|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
You have no maximum hand size.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Thought Vessel Discussion
1 day ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
2 days ago
Okay here are my promised suggestions.
Take out Winter Orb for Winding Constrictor, Trophy Mage for Master Biomancer, Tangle Wire for Eternal Witness, remove Sun Titan for a Ajani Unyielding, Supreme Verdict for I believe As Foretold even though not covered in your list if you can acquire one of these I recommend it, otherwise add maybe Vorel of the Hull Clade.
Beyond this, swap Stasis for Hardened Scales, Shred Memory for Scavenging Ooze, Perplex for Thrummingbird, Peacekeeper for either Authority of the Consulate (Will explain why soon) or Corpsejack Menace if not, Narset Transcendent for Glen Elendra Archmage, Muddle the Mixture for Abzan Charm, Luminarch Ascension for Aura Shards, Kiora, Master of the Depths for Forgotten Ancient, Idyllic Tutor for Collective Effort, Humility for I think Archangel of Thune if you have or can get one easily the card works well when you have of course your commander and Authority of the Consuls if you choose to run that, or just Rishkar's Expertise, Fabricate for Crystalline Crawler, Aura of Silence for Prime Speaker Zegana.
You could always add in some hydras to this like Primordial Hydra, Kalonian Hydra, and Lifeblood Hydra. Some other considerations are Reliquary Tower and Thought Vessel which I recommend one or more (I use both) so you don't ever have to worry about discard when you play Prime Speaker Zegana or Rishkar's Expertise. I also think you should try and add Inspiring Call which further supports having something for unlimited handsize. Oath of Ajani, Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, Abzan Falconer, and Chasm Skulker(good if you include all of that card draw) are a few other ideas.
When I can again I will try and help you find a place for Viral Drake and any others I missed/suggested additionally.
4 days ago
First up, you need acceleration more than lands. Cut down to 36 lands. Add Sol Ring, Boros Signet, Boros Cluestone, Land Tax, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Chromatic Lantern, Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Hedron Archive, Thran Dynamo, Gilded Lotus until you have about 41 cards that produce mana. I suggest Sol, Signet, Monolith, Chromatic, Hedron personally.
Next up, strip back everything. I go for the 10 removal, 5 draw, 35 creature, the rest value school of basic deck design. Try to pick the angels you really want and cut the chaff ones.
Also you could have a more thematic commander. Anya, Merciless Angel is a good stuff Angel for the red zone. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight is another good red zone commander but attracts more hate. Basandra, Battle Seraph is a more political commander, forcing attacks etc and turning off combat tricks and removal. Aurelia, the Warleader is just a generically good commander who helps attacks. Razia, Boros Archangel is pretty bad but is thematic.
4 days ago
Update to the deck:
Upgrades coming slow as I just moved cross country and started a new job.
I have found Tolaria West to be quite slow. It is typically only useful when Necropotence hasn't produced Reliquary Tower or Thought Vessel. Then it only ever tutors for Reliquary Tower. I will probably look to replace it soon. City of Brass is a good contender.
Overall the Lands are working well outside of that. I especially like the Prairie Stream and Sunken Hollow, they are Lands that can be Fetched on an opponent's End Step to come in untapped, or come in untapped all by themselves.
I find Karmic Justice to be quite useful in Multiplayer games. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with everyone and Counter everything. I find that it's unrestricted destruction of any permanent very nice. Playing Voltron in Multiplayer typically has me playing a bit slower than other Zur decks so it proves useful. I typically turtle up first, then combo out to kill people. People are much less likely to target my stuff when they know I can (usually) blow up anything they have on their board.
I also love Mana Short!! It is extremely underrated imo. Sadly it is not a true alter, I just marked it as alter because it is signed by the artist. In most of my decks the alter symbol simply means it is a signed card. I am a big fan of signed cards.
Thanks for your comment, and I am extremely sorry for my late response.
5 days ago
This is not meant for any offense to you, but anyone with a semi decent commander deck would crush this, you could probably stand with a switching of commanders, look up a few and see which ones you like, then you could use Stormtide Leviathan for heavy hitting, Mulldrifter is just good fore card draw, Kira, Great Glass-Spinner, and Arcanis the Omnipotent is a must have as well. Counterspell is just one of the best cards ever printed for blue, Cyclonic Rift, Sol Ring should be in every single deck no matter what, no exceptions, Disallow is also just strictly good, Brainstorm and Ponder are also amazing cards that belong in every blue deck, Sapphire Medallion, Blue Sun's Zenith, Rhystic Study is amazing card draw, Thought Vessel is pretty good, Dissolve, Clever Impersonator, Jace's Sanctum, Dismiss, Metallurgic Summonings, Void Shatter, Treasure Cruise it may not seem it but its a very good card, even got restricted in Standard because of it, Reality Shift, Thing in the Ice Flip, Venser, Shaper Savant, High Tide, Mana Leak
5 days ago
1 week ago
I love Azami, Lady of Scrolls, some more cards for your consideration; Enter the Infinite, Chasm Skulker, Rhystic Study, Arcanis the Omnipotent, Psychosis Crawler, Ivory Tower, Thought Vessel, Graceful Adept and Thought Reflection
2 weeks ago
theauthentic, YOUR OPINIONS MATTER DAMMIT.
Thought Vessel, like many of the 2CMC rocks, is only in while I scrimp and save to get better mana. It does have offensively good synergy with Necropotence and Ad Nauseam, though, which makes it likely better than at least Prophetic Prism if not also Mind Stone.
My chief hesitation about trying to make Mucktide happen is consistency; I'm naturally deeper in blue, and I think I'd need a better (read: more expensive) land base before I could adequately justify that angle. I have four main, independent win cons, and while pushing a Mucktide shell could be really good, I'm worried I'd lose resiliency. I'd basically need to test a bunch before I could say. Regardless, if I had a Candlestick, I'd include Bubbling Muck in a heartbeat.
Anything else stick out for you?