|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rivals of Ixalan (RIX)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
The Immortal Sun
Players can't activate planeswalkers' loyalty abilities.
At the beginning of your draw step, draw an additional card.
Spells you cast cost less to cast.
Creatures you control get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||HydraOoze , metlguy , CastleSiege , a_murpheus , coyler2016 , , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Zomgasa , Nemesis , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Dr_Jay , Xunfor6iv3nX , Unlife , Thunderbeard , awalloftext , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , lorddarkstar|
|Want (38)||Kurtimus , flipdipple , AcademyMaster , Mikitta , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , Dadaman11 , HackerToad , Mousemke , AlucardZain , Adameus2012 , The_Besticle , shadowsrisen , iamdead173 , Pigsnout23 , asinausk , SlickWizard , anglophile_ws , notsaying , gabrielguieiro , IRNMN , Clones16 , FoamEagle , blackar , kean12112 , Loading_Error , Dk1997 , Teufell , Gypsyhatten , TheCommieDuck , i_love_hentai , Djricci97 , TheAceol , marmar305 , darvit555 , myrmyr , OutsideTheMox , pewdiepie , llama64|
The Immortal Sun Discussion
7 hours ago
Regarding actual advice on the composition of the deck, I don't know what cards you have available to you, but I'd recommend:
- Legion's Landing Flip
- Radiant Destiny
- Adanto Vanguard
- Sanctum Seeker
- Vanquisher's Banner (I don't run it personally but you may find it useful)
- The Immortal Sun (may be a bit high for your curve but worth considering at least in the sideboard)
- Ajani's Pridemate (not a vampire but benefits strongly from lifelink)
- Skymarcher Aspirant (on-curve and evasive once you have the City's Blessing)
1 day ago
For cheap counterspells that aren't listed in your maybe board you can use Dispel , Rebuff the Wicked , Turn Aside , Unsubstantiate , Spell Pierce . Negate , Arcane Denial , Countersquall , and Imp's Mischief .
For Esper colors, there isn't much you can do for fast ramp aside from relying on faster lower costed mana rocks to makes it go faster. The other alternative route to this is going for a cost reducer route like using cards like Helm of Awakening , Jhoira's Familiar , Baral, Chief of Compliance , Cloud Key , Etherium Sculptor , Foundry Inspector , Grand Arbiter Augustin IV , and The Immortal Sun .
Hope that helps!
2 days ago
You will need more card draw to keep up the pressure. Some fine cards to draw with would be Mentor of the Meek , Solemn Simulacrum , Mask of Memory , Mind Stone , Skullclamp , The Immortal Sun , Oblation , Arch of Orazca and Mind's Eye . Some of them have other uses aswell, but in general mono white needs a lot of cards devoted to ramp and card draw to keep up with the other colors. Best Regards
4 days ago
merdrach hey, thanks for the interest. I had a stable, tight list around mid-2018, but then I sold a lot of the pieces at Grand Prix Milwaukee in November. So, right now I don't have a paper list.
That doesn't take away my 4+ year mastery of the deck though, so I'll come out and say it, if you do want to play this deck, it's gonna be pricey. You need to begin with the payoffs, Ugin, all 5 playable Eldrazi Titans are all going to be what you want to pick up first. You can make budget choices with the ramp, but it's gonna be a lot slower obviously. Cards like Jeweled Amulet are surprisingly effective.
When you're building on a budget it's easy to fall into traps, Gruesome Slaughter for example, make no mistake, is unplayable unless you're running a less tuned version of this deck with 30+ creatures. Make sure that, for boardwipes, you get the full suite of Ugin, the Spirit Dragon , Oblivion Stone , Nevinyrral's Disk , All Is Dust , and, if you're really into wiping the board, Perilous Vault , but you'd rather not exile all your ramp artifacts.
4 days ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
4 days ago
SynergyBuild it wasn't too out of hand, just insistant citation of R/cEDH calling this tier 3 or 4, which is laughable.
Nahiri is something I've always wanted to have in this deck, but where's the cut? I think the deck's pretty tight as it stands, and I think if it does want to cut a card, maybe Grafted Exoskeleton it might just want a new card that actually gives card advantage, like The Immortal Sun or one of the many Outpost Siege effects
6 days ago
I'm guessing that war of the spark may refer to Azor's spark, inside The Immortal Sun? Anyone else get those vibes?
1 week ago
Mass Calcify and The Immortal Sun are two that I can think of. Since you're using Solemnity, you could always put in Phyrexian Unlife and Worship. While I don't have an Angel themed mono-white EDH deck, do have one as well. Forkbeard also has an Angel mono-white EDH, might want to look there as well.