|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Common|
|Vintage Masters (VMA)||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Twenty (V13)||Mythic Rare|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck (CTD)||Common|
|Masters Edition IV (ME4)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Common|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel (DKM)||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set (BTD)||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Common|
|Mercadian Masques (MMQ)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Common|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Common|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Common|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Common|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Common|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Common|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Common|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (27)||sonnet666 , abby315 , buildingadeck , fireborne1986 , LTmiller , rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , NorthernCrow , goodair , Kravian , dplerner , Famicomania , frederiklw , mziter501 , Qolorful , jaustinhowald , JAT0 , rockleemyhero , MoJoMiXuP , Swamy , Xikitten123 , Mousemke , Benniator , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , hardhitta71194 , TheAlmostHero , JeremyTheMiner|
|Want (3)||TheBl0b , TheRealPeaches , mlouden03|
Dark Ritual Discussion
2 days ago
You can essentially go a few routes with this deck while maintaining tempo with a Mid-Range Shell
- The Nut Draw(S) : Turn 1 WinExample a. Command Tower, Dark Ritual, Entomb, Reanimate, Lion's Eye Diamond, Pact of Negation, Force of WillLine: Dark Ritual to cast Entomb, putting Auriok Salvagers into your graveyard. Reanimate it with 1 of the 2 black mana still floating. Cast LED, combo off with Thrasios into Laboratory Maniac win-con or Aetherflux Reservoir
5 days ago
chaosumbreon87, its great to hear from you. I haven't seen you in a while! I guess I'm a bit leary of dredge, and if I can control it very well or not. I'd prefer to have the draw, I guess, but I don't know. It is worth tinkering with in the deck, I guess. Mind Stone and Fellwar Stone are good suggestions for mana rocks, and if Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual don't play out like I hope, I'll drop them for the rocks, unless you have other suggestions for the cuts.
The other deck you were going to help me with was Phelddacombo. :) Remember though, I'm kind of on a budget, but do have some nice stuff already.
6 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 week ago
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Turn 1: swamp Dark Ritual Entomb getting Griselbrand and cast Exhume. Pretty easy to win from there. Faithless Looting Reanimate Sire Of Insanity Grave Titan are all good targets. Avacyn, Angel of Hope is a good card to bring back too.
2 weeks ago
Well it certainly does look aggressive! No Dark Ritual shenanigans, though? The acceleration is nice in aggro, but I dont know exactly how this plays, so...
Also I see now that you did, Im already mistaking the Ixalan set symbol for conspiracy 2 all the time lol
2 weeks ago
It aint modern (Dark Ritual) but epic deck. Better than mine ;)