|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo set for Gatherer||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool for each creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Gaea's Cradle Discussion
1 day ago
I was just wondering if I could get some feedback/assistance on a deck i'm building, I'll link the deck list below. This is my first time attempting a mono coloured deck (I know, i'm doing things the wrong way round lol) so any pointers you could give me regarding that mindset would be a bonus too!
I'm mainly looking for mid level powered cards (nothing ridiculously expensive like Gaea's Cradle regardless of how much i'd want it lol)
Any comments would be appreciated, look forwards to hearing your recommendations!
Thanks for your time!
2 days ago
Nice going buddy! I'm impressend and amused :)
Actually there really are some crazy shit 1 mana drops. Might I suggest some more?
Here we go:
Crop Rotation cough, cough Did I mention you should run some certain two lands? ;)
Shit, I now realized that most of the cards are ramp cards while you have CMC 1. Okay, let's change plan then:
Hope this helps and feel free to check some of my volunteer 1 mana drops in: Rhys Redeemed: Infinite Enchantment Combo Control
3 days ago
Also, is not about lands but about mana so, step up your mana leave a couple land fetchers out.
6 days ago
Generally Tempt with Discovery is best when grabbing broken lands like Gaea's Cradle, Cabal Coffers, or Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth but you don't have one but you're letting an opponent (potentially) get theirs. Might just be better to replace with a Ranger's Path, Nissa's Pilgrimage, or Search for Tomorrow.
Is there any other wincon besides Craterhoof? I like decks with multiple outs for diversity's sake, personally. If you generate plenty of mana and can get Kruphix out for a few turns why not a Blue Sun's Zenith for a mill win? Or add Laboratory Maniac for a win that way? Or the classic Helix Pinnacle route? Complementing your cloning effects is Mechanized Production for multiple of a helpful artifact but also a win if people cannot answer it.
Due to Zenana and company contributing to always having a fist of 7+ lands I like Sage of Ancient Lore Flip, Overbeing of Myth, Aeon Chronicler, etc. as beatdown options who work nicely with Thassa, God of the Sea.
6 days ago
Notes for a revision, and some replies
There are some really good suggestions to the deck, but I know I am going to have a hard time cutting for them.
- Momentous Fall could go in since it is an instant and can both be used as draw and a life saver. Though I am actually afraidt to draw too many cards. Same issue with Life's Legacy and that is only sorcery speed.
- Usually budget is not an issue, but for this deck I'm trying to keep it budget'ish (as opposed to my Leeching Cotton: Oloro's Couch deck) so I won't be adding Gaea's Cradle. I'm running Mirri's Guile over Sensei's Divining Top for flavor and the devotion (I should probably consider Karametra's Acolyte)
- You have a point. Selvala, Heart of the Wilds could count for both ramp and draw.
- The Conjurer's Closet and Blade of Selves are in the mix to help the ROI on the 'friends of hydras' category.
- I think the Urza's Incubator is too weak in the ramp category for this deck (I'd prefer more doublers)
- Vines of Vastwood is great. I'll consider
- I guess I should be looking for a spot for Domesticated Hydra
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary could make it in the deck. It is sort of usefull and it has a hydra'ish picture.
I should also make room for / consider
- Rhonas the Indomitable: Trample enabler
- Prowling Serpopard: Do not counter my overly expensive spells, thank you.
1 week ago
@chaosumbreon87: Well you got me there. That combo works without losing me points. Side effects of being at work and trying analyze deck lists at the same time lol.
I was also interested in Purphoros, God of the Forge as he seems to fit the restrictions in my league as well, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the deck on the EDH tier list. Do you have any insight on Purph?
1 week ago
SaltySpecula: and MoGoose831: Thanks for both of your inputs! I don't really purchase cards so budget is definitely not an issue. I mostly play it through Xmage.As for the fetch lands, I mostly play it for the speed and ability to fetch the duals. However, I am considering changing some of them to different non-basics. One I need to add is Gaea's Cradle, and potentially one or both Strip Mine and Wasteland because Pendrell gets on my nerves. I also never really like playing basics unless I need to when I'm playing on Xmage or proxy decks with my group of friends.
As for my choice in commander, I like using Marath for his utility in this deck, rather than playing combo like he usually is. I like the unpredictability of the deck, as I rarely play the same game with it (no creature tutors!).
SaltySpecula: I love your suggestions! I think Strionic Resonator and Panharmonicon are really good! Especially the latter. As for Amonkhet, I am very excited to add a couple of those cards to this deck, especially today's Samut, Voice of Dissent. Others I'm excited about is the one you mentioned, Champion of Rhonas and Combat Celebrant.
Regarding lifegain stuff, I like the flavor of it, but I don't have enough cards for Patron and Archangel's Light to be relevant. Though I am looking for some good graveard recursion, I think Sword of Light and Shadow would do the trick. Especially for Gyre Sage or Mikaeus, the Lunarch. Those get targeted so fast.