|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (AC2)||None|
Combos Browse all
Talisman of Indulgence
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
Tap: Add (Black) or (Red) to your mana pool. Talisman of Indulgence deals 1 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Talisman of Indulgence Discussion
1 day ago
Would have to agree with pskinn01 on signets over cluestones. Signets are really good. You also have Talisman of Indulgence which is really good. 2 mana rocks are so good. They only give you mana, but they accelerate you so much harder. Card advantgae is good but don't put in slower ramp just because it has card advantage tacked onto it.
Crackling Doom is ok, but it's much better in a 1v1 format, where the boards are typically much smaller.
3 days ago
I would recomend taking your Talisman of Indulgence & Rakdos Keyrune out for better ramp artifacts like Darksteel Ingot & Commander's Sphere. Also take out a Salt Flats for a Cavern of Souls and if you can't afford a cave it would be better to put in an Orzhov Guildgate as the whole point of a pain land is that you pay some life when you use it but it comes in untapped, if a painland comes in tapped- just use a tapland.
4 days ago
4 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
1 week ago
Last_Laugh, what are your thoughts on the three signets and Talisman of Indulgence? I cut all four for Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, another land (37) and Stromkirk Noble. I am not sold on Stromkirk but he seemed the best of the one drop vampires I was not playing. This deck seems to need to go fast and both Moxes seem to fit that strategy.
I experimented with Glengarry's 29 Land Edgar deck. I could be wrong but I think it may be tough for it to win in a four person pod. I am trying to borrow some of the ideas that have synergy with your deck. Gone are some of the more expensive vampires:
These were replaced by mostly one and two mana vampires. I am playing Shared Animosity, Coat of Arms, Purphoros, God of the Forge, and Eldrazi Monument. The first three really care more about the quantity of vampires over the quality.
I am also trying out Scapegoat which I borrowed from Glengarry. It seems in theory to be a card that mitigates the damage done from board wipes.
I am not playing Phyrexian Arena, Heirloom Blade or Greed. I have only cast Dark Prophecy once but it was effective. I am playing additional life gain vampires and may be able to negate some of the life loss.
What do you think? With which of the points are you in most disagreement?
1 week ago
WOW, i love this deck! I'm Brazillian, is much more hard to buy expensive decks here! Because of this I liked all your budget decks and they are extremely well made. You deserve a reward for all the time and dedication it takes to ride them.
Did i do the rigth thing? Or i could have taken another cards?
2 weeks ago
Nice! Mardu is one of my absolute favourite colour combos.
Another cute interaction (You're in the colours!) is Blasphemous Act/Star of Extinction and Stuffy Doll/Boros Reckoner/Spitemare. For extra style points, add Arcbond. This is actually probably a bad suggestion and I don't condone it.
Phyrexian Arena and Underworld Connections are great draw in your colours. Cut Ambition's Cost and a land? I usually run 36 lands and adjust as needed; You have a pretty low curve and probably won't be casting a lot of creatures for their actual cost.
2 weeks ago
Yes I have 33 lands, but lands are not the only things that I use for mana. I also have Sol Ring, Boros Signet, Orzhov Signet, Rakdos Signet, Talisman of Indulgence Coldsteel Heart, Fellwar Stone, Mind Stone, and Solemn Simulacrum. That equals a total 42 mana producers, which works fine for me. I have considered more lands, but in this case I prefer these mana accelerators because they help me cast the late game cards you mentioned faster.
As for Warstorm Surge, and Chandra's Ignition: I like Warstorm Surge, and Chandra's Ignition but not in this creature light, enchantment heavy deck. Plus the creatures I do run do not have much power.
Thanks for the suggestions