|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (12)||Hellsing , MagnaAura , jstn.mrrtt , Shiromakuro , Jauntu , admizell , Azdranax , warcry02 , pauldiamond64 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , angesoir , Justinaut|
|Want (28)||MoJoMiXuP , Oloro_Magic , aeonstoremyliver , MindAblaze , TheAlmostHero , jamesesdad , phoere , VampSlayer , sonnet666 , ryuzaki32667 , Sparky41 , Randomdeath , DudeMan1031 , rakdos24 , abby315 , Big-Foot , awalloftext , Forkbeard , Daeyel , Turtlelover73 , Ariumlegion , xpsychovampx , LoneCrusader399 , BlueMageBrandon , KevinLS , Malachy_ , BetaTest , Grantley91|
Vampiric Tutor Discussion
4 hours ago
Honestly man I'd cut Praetor's Counsel for Rings, and I still think playing the Praetors is a dick move... lol. I mean Mirari's Wake is 2 less than Vorinclex and DOESN'T make everyone at the table target you, cuz I promise you it will; I know from experience. My playgroup made me take it out. Jin Gitaxias is about as bad honestly.
Also from gameplay Oath Of Gideon didn't do much for me, I run Enlightened Tutor and Vampiric Tutor to get to doubling season and so OoG doesn't do much. Sure its two extra counters with doubling season but... I dunno man didn't seem to do much in my deck.
1 day ago
Where are your fetches? Why is Blightsteel Colossus in this deck? You can't even cheat him into play. Come to think of it, a lot of your big guys just do nothing and are hard to cast. I would rather go for deck efficiency than play big bombs that do nothing. Maybe just play a Zur deck + an Apostle deck like the ones you see on EDHrec. It looks like you're jamming pet cards in an archetype that doesn't even want to play them.
Personally I would go for an Enduring Ideal deck if I were playing Zur.
2 days ago
Flameshadow Conjuring is awesome when it works. But the deck now has 11 legendary creatures that it can't copy, so it has to go. Swap it for a tutor to search for whatever the situation requires.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Your manabase is truly awful.
- You have too many lands that ETB tapped.
- You manabase color consistency is spotty at best.
- You have too many utility lands that don't provide colored mana (this is likely the root cause for #2).
- You are missing some key artifact ramp/color fixing.
- You are running some very questionable choices: Examples: Crypt of Agadeem you only have 7 black creatures total (not counting commander) Save this for a mono-black deck & Glacial Chasm my guess is you are using this to hold off attacks until you can combo off. The issue is this card combos best with Solemnity, but you can't run white.
- 1,2,3: Drop a bunch of the ETB lands and utility lands bring in Fetchlands and Duals (OG Duals, Shocklands (Ravnica blocks), Tango Lands(Battle for Zendikar) and Bi-cycle lands (Amonkett)). Choose what works for your budget.
- 4. Add Chromatic Lantern it will help with color fixing, stops Blood Moon attacks and makes non-mana producing lands into mana producing lands. I would also suggest Mana Vault and Voltaic Key. These will help you mana ramp and keep pace with Ramp decks which have access to green mana. Also missing is Crucible of Worlds. It help you recover from mass land destruction and ensure you hit your land drops if you are running fetchlands. Other artifacts to consider are: Mox Opal, Chrome Mox, Grim Monolith, Rakdos Signet, Dimir Signet, Izzet Signet, Lion's Eye Diamond Again, choose what works for your budget.
- 5. Remove your questionable choices and run Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and Cabal Coffers instead. Urborg will make all your lands swamps, which will solve any black mana issues and make all non-mana lands into mana producing lands. And it combos amazingly with Cabal Coffers. It is way better than the Crypt of Agadeem. I also suggest running Maze of Ith instead of Mystifying Maze. Maze of Ith doesn't cost mana to activate and will deter attacks or at least nullify their best non-shroud, non-hexproof creature. Mystifying Maze will just encourage certain attacks since it can trigger ETB effects for your opponents. Which can be more valuable then shrinking your life total.
Other Issues and Potential Fixes:
- Graveyard Hate/Enchantment Removal. You added Pithing Needle to deal with certain artifacts but have ignored enchantment based graveyard hate. And I don't see any real enchantment removal. The only card that could hit an enchantment seems to be Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker. Leyline of the Void, Rest in Peace, and Ashes of the Abhorrent just straight up ruin your day. Grixis is weak to this permanent type, but blue has your best answers. I would add Cyclonic Rift which is the best 1 sided boardwipe in EDH and will help you recover from an oppressive board state or seal your position as the Victor. I would also suggest adding Venser, Shaper Savant. He can delay a spell from hitting the table or bounce back a troublesome permanent. He combos well with Riptide Laboratory.
- Troublesome Lands. I don't see any way for you to deal with lands that could ruin your day. Opponents running huge mana lands like Gaea's Cradle, Serra's Sanctum or Cabal Coffers or other trouble some lands like Scavenger Grounds. You have nothing for targeted removal of these threats Look to Strip Mine or Wasteland or similar lands.
- Missing Combo Pieces. Teferi's Veil combos with Sedris, just be mindful of the leaves battlefield clause from Sedris as they are still the same permanent still when they phase back in. And both Sneak Attack and Whip of Erebos combo with it and have high synergy with your deck. (same leaves battlefield clause applies to the whipped creatures) Also think about running Embalmer's Tools
- Quality Creatures. A lot of your creatures don't make sense or are just low on value. I would look back towards your original thought about ETB based creatures for the majority of your creatures to abuse. Combustible GearhulkNoxious Gearhulk,Molten Primordial,Sepulchral Primordial,Trinket Mage,Trophy Mage,Sidisi, Undead Vizier,Zealous Conscripts,Massacre Wurm,Sphinx of Uthuun. And then a few other key enabler creatures like: Deadeye Navigator which helps remove the leaves clause from creatures you cheated back from the graveyard and River Kelpie which will help you draw
- Better Tutors. You should be running better tutors in general and better tutors for your graveyard. Like: Entomb,Buried Alive,Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Final Parting, Dark Petition, Merchant Scroll, Mystical Tutor, Fabricate, Personal Tutor
- Better Looting/Rummaging. Like: Faithless Looting,Frantic Search,Dack Fayden,Windfall,Ancient Excavation,Cathartic Reunion, Careful Study
- Better Counterspells. Like: Mana Drain,Force of Will,Disallow,Forbid
- Cantrips. Getting to your best cards is key to being able to play your game. Brainstorm, Ponder,Preordain,Thought Scour
- Recursion. Some options open to you are: Snapcaster Mage, Yawgmoth's Will, Time Spiral, Past in Flames, Mizzix's Mastery,Magus of the Will, Crucible of Worlds
2 weeks ago
As Epajula not so eloquently stated, Marchesa offers a delayed trigger so ETB's are far from intant speed although death triggers would be instant speed. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed and Sneak Attack (get one, it's worth its weight in gold here) helps speed things up with these sorts of triggers though. I don't run very many instants myself, just Vampiric Tutor and Cyclonic Rift but they're very impactful. I'd suggest investing in some tutors like Diabolic Intent and Demonic Tutor as well to search up let pieces.
2 weeks ago
Solid revamp to the deck! I would suggest a few things just at a first glace. The deck is based around pumping slivers so keeping Sliver Queen alive is important. I suggest some of these: Ring of Evos Isle, Darksteel Plate, or Champion's Helm. Next I don't see anything dealing with flying creatures so these could help: Levitation, Akroma's Memorial. And last thing I can think of is some tutors, it's really easy to combo off to infinity with Sliver Queen. So I suggest some tutors, though they can get expensive: Demonic Tutor, Cruel Tutor, Diabolic Intent(good with the queen), Vampiric Tutor.
mattmccrackin, I don't suggest throwing all of these in there, only a couple.
2 weeks ago
Traveler247 I already have Animate Dead and Necromancy and don't feel like I need a third reanimate enchantment. Phantasmal Image was in there originally and may go back in because its a good clone, Deadeye Navigator also combos with LED and I don't want to fill the deck with combos. Vampiric Tutor isn't missing, I took it out because I want minimal instants and sorceries and there's nothing in here I need to find (still have 3 black tutors without it). Windfall does seem good, but I cant dump my had onto the field fast enough to get overwhelming advantage from it, it works a lot better in my Nekusar deck when I can play my whole hand in 2-3 turns, its going to end up drawing others too many cards. This is a battlecruiser deck that wants to play the long game so Mana Crypt deals too much damage over the course of the game vs. the fast out of the game value it provides me. Your suggestions were really good, but its not the direction I want to take this deck as most of my decks are already incredibly fast and aggresive (have a look at my Kess and Nekusar lists)