Tooth and Nail
Choose one --- Search your library for up to two creature cards, reveal them, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library; or put up to two creature cards from your hand into play.
Entwine (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)
|Want (6)||epros1285 , silver374 , Xylode , Brainlord , B1andy413 , NMJohn|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Tooth and Nail occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Tooth and Nail Discussion
2 days ago
Wow, the deck looks nice! Though, to perform the Gitrog loop you need something to shuffle the graveyard back into the library, like Kozilek, Butcher of Truth or Gaea's Blessing, otherwise you are going to mill yourself without dealing enough damage to kill everyone. You may also consider Borborygmos Enraged, works just like Seismic Assault, but you can Tooth and Nail him into play alongside The Gitrog Monster for an instant win.
If you have Cavalier of Flame on the field, you can one-shot everyone with an Obliterate and a sufficient amount of lands into play, which doesn't seem like a nuisance for you. Of course you will draw a lot of hate because of this card, maybe it's preferable not to include it, but it's an option.
Overall, really cool list!
1 week ago
In all probability those will be the 2 best cards in the set. The rest of it will be cards that didn't need reprinting.
I'm guessing the common and uncommon cards will be things like Burn Trail, Staggershock, Macabre Waltz Agonizing Memories, Overblaze and Furious Reprisal. And, of course, Double Negative as the counterspell for the set.
The reprint people asked for least: Increasing Vengeance
The card people will wish most is in the set, but isn't: Tooth and Nail
1 week ago
Looks spicy enough, you may like also God-Eternal Rhonas, which can be a total blowout; End-Raze Forerunners is another piece that may add some oomph to close out a game, Xenagos, God of Revels is a total haymaker too.
For extra beats you may sprinkle some Kessig Wolf Run.
Cheekiest card ever, but quite difficult to retrieve is Seedtime.
I tried to keep my suggestions somewhat on a budget, if you want to aim high you can go for Heroic Intervention, Veil of Summer, Traverse the Outlands, Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth (Best with Avenger of Zendikar!!!).
Have fun with Godzilla!
3 weeks ago
Alrighty! I definitely feel like this deck is reaching its conclusion. Specifically, the conclusion of dealing in hypotheticals - without holding the cards in hand and seeing how they fair against my playgroup, I fear there aren't any more substantial changes I can make.
I'm also afraid that the budget for this deck is still a bit outside of my reach. Luckily, this doesn't all have to be built in one installment. Without changing the decklist here on Tapped Out, these are the more expensive cards remaining and my budget choices for initial purchase:
- Despite having already cut out the worst offenders, Shock Lands (ex. Breeding Pool), City of Brass, and Mana Confluence still feel like substitutions I can make later.
- For now, Basics will suffice - though I may have a Shock Land or two hiding somewhere in a 60 Card deck.
- The only Creature that really fits the bill here is Craterhoof Behemoth. Frankly, it's fantastic and a Green staple for a reason. However, it too seems like something I can build up to.
- For now, I choose you End-Raze Forerunners!
- Phyrexian Altar...
- Although in a previous comment I mentioned $20+ as being around the place I'd try and trim things down, I think Phyrexian Altar is one I'll actually spring for.
- Unlike Craterhoof, whose only role is as a finisher, the second Altar is something I'd be happy to see at almost any stage in the game. Plus, if it ever comes down to it, Phyrexian Altar is playable in almost any deck - certainly a deck of any color(s).
- Nothing to see here! The only noteworthy cards (Sylvan Library + Parallel Lives) are already cards in my collection, so there's no conflict of interest.
- Crickets chirping
- Which leaves Cyclonic Rift. I mentioned this card in my first comment alongside Expropriate and Tooth and Nail as a Good Stuff card that feels like needless fluffing for my nest. C-Rift, however, made it this far in the revisions where the others did not.
- My choice of replacement actually takes things in a different direction. Rather than another Bounce Wipe (ex. Flood of Tears, Evacuation, or my previous slot-holder Whelming Wave), I'm actually going with Disrupt Decorum as my substitution.
- I don't know. Something about forcing your opponents to duke it out just seems fun and satisfying to me. And it still meets my goal of lowering their defenses for an aggressive rush.
That's all I've got for now - I still plan to check in every once and a while, so as always feel free to reach out with ideas.
Best of luck, stay safe, and wash your hands thoroughly!
3 weeks ago
Have switch Genesis Hydra for Avenger of Zendikar, Finale of Devastation for Tooth and Nail and Into the Wilds for Defense of the Heart as second way0 to get Avenger and Craterhoof Behemoth enter the battlefield the same turn.
4 weeks ago
If you wanna drop the cash, Tooth and Nail can grab Jaques Le Vert and Kruphix for Now I know my ABC's
4 weeks ago
Just something to consider:
1 month ago
xixyz depending on board/graveyard, you could also grab reanimate or eldritch evolution and get back another half of the combo or tutor whatever they put in back out. Also feels like there could be some shenanigans with spark double and Volrath. Idk cool card! thought it was just like Tooth and Nail but definitely has more interesting play patterns