|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Uncommon|
|Masters Edition III (ME3)||Rare|
|Arabian Nights (ARN)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Bazaar of Baghdad
: Draw two cards, then discard three cards.
Bazaar of Baghdad Discussion
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
LiquidGaming Muzzio, Visionary Architect was actually an EDH general I was interested in playing for awhile (love the art on that card), but somehow forgot about. From your experience how similar does he play out to Arcum Dagsson ? I will definitely check out OathBreakerMTG.org pretty often to see what's new with OathBreaker and to see what's happening in the format.
Some other cards I thought might be worth considering for Jace's Paradigm Shift (some of these are quite expensive and probably aren't 100% needed, but these are all my thoughts):
2) Mission Briefing , personally I prefer this over Snapcaster Mage , it's recursion and has the ability to get you past 2 dead draws or give you the satisfaction of knowing you will get a good draw next (not sure what to cut though).
5) City of Traitors and Crystal Vein , they probably won't ever make it onto the list, but how have Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith been playing out for you? I would forget everything these cards say and read them as: "0... Only cast this spell if you haven't played a land this turn. You can't play a land this turn, add 2 to your mana pool." They seem like they might be worth considering once you read them from that point of view.
6) Magosi, the Waterveil , first I'm gonna say I have been in love with this card ever since I got into MTG so I might be giving it a little too much credit (but then again I was the player who loved The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale when I first started playing MTG, lol), I feel the majority of the time skipping a turn if you are playing control doesn't affect you too much, but being able to take an extra turn later on can be "pretty helpful."
11) Evolving Wilds , Terramorphic Expanse , Flood Plain , and Bad River , still on the fence about these, ocassional ETB tapped lands vs deck thinning (E Wilds and T Expanse are better by a slight bit, just to say), not sure on this one. What do you think?
12) Mana Severance , we all come to those points in a game where lands are dead, but not anymore.
14) Foresight and Manipulate Fate , being able to kill three dead draws and for 2 mana on a card that replaces itself seems great in a "53 card format" (us blue players always changing the stats to whatever we want whenever we want).
These were the main cards I thought could make it onto your list, but I'm still evaluating a couple others so I'll leave more comments with those if I feel they are actually worth considering.
4 weeks ago
Would Bazaar of Baghdad have a place on this list?
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Commander / EDH*
66 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Newest project, going for a GB lands-ish strategy with artifacts to support it, using the Loam engine to hold everything together. I know I’m missing The Gitrog Monster , I’m just not sure what to cut for it. Also Deal Broker is just my budget placeholder for Bazaar of Baghdad until I can track one down.
One shiny updoot coming your way Abzkaban
1 month ago
Bazzul I love the deck btw - though it won't likely compete with Godo, that's ok.
I've crunched the numbers and currently your mana cost for the entire build is 72 - the minimum mana cost for using naus is like 52(?) I believe. So the likelihood of you having enough mana's worth in hand to reliably cast naus as a simpler method is just not going to work.
Skeletal scrying for 30-odd would find you a decent chunk of what you're looking for, even giving you the chance to pitch Phantasmagorian without unmask.
Increasing your consistency I'd recommend some basic stax: The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale , Wasteland , Strip Mine ; some further lands you could consider: Myriad Landscape , Blighted Fen (for Bone Picker ), Bazaar of Baghdad , the new Blast Zone , Forbidden Orchard is a card that works collectively with opponents to block tymnas (you give them enough spirits that they can double-block to remove it / whatever you feel is necessary), Deserted Temple will make ritual lands faster, Scrying Sheets with snow-covered swamps will help you to dig for removal (albeit a bad mana sink).
For real though, love the brew; I tried to work something out with Belzenlok when he got spoiled, so seeing this puts me to shame. Nice one.
2 months ago
Also, I am calling that Explosion Zone may break standard. Mono-Blue Tempo, Mono-Red Burn, Mono-White Aggro/Azorius Aggro, and even a few other decks could easily be pushed out if it only destroyed 1 cmc nonlands, but because decks like Sultai base themselves on Wildgrowth Walker , Merfolk Branchwalker , and Hydroid Krasis (technically always 2 cmc on field), x=2 can shut them out too.
That land may also hurt control decks using Search for Azcanta Flip as their main engine, and new decks using walkers that use the 4 drop slot religiously with Tamiyo, Jace, Chandra, or 3 drop slot with the newer walkers from RNA and WAR.
Not to mention a Bant Teferi, Hero of Dominaria / Wilderness Reclamation + Nexus of Fate deck that can now play Explosion Zon], tap it to put counters, untap it on endstep and hold an activation for any CMC the turn they play it over their opponent's head.
But is also is a Ratchet Bomb on a land, making it incredibly good for Red and Black EDH decks that need to destroy enchantments (or artifacts for Black EDH decks), or green decks that want creature removal. It will probably be the best utility land in colorless, IMO surpassing lands like Winding Canyons , Maze of Ith , Reliquary Tower , even Strip Mine / Wasteland etc. only being beaten by Bazaar of Baghdad for decks like The Gitrog Monster , Ancient Tomb or maybe Gemstone Caverns for fast combo decks in cEDH, and The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale in stax lists.
Just sayin' it looks to be a 50 dollar staple in 5 years.
3 months ago
Bazaar of Baghdad occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%