Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each color among permanents you control.
As long as Conqueror's Flail is attached to a creature, your opponents can't cast spells during your turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Conqueror's Flail Discussion
2 days ago
1 week ago
MsSysbit - What good is Hero's Blade when you have only two legendary creatures? Not to mention that it doesn't provide not that much value. Brass Squire is an okay card, but it's flaw is that you have to tap it, and your opponent can easily respond to it with ease, making it predicable play. Conqueror's Flail works better in a multi-colored EDH since you have more access to multi-colored permeants on the field. The only good inclusion would be Godsend, yes, but the spot for it is tough.
1 week ago
1 month ago
A few non-standard includes here that I think are neat:
- Frontline Medic as another Iraos effect is neat.
- Jazal Goldmane as an alternative (and cheaper!) Pathbreaker Ibex is really cool
- Grave Titan seems pretty spicey for Saskia tokens. Seeing it here, I now wonder why it's run so little.
The mana base here seems extremely greedy. Only 1 mana rock and 36 lands for a 4.2 average CMC just seems a little too inconsistent.
Some possible adds:
- Odric, Master Tactician gives another way to push through damage without losing board presence.
- Brutal Hordechief (which you removed from the precon) may be worth another look for the same reason
- Odric, Lunarch Marshal lets you share some of the powerful keywords like Flying and Deathtouch
- Samut, Voice of Dissent is another haste enabler that can also share a reasonable keyword salad
- Elspeth, Sun's Champion can both produce tokens and provide a mostly one-sided board wipe
- Gahiji, Honored One is both a pump effect and can incentivize your opponents to attack each other
- Heliod, God of the Sun is msotly just going to be a vigilence enabler. I think its 4-mana "make one kind of crappy token" ability is a trap in Saskia (even though I love it in other decks)
- Sire Of Insanity seems worse at doing its job than the Conqueror's Flail that you removed from the stock list. Saskia tends to hold more cards than you'd think.
- Archetype of Aggression is mostly granting trample to things that aren't likely to use it very well. Most of your mass buffs that would make it useful grant trample anyway.
- Lurking Predators with only 29 creatures and no other top manipulation seems pretty ambitious. I get that it can filter away lands, but I can't imagine where you wouldn't rather just draw a threat instead.
- Mystic Barrier really hurts you when you have a wide board and draw mass pump. It's cute, and I fully support running it as a fun card, but it's usually going to hurt you more than help.
- Mardu Strike Leader seems right on the edge of worth it. Seems like a meta call, but it probably wouldn't feel terrible to lose it.
1 month ago
Inquisitor's Flail is a good idea. I think I'd run Fireshrieker first but it's possible that both should be in here. I've thought about Conqueror's Flail to keep people from messing with me when I'm equipping and swinging, but it feels so lame with only colorless permanents.
Not sure what the best cuts are. Loxodon Warhammer is expensive to equip, but trample is good and life gain is important when I don't have much to defend myself from the backswing (which is almost always). Sword of Light and Shadow often doesn't have targets in my graveyard. Shield of the Avatar probably doesn't do much, but I mainly put it in because I wanted to be able to equip my thopter with shields, so it probably stays until I pick up an Accorder's Shield or maybe a Shield of Kaldra.
1 month ago
1 month ago
So, I see a ton of great cards in here, but I think you need a focus, ya know? If you want to go full control, or full equipment, or tokens, or angel tribal, or lifegain, or whatever, do it! Just don't try all of them at once. Pick one or two I'd say.
Either way, Thalia, Guardian of Thraben probably isn't the right commander. Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + tokens for an alpha strike win deck, Kemba, Kha Regent for tokens/equipment, Eight-and-a-Half-Tails for control. I'm not sure which is best for a competitive commander, but whichever strategy you like most is probably your best bet.
As for some random card suggestions: Elspeth, Sun's Champion(great token generator/boardwipe), Conqueror's Flail(grand Abolisher as an equipement),Well of Lost Dreams(insane in a lifegain deck), Blind Obedience, Mana Tithe, Lapse of Certainty(control).
1 month ago
Hey DespairFaction, thanks for the suggestions! I'll go through and address each one quickly:
- I'm not really a fan of Mask of Memory, as you have to connect to draw.
- Skullclamp should definitely be in the deck, I agree. I had it in here at one point, but then took it out because I had taken some token generators out (i.e. Assemble the Legion). Since the addition of Monastery Mentor, clamp deserves a slot.
- People in my meta do play lots of board wipes, which is why I really like Sword of Light and Shadow. It also dodges the best spot removal with the pro white and black. Fliers are often most common in those colors, and I don't want to get chumped.
- Sword of Fire and Ice is obviously a good value card and I will consider it. I've never really liked Sword of War and Peace as I feel it's the most variable of the Swords. It also negates Boros Charm double strike (although some of the others swords do, as well).
- Conqueror's Flail is one I hadn't considered before, and it looks awesome. Dragonlord Dromoka is a powerhouse and having that effect on an artifact I can tutor is sick. One of the biggest problems I have is if someone counters Aurelia, obviously.
- I had Spirit of the Labyrinth in here and it was underwhelming. It also makes Wheel of Fortune a dead card in hand.
- Armageddon seems much more efficient to me than Cataclysm, but if I wanted another effect I've considered running Cataclysmic Gearhulk instead. The main thing I don't like about the cards is that they wipe my mana rocks. With Armageddon and multiple mana rocks, I can often still cast spells.
- Insurrection is very slow for this deck, and if it's countered, I'm in big trouble. I aim to win far before that with commander damage. It's also contingent on board state and can be a dead card in hand, so I'm not a fan.
- I tried Tajic, Blade of the Legion and cut him almost immediately. He usually ends up being a vanilla beater with an upside that isn't worth the mana investment.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm trying to make Aurelia as competitive as possible :)