command Tower, Walk the Aeons, Spectra Ward and Conqueror's Flail. Brilliant.
My bonus turn begins. I cast Steel of the Godhead on Narset, then I equip her with Conqueror's Flail. With Boros Charm in my hand, I am able to give her double strike and finish Riku off. The trigger reveals Chandra, the Firebrand, Izzet Signet, Ashling's Prerogative and Sunder. Knowing that Omnath is a land-based deck, I don't hesitate to cast Sunder. On Omnath's turn, nothing happens because he has no mana, so he plays a Forest and passes the turn.
On my turn, I copy Narset's trigger with Strionic Resonator, revealing eight spells. One of them is Omniscience, which allows me to cast my huge hand for free. I play Temporal Trespass, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Elspeth, Knight-Errant and many other things. On my bonus turn, I buff Narset with Elspeth and swing for victory.
Once again, just one attack caused a hugely explosive turn. Omnath decided not to attack me because of my Propaganda, and instead aimed for Arcanis - because he had a ton of mana. In fact, he later told us that if he could have had another turn, he would've won the game on that turn, so Omnath prevented that. Which allowed me to take the win instead. Nonetheless, it was a fun game, at least for me. :)
I love this deck so much.
1 week ago
There are a few cards I included that I don't see in your list though.
Random suggestions: Tempt with Vengeance synergizes with doublers and is a good late game token sorcery, Fecundity synergizes with devour, Gruul Signet allows one of your many incolor lands to produce colored mana, Green Sun's Zenith sounds like the kind of tutor you'd want, Mosswort Bridge synergizes with Thromok or just a decent board.
I had other things like Wolfbriar Elemental and Skullmulcher in my first version but I can see the drawbacks with these. Anyway have you tested with these cards ? I'm curious to see what you think of them.
2 weeks ago
- Baru, Fist of Krosa - (Weak effect that can be achieved through Paragon of Eternal Wilds, Gaea's Anthem, Hall of Triumph or Caged Sun. I'm not telling you to trade him for any of those cards, though)
- Nylea's Disciple - (meh)
- Oran-Rief Hydra - Too slow
- Rampaging Baloths - Too slow
- Solemn Simulacrum - Not needed. The only situation it'd be useful would be if you have Birthing Pod hanging around.
- Tireless Tracker - (weak in EDH)
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (too slow for Selvala)
- Lightning Greaves (meh. As suggested bellow, Thousand-Year Elixir would be better most of the times)
- Gravity Well (Check my Utility Section)
- Back to Nature and Creeping Corrosion aren't needed. This is a fast deck and your opponent's probably won't have time to build a board big enough for you to need it. You already have Bane of Progress and Wave of Vitriol, there's no need for those.
- The Great Aurora - Works wonders with token-based decks. Not so good in here, even if it's a boardwipe of sorts
- Elemental Bond can be replaced by Garruk's Packleader
- Primeval Bounty is good, but I would make room for some of my suggestions.
Get Selvala online as soon as possible (T2):
- Sword of the Paruns - (You just need a creature with power 4 or greater and you have infinte mana. Same goes with Umbral Mantle)
- Great Oak Guardian - (it might also work as a finisher)
- Wirewood Lodge - (a must have)
- Thousand-Year Elixir - pseudo-haste and neat untapping
- Seeker of Skybreak, Quirion Ranger or Scryb Ranger.
- Quest for Renewal for the extra mana every turn.
- Genesis Wave - Also ramps
- Genesis Hydra - Doesn't ramp, but gives you a body
- Nessian Game Warden - Nets you an extra creature
- Fierce Empath - Tutors your big guns.
- Wild Pair - 2 for 1 most of your creatures.
- Woodland Bellower - Does not get legendary creatures, but it should be ok.
- Boundless Realms - Getting rid of the lands in the deck so you can draw better stuff.
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Overwhelming Stampede
- Dragon Throne of Tarkir
- If you have access to infinte mana Walking Ballista or its cousin Goblin Cannon (yes, you can activate it multiple times before it explodes)
- Silklash Spider
- Glissa Sunseeker
- Newly Spoiled Sandwurm Convergence
- Mosswort Bridge
- Abundance (prevents you from losing to mill and also makes sure you'll never be mana flooded or mana screwed)
- Primal Surge might be fun, but would require you to tone down on instant/sorceries
2 weeks ago
I like where you are going with this deck. Samut is the new legendary that interests me the most.
Since your average CMC is so high with the big stompy creatures, you may want more ways to "cheat" mana costs. Mosswort Bridge and Spinerock Knoll are easy to activate. the new Champion of Rhonas and Elvish Piper are also great at cheating creatures into play.
2 weeks ago
Kefnet the Mindful might be heavily tested for a myriad of reasons:
3 drop draw - gives me an early draw outlet if im utterly whiffing, Azure Mage effects are always welcome.
5/5 indestructible/flyer - Acts as an enchant until I need it to swing or block beefy flyers coming at me, flying tribal is a problem opponent with this deck.
Evasion- its a very evasive creature, not up to snuff with the theros gods, but certainly a solid 3 drop.
Land abuse- using floating mana and a blue source to draw a card and return Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx to my hand after tapping and playing it for turn comes to mind...if I like the ability I can add a few more tricksy etb lands like Mosswort Bridge into the mix
This deck consistently has over 7+ cards anyway and the added option of making 5 card hands into 7 card hands with 4 mana investment makes even whiff scenarios stable and draw/stallable
This deck never seems to have enough mana sinks and though this creature doesn't necessarily work in a vacuum, even as essentially an enchantment with an azure mage+ ability for 3 mana isn't too shabby.