|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice the creature at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||SoggyGecko , dexxter7 , DrLitebur , Vasbear1 , jstn.mrrtt , Metaphisyk , Mousemke|
|Want (27)||Dadaman11 , ZombieCat , Doom_of_Valyria , PhyrexianScience , afeuling , Jpegwun , ryuzaki32667 , marsp44 , smaps , TiredTofu , Feyd-Rautha , turnbuckle , DeifiedExile , Draknoz , RoninH3RO , Beagleofevil , rakdos24 , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , TheBl0b , kovellen , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , Weetabix0 , Pardus , Enkki , blzrby , KevinLS , NightLight5454|
Sneak Attack Discussion
1 week ago
1 week ago
Driemer84: Honestly, I've pulled off several victories with Lightning Runner. I only have to have 4 attacking copies and it goes infinite (which is surprisingly easy here). Also, some of my favorite art ever, haha.
I have a Grim Monolith, Mana Vault, and Chrome Mox sitting around, but honestly I hadn't thought they'd fit super well here. Grim Monolith and Mana Vault are "one use" artifacts most of the time, and this deck wants to be able to use mana from its rocks multiple times rather than once in a large burst. Meanwhile, I don't want to sacrifice the card advantage from Chrome Mox, especially in a deck with a relatively high colorless percentage.
Arcane Artisan has been AMAZING. Sneak Attack a bit less so, honestly? But I've paired it with Helm of the Host in the past to do some really silly things, and it helps me get copiable creatures out early so I can clone them with token-making effects (which usually wins the game if I have a couple other tokens to replicate into copies of them.
Thank you both!!
1 week ago
Absolutely! Flameshadow Conjuring doesn't require a cast, rather a non-token ETB. I use it and Sneak Attack to great effect in my Brion Stoutarm. And Feldon of the Third Path Just cares about your stuff dying, which it often will. I see him as a late game recursion tool that fits in with the token theme.
I also found and want to suggest Spell Swindle. I know you want to keep your counterspells cheap, but the potential army of tokens it could make for you is too good not to run.
You're right, Rite of the raging Storm doesn't seem like the right fit.
As for cuts, it depends on how your playtesting is going and if you feel you have the right ratio of all your categories. With that in mind, here's what I would do:
- Spell Swindle for either Arcane Denial or Mana Drain(budget consideration)
- Flameshadow Conjuring for Followed Footsteps
- Feldon of the Third Path for Supplant Form
That's my advice! Seriously, the deck looks awesome :)
2 weeks ago
First of, thanks a lot for your ideas! I probably will upgrade my dragon base as i am not really on a budget anymore. I am not home, so as soon as i get there i will look at my dragons and put that Hellkite Tyrant right in. I might add that dethrone and board nuke one as well.
Now as for other cards: Warp World is a lot of mana and by the time i get there, a lot of people will probably have way more permanents than me and thats not really what u want when u play that card. Also i don't even run that many dragons because i need mana rocks etc to make the deck consistent.
Mana Geyser i am actually thinking about that one. Its a lot of mana amd thats always nice. Biggest drawback is that its a sorcery speed. But i might slap it in instead of Seething Song. Whatever gets my Dragonstorm going haha.
Geosurge seems like a worse seeting song. U get 3 extra mana i stead of 2,bht with a big restriction.
Sneak Attack superb card. But since my commander works in kinda other way i go for lower COCs if possible, so i wont usually have 3 big dragons to cheat in. Also i have no recursion basically, so it seems like a way better 1v1 card instead of a 4 player game this deck is built for.
Hellkite Tyrant yea he's goin in
Chandra, Flamecaller idk i run a respectable ampunt of boardwipes and hate. Cards like Chandra's Ignition seem better. My other chandra is there because draw (might switch her for Chandra, Torch of Defiance for versatility) and Koth... Well he is a mono red staple
Now I'll try to explain the cards you didnt like,because i feel like they deserve the spot there.
Sword of the Animist because mono red has terrible mana base and this is an almost guaranteed extra land per turn from turn 4-5 on because i always have at least that 1 creature and especially early on i try to not overexpand so i dont get focused. This card is ideal for just that. I can put it on anything and i just ramp until i can do enough stuff to make a difference. Honestly dragons seem scary for some reason so i just try to control early on as much as i can and than somehow play like 3 dragons in 1 turn which is usually enough with Lathliss to kill at least the most troublesome opponent. But yea Sword of the Animist has proven its worth over and over again.
Sword of Light and Shadow besides that land that's a little gimmicky, this is the only recursion i have in my color. Now i know its kind of weird to give swords to dragons, but a little buff and protection from colors with the most amount of single target removal spells/abilities doesn't seem that bad. Also i would usually put it on some other dragon than Lathliss so if my opponent only has one removal spell to use i still get some value. A lot of decks can't really deal with this card and if this is the omly thing on my board after a boardwipe in midgame and i draw something like Dragonspeaker Shaman and have otherwise an empty hand... Well now i probably won't have that problem.
Thanks again for the suggestions and i hope i don't seem stubborn as far as my choices go. I just had a better experience with these cards :)
3 weeks ago
Warp World: Big way to cheat all your dragons in to play in one big turn.
Mana Geyser: Generate a lot of mana in one big turn, and dragons are very mana intensive.
Geosurge: Another big mana spell for creature heavy decks.
Sneak Attack: For making big turns with your dragons.
Feldon of the Third Path: Reanimate the dragons from your graveyard.
Hellkite Tyrant: A wincon against some decks on it own.
Chandra, Flamecaller: I think it is the best PW for mono-red decks, because it is a Boardwipe, Reforge the soul and Damage all attached to a single card. I would for sure trade any of the PW you use for it.
Where Ancients Tread: Alternate to Warstorm Surge.
1 month ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 month ago
Yeah I also realized a bit late that since you got Sneak Attack the two cheap Dragons aren't really necessary. I will give you some more work and suggest Mana Echoes though, teheheh (it also enables the Steel Hellkite combo)
2 months ago
Looks great, I haven't played Mayael in years so my suggestions might be out of date. Sneak Attack is great when your hand gets filled. Scroll Rack can help you get some card draw while letting you prepare another cheat by stacking the top of the deck with the creature you want. Rings of Brighthearth can also be amazing for a double activation for only 2 colorless. Quicksilver Amulet is also great to cheat in some fatties. As for ramp, Bloom Tender is amazing and can get you an early Mayael activation.