|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
The Immortal Sun
Players can't activate planeswalkers' loyalty abilities.
At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
Spells you cast cost less to cast.
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
The Immortal Sun Discussion
17 hours ago
I’d add more mana ramp and some interaction to your deck. A bunch of double strike creatures won’t help if your opponent can consistently blow them up or make attacks not profitable.
As for mana ramp I would first get a Smothering Tithe and then just grabbing more low cmc mana rocks like Mind Stone , Prismatic Lens , and Marble Diamond could be good picks. A few others that I think would be good and pretty budget are Hedron Archive and Worn Powerstone
You will also want some card draw so you can dig into your deck a bit. Endless Atlas and Mind's Eye are both decent card draw options that you could use another that I use in my land is Geier Reach Sanitarium and Mikokoro, Center of the Sea lastly The Immortal Sun will buff creatures, make your spells cost 1 less, and draw you cards.
Some last few additions I think would be good is Brave the Sands since having those double strike creatures able to block as well will be very beneficial. Since your deck is very creature heavy I would include some instant speed spells to protect you from board wipes like Make a Stand , Eerie Interlude , Selfless Spirit , and possibly Teferi's Protection
True Conviction could be a nice substitute for your commander if the commander tax gets too high and gives your guys lifelink. Light from Within will give your creatures some really good boosts, Marshal's Anthem will help bring some creatures back and is an anthem effect, also Force of Virtue is a potentially free cast at instant speed for a team boost.
3 days ago
well somehow my comment broke. that sucks. Recommend to remove: Voltaic Servant Sprite Noble Empyrean Eagle Golem's Heart Cathedral Membrane Heraldic Banner Journeyer's Kite One of the things you have that makes things enter tapped. Maybe. And some lands.
Recommend: Anthem(1-2 more of at most) Spear of Heliod Obelisk of Urd Leonin Sun Standard Stuff cost less Helm of Awakening Jhoira's Familiar Hatefull Diversionary Tactics Suppression Field Protec Retract Draw Slate of Ancestry Etherium Astrolabe Does Everything The Immortal Sun
3 days ago
So after looking at it real quick, here are lists of lists:
Things I would definitely take out: Show
Things I might take out: Show
Cards to consider adding. Show
The List Show
The Why Show
What? Why? Show
4 days ago
Deck Update 12/11:
- -2X Mountain
- - Plains
- - Karametra, God of Harvests
- - Forerunner of the Empire
- - Thornscape Familiar
- - Archangel of Thune
- - The Immortal Sun
- - Aurelia, the Warleader
- + Sanctum of Eternity
- + Castle Garenbrig
- + Rhythm of the Wild
- + Wilderness Reclamation
- + Marauding Raptor
- + Knight of the Stampede
- + Shifting Ceratops
- + Urza's Incubator
- + Atla Palani, Nest Tender
I reduced the mana count by 1. But in return added a little more cost reduction and do not see too much of an impact from this particular change. Removed Karametra, God of Harvests , Archangel of Thune , and Aurelia, the Warleader due to them being a bit pricey and slow. Added Wilderness Reclamation , Shifting Ceratops and Atla Palani, Nest Tender in their place. As these cards are faster and synergise a bit better with the deck. Forerunner of the Empire was replaced by Marauding Raptor as it fits into the tribal portion of the deck better and has again more synergy. The Immortal Sun was dropped due to being to pricey and slow as well. Replaced by Urza's Incubator , a cheaper cost reduction. Thornscape Familiar replaced by Knight of the Stampede . This is due to Knight being a bit better of a cost reducer. Rhythm of the Wild added due to being a better weapon against control and has the option to make the dino's bigger or have haste.
2 weeks ago
The Immortal Sun is the best colorless card draw card at 6 cmc
2 weeks ago
- Fetchlands can help mana fix as well as thin the deck a little bit (It only gives you a like 1 or two percentage points so do that last).
- Fast lands and check lands are amazing I would have at least 4 in total between the two. Magosi, the Waterveil doesnt seem like an amazing card to me. You give someone one an extra turn which lets them draw more threats while you don't draw anything. I don't even see UWx Control style decks running it. I would run different lands, maybe some man lands if you want to go that route.
- Howling Mine is only good if you have a way to tap it, so you can break the symmetry. Look at this way, you are looking for 12-N fogs, they are looking for any threat in there deck. Temple bell isn't great for the same reason. They only way to use those cards are with ways to break the symmetry. Narset, Parter of Veils is a better card in general.
- Explore is great ramp when you are running more lands. If you want card draw run Opt .
- Fog Bank is also an amazing creature, being it flys. If you arent playing against bolt affects.
- Sleep can be pretty damaging and it lets you hold onto fogs longer.
- Cryptic Command is wayyyy better than whelming wave. Its always a two for 1. Venser, Shaper Savant is also good. Riftwing Cloudskate is also nice due to the fact you cant stall enough turns. Repeal is also good It can bounce anything, plus draw a card.
- Gigadrowse is an interesting card. I dont fault anyone for taking it. I personally dont like it as much. I think the cards i listed above just do a better job.
- If you use the blue filtering cards like opt, you wont need as many Kioras being you be able to find them easier, plus itll free up more deck space for other cards.
- I can see why you want no ETBs now. The Immortal Sun although higher CMC would shut them down hard as well. Id still probably run T. Orb though. Just throwing that out there.
- Eternal Witness and Snapcaster Mage mages are tempting for you to run being you can recast fogs which makes your deck more powerful. Just having creatures can be ok, because they get you value and can trade which means you dont have to use a fog, and can remove a creature slowing the game. Which are all great things, you can baord them out when you want T. orb.
- For spirits if they are playing a competive list you should just lose. I dont know how you deal with Spell Queller .
Zakath on My Merfolk
3 weeks ago
Personal thought: Remove Stormtide Leviathan - massive target and hate bringer. Add The Great Henge for lifegain and draw. Remove Deepchannel Mentor , Kalonian Hydra , Intruder Alarm . Deepchannel too expensive for what it does. Kalonian doesn't fit the theme. Intruder Alarm will really only benefit your opponents as you are already untapping on each end step. Remove either Vanquisher's Banner or The Immortal Sun due to mana costs. You need at least 8 more lands. 33 lands in commander is like 20 lands in standard. 25 in commander is like 15 in standard. Aetherflux Reservoir is also a hate generator. Might want to remove that in favour of more lands.
4 weeks ago
Dragon's Hoard will let you a draw card (not on entry, though, but still free), and it sticks around as a source of mana.
Skyscanner is a 1/1 flyer for that draws you a card on entry (a little expensive at 3 mana, but might be worth looking into).
Sunset Pyramid gives you 3 card draws at a cost of for each, and it can scry 1 for as well, which might help you get to what you need sooner.
The Immortal Sun is kind of expensive for , but it's hard to deny the value it brings to the table. Might be good to run 1 or 2 in the deck, or at least in the sideboard.
The Immortal Sun occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.14%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%