|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
Walking Ballita enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
: Put a +1/+1 counter on Walking Ballista.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Walking Ballista: It deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||perrin515 , ZombieFood , westdoorblowsnow , Lindough , DrPopular , ecurps , Dr_Jay , KipIsKosher , Gabeph , thetechzombie , jrschnoebelen , philktoken8998 , cklise , prass1 , Dawnsly , TuckerMTG , Lucretian , mentor6 , kpral|
|Want (9)||Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , edster , Dadaman11 , Spinalripper , BladeMasta220 , Archegos , vashaclarens , Falte|
Walking Ballista Discussion
a few seconds ago
Cheers for the advise. I think for now I'll go for the 2/4/6 ramp. Maybe cause there is no 1 drop ramp (which makes me sad). Also worked on the lands, with a lot of Cycling and Scrying i don't there there is too much of a need for Evolving Wilds, though I may be wrong. considering moving the Greater Sandwurm for a pair of Hour of Promise, and if I do, will leave the 1-off Hostile desert as a fetch.
Also looking towards next format now, so going to avoid card that will rotate soon. Vizier dropped for Walking Ballista, as the ballista is a better mana sink.
6 hours ago
@elephantambush Hi there, just saw this list up on reddit (I think I've seen this list before?) and I'm quite interested in some of the card choices:
- I see you have the black rituals but why none of the red one? (I'm talking about Desperate Ritual, Rite of Flame etc) the deck seems to have enough red cards for these to be solid inclusions. Also why Inner Fire? I understand how you want to have a decent hand size via TSG, but you're only getting about 1-3 red mana so wouldn't the rituals be better?
- I'm not a fan of giving your opponents resources, but Mana Flare can backfire extremely hard (trust me, there's always someone who'll benefit more from this than you) I would replace it with Braid of Fire (bit slow so might not be the best choice tho) or with Caged Sun, or just another red ritual.
- TBH I think the first outlet should be replaced with Walking Ballista, I mean you've already got half the mike combo (NB: since ur at infinite TSG acts a sac outlet) in there, Exsanguinate and Walking Ballista can both be countered but rakdos has more ways to get back creatures from the graveyard than opposed to sorceries (red has some janky ones).
- for board clear Fire Covenant can do work here (life is just a resource) its acts as a one side clear or removal for threatening targets.
- Kozilek, Butcher of Truth > Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
- you'll definitely need more than just reanimation spell, just having Animate Dead isn't really enough (especially since there are bearly any tutors, and this deck relies too heavily on drawing into the combo) Dance of the Dead, and Necromancy should be included in case animate dead gets countered or exiled (trust me it more often happens when your opponents know you're going for worldgorger).
- This is list seems to require TSG on the field to function, so adding in protection (eg Imp's Mischief) for the commander would be a must.
- Faithless Looting and Cathartic Reunion?
Either way, I'll leave my list if you're interested in looking for some things to improve or add (it's more of a competitive list but includes many ways to protect TSG which I think your list lacks) Scorpion god combo (CEDH)
20 hours ago
1 day ago
Grand Architect is a bonkers card when run in an artifact deck, and I'd recommend running some all stars like Walking Ballista and Smuggler's Copter to round out the deck. This archetype recently saw play in a number of modern events, so I also recommend having a skim of this decklist: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-u-39361#paper. Hope this helps!
3 days ago
Though I truly like Buried Alive and Jarad's Orders, I'm very reluctant to add more tutors to the deck. Mostly because it already contains quite a few of them, as well as the incredible effective Hermit Druid and Life from the Loam that allow self-mill AND a plethora of ways to draw additional cards.
I'd like a Walking Ballista, but I don't have one and obtaining one at this time in my country is next to impossible (no retailer has had it in stock for months).
3 days ago
A cool little affordable combo you could look into incorporating is Buried Alive, Necrotic Ooze, Phyrexian Devourer, and Triskelion. You fetch all three, bring back Necrotic Ooze through Meren, and win on your end step if no one has answers as you just keep drawing from your deck to gain counters until you can ping the table to zero.
Protean Hulk + Walking Ballista + Mikaeus, the Unhallowed is another cool combo similar to Tooth and Nail but needs a sacrifice outlet to get going. It's a bit on the pricier side but it seems great with tutors!
3 days ago
Ok everyone, I was thinkering about the Daxos the Returnedlist today and here is what I have come up with:
I think we are all stuck about the win condition needing to come from enchantments but... I mean we are not obligated to stick to enchantments!!! Like it has been mentionned before, Bomberman combo would be something pretty spicy IMO with this commander, since it can be an infinite mana sink at the very least (we only need one counter on him). I would stick to that idea, so the core of the deck would be having at least 1 experience counter, then infinite mana. No matter if the commander is still in play or no. We start by generating infinite white with Auriok Salvagers + Lion's Eye Diamond, then we go for infinite black, then infinite tokens. Simple. I know we have to wait an entire turn then to swing and win, but that would be a start.
To gather exp counters, I would add in the deck a suite of enchantments that would help fighting against top tier strategies. I am still looking to list them all, but for sure things like Rule of Law against storm, Leyline of the Void against any graveyard based strategy/Protean Hulk, Leyline of Sanctity against anything that can target you (Aetherflux Reservoir/Walking Ballista)... Many enchantments out there will help us hate on top tier decks, so we could play like a suite of stax enchantments, with all the support from white and black to tutor and draw and have good enchantments, I think it could be fairly potent.
I will work on a decklist form now and post it here again once I will be done to get comments/feedback, and compare with the other lists you guyz are working on.