|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Tap: Add to your mana pool.
, Tap: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.
, Tap: If you both own and control Hanweir Battlements and a creature named Hanweir Garrison, exile them, then meld them into Hanweir, the Writhing Township.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Hanweir Battlements Discussion
6 days ago
Rings of Brighthearth is great for copying Zirilan's ability.
Scroll Rack is good for putting dragons back into your deck if you don't have enough mana to cast them from your hand.
I love Zirilan, it was one of the cards my older brother passed on to me when he gave me his collection as a kid, so it'll always have a special place for me. If you have any interest, here's a list that I used for awhile until I dismantled the deck for parts and moved on to another commander. It goes all-in on Zirilan's tutor ability and trying to combo off without having to cast dragons from hand. It may give you some ideas, but if anything your list is inspiring me to put my deck back together!
+1 for Wheel of Time references.
6 days ago
As a fellow jeleva player, i think what the deck wants is more access to haste. Urabrask is cool, but costly and doesn't normally come out before Jeleva. Dragon Tempest, Swiftfoot Boots, Hanweir Battlements, Flamekin Village, Break Through the Line, and Hall of the Bandit Lord are all great options that are cheap. You want to make sure you can curve into Jeleva perfectly. Get a ramp spell and a haste source immediately and suddenly you're in business.
another suggestion i might add is to consider ways to remove Jeleva yourself. I personally run five boardwipes to give me a better chance at clearing the board and giving me the opportunity to recast Jeleva for more value later on or next turn. also consider sacrifice outlets as a good, reliable way to get rid of Jeleva. High Market is great but consider Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar, and other sac outlets to consistently remove her.
Additionally, i'm not crazy about some of the creature you have in the deck. The more creatures there are, the better chance you have of whiffing on a Jeleva cast. I'd focus it down to a couple creatures that will help your deck excel. Galvanoth is great to cheat out your spells, but you could probably cut down on some creatures in exchange for more utility pieces for your deck. Swarm Intelligence is a powerhouse card that could easily replace a creature. Silent-Blade Oni is a great "Gotcha!" card that with let you sneak in to steal a card (since no one ever blocks Jeleva, and she naturally has flying.) Wildfire Eternal is an absolute must have for the deck. Being able to cheat out multiple spells in a turn between Jeleva and Wildfire Eternal is back-breaking for the opposition.
Finally, consider more ramp! There are a lot of great ramps spells to add. The Talismans, Fellwar Stone, and others will make the deck more consistent in making the deck function more quickly and getting Jeleva out on turn 2 or three is an awesome feeling.
These are all my opinions, but i hope they help. :)
1 week ago
Cryptolith Fragment Flip is a card I forgot about - great tech for your general! Including that, you have about 6 cards of CMC Three or less to help you get Rakdos deployed. I like Shepherd of Rot better than Pyrohemia just to add to your count. If you need more cards like this Honden of Infinite Rage, Granite Shard, and Chalice of Life Flip don't die to a Wrath. Leechridden Swamp and Piranha Marsh are other suggestions. Shizo, Death's Storehouse helps in any black deck where the Commander wants to attack.
Shadowblood Ridge I dislike since it forces you to contort your tapping of lands to get the mana you need. Signets are fine because they're acceleration, but playing this land any time before turn 4 seems a bit risky with double-R or double-B spells.
The deck seems light on removal (both targeted and sweepers). I'm guessing you intend to be aggressive and hope for the best the entire game since you have no haste, hexproof, nor shroud. Flamekin Village and Hanweir Battlements help. Also be careful with Herald of Leshrac... don't want to lose a few friends...
Overall I assess you have a very optimistic game plan.
2 weeks ago
wall of text warning, sorry i got a little carried away, i love Zacama, and been playing a lot of it so i couldn't resist trying to help another player out.
My thoughts on your artifacts:
Doubling Cube it's not very good in a zacama deck as it's not really recur-able like the other mana doublers.
Sunforger it's essentially 8 mana to tutor for an instant, that's mana better spend just drawing cards, or better tutors.
The Immortal Sun if you're trying to stop a lot of planeswalker in your meta, keep it, otherwise it's too expensive of a cast.
after you cut those artifacts add in Stony Silence and/or Null Rod which adds more stuff for your enlightned tutor to fetch. this will not really stop you other than your equipments, sol ring, and mana vault (which I MIGHT cut, up to you though on that one) which is waaay less important than everyone else's rocks that they're probably relying on more than you.
thoughts on Enchantments:
Aura Shards you're not running enough creatures to really benefit you, and Zacama IS aura shards.
Aggravated Assault + Bear Umbra is cute at best, but outside of that just a straight double strike is just better than wasting your time with this combo, other than Etali you don't really benefit from additional combat steps.
Dictate of Karametra, Heartbeat of Spring, Zhur-Taa Ancient don't help other players, unless your deck is fast enough to win on the turn these come out, you're helping 3 other players that's NOT you. that's a strict 3 to 1 disadvantage no matter how much more lands you have. if you really want another doubler, Zendikar Resurgent.
Sunbird's Invocation is another cute card, and in a zacama deck i feel like it's just more a "win-more" card than actually helping you advance your board state, specially for it's mana cost.
please let me know how successful you've been with Food Chain + Myth Unbound combo works out for you, i thought about it, but didn't pull the trigger for it yet. Also how is Shapers' Sanctuary working out for you? i like 1 drops, and ones that can draw you cards is even better. On average how many cards do you think you draw from that card per play?
Banefire is that to remove planeswalkers? if so that's actually pretty smart, i didn't think of using it that way, but it's good to have.
Plea for Guidance this is to get your aggravated assault/bear umbra or food chain/myth unbound combo i assume, any other combos i'm missing? it's pretty expensive to play, 6 mana to search, then another 6-14 mana to get those other combos going. If you decide to keep it, i recommend adding Abundance to combo with Sylvan Library pick up lands or non lands to your liking and not pay life.
other than that, i'd recommend more ramp spells and tutors:
Rampant Growth, Hunting Wilds (don't ever pay the kicker), and Traverse the Outlands gets crazy as soon as Zacama drops, Kodama's Reach and Cultivate wouldn't hurt. Hour of Promise ramps AND searches for ANY land.
Uncage the Menagerie can play well too, but you'll have to actually build your deck around it a bit more to actually be effective.
As far as creatures go, i recommend the mana dork squad, having a consistent turn 1 play every game will really affect your board state advantage, having 3 mana on turn 2 is a big difference, specially for all the ramp spells you want to be casting.
Chameleon Colossus is a great creature for mana sink, pump it up, then you can Soul's Majesty it, or similar effect with it.
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma and Spellbreaker Behemoth this is hit and miss. you only really have 7-10 creatures they actually affect, if you feel like you're running enough green, Emerald Medallion can be better value than goreclaw, and Vexing Shusher and Prowling Serpopard would affect more of your deck than spellbreaker.
Whitemane Lion combo's with Panharmonicon to infinitly bounce zacama for the same mana cost as Temur, if temur ever gets exiled. also having flash, can save a creature in case of a removal or something.
Garruk, Primal Hunter is pretty much another Soul's Majesty. it's worth the slot even for just a 1 time use draw card when your fatties are out.
Recursion, your deck is lacking pretty much every basic form of it. Eternal Witness and Regrowth are just green staples. and personally, i would cut Praetor's Counsel for Seasons Past it's cheaper to cast, and will get back most of what you need anyways.
also i would up your land count to 36-38 your deck's average CMC is too high to be greedy on lands.
Kessig Wolf Run is just another quality land.
2 weeks ago
Some card Suggestions for you
- -Breath of Fury This, Sidar and a haste source like Lightning Greaves ends the game.
- Ohran Viper Draw and destroy
- Spawnwrithe If you have Kondo out it can double each combat phase.
- Hanweir Battlements haste or meld
hope this helps you out I have a similar deck that I went a different direction with if you're interested it's here https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/this-is-the-turn-that-never-ends-1/. Enjoy your Games
P.S. I saw this deck off commander replay.
3 weeks ago
Don't worry about the time. Stolen Strategy sounds neat tbh. Cheering Fanatic was one and the other one was Treasure Nabber. I am giving a try to Reverberate in my Lyzolda deck to copy ramp early on or my X spells later on.
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
1 month ago
Journeyer's Kite seems pretty slow. you might be better off with something like Chandra, Torch of Defiance, It ramps you and has a lot more versatility. Also, I don't know how much value you get off Homeward Path, and Reliquary Tower. cards like Koth of the Hammer want mountains in specific. on the other hand you might want the other haste lands. Hanweir Battlements and Flamekin Village.