Search your library for a card, then shuffle your library and put that card on top of it. You lose 2 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (4)||NostalgicAce , LTmiller , warcry02 , HR19|
|Want (19)||TheRealPeaches , MoJoMiXuP , awalloftext , TheAlmostHero , Big-Foot , BlueMageBrandon , Turtlelover73 , , Ariumlegion , pskinn01 , Sparky41 , DudeMan1031 , xpsychovampx , MindAblaze , Grantley91 , cj96.calimlim , sonnet666 , LoneCrusader399 , Vasbear1|
Vampiric Tutor Discussion
6 hours ago
1 day ago
decent start to a search deck. if you are ignoring price may i also suggest Vampiric Tutor
3 days ago
If you're going to play Enter the Infinite, you should probably add Omniscience and finish the combo. Other than that, I would just try to slip in more tutors and a little more control, like Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor, and Force of Will and Pact of Negation and Counterspell. Also you can play the lab man combo in this deck if you want. It requires a Laboratory Maniac on the field and you to successfully cast Demonic Consultation, naming some random card you don't have in your deck.
4 days ago
When I build decks like this, which rely on key enchantments or artifacts, I find that tutor really helps keep the deck consistent. I really like the Enlightened tutor, it is one of my favorite cards, but I think you should be running 4 not 2. Black has some very strong tutor including Vampiric Tutor, Demonic Tutor, and Imperial Seal. Of course, if you are actually playing in the legacy format, all of those are banned :) Diabolic Tutor is really your only option there. Also, I really recommend that this deck runs Dark Ritual which can allow you to play your Grave Pact turn two. Or at least grab it with diabolic tutor/enlightened tutor turn two and play it turn three.
5 days ago
The best on-color wrath is Pernicious Deed. Toxic Deluge and maybe a BSZ are worth running. Spot removal is meta dependent, but tutors are not. There is no reason not to be running Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, Mystical Tutor, and probably Diabolic Intent, though that one is a little iffy
6 days ago
Nice deck, +1. You might want to take a look at my my build of the Kaalia deck for some inspiration. Here are just a few things that I noticed (and they assume a large budget, which obviously may not be the case; use your discretion):
(1) If you want Land Destruction, the obvious additions are--in addition to the things you mentioned-- Ajani Vengeant (which can also tap down/ burn a blocker so Kaalia can get through) and Ravages of War, which is Armageddon except ex$pen$ive. (I don't run it)
(2) Your creature suite: I could see some streamlining. The Akromas are somewhat controversial among Kaalia players. A lot of players think (and I agree) at the end of the day they're just dudes. Big dudes, but just dudes. They don't have anything going on besides large bodies; you can do better. Balefire Dragon would be a good start. It can singlehandedly wipe your opponents' boards. Steel Hellkite can do that too, esp. against tokens. Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon can steal wins, especially when equipped with a sword (more on that in a minute). I personally have some additional utility creatures in my deck like Grand Abolisher and Mother of Runes, as well as some cheaper creatures that can be easily cast if Kaalia gets removed so you're at least doing SOMETHING--Baneslayer Angel, Archfiend of Depravity, Stormbreath Dragon, etc. Some people run the former, but most everyone runs a few of the latter.
(3) Equipment: Would strongly recommend adding Stoneforge Mystic and acquiring Sword of Feast and Famine (combo with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault--which you should also consider adding) and Sword of Light and Shadow (recursion, combo.) The Mystic can also fetch up something as simple as Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots.
(4) Sweepers: Descend Upon the Sinful is cool and on theme, but basically overpriced by 2 mana relative to the effect that you're really using it for--the sweeper effect. This could simply become the much more efficient Day of Judgment (or Toxic Deluge) and you wouldn't notice the missing angle token. I'm not sure you want to be exiling your creature anyway; ideally you'd be peeling fatties out of the graveyard with something like Phyrexian Reclamation (or Volrath's Stronghold, if you can fit it into your budget.) Merciless Eviction can stay because it's very flexible; I don't personally run it, though again I've considered it.
(5) Mana Base: The Karoo lands (i.e. Orzhov Basilica) are cute, but the Shadowmoor/ Eventide filter lands (i.e. Rugged Prairie) are simply better. If you want an essentially no-strings "Sol" land, try Ancient Tomb. I'd also see about throwing in some more fetches; the KTK fetches can still be had relatively cheap. Also, Darksteel Ingot doesn't fit the game plan all that well--ideally you want 4 mana on turn 3, which the Ingot doesn't accomplish. Mind Stone or Talisman of Indulgence are your next best bets. Also look at Expedition Map because it can both fix your mana and tutor for a utility land like Hall of the Bandit Lord.
(6) The rest of the following recommendations are upgrades/things that would supplement what you're already doing and make the deck better overall. Dark Petition has a cool effect, but it still costs 5 mana. Pick up a Vampiric Tutor if you can. Break Through the Ranks could be Sneak Attack. Etc.
Feel free to inquire if you have any more questions.
1 week ago
Cards I was thinking about adding in
Kaervek the Merciless
Cavern of Souls
Temple of the False God
Rise of the Dark Realms
Torrent of Souls
Crucible of Fire
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Haven of the Spirit Dragon
Chancellor of the Forge
1 week ago
Doubling Season is one of the money cards you should get eventually, especially if you want to build your deck around planeswalkers.