|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Mirran (MBM)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Hero of Bladehold
Creature — Human Knight
Battle cry (Whenever this creature attacks, each other attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.)
Whenever Hero of Bladehold attacks, put two 1/1 white soldier creature tokens onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Justinaut , JAT0 , vishnarg , lolpatrol , Shiromakuro , nakni , wizardpch , zachi , miracle , jhTheMan99 , warcry02 , Roadhog , pokemate0 , TehDelta , almeidafabio , Vasbear1 , cklise , Forkbeard , rockleemyhero , joshw335 , mziter501|
Hero of Bladehold Discussion
2 days ago
I like it, looks fun!
I would also (possibly) swap Infinite Obliteration with Memoricide. It's a turn slower but less color intensive and the major upside is you can get any card. I would at least sideboard it so if you're playing against a less creature heavy deck it wouuld be more versatile.
Kabira Vindicator could be a good option
Always Watching could be a good enchantment for you.
Haakon, Stromgald Scourge seems really good with Final Parting
Finally Hero of Bladehold
1 week ago
4 weeks ago
Hey I am a long time Aurelia player. I like what you've done working on a budget, but heres a few upgrades I would make.
Someone above mentioned Comeuppance its amazing, especially with sunforger. Here are the cards that have been underwhelming for me: Legion's Initiative, Spear of Heliod, Figure of Destiny, Curse of Bloodletting, and Wild Ricochet.
Once you free up those slots, you have some great cards listed in your maybe board I would start with some of those: Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Hero of Bladehold, and Iroas, God of Victory are all absolute powerhouses. Some other things that I like for this style of deck True Conviction, Open the Armory, Sword of the Animist, and Mask of Memory. Sword and mask do so much work, and they generally dont attract the kind of hate that the more expensive equipments get. Anyway those are my thoughts, here are links to some of my Aurelia builds in case you want to check them out.
1 month ago
For starters, this looks like a fun deck to play. Swarming the board with tokens is always an exciting strategy. I find myself agreeing with ZendikariWol though about swapping commanders. This kind of deck would probably prefer a commander that costs less than 7 because that's a lot.
Also, your mana curve is rather high. Lowering it means you'll have more to play on earlier turns more often.
Here are some cards I might recommend adding:
- Conqueror's Pledge - I heard you liked soldiers
- Captain's Call or Cenn's Enlistment - similar effects, one has more upfront tokens but the other you can cast repeatedly.
- Hero of Bladehold - not a soldier herself but brings friends and buffs all attackers
- Teferi's Protection - token decks are weak to boardwipes. This phases you and all your permanents out of existence letting your token army dodge the removal. Obviously this is expensive, so I think it would depend on your meta
- Sergeant-at-Arms - Makes one soldier early game. Makes 3 soldiers late game
- Daru Warchief - buffs and discounts
- Field Marshal - buffs and first strike
- Veteran's Armaments - essentially a 0 equip cost
Here are some cards I might recommend removing:
- Planar Portal - wow, 12 mana tutor. That's a lot of mana. And you do have Citanul Flute which is similar
- Angelic Arbiter - this prevents you from casting something like Mobilization and then capitalizing on it
- Herald of War - not a soldier, doesn't buff all your non-human soldiers
- Mikaeus, the Lunarch - lots of mana, $5
- Requiem Angel - also not a soldier. Though the tokens are nice, they aren't soldiers, to be fair
- Weathered Wayfarer - I know white doesn't have tons of options for this kind of thing, but this is $14 and seems rather out of place.
1 month ago
Maybe Alliance of Arms since the symmetry is wildly skewed toward you. Brimaz, King of Oreskos is a g, Deploy to the Front is just wins the game (unless there's a board wipe) by the time you can cast it. Entrapment Maneuver can just DESTROY voltron. Hero of Bladehold is also a g, Nomads' Assembly is also just a win.
Also Preeminent Captain. That is all.
Happy brewing, and best of draws to you.
1 month ago
Hero of Bladehold, Ogre Battledriver, Accorder Paladin, Cryptborn Horror, Goblin Wardriver, Akroan Hoplite, Goblin Rabblemaster, Mardu Ascendancy might be good inclusions in a hyper aggessive deck. Have played with Battledriver and Bladehold before, disgusting amounts of damage
1 month ago
Hey dude love this deck! I have a few suggestions. You don't have to put this in but it seems good and that card is Hero of Bladehold. Another card you should put in is 2 Dismember's in the main maybe in the side. Another card you should definitly have four of in the main is Mutavault. The last card is History of Benalia. It is new so maybe wait a few months a see how good it is. My last question is why are you running Elspeth, Knight-Errant
1 month ago
Nice deck! Thraben Inspector is always a nice card, and Thalia's Lieutenant would be amazing in this deck. Expedition Envoy isn't awesome, but it's a 2/1 for , which is pretty convenient. If you decide to make the deck non-budget, Hero of Bladehold could make by formidable, and Student of Warfare can get pretty intimidating if you put a little mana into it. And by the way, if you want to get rid of the other colors on your color wheel () that come from Unclaimed Territory, enter those colors when you're editing your deck in the "Exclude Colors" section. Keep up the good work, definitely a +1!