|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica (GRN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target permanent an opponent controls. Its controller may search their library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle their library.
Assassin's Trophy Discussion
5 days ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
6 days ago
1 week ago
Mdmaster13 I'd like to hear your thoughts on this potential version of my golgari Scales deck, I haven't committed to the changes (which is why I made this copy to play around with lol) but these are things I'm considering.
Changes from the list I took to tournament:
I ran into a few hands where Avatar of the Resolute couldn't enter with any counters so I wanted to add more early creatures with +1/+1 counters and more protection ON said creatures. Also Spell Queller was obnoxious and I wanted an answer so that's why I am opting for Transgress the Mind instead of Duress.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
You need more reliable ways to deal with Torpor Orb , Hushwing Gryff , and Hushbringer because if they land they will make your deck quite useless. That Reclamation Sage in your hand would love to blow up Torpor Orb... too bad it doesn't work anymore. Good spot removal like Abrupt Decay , Beast Within , Return to Nature , Assassin's Trophy , etc. These are ESSENTIAL for a Yarok deck because the above cards really do wreck you.
You might want to invest in some lower cost mana ramp options like 1 CmC mana dorks and some more of the 2 CmC draw creatures. This ism aninly to lower your mana curve and let you go off a bit faster.
2 weeks ago
I think Villainous Wealth could be replaced by a number of much stronger cards. Tooth and Nail or Green Sun's Zenith both would be better, in my opinion, since your deck is almost entirely composed of creatures.
Painful Quandary seems like a very odd choice. It doesn't synergize with Yarok at all.
To be more consistent, I would play another ramp spell like Into the North , Cultivate , Kodama's Reach , or Skyshroud Claim . I'd also consider playing a piece of catch-all interaction like Assassin's Trophy or Beast Within .
Collective Restraint is a good card, but I don't think you need to worry about being overrun. I'd replace it with something that protects you from something you actually are vulnerable to - boardclears. Something like Heroic Intervention or Asceticism would fit the bill.
2 weeks ago
- Current boardstate and meta.
You may have the PERFECT answer in your deck, whether you know because you fine-tuned the deck and played it dozens of times, or because you are savvy enough of a player to actually read your damn cards, but that doesn't mean the answer is good for that particular situation.
You need to often times account for the entire board and what the other players are running, not just a single threat.
Yes, very much so is it the case where a single presence of something is the problem. For example, an The Ur-Dragon with Lightning Greaves is obviously just going to run away with the entire damn game.
But... they get a land out of it. And this land will give them enough mana to recast The Ur-Dragon . So, even if you do manage to kill that big bastard, it just comes back out next turn. Is it really worth spending three spells (Tutor + Assassin's Trophy + kill spell) just to temporarily remove a threat for a single turn? Probably not.
Well. This works as a response. Okay, so maybe you should tuck it into your hand and wait. But is it really that good? Everybody gets their cards back into their hand, sure. But that does just mean they can recast everything. But your other opponent is running an Avenger of Zendikar and they have out like a bajillion lands. That's not going to be very helpful. Plus, do you really want your opponent with the Ur-Dragon to go off a turn or two later by playing a ton of Dragons and getting more value out of them? Cyclonic Rift is only a bandaid. Players often rebuild in a single turn, sometimes two turns.
It doesn't resolve the issue of the Lightning Greaves . Your opponent will just recast their Ur-Dragon and re-equip it. That puts you directly back at square-one, only now you have wasted both a tutor and a Cyclonic Rift . Hm.
Wait a second... You found a Altered Ego . Now THAT is interesting! Why not make a copy of your own Ur-Dragon?! The threat of mutual destruction is enough to prevent your opponent from attacking into you. This, in turn, protects you from this massive threat. It also provides you political leverage.
- The Ur-Dragon player can't attack, lest they open themselves up to retaliation
- Nobody else wants to attack into either of you two and draw your ire
- You can make deals; "I won't attack, IF---"
But... maybe your table has shown they aren't keen on politics? Maybe your table is full of players who just endlessly slug it out. To them, politics are for players in losing positions; They'd rather just win on their own.
... fuck it. Damnation it is. Reset the entire game.
There are many answers. The real question is; "Which is the CORRECT one?"
2 weeks ago
Hi there TheDigitalDevil. Another great input, thanks man!
- Thrashing Brontodon should definitely be in there. I prefer it over Return to Nature though. The dino is a bit more expensive, but doubles as a beater and strong blocker and synergizes with the sacrifice theme.
- The Elderspell is another spell that will come in handy, especially if Jeskai Fires becomes the new top-dog. A singleton might be enough though, as Assassin's Trophy , Casualties of War and Duress are great for that matchup too. I haven't played it in the 'new' format, so more copies might also be valid. Have you tried it post Oko ban?
- Garruk, Cursed Huntsman is a very strong card, but Liliana, Dreadhorde General has stronger synergies with the deck, so I'd probably still prefer her in the 6-drop slot.
Assassin's Trophy occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
BUG (Sultai): 0.82%
BRG (Jund): 0.96%
All decks: 0.27%
All decks: 0.51%
All decks: 0.35%