|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool for each creature you control.
|Have (4)||KillDatBUG , rockleemyhero , , lorddarkstar|
|Want (13)||AngryDrosophila , Tyulmi , kenethare , olivo426 , Beeriadan , JeremyX2 , Salatri16 , Almughtil , Severen , CampbellStev , sonnet666 , gregc387 , Big-Foot|
Gaea's Cradle Discussion
36 minutes ago
Hey Daevied, thanks for the compliment and i'm honored that you would use my deck as a basis for your own. I can't wait to see how your preferences and style will guide you toward your ideal vision of the Hive.
What would be the cards in the list that could be exchanged depending on my meta? - Daevied
Tough question. As for the cards that I would recommend are meta-flexible, well...i'll give a few ideas I guess.
- Quick Sliver - Quick is meant to give you additional flexibility when you are playing at a table with alot of interaction. A player with an itch tap finger can be extremely annoying...especially when they see you in the lead, and leave up some of their mana before your turn begins. If you don't have that problem, then you could slot this one out. OR, if you have more than one annoying player you could slot this in for Root Sliver .
- Sliver Overlord - If you have a meta that is cEDH - only, then well...this Sliver as a commander simply won't be able to compete in first place on a consistent basis. My deck as it is built can hang with some of those decks, but it was never intended to run ahead of the pack in that kind of meta. If you want to make a truly "Sliver themed" cEDH deck, then you need to pilot The First Sliver + Food Chain or maybe Sliver Queen Combo.
- Lands - The most expensive part of this deck are the lands. Honestly, you don't need to have Original Duals and Fetches to have a consistent manabase. If you have a slightly more relaxed meta, you could opt for the Mirage Fetchlands. As for duals, you could snatch up the recently reprinted Shocklands. Utility lands like Gaea's Cradle can be swapped out basics (trust me, it's good to have them - especially when someone in your meta decides to run Blood Moon in a 5 color deck...jerk)
Btw, you can combo Hibernation Sliver , Lavabelly Sliver , and Morophon, the Boundless with any lifelink sliver .p - Daevied
I saw a different use for Lavabelly Sliver in the form of Sliver Queen + Lavabelly Sliver + Basal Sliver - Infinite ETBs = Infinite "Drain for 1" effects. Morophon 's aesthetic just didn't vibe with me, and I won't include it in any of my builds - but I do see the combo potential. Honestly, First Sliver's Chosen caught my eye, and i've been curious as to what I could do with it. Any thoughts? Oh, and thanks for commenting on my page, and thanks again for the compliments. Good luck in your build!
Chitinous Approval Ensues
2 days ago
I would probably cut Good-Fortune Unicorn and add in Squirrel Nest . I run it, and it's a combo win that you don't need Ghave for. Sets pressure to the table, and it can feed altars for more mana or Gaea's Cradle . A buddy of mine plays Ghave also, and runs both Academy Rector and Recruiter of the Guard . Sets up insane hulk lines and quite resilient. As far as Ad Nauseam goes, it's one of my favorite cards in Magic, but if you're doing a hulk pile in the deck, it could potentially hurt. So if you were doing hulk, I'd cut Ad Nauseam for Revilliark. Probably cut out Geralf's Messenger and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard too. Only because I've found Yisan is a tad too slow, and Geralfs is sometimes hard to cast. Although, that's a double standard because Messenger is just so good in Ghave and every day I consider adding it back. But idk. So maybe Yisan for Rector, Messenger for Animate Dead , and instead of Runic, (he's great, just imo he's too slow and situational)) I'd cut maybe Natural Order for Tymna the Weaver . She's just too powerful both early and mid game to get in swings and draw usually 3 cards a turn. No one will block if Ghave is out with open mana, most people won't trade their mana dorks. They just let stuff through.
I'm at work, and only glanced over your list for cuts and considered what I find to be too slow. I like the addition of Choke though. Seeing this list made me wanna buy one and add it to mine. Urza is getting out of hand in my meta lok
5 days ago
Wooded Bastion is an awesome add - I'll have to look for one, don't have a spare...
The panoramas are super-underrated cards.. not sure I'll pop them in though.
Reflecting Pool tapping for colorless isn't intuitive, glad you mentioned it
6 days ago
Beebles: I think the only way I add Finale of Devastation is if I also add Green Sun's Zenith and Dryad Arbor . This would also mean I remove Chord of Calling and Natural Order . Do you think this is a sound idea? I am definitely interested to hear what everyone thinks about that.
XinZhao: Overall I think Blast Zone is to slow of most commander decks. The only way it sees play is if you are playing a deck solely focused on recurring lands, and that is just not that deck. I think there are several other utility lands that would make it into the deck if I was in the market to add some.
GeminiSpartanX, Frank_Glascock and Dankey: Thanks for adding your opinion to the mix! I agree with you on what is considered an “auto-include”. The only other planeswalker I have tried in the deck is Nissa, Vital Force , I have never included Nissa, Voice of Zendikar (if that is the 3 cmc one you are talking about. I still think Nissa, Vital Force deserves a spot in the deck, I just had to cut here because there were better option out there. The big difference with Wrenn and Six is the utility and cmc. But I do see your point when compared to Sylvan Scrying . I have to ask the question, would I rather pull my Gaea's Cradle out of my deck on turn 2-5 or get a fetch back from my hand from the graveyard for the next couple turns (at least). I THINK Gaea's Cradle wins this argument only SOMETIMES. Hitting my land-drops every turn is much more important early game. Later game Sylvan Scrying wins every time. So, I’ll keep Sylvan Scrying in for now, but would still like to try Wrenn and Six somehow…
1 week ago
Heroes' Podium is a pretty great card in here. Since you don't really have that many green symbols in this deck, try taking out Gaea's Cradle for Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers . I like how this deck is mostly foiled!!
1 week ago
Wrenn and Six seems like an inferior choice to either of the above listed cards. I will compare it to Sylvan Scrying as Crop Rotation is the vastly superior card to Wrenn and Six and the debate would be pointless.
Wrenn and Six, with our low creature count, is most likely getting one activation if cast before Omnath and the arrival of the elementals. Sylvan Scrying always gets ANY land. Sure IF Wrenn and Six survives mutiple turns and there are land cards in your graveyard it is the superior card.
But, unlike Sylvan Scrying it is not good in every stage of the game. It can't help the deck overcome difficult metas such as heavy control and heavy removal. Sylvan Scrying does just that by getting Cavern of Souls , Yavimaya Hollow and Command Beacon . All of this is just icing on the cake for Sylvan Scrying as it gets one of the best cards in the deck in Gaea's Cradle . One could argue that Sylvan Scrying has a higher floor and ceiling than Wrenn and Six.
1 week ago
I'll add my opinion on the matter I guess! The only auto-includes for the deck from horizons are Springbloom Druid and Prismatic Vista . Wrenn and Six doesn't do enough to earn a spot imho. I feel that it would eventually get cut for similar reasons that you cut 3-Mana Nissa for.
I not sure that Boundless Realms could be a good cut from the deck. For me, I separate ramp spells in my mind between ones I want early compared to ones I want after Omnath hits the field. Realms and Scapeshift are the best ones that 'combo' with Omnath, while the rest I'm fine using early to ramp. Smaller ramp spells are still good after Omnath comes out, but Realms and Scapeshift will often just win the game on the spot. I also can't cut Splendid Reclamation due to some people in my meta running Armageddon effects. For that reason I'm also taking a hard look at Reap the Past as a recovery card if things don't go well, or as a way to buy back ramp spells and lands for after Omnath drops. Now that I'm thinking about it, Reap might be a good replacement for boundless realms as a post-Omnath play but still has value beforehand if needed.
Lastly, I don't think I'll ever cut any spell that allows me to search up Gaea's Cradle . I feel Cradle directly accounts for about half of my wins with the deck, so getting it into play is a priority for me. I'd rather cut a card like Circuitous Route than my Sylvan Scrying or Crop Rotation . That being said, Hour of Promise having the lands come into play tapped has hurt me in some games. That one might deserve a hard look as it has a pretty big mana cost for what it does, although knowing myself I'll likely not cut it.
Anyway, that's my .02
1 week ago
I love the deck, personally I love the uncommon commanders, I've got Hallar, the Firefletcher who is pretty beast as a commander so you have great respect. Now for some suggestions.
- Tideforce Elemental combos off with your Llanowar Scout
- Lotus Cobra is expensive but can help you play heaps
- Jaddi Offshoot and Grazing Gladehart gain you heaps more life
- Guardian of Tazeem I know it's not Mono-blue but I think this would still work with your land bouncing
- Tireless Tracker is such a great card, you may have missed it because it has pseudo-landfall instead of the real thing
- Retreat to Kazandu Very versatile to gain you heaps more life or pump up one of your creatures (or someone else's you never know)
- Horizon Chimera nice little neat creature to keep your life total up
- Oneirophage is new and such a cool card and a meme. Flying is helpful though
Planeswalkers: (Maybe you have something against them which is ok but here's a few)
- Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner you'll get the creature trigger off every Rampaging Baloths and the untap is great for your lands and scouts. Maybe even consider Kiora's Follower with it?
- Nissa, Vital Force nuff said, great card
- Tamiyo, the Moon Sage draw, Draw, DRAW!!
I don't know what your budget is like (especially with Gaea's Cradle in there) but there's some suggestions that might make your already awesome deck even better. Happy brewing, hope this helps :)
Gaea's Cradle occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%