|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Kaladesh Inventions (MPS)||Mythic Rare|
|Commander's Arsenal (CMA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may pay . If you do, draw a card.
|Have (3)||metalmagic , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (5)||paragon22 , madman-from-space , calliir , PTsmitty , chaoticmcunited|
Mind's Eye Discussion
5 days ago
6 days ago
Hey, nice deck.
I think Mind's Eye is not so powerfull, maybe for the sideboard against blue. Maybe play some Ornithopter or Memnite for cheap defense and pushing Arcbound Crusher . Did you thought about Amulet of Safekeeping in your sideboard as counterspell?
1 week ago
1 week ago
Also OG Ugin/Karn are definitely add-ins here, they are far more powerful than the newer ones.
If you keep your spells or CMC low to the ground you could do a colorless storm build using Aetherflux Reservoir .
Also I'm a huge fan of Chaos Wand + Engine + Rocks to cast all of everyone's stuff! (serves two purposes, fun and to get rid of those cards so they can't be used against you!).
Not sure why Sculpting Steel isn't already here.
Staff of Domination is a little pricey but... definitely a utility here!
Wurmcoil Engine for SURE belongs in the deck.
Mind's Eye for sure belongs here for some draw power!
Lastly Voltaic Key combos with a lot of stuff in artifacts.
Also I'm much more inclined to encourage the artifact route with some Eldrazi titan's at the top end, than a weird mix like you have now. My artifact deck, Daretti, runs one Ulamog, Ceaseless Hunger as just a top end as it generates a lot of mana naturally... Also gotta love that two Scour From Existences for 4 mana less...
1 week ago
Haven’t really looked into Selfless Spirit which is actually a really good card. I mostly try to make the board wipe protection at instant speed though since then my opponents are more likely to play them and wipe everyone else instead, but with it being searchable for Recruiter of the Guard I can see having it.
3 weeks ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
1 month ago
Mind's Eye I feel is an auto include for mono red dragons. My line of play is if I'm out of dragons to play I play minds eye and pass trying to draw alot of cards so when it comes back to me i dump out my hand full of dragons
1 month ago
If you are looking for cards to take out, the primary cards I would look at: Martial Law - Only gets one creature, and is somewhat slow as a 4 mana do-nothing enchantment, while it can eek out value, it can also do very little Recumbent Bliss - Trading 1 for 1 with a single opponent sets you behind the other players, and I'm not sure the life gain is worth it. Ith, High Arcanist - Seems like it doesn't quite do near enough for its mana cost, and its suspend can be really slow. Like, if you have it on turn 2, great, but that may not happen often enough to be worth it. Icy Manipulator - Like martial law, but also you have to pay for it. It's by no means useless, but it's slow, it only works on thing a turn, and it might just do nothing for you. Mind's Eye - is super slow. Like, if you want to draw, lets say 5 cards, you have to invest 4 mana intially, and then 4 more mana over subsequent turns. Or, you could just cast Tidings and draw 4 cards for 5 mana. Victory Chimes - just meh. While you can dream of making cool deals for the extra mana, as someone who has played Spectral Searchlight , its mostly just a bad mana rock.
Also, just as a word of advice, one thing you need to be aware of as a control deck is that when you use removal on someone's threat, be it a counter, or other removal, it puts you at card disadvantage. With that in mind, I would advise cheaper counterspells, such as Swan Song , Arcane Denial style cards. Also, packing some more card draw would maybe not be the worst idea, instead of the group draw artifacts you have currently. That's my personal advice! Good luck :+)
Mind's Eye occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%