|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Vintage Masters||Mythic Rare|
|From the Vault: Twenty||Mythic Rare|
|Coldsnap Theme Deck||Common|
|Masters Edition IV||Common|
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition||Common|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic||Common|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel||Common|
|Beatdown Box Set||Common|
|Battle Royale Box Set||Common|
|International Collector's Edition||Common|
|Limited Edition Beta||Common|
|Limited Edition Alpha||Common|
|Promo Set||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||sonnet666 , TheRealPeaches , the.beanpole , Psycheretic , fireborne1986 , Swamy , rkarhade97 , ZombieFood , Kravian , KillDatBUG , MoJoMiXuP , AlertKnave8075 , Mousemke , SirFabius|
Dark Ritual Discussion
17 hours ago
From a playtesting persepective, I have never been mana-less while playing with only 33 (probably thanks in large part to the 98-card reduced deck size). Having Mana Crypt as a mainboard and getting a guaranteed 1-colorless from Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix each turn makes mana consistent enough (But you can never have too much land!). Sometimes the game will drag turn 3-4, but an Azusa, Lost but Seeking + Courser of Kruphix can change that almost immediately. The deck does a lot of spontaneous 1-turn mana blooms like that.
19 hours ago
Don't you have a problem with Dark Ritual ? I don't see any swamp
1 day ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
3 days ago
6 days ago
You don't have a lot of consistency to be honest. You might want more duplicates of the same card and not so many one-ofs. I wouldn't play a card really unless I had at least two or three of them. Mana curve is another thing to consider all though yours isn't that bad. And I would assume you wouldn't want to make the deck too strong and over priced :P Maybe 4 Vampire Nighthawk. More Anguished Unmaking, more Dark Ritual, more Blood Baron of Vizkopa. could focus on devotion with 4x Gray Merchant of Asphodel Gift of Orzhova. I dont think you need life link enchantments, should just use life link creatures. Anyway some cool and cheap cards to also consider maybe Obzedat, Ghost Council Unmake Oblivion Ring Sorin, Lord of Innistrad Debt to the Deathless Crypt Ghast Victim of Night Murder Tribute to Hunger Mortify
6 days ago
if your getting rid of stuff..why setal with only a 1 turn removal and it comes back..I always run Curse of the Swine and if you need mana speed i always have them running in my deck...Dark Ritual for none tornament use..but if it needs to be legal then depending on your colorless mana # run 2x Everflowing Chalice its my favorit card..and I use 2-3x, signets.. like Dimir Signet love this little card you just pay one mana and get your mana back plus an extra one. also greatly helps when you get a little color screwed..thats all i can offer for now
1 week ago
Lilbrudder So I have played about 30 or so games with my version which is more or less this list just missing a few of the hyper-expensive cards and it has been incredibly good. In that time, I have had three people recommend that I try Baral, Chief of Compliance and the more I think about it, the more I think that he deserves a spot. The cost discounting and occasional relevance when countering spells seems incredibly good with all of the rituals for such a low mana investment. Actually netting mana off of stuff like Manamorphose or just having Cabal Ritual be another Dark Ritual can make or break a win off of an early Ad Nauseam or Yawgmoth's Will. I will try it out in place of one of the cards I am missing, but I think that it may even have a place in the fully optimized list.
1 week ago
Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual could be really useful here, as my testing with this deck observes it's a bit slow. A turn one darksteel ingot and lich sounds nice from a dark ritual. Crypt Ghast could also be really good as a finisher.