|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis (DDR)||Rare|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
: Gain .
, : You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Mosswort Bridge Discussion
3 days ago
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, doesn't it? Some drafts of this deck before I put it up on this site did indeed have Mouth (along with other utility lands like Dark Depths or Mosswort Bridge) but what happened was that actually slowed the deck down enough that it wasn't really worth it. Depths, to go into more detail than I gave in another comment, still costs thirty mana, and while that's doable, there are a lot more powerful things you can do with this deck if you have thirty mana. I'm not even sure Scrying Sheets is worth it yet, and that's the whole reason the Forests are Snow-Covered to begin with.
More to the point, Mouth of Ronom has a few problems. It costs six total to activate (five plus tapping itself), which, pre-combo is all or almost all of your lands, and once you're well into your combo, there isn't a lot of hate that can stop you that would require creature removal. At least, I haven't seen very much in my meta. Maybe yours is different?
Another problem, and maybe this is a little obvious, is that it's not a Forest, which is important when you're working with Sasaya. It will always only provide a single mana, even as your mana gets exponentially large, which means it's likely to just sit in your hand until it needs used. If it's likely stuck in your hand all game, the only relevant text is its land typing, so why not just make it a basic?
I will admit the deck is answer-light. Primal Command is the only card I use as an answer regularly (a card that also functions as a tutor), and I've eschewed cards like Hurricane and Goblin Cannon, which are answers that can also function as win-conditions should you draw them. This can promote a sort of "head-down, solitaire" style of play that some people find distasteful but I kind of like every once in a while.
Good luck with your build if you do come back to this! Sasaya's definitely a lot of fun.
5 days ago
Without knowing your budget and builds, it's hard to say. Obviously Gaea's Cradle fits nicely in about any mono green deck, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's worth the price tag. Wirewood Lodge is good if you're running elves and it can make an infinite mana combo with Argothian Elder and any way of producing multiple mana from a single land. Mosswort Bridge can be pretty solid in most green decks and it's pretty cheap, so you'll probably want that I guess?
1 month ago
You're off to a good start! Here are some nonbasic lands you can use that are budget friendly:
- Command Tower
- Hinterland Harbor
- Lumbering Falls
- Mosswort Bridge
- Simic Guildgate
- Tectonic Edge
- Temple of Mystery
- Thornwood Falls
- Yavimaya Coast
I would recommend you run somewhere between 36 and 40 lands (this is including basic lands).
As a green deck, I strongly recommend you make room for some ramp spells. The higher your mana curve the more you should run. They make it easier to cast your bigger spells, recast your commander and ensure you don't get mana stalled. Here are several budget options:
- Arbor Elf
- Circuitous Route
- Courser of Kruphix
- Elvish Mystic
- Explosive Vegetation
- Fyndhorn Elves
- Hunting Wilds
- Khalni Heart Expedition
- Kodama's Reach
- Llanowar Elves
- Search for Tomorrow
As a blue deck, you may want to make room for a few counterspells, not too many though. You are already running Fuel for the Cause which is good for your deck and Turn Aside you are also running is good to protect your commander and other things. Here are a few budget options:
I hope this helps!
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
2 months ago
Cards I want to take out:
Mosswort Bridge - I don't like Taplands, and I often had the problem not having the 10 power.
Terramorphic Expanse - I'm not sure, but why not Playing an Island/Forest instead
Evolving Wilds - Same here
Managorger Hydra - Really strong card on it's own, but..yeah that's it.
Master Biomancer - Can be absolutly broken in this Deck. But early he stops me from getting Experience counters
Forgotten Ancient - Same with the Hydra
I think I need more card Draw I really want to play:
Worldly Tutor (I don't have one)
Sylvan Library (As soon as I finished this Deck, I may buy one)
I also thought of going more with ETB and put in Panharmonicon but that's like building a new deck. :( And I'm missing removal I think. I'm still not sure to go the Flash Protean Hulk combo fully. Just to tutor wincons and kill everybody is something I don't want in many Decks. I have a Breya Combo deck, but Ezuri is my Favorite so that seems okay for me.
I really need suggestions what to cut. But I need an explanation WHY I should cut something. Just "cut this and this" doesn't help me.
2 months ago
Also Terramorphic Expanse, Blighted Woodland and Mosswort Bridge. // Krosan Verge is good with dual lands with basic land types, like Scattered Groves. // You may also consider least one card to give Gishath double strike (meaning double cards revealed with his ability): Duelist's Heritage, Blood Mist, Berserkers' Onslaught, Rage Reflection, True Conviction. People won't let him strike two turns in a row, so it's better to invest all in one big swing of him. Good luck, have fun :-)
3 months ago
Natural order is not in a modern legal set. instead of natural order, I would run Karametra's Acolyte for bonus mana late game.
Also why do you run the sapseep? It does not seem that useful to gain 1 life in modern. If you wanna play a tapped land, Mosswort Bridge is a much better option.
3 months ago
Lets have a look at some possible additions: Savage Ventmaw would be good as you can haste it then get 3 and 3 the same turn, allowing you to cast more.
Hydra Omnivore For those bigger games, and his a big boy.
Etali, Primal Storm For those same cast turn swings that should get you some nice stuff.
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed would be amazing, more so if you're looking at going creature focused.
Hellkite Tyrant for steeling all the artifacts and a long drawn wincon (Vs artifact decks).
Mina and Denn, Wildborn should replace on of your elves.
Blightsteel Colossus is also a big wincon for you.
That's it for creatures for now.
Chaos Warp its an important card in red, its removal of used for keeping your own things safe. This is a fantastic instant for you.
Blasphemous Act is an amazing removal card you should add.
And Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is highly recommended.
OH! don't forget Ghalta, Primal Hunger