|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
: Add to your mana pool.
, : You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||EdenGardenz , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , maR2307 , Lindough , ChrisH , , golgarigirl , Boza , Va1mar , GoldGhost012 , gildan_bladeborn , jhTheMan99 , NixterFenix|
|Want (4)||Turtlelover73 , theMarc , brokendwarf , Jelatinator|
Mosswort Bridge Discussion
on Corpse bride
6 days ago
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Woodland Cemetery, Overgrown Tomb, and Mosswort Bridge would be good. Mosswort can help you play Griselbrand too, but you might have to tweak something to get ten power on the board.
3 weeks ago
Don't mean to be trolling you, but i've actually thought about a troll deck before. Good job! Mosswort Bridge should definitely be included here.
1 month ago
First of all, your deck is hard to read due to cards appearing in multiple categories. If you want to do this create a separate category named "Deck" where you simply put your entire deck. When you write the description make sure to include your gameplan and the problematic decks you are trying to beat.
For value Nissa, Vital Force, Courser of Kruphix, Bane of Progress, Beast Within, Decimate, Green Sun's Zenith, Panharmonicon, Evolutionary Leap, Asceticism, Xenagos, the Reveler, Xenagos, God of Revels, Birthing Pod, Acidic Slime, Swiftfoot Boots, Skullclamp, Strip Mine, Wasteland, Mosswort Bridge
Cuts, my suggestions would be Amulet of Vigor, Rakka MarBUt my best suggestion would be to just play, see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly.
1 month ago
Low impact cards:
Abzan Advantage Giving an opponent the choice is always bad
Ainok Guide 2 Mana does nothing
Shields of Velis Vel If you play more dragons then you don't have to turn everything into dragons
Dromoka Captain 3 Mana for a 1/1 that doesn't help the board
Joraga Auxiliary Bad mana sink is bad
Longshot Squad Should have enough fliers
Sol Ring Should have put a ring on it
Talisman of Unity Painland knockoff
Selesnya Signet Getting the fix
Mind Stone Draw never hurt anyone(except black)
Hedron Archive Go bigger
Everflowing Chalice Sometimes big isn't enough
Fellwar Stone Someone should have what you need
Dromoka Monument At least it can dragon
Llanowar Elves The Classic
Fyndhorn Elves The Sequel
Elvish Mystic The Remake
Avacyn's Pilgrim The easy fix
Rishkar, Peema Renegade Everything is a mana dork
Gyre Sage Lots of mana
Hardened Scales Add ASAP
Sunscorch Regent Value town counters
Destructor Dragon Bad Acidic Slime
Eternal Dragon Good early and late game
Jugan, the Rising Star More counters
Steel Hellkite Removal on a stick
Gavony Township Pump the team
Frontier Siege Free mana or fights
Encroaching Wastes Bad wasteland is better than no wasteland
Mosswort Bridge Building bridges
Command Tower The EDH land
Sea Gate Wreckage Comeback king
Llanowar Reborn Some value
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood Lots of value
1 month ago
Quietman988, thanks for your card suggestions. I've thrown in Mosswort Bridge. I agree it's easy to trigger in here. I've put Lurking Predators into my maybelist. I love that card. It works great in my Xenagos: Zookeeper God deck. I just need to figure out what I'd cut for it in here.
Thanks for your help :)
1 month ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
2 months ago
If you want more stories, I shall grant them to you.
After all, it's my new favorite EDH deck, so I've played it a few times and I can recall my last game quite well.
I was playing against three opponents, the same people as before, but with different decks this time. One was Arcanis the Omnipotent, one was Riku of Two Reflections and one was Omnath, Locus of Mana. I was prepared for the hate that would come towards me, especially from the mono blue deck - I automatically assume a ton of counterspells from those.
My starting hand was pretty decent - I didn't have many lands, but I had Sol Ring, so I felt okay. Arcanis had a pretty amazing ramp engine - he played Mana Crypt, Mana Vault and Everflowing Chalice with three counters on his turn 2, which made everyone worried. I played a Propaganda early, but my opponents' decks weren't exactly creature decks, so nobody really attacked anyone. Except for Omnath later on. Arcanis cast Day's Undoing pretty early, which I could counter with Insidious Will, but I decided not to - I was pretty stuck on lands.
The stuff I drew was pretty good, but in the meantime, Omnath became a threat as well. His commander was rapidly growing and he started bashing Arcanis. In fact, his Omnath grew so big it could probably kill Arcanis with the next attack. I cast Fervor, preparing for the Narset turn. I also drew Strionic Resonator thanks to Day's Undoing, so it was looking pretty great for me.
However, Omnath became extremely threatening all of a sudden. He killed Arcanis with a 13/13 Omnath. Arcanis flashed in Snapcaster Mage to chumpblock, but Omnath cast Berserk from Mosswort Bridge's Hideaway. Then he used all of his gathered mana in the postcombat main phase, ramping up even more, playing Brittle Effigy and Yeva, Nature's Herald, among a few other things.
Now that Arcanis was out of the game, I could safely cast Narset, since Riku was tapped out. I attacked Riku and the trigger revealed Command Tower, Walk the Aeons, Spectra Ward and Conqueror's Flail. Brilliant.
My bonus turn begins. I cast Steel of the Godhead on Narset, then I equip her with Conqueror's Flail. With Boros Charm in my hand, I am able to give her double strike and finish Riku off. The trigger reveals Chandra, the Firebrand, Izzet Signet, Ashling's Prerogative and Sunder. Knowing that Omnath is a land-based deck, I don't hesitate to cast Sunder. On Omnath's turn, nothing happens because he has no mana, so he plays a Forest and passes the turn.
On my turn, I copy Narset's trigger with Strionic Resonator, revealing eight spells. One of them is Omniscience, which allows me to cast my huge hand for free. I play Temporal Trespass, Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, Elspeth, Knight-Errant and many other things. On my bonus turn, I buff Narset with Elspeth and swing for victory.
Once again, just one attack caused a hugely explosive turn. Omnath decided not to attack me because of my Propaganda, and instead aimed for Arcanis - because he had a ton of mana. In fact, he later told us that if he could have had another turn, he would've won the game on that turn, so Omnath prevented that. Which allowed me to take the win instead. Nonetheless, it was a fun game, at least for me. :)
I love this deck so much.
2 months ago
There are a few cards I included that I don't see in your list though.
Random suggestions: Tempt with Vengeance synergizes with doublers and is a good late game token sorcery, Fecundity synergizes with devour, Gruul Signet allows one of your many incolor lands to produce colored mana, Green Sun's Zenith sounds like the kind of tutor you'd want, Mosswort Bridge synergizes with Thromok or just a decent board.
I had other things like Wolfbriar Elemental and Skullmulcher in my first version but I can see the drawbacks with these. Anyway have you tested with these cards ? I'm curious to see what you think of them.