Artifact Creature — Construct
Artifact spells you cast cost less to cast.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Foundry Inspector Discussion
5 hours ago
Both decks seem extremely good and seem like they can compete just as much as my decks. Which work and don't work. I am thinking of adding in fling to my artifact deck so I can pull those victories that I missed due to being slightly slower than it should be. Not sure how it'd play though since the concept is simple. Turn two, Key to the City; turn three, Foundry Inspector, turn four, 2 Hedron Archive and 1-2 Metalwork Colossus; turn five, swing for ten unblockable then Fling during second main phase and sec Metalwork Colossus for win.
14 hours ago
I am in love with the idea of an atog deck, but I would suggest a full playset of Foundry Inspector to free cast all of the artifacts suggested below, Ravenous Intruder because it is the main wincon of the deck, and a full playset of Pia's Revolution to compensate for when they put the artifact in the grave.
I would drop Treasure Keeper because you want to try to combo off turn 4.
I am a little skeptical of Hope of Ghirapur, but try it out to see how it goes because it is combo protection.
2 weeks ago
Could try and swap in Foundry Inspector. It'll make your artifacts cheaper and give you a creature. You could also try Aetherworks Marvel to help cast your expensive artifacts. (Can also consider tokens to charge Aetherworks Marvel quicker)
2 weeks ago
Vaan thanks for the hints! I should work on a mayboard, Cranial Plating and Shrapnel Blast Sound like the thing I could use...especially the latter. Thoughtcast seems to be a better Option than Reverse Engineer, which Was my choice before, thanks for that that! I love the artwork of Etherium Sculptor and besides that it's Name suites my deck, hehe, but I prefer Foundry Inspector due it's greater power and colorlessness. I use low cost artifacts and won't use my GY so much,I don't think Scarecrone suits me, Darksteel Citadel is real cool tho and I was thinking about Whirler Rogue before too! Also I might use Efficient Construction
What I still wonder is about my Mana, still Need to find the right Balance. I want to have three Mana asap, but in mid game I usually draw too many of 'em..Anyway, cheers for the Input, I appreciate it
3 weeks ago
Change Log 01/05/17
Added colored artifacts for the Dimir artifact archetype. Thought it would be a good idea to include some Dimir/X artifacts as well for some added variance.
- Executioner's Capsule (artifact removal)
- Scepter of Fugue (cross archetype artifact. could work in punisher?)
- Sharuum the Hegemon (Gives us a reason to splash white)
- Silas Renn, Seeker Adept (good blocker, does stuff when it connects)
- Noxious Gearhulk (bomb)
- Sphinx Sovereign (decent top end, gives orzhov drain a payoff for splashing blue)
- Sphinx Summoner (value fliers. can't say no)
- Tidehollow Strix (this card is probably too shitty... BUT it's a nice rattlesnake in Dimir, which is good in multiplayer, and it's an artifact. Thoughts?)
- Cranial Plating (duh)
- Bident of Thassa (messes with opponents' combat and is an artifact. seems like other decks might want this, which is why i like it)
- Courier's Capsule (it's possible that this card just sucks, but I wanted to cast a wide net)
- Etherium Astrolabe (need sac outlets for Spine etc.)
- Etherium Sculptor (cost reduction)
- Ethersworn Adjudicator (good beater, another reason to splash white)
- Filigree Sages (this actually seems kinda bad now that I think of it. what do you think?)
- Inkwell Leviathan (duh)
- Mask of Riddles (maybe this sucks, but it's a good way to sneak in some damage and get cards while being an artifact)
- Master of Etherium (duh)
- Master Transmuter (duh)
- Sharding Sphinx (good top end)
- Skill Borrower (possible terrible, but could be fun. We need to see if there are enough activated abilities in the archetype to justify this)
- Thopter Foundry (need sac outlets, card is just value. we will not include the combo I don't think)
- Bastion Inventor (seems decent, but maybe a bit underpowered in multiplayer)
- Herald of Anguish (duh)
- Reverse Engineer (draw that rewards artifact decks. maybe too specific? probably better for the cube to just put some other draw in this slot)
- Sly Requisitioner (good way to get value from your sacced artifacts. also lines up nicely against the grave pact deck)
- Whir of Invention (duh)
- Wurmcoil Engine (duh)
- Spine of Ish Sah (duh)
- Solemn Simulacrum (duh)
- Scrap Trawler (duh)
- Treasure Keeper (duh)
- Filigree Familiar (duh)
- Epochrasite (i'm not super sold on this, but I like recurrable creatures in multiplayer, so this seems nice)
- Lodestone Golem (possibly too annoying)
- Scarecrone (duh)
- Foundry Inspector (duh)
- Palladium Myr (duh)
- Trading Post (duh)
- Myr Retriever (duh)
- Ichor Wellspring (duh)
- Mycosynth Wellspring (duh)
- Pristine Talisman (duh)
- Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (not sure actually whether this is the right tez for this archetype. both of the ones from kaladesh seem spicy. what do you think?)
OVERALL THOUGHTS: I'm a bit worried that this archetype as it is now builds itself too easily. I would prefer to have more cross-pollination among archetypes and less "this card is only good in the artifact deck". There is a risk that having both goblins (which are basically junk cards if no one is in the archetype) and artifacts (many of which are only good in the Dimir archetype) dilute the cube too much, making the less archetype-driven decks worse off due to fewer playables. What do you think?
3 weeks ago
As I said before I like Future Sight Sensei's Divining Top. You play Etherium Sculptor or Foundry Inspector or Cloud Key and make all your artifacts cost one less. Play Future Sight and then play Sensei's Divining Top for free. tap the top draw a card put top on your library. Play top for free. You do this until you have your whole deck in your hand. Then I play Paradox Engine Aetherflux Reservoir to win.
These combos are "better" because they are generally lower CMC. Paradox Engine and Future Sight are the biggest spells at 5 mana and every piece of this combo works well without the other parts. They also win without giving anyone else another turn.
3 weeks ago
Sorry I came off as a pretentious asshole in my first comment. It looks much better although I do have some cheap suggestions.
Lands; Replace the lands that gain you life and the guildgate with the templesTemple of Deceit. People underestimate how useful scry is, especially in longer games. Add a Command Tower because we are playing commander. Along with this I would add the pain lands Adarkar Wastes. The fact that they come in untapped and you only have to pay life for colored mana makes them very useful and they hardly ever make much of an impact in your life total.
Also what do you use infinite mana for other than really expensive things like Planar Bridge? It seems unnecessary. I would bail on Pili-Pala, Grand Architect combo along with Planar Bridge and replace them with the Sensei's Divining Top, Future Sight, Etherium Sculptor/Foundry Inspector. the top just got banned in legacy and the price is lower than it has been in a long time and each of those cards are extremely useful. I would also bail on Peregrine Drake and Deadeye Navigator and Magister Sphinx. I know the sphinx is good but unless someone you play with is getting more than 50-60 life a game its not that great for multiplayer commander. If you want something along the same lines try Sphinx of the Steel Wind.
1 month ago
Since you have such a high artifact count, Lodestone Golem might also help to give you an edge against the rest of the table.